So much to so so little time.....

sablebomb

Mouseketeer
Yes, I'm sure you can tell I'm a first timer.....
10 day trip planned, staying off site.
Planning for 5 WDW days plus Halloween Party.
That being said we also want to do a few other things. Legoland being one.

Here are the other options we are considering and because we can't do all we need help figuring out what are the best choices.

1. Legoland
2. Sea orld
3. Universal (my daughter really loves Harry Potter)
4. One of the water parks (blizzard beach or typhoon lagoon)
5. Shopping day (I think this is one I need to push for )

Opinions?

You know your family best but I would probably try to fit a water park in there. I assume you are going in sept or oct if you are going to the Halloween party. It can be so hot and humid then, perfect for the water parks. You actually have a lot going on there with 5 park days, Legoland and the party. I would also be tempted to do the shopping day just to switch things up a bit and let everyone re energize. Happy planning!

If you do Universal I would suggest two days there with a park hopper especially if you have a Harry Potter lover in your group.

You know your family best but I would probably try to fit a water park in there. I assume you are going in sept or oct if you are going to the Halloween party. It can be so hot and humid then, perfect for the water parks. You actually have a lot going on there with 5 park days, Legoland and the party. I would also be tempted to do the shopping day just to switch things up a bit and let everyone re energize. Happy planning!
Yes. October.

Wondering if it would be do-able to do Lego land and Halloween party in one day?

Yes. October.

Wondering if it would be do-able to do Lego land and Halloween party in one day?

I would say yes, it is but it depends on how old your children are.

Mine were about 6 & 8 when we did Legoland California and we spent the entire day till close but they were exhausted. I dont know about the Florida one but I assume it is probably similar in size and rides.

I know you can go to the Halloween party as early as 4/4:30 (or at least, that is how it has been in the past years) We hit the parking lot about 3:30 so that by the time we have walked to the monorail, lined up and taken the ride we end up at the actual turnstile it is 4 and we can make the most out of a fairly expensive ticket. If you think you need a full day in Legoland, you may want to try to do MNSSHP anther day.

What we do for the Halloween and Christmas parties is sleep in, have a light breakfast, swim and relax till about 2. Then we go to eat off WDW property and have a really big, filling lunch. We head over to the Magic Kingdom as I said above so that we end up parking around 3:30. That way we can get right to the rides. Other people do it differently. They will make a dining reservation for 4:30 or 5, eat while the regular crowds are still allowed in the park and then hit hte rides and trick or treating when the park starts to empty out but I like to make the most of my time in the park.

I agree, go to a waterpark especially that time of year. We LOVE the Halloween party, it is so much fun. I'd relax that morning, rent a boat and head to the party as soon as you can get in. Plan for a late night and maybe shop the next day. Have a great trip.

Hi looking at your itinerary I agree with one of the water parks! We love Blizzard Beach and like Typhoon Lagoon. I think between the time you have and the cost the Disney water park is a better option over Universal. However, we love Universal and go there now every year. The HP worlds are amazing so hopefully you can get there soon. Enjoy!

I think it would depend partially on the age of your kid(s) and interests for the other options.

We went to Legoland when my ds was 10 and he was (still is at 12) a HUGE Lego fan. That said, Legoland was a huge disappointment for us. Seeing all the Lego structures was the best part for us as well as the fact that they had some Nexo Knights Lego that hadn't been released anywhere yet. DS didn't enjoy the rides at all - they were way to tame and definitely geared towards younger riders. But for perspective, DS had been to Universal the previous week with my BIL/SIL and learned that he LOVES thrill rides. Friends who have been with younger kids or those who don't like thrill rides, have really, really enjoyed Legoland. So that's what I mean about age and interest.

I don't think you can go wrong with either Disney waterpark if you like waterparks - both are fabulous.

Universal is obviously a great choice if your daughter is a Harry Potter fan - we're in the middle of trying to plan a spring trip to Orlando (just a week) and will likely only do Universal this trip as I am having a hard time justifying the cost of tickets to both Disney and Universal with ticket prices and the exchange rate and the fact that we will only have 6 full days there.

Shopping day sounds great too - that's my one request this trip and I told my husband and son they had to let me have at least a part day since we would be there for my birthday this time based on the dates we picked....

One other place we really, really enjoyed was Gatorland. It was reasonably inexpensive to go to (in the whole scheme of park prices) and you could do it and a shopping day in one I think.

Yes, I'm sure you can tell I'm a first timer.....
10 day trip planned, staying off site.
Planning for 5 WDW days plus Halloween Party.
That being said we also want to do a few other things. Legoland being one.

Here are the other options we are considering and because we can't do all we need help figuring out what are the best choices.

1. Legoland
2. Sea orld
3. Universal (my daughter really loves Harry Potter)
4. One of the water parks (blizzard beach or typhoon lagoon)
5. Shopping day (I think this is one I need to push for )

Opinions?

You could spend 10 days just at Disneyworld and not do it all. I would do 7 days at Disney and get the water parks option. The rest I would do Universal for your daughter. This would give you enough time to enjoy both.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter