So much Disney food is terrible

I actually like a lot of the Disney food.
Me too! I didn't eat anything "terrible" or even mediocre on my last trip. I enjoyed the club lounge, quick service, and the pool bar at The Contemporary. Our dinners at Flying Fish, Citricos, Il Mulino, Monsieur Paul, and California Grill were all excellent.

Edit: I have to correct myself. We did try Chicken Guy at Disney Springs for a quick snack. That was pretty bad.

You have to trying something new until you find a place you like. Tortilla Jo’s in DL is the best!!

Examples? We’re ordering in McDonalds breakfast because we find it so terrible.

If you'd rather have McDonald's than Boma or the Creperie or Les Halles or even Artist Point or Cape May or a dozen other places then not much I can help with.

Some people just prefer McDonald's style I guess.

Are you staying on the Park? If so, where?

There's quite a few good options.

I'm an oatmeal or eggs and sausage and fruit or yogurt breakfast guy. Kind of hard to screw that up.

The Creperie is good. Pretty light and well done. Kind of hard to screw up crepes too.

Examples? We’re ordering in McDonalds breakfast because we find it so terrible.
I don't consider McDonalds vacation. I don't even eat it at home actually. There are plenty of really solid breakfast choices on property. Ale and Compass at Yacht Club, Trattoria al Forno at Boardwalk, Steakhouse 71 at The Contemporary are all really good for breakfast. In the parks, Cinderella's Royal Table does an excellent character breakfast. Tusker House does a character buffet with both traditional and unique choices.

If you'd rather have McDonald's than Boma or the Creperie or Les Halles or even Artist Point or Cape May or a dozen other places then not much I can help with.

I'm an oatmeal or eggs and sausage and fruit or yogurt breakfast guy. Kind of hard to screw that up.

The Creperie is good. Pretty light and well done. Kind of hard to screw up crepes too.
Staying at the Polynesian. Everything we have eaten on the resort is terrible.

I don't consider McDonalds vacation. I don't even eat it at home actually. There are plenty of really solid breakfast choices on property. Ale and Compass at Yacht Club, Trattoria al Forno at Boardwalk, Steakhouse 71 at The Contemporary are all really good for breakfast. In the parks, Cinderella's Royal Table does an excellent character breakfast. Tusker House does a character buffet with both traditional and unique choices.

Trattoria is very good so is Tusker House.

If we can't do Boma at AK we'll even grab rainforest Cafe. While not really Disney they will offer good breakfast quality.

Yeah we ate at Tucker House - it was okay, but that’s not great food and once you consider the cost … meh.

And please - you can get a yogurt for $3,50 downstairs. I guess yes, that’s good. My kid eats it. But Disney didn’t make it.

Never stayed at Poly. We usually eat near the park we're going to. Whispering Canyon Cafe is a good breakfast.

If we're at boardwalk we'll do trattoria, beach club we do cape may. Epcot we'll do the Creperie or Les Halles. Ak we'll do Boma or rainforest.
I guess it’s a subjective thing. We used to stay at WL and husband requested a change because he thought the food was crap there. Now after staying at Poly the view is that the food is crap everywhere.

Yeah we ate at Tucker House - it was okay, but that’s not great food and once you consider the cost … meh.
I kind of threw Tusker House in there for variety, to cover the in park, character, buffet category. I didn't say it was "great" but it's definitely not "terrible". I don't look at prices on vacation so I guess if you're analyzing everything and comparing it to the price of McDonald's or the price of cooking and cleaning up at home, I really can't add anything here so I'll leave you to your cost analysis. I hope you figure it all out so you can enjoy the rest of your vacation.

I kind of threw Tusker House in there for variety, to cover the in park, character, buffet category. I didn't say it was "great" but it's definitely not "terrible". I don't look at prices on vacation so I guess if you're analyzing everything and comparing it to the price of McDonald's or the price of cooking and cleaning up at home, I really can't add anything here so I'll leave you to your cost analysis. I hope you figure it all out so you can enjoy the rest of your vacation.
I’m not comparing it to the cost of McDonald’s - that’s $10 bucks a head. Tucker house is $40 for a child and $60 for an adult. I’m happy to spend that kind of money on a meal (as I did). But only if the value is there and in my opinion, the value is not there.

I guess it’s a subjective thing. We used to stay at WL and husband requested a change because he thought the food was crap there. Now after staying at Poly the view is that the food is crap everywhere.

If you're looking for value.

I'd suggest

The Creperie
Les Halles
Primo Piatta
Artist Pointe
Capt Cooke
Yak and Yeti
Sleepy Hollow

A lot of people enjoy Gaston's or the main street bakery. Personally I lean towards a protein based mostly for breakfast if I can. My wife is the opposite lol.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter