So what's new wit chu?

I have an audition for a local production of Sweeney Todd next week, and all of a sudden, the nerves set in today about it. That's what's new with me.

I love Sweeney Todd! I didn't even know such a play existed until my friend played the barber's daughter in a college production.

Break a leg!

I love anything Stephen Sondheim :thumbsup2
Into the woods is my fave musical ever!

Into the woods is my fave musical ever!

Did I ever tell you I saw the original production on Broadway a week after it won the Tony awards for best book and best score?

Joanna Gleason was AMAZING!

Good luck! That would be great. If you need help with your lines let me know. I can recite the entire musical (the original version) verbatim. :thumbsup2

Me too!! I'm hoping to play Sweeney, but I think I'm a tad too young. So maybe the Beadle or Tobias. As long as I'm cast, I really don't care. Heck, the chorus has cooler musical parts than the leads!! (The "City on Fire" sequence where the people in Bedlam escape is my favorite, plus "The Ballad of Sweeney Todd").

Did I ever tell you I saw the original production on Broadway a week after it won the Tony awards for best book and best score?

Joanna Gleason was AMAZING!

Lucky!! I love Joanna Gleason! She was one of the best parts of Bette Midler's short lived sitcom.

I've never even heard of that, but it looks like the sort of thing I would love.

OMG, I swear, we can't manage to plan to do anything anymore.

First a little backstory......

Let me start by saying that we have been in our home almost 4 years now. When we bought the house, there was an existing alarm system in the house, but the company that installed it was bought out by ADT. We had ADT come out and set us up with service before we moved in.

I was making lunch when the house alarm started beeping, it wasn't armed, but a sensor tripped. It was the same one that seems to be acting up every 4 - 6 weeks. Well, we got the bright idea to help troubleshoot the problem by switching out the sensor with another window sensor. Um, the other window sensor didn't work at all. :confused: How could we be arming the alarm if the sensor wasn't working? So, Corey called ADT, to ask what was up. They have no record of any alarm sensors being on about 8 of our windows. :eek:

For some reason, when they set us up with service, it appears that the tech never made those sensors functional. So, we have been under the impression that we have more coverage on our home alarm system than we do. Corey and I both are majorly ticked off. So, tomorrow, I get to spend the day at home waiting on a service guy to come out and fix the problem.

This isn't our first issue with the company. We had a situation occur where we figured out that a tripped alarm wasn't causing ADT to call us. When we called them, they figured out that almost a year prior, when we had upgraded our system to include a cellular back-up, that the tech hadn't set our system up so that ADT was actually monitoring us. :mad: For that error, we got 6 months of monitoring for free.

While I am happy to have an alarm system, I am not thrilled at the work of their techs. I hope that things go smoothly tomorrow. We have had to move a lot of stuff around, so that the tech can get to the sensors.

So much for going to see Kirsten Price tonight. :sad2:

OMG, I swear, we can't manage to plan to do anything anymore.

First a little backstory......

Let me start by saying that we have been in our home almost 4 years now. When we bought the house, there was an existing alarm system in the house, but the company that installed it was bought out by ADT. We had ADT come out and set us up with service before we moved in.

I was making lunch when the house alarm started beeping, it wasn't armed, but a sensor tripped. It was the same one that seems to be acting up every 4 - 6 weeks. Well, we got the bright idea to help troubleshoot the problem by switching out the sensor with another window sensor. Um, the other window sensor didn't work at all. :confused: How could we be arming the alarm if the sensor wasn't working? So, Corey called ADT, to ask what was up. They have no record of any alarm sensors being on about 8 of our windows. :eek:

For some reason, when they set us up with service, it appears that the tech never made those sensors functional. So, we have been under the impression that we have more coverage on our home alarm system than we do. Corey and I both are majorly ticked off. So, tomorrow, I get to spend the day at home waiting on a service guy to come out and fix the problem.

This isn't our first issue with the company. We had a situation occur where we figured out that a tripped alarm wasn't causing ADT to call us. When we called them, they figured out that almost a year prior, when we had upgraded our system to include a cellular back-up, that the tech hadn't set our system up so that ADT was actually monitoring us. :mad: For that error, we got 6 months of monitoring for free.

While I am happy to have an alarm system, I am not thrilled at the work of their techs. I hope that things go smoothly tomorrow. We have had to move a lot of stuff around, so that the tech can get to the sensors.

So much for going to see Kirsten Price tonight. :sad2:

We seem to be having a similar issue. We moved into this house 6 years ago which has an ADT system. We were having major issues with our system the first few years. For example, if we had a minor power outage the alarm would go off within about 30 seconds of the power coming back on. (Before the electric company put a new box in front of our house the power used to go out at least twice a week.) Also, no matter if we turned the setting off or not, you'd still hear 3 loud beeps every time someone opened a door or window.

A few years ago, the landlord called ADT and canceled the service because of the numerous problems we were having.......but these issues still occur. The beeps go off when we open the doors or windows, and the full alarm goes off if we lose power. We've called ADT and they told us since we weren't using their service any more this shouldn't be happening, and since we're not paying for the service any more they seem to be less than willing to send anyone out. Technically it's like we're getting unmonitored alarm service, but we're not paying for it. :headache: If we owned this house we would probably be calling every day until they fixed it....but since we're renting we're being pretty lax with it.....especially since I'm not sure how much longer I'll be living here. :confused3

Wow, that stinks! I know you were looking forward to seeing Kirsten. :(

I hope they are able to fix the system. ADT is here too, but we have avoided working with them so far. They don't have a very good reputation, and what both of you have shared here, convinces me that we are doing well to stick with another security company (Devcon).

:-l
My.......gawd. It's like a total train wreck.
There will be no sleep for me tonight.

Oh Poor MM!
Maybe your mommy won't slap her bootay -
with such gusto as this lady.

Try not to let the images burn
into your brain lovie :sad2:

Oh Poor MM!
Maybe your mommy won't slap her bootay -
with such gusto as this lady.

Try not to let the images burn
into your brain lovie :sad2:

After having watched that video, there's not much left to burn. :scared:

After having watched that video, there's not much left to burn.

shimmy shimmy shake shake
small106934jpg.gif

Wow, that stinks! I know you were looking forward to seeing Kirsten. :(

I hope they are able to fix the system. ADT is here too, but we have avoided working with them so far. They don't have a very good reputation, and what both of you have shared here, convinces me that we are doing well to stick with another security company (Devcon).

I got to see Kirsten on Fox5 this morning, so that took a little sting out of it.

As for ADT, the service guy came. It seems that the same moron that upgraded our system, but forgot to turn the monitoring back on also neglected to tell us that we would need an upgrade in order to have the 3 new sensors put out in the garage, the fire alarm, and the key fobs. :sad2: So, instead of telling us this, he just took the monitored spots off of the windows and put the other stuff in their place. :mad:

After calling 3 bosses' numbers, I was getting nowhere because they were all on vacation. :rolleyes1 I called one more time and suddenly, they could track one of them down for me. He listened to my story and then talked to the tech. We are getting the upgraded system installed right now, or at least the tech is trying to do so.

Pray for me. I can feel that my blood pressure is through the roof after the last hour and a half of dealing with these idiots. :headache:

Do you have to deal with them? Can you switch to another security company? This is beyond ridiculous! :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter