So how's the 4th of July

Tigger2ntinkerbell

DIS Veteran
We're book for the week of the 4th next year(have never stayed during this time frame), so we no idea how bad or good it will be.This is Adults only trip.
Can anyone offer up some helpful tips(fireworks viewing, events, must see).
TIA

In general, MK has special fireworks (including perimeter “360”) on the 3rd and 4th.
Epcot has additional fireworks on the 4th

The past 2 years have been unusually low crowds (more like September than peak summer) for that time period.

The MK fireworks show will change your definition of a packed MK Hub. They are great fireworks, just be ready to enjoy them with 100,000 of your newest, very close friends ;)

Last edited:
I think Epcot was crowded on the 4th this year. We chose to stay more toward the rose garden to see the fireworks.

We were there for this past 4th of July. We are a family of 4 with adult children over 21. On July 3rd we did Animal Kingdom in the morning (only Pandora was swamped ) and enjoyed the pool in the afternoon. We were lucky to have reservations for dinner at the California Grill on the 3rd. We stayed and watched the MK fireworks from the observation deck of the restaurant. The fireworks were amazing!
Only July 4th we went to EPCOT spending the morning doing rides and using our Fast Passes. I made several restaurant reservations throughout the day. We would escape the unbearable heat and enjoy a drink and our favorite appetizer/dessert from that particular restaurant in the wonderful air conditioning. We were luck to have Rose and Crown reservations for the timing of the enhanced Illuminations. I guess we were given a little pixie dust because they seated us outside by the railing providing a perfect view of the show.
We were at EPCOT from opening until closing. Honestly, we were only able to be their for that length of time by escaping into the AC.
The parks were definitely more crowded than what we are use to. For comparison our last few trips were in mid-May, mid-December and late August.

It's hot and crowded, but the awesome fireworks are worth it all. The DVC fireworks party at the Contempory is pretty good, but IMO more geared for kids than adults. The Epcot fireworks on the 4th are great! Maybe not as big as the MK fireworks, but you're up close, and that adds to the experience.

We were there for this past 4th of July. We are a family of 4 with adult children over 21. On July 3rd we did Animal Kingdom in the morning (only Pandora was swamped ) and enjoyed the pool in the afternoon. We were lucky to have reservations for dinner at the California Grill on the 3rd. We stayed and watched the MK fireworks from the observation deck of the restaurant. The fireworks were amazing!
Only July 4th we went to EPCOT spending the morning doing rides and using our Fast Passes. I made several restaurant reservations throughout the day. We would escape the unbearable heat and enjoy a drink and our favorite appetizer/dessert from that particular restaurant in the wonderful air conditioning. We were luck to have Rose and Crown reservations for the timing of the enhanced Illuminations. I guess we were given a little pixie dust because they seated us outside by the railing providing a perfect view of the show.
We were at EPCOT from opening until closing. Honestly, we were only able to be their for that length of time by escaping into the AC.
The parks were definitely more crowded than what we are use to. For comparison our last few trips were in mid-May, mid-December and late August.
We saw the Lucky ones sitting at R&C tables! Next time we are there for July 4, we will book that ADR.

We were there 2 years ago and found the crowds lower than expected throughout the week. We planned a resort day on the holiday and enjoyed lounging by the pool. We watched the MK fireworks from the Poly. They were magnificent!

What time was your reservation?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter