So excited, then bummed WLV not getting sleeper chair in 1 bdr. Help me understand

mom4graceandlogan

DIS Veteran
So WL is my absolute favorite resort, honeymooned there go every year. And I also have my biggest gripe with WL and VWL. We are a family of 5 with the youngest now over 3. A few years ago a CM assured me over the phone( I realized that means nothing but I hoped) that the next VWL would include the sleeper chair. I saw the Rehab update on all ears say that yes they were indeed adding sleeper chair to the VWL. I jumped with joy and screamed to my husband Yes we can finally buy DVC! and then I read further. Only adding to the studios. Seriously? What is the point. My family of 5 could never be comfortable in the studios with a sleeper sofa and the chair. That is just climbing all over each other. Now the one bedrooms are huge for us and that would be perfect. Some of the other DVC sleep 5 in the 1 bedrooms. Why do they hold out on the VWL? Anyone in the know have an answer. I just can't justify the cost of either a 2 bedroom or renting two regular hotel rooms when other deluxes sleep five. I only want to buy with VWL as my home resort. Just had to vent and see if anyone had heard of why they hold out on VWL.

It's been discussed here that BWV, VWL, SSR, HHI and BCV have living rooms that are too small to hold the sleeper chair.

The studios at VWL only have 1 queen bed and a double sleeper sofa.

So WL is my absolute favorite resort, honeymooned there go every year. And I also have my biggest gripe with WL and VWL. We are a family of 5 with the youngest now over 3. A few years ago a CM assured me over the phone( I realized that means nothing but I hoped) that the next VWL would include the sleeper chair. I saw the Rehab update on all ears say that yes they were indeed adding sleeper chair to the VWL. I jumped with joy and screamed to my husband Yes we can finally buy DVC! and then I read further. Only adding to the studios. Seriously? What is the point. My family of 5 could never be comfortable in the studios with a sleeper sofa and the chair. That is just climbing all over each other. Now the one bedrooms are huge for us and that would be perfect. Some of the other DVC sleep 5 in the 1 bedrooms. Why do they hold out on the VWL? Anyone in the know have an answer. I just can't justify the cost of either a 2 bedroom or renting two regular hotel rooms when other deluxes sleep five. I only want to buy with VWL as my home resort. Just had to vent and see if anyone had heard of why they hold out on VWL.

The studios are not getting a sleeper chair. They are getting a pulldown underneath the TV, similar to VGF. I don't understand either why they are not putting it in the 1 bedroom, there should be more room than a studio.

I'm completely confused over the whole studio getting a sleeper chair and ultimately greater occupancy too. If they can fit a sleeper in the studio there's definitely room in the 1BR's and 2BR's.

VGF was the first to start this and it's an odd trend IMO - both for space and greater wear and tear with more crowding in a small studio but also I don't understand DVC doing this from a sales point either. One push for more points is the occupancy and now they've done the opposite and are encouraging greater occupancy of the smaller rooms. ??????

It doesn't make sense to me. 1 bedrooms are usually the last to be reserved due to the same occupancy number as studios but twice the points. You would figure they would want to increase the occupancy of the 1 bedrooms rather than the studios.

Doesn't solve your concern with sleeper. if youre driving you could bring twin air mattress, it has worked for us in the past. Many years ago when cushions came off couch are youngest used them to build a "birds nest" in master whirlpool tub at BWV. We used blankets to create bumpers, 14 years later she still talks about it as her favorite place to sleep!

Seriously? They're putting a pulldown in the TV cabinet in VWL studios? Where the heck is there room for it to open up, with the bed and the sofa bed?

I can't imagine 5 people in those little studios. I thought the point of DVC was the extra living space, not cramming as many bodies into a room as possible.

If I had to stay in a single room with 5 people, the last place I'd pick is a VWL studio. I'd rather stay at POR, at least there are two actual beds in the room.

What a waste of the renovation budget.

I believe you can always book 5 in a 1bd in any of the resorts. I've done this, but my youngest is very small and easy to fit anywhere...

I also would rather see the sleeper or pull down added to the 1 bd because we need the space, so I guess we will just bring a mattress. Silly because it's more points to book the 1bd. Wonder why they want more people to use less points?

I can't imagine a pull down in BLT. That would be very tight...:scared1:

That is weird that they wouldn't add the pull down to the 1 bedrooms as well...would definitely make the value of them go up and become more popular...

Seriously? They're putting a pulldown in the TV cabinet in VWL studios? Where the heck is there room for it to open up, with the bed and the sofa bed?

I can't imagine 5 people in those little studios. I thought the point of DVC was the extra living space, not cramming as many bodies into a room as possible.

If I had to stay in a single room with 5 people, the last place I'd pick is a VWL studio. I'd rather stay at POR, at least there are two actual beds in the room.

What a waste of the renovation budget.

Totally agree! With the pull down bed, you lose drawer space. I will not live out of my suitcase even for just a 2 night stay. I want drawer space. The drawers under the bed are not usable to me as I get dizzy bending over like that and I have a bad back.

Please tell me they are not really going to do this to the VWL studios.

Laura

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter