So Who's registered for the Pirate Event

Figment2

DIS Veteran
Mary, Marge Warner (many of you remember Leighton, this is his Mom) and I are all registered for the middle event.

Looking forward to it! So who will we be seeing?

Cyn

Even though I had made up my mind I wasn't going to go........someone made me an offer I couldn't refuse. :rolleyes1

Looks like I will be there too!! :thumbsup2

I will be doing the Ye Swabs and DH will be joining me with the A Pirates Life package.

We're making this a celebration of our 20th wedding anniversary. I can't wait!:)

The wife and I will be there; my third trip, her first (woo-hoo!)
We're going to the one on 2/12, right between her birthday (10th) and Valentine's Day. :cool1:

Linda & I are signed up for the "A Pirates Life" package!
Looks like there will be a lot of friendly pirate faces about.
Never stayed at the Contemporary Resort before, so we're looking forward to it!

I am considering it, but am trying to justify the cost to myself. I am DVC and already have 2 trips booked for 2007. And I'd have to go solo as no one wants to go with me:confused3 . And I already have a solo trip planned for March. Not sure I'd want to do this event solo.:headache:

Athenna - if you do decide to go solo, believe me, there will be plenty of people to hang out with.

Cyn

Thanks for the reassurance, Figment:thumbsup2
I am still considering it, but financially, I know I shouldn't:confused3
Drats
pirate:

Suzanne and I will be going. We love Disney events and are looking forward to it. We went to the DL Pirates event in 2000, it was our first event ever and our first to trip to DL. We had a great time, even though most said it was terrible event. Looking forward to seeing all.

Scott

Well, after torturing myself in trying to decide whether to go or not, I think I'm just going to go for it....The Pirate Life for Me package...Plus I can book my DVC w/points, rather than stay @ CR, that makes the price seem more reasonable....So why do I feel guilty for wanted to take a 3rd trip to WDW this year??? It's my money, savvy??:)

Anyone ever go solo to this type of event before?
Any other DVC members not staying @ CR?
Any advice?

I went to a couple of pin events solo. Always had a great time! I'm attending with a fellow DVC member but we decided to stay at the Contemporary rather than use the points. I am sure there will other DVC members using their points.

Sent you a PM

Cyn

I went to a couple of pin events solo. Always had a great time! I'm attending with a fellow DVC member but we decided to stay at the Contemporary rather than use the points. I am sure there will other DVC members using their points.

Sent you a PM

Cyn

Thanks, I got your PM!
:wave2:

There were several years I went to the Disneyana Conventions solo. I made lots of friends and since there was always so much to do, I always had someone to do it all with!!

I'll be staying at OKW for the Pirate Event. That's what convinced me to go was the discount. Well...........that and Vince & Suzi!!! :rolleyes1 :wave2:

It's going to be a blast!!

There were several years I went to the Disneyana Conventions solo. I made lots of friends and since there was always so much to do, I always had someone to do it all with!!

I'll be staying at OKW for the Pirate Event. That's what convinced me to go was the discount. Well...........that and Vince & Suzi!!! :rolleyes1 :wave2:

It's going to be a blast!!

Cool, I own at SSR, but want to see if i can get into OKW, also..I am trying to eb as point stingy as possible..LOL:rotfl:

Cool, I own at SSR, but want to see if i can get into OKW, also..I am trying to eb as point stingy as possible..LOL:rotfl:

You should call DVC Member Services ASAP. It's Memorial Day weekend that weekend after the event and things can get ugly (regarding trying to get a reservation at DVC) near a holiday.

I own at OKW and was able to book the day I signed up for the event.

See you there!!

Thanks for the advice, Kathie.
Yes, I am at work, but will be calling them very shortly. Was planning on calling today anyway to add ME to my March ressies.

Looks like the big package is all sold out. I'm sure glad Cyn (Figment2) has us booked for the middle package. I can hardly wait. It's a long time from October to May. I really do believe I am in withdrawl. I really do need a fix. I'm counting down the days.:hourglass
Vince and Suzi - are you staying at Contemporary?

Mary, we are staying at Old Key West for the Pirate Event. It was too good a deal to pass up when we saw how much we could save by using our DVC points.

Suzi

Mary, we are staying at Old Key West for the Pirate Event. It was too good a deal to pass up when we saw how much we could save by using our DVC points.

Suzi

Yup, that's what made the final decision for me!!!!!!
Had my hand on the phone to make ressies this morning then remembered they were closed for holiday.
Will try tomorrow!
pirate:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter