So, is MTFBWY a thing at DLP?

TigerlilyAJ

DIS Veteran
Title says it all. Has anyone been in the park for May the Fourth? Any special Star Wars fun? Or just another day?
(Follow-up question is, of course, about any DLP observation of Cinco de Mayo ;-) )

Title says it all. Has anyone been in the park for May the Fourth? Any special Star Wars fun? Or just another day?
(Follow-up question is, of course, about any DLP observation of Cinco de Mayo ;-) )
I must admit, I had no idea what your abbreviation was about, so title didn't say all for me. :p

Yes, there is some additional star wars stuff out on 4 May. Usually in Discoveryland and/or in the Studios, but it is not marketed as an event. Think some additional entertainment. A character meet & greet or maybe stormtroopers marching by.

Cinco de Mayo is not a thing here. It is a Mexican holiday. If it was observed in Spain then maybe. But that is not the case.

I must admit, I had no idea what your abbreviation was about, so title didn't say all for me. :p

Yes, there is some additional star wars stuff out on 4 May. Usually in Discoveryland and/or in the Studios, but it is not marketed as an event. Think some additional entertainment. A character meet & greet or maybe stormtroopers marching by.

Cinco de Mayo is not a thing here. It is a Mexican holiday. If it was observed in Spain then maybe. But that is not the case.
The Cinco de Mayo was a joke because it celebrates a Mexican victory over the French at the Battle of Puebla. ;-)
Thanks for the explanation. I found some YT videos of people there this past May 4, 2023. There were some cosplayers and fan meetups that suggest it could be bigger if DLP put some energy into it.

The Cinco de Mayo was a joke because it celebrates a Mexican victory over the French at the Battle of Puebla. ;-)
Thanks for the explanation. I found some YT videos of people there this past May 4, 2023. There were some cosplayers and fan meetups that suggest it could be bigger if DLP put some energy into it.
If they believed it would make money in Paris, they would. We were supposed to get Galaxy Edge as a 3rd land in the Studio expansion. As far as the rumours go, that idea got cancelled. They like Star Wars over here, but not that much.

May the 4th has no real significance here, as it only works in English.
In my country (the Netherlands) May 4th is Remembrance Day, when we commemorate those who have fallen in war. So, for us its a totally different day.

Now that the Coco restaurant has opened, I can imagine there might be something happening there in the future on Cinco de Mayo. Depending on how much this part of French history is taught in school. No idea, to be honest.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter