So with "Frozen" show coming to the Fantasy...

Does anyone think this means that the Wonder is being slated to go to Europe or Asia full time or be decommissioned

Does anyone think this means that the Wonder is being slated to go to Europe or Asia full time or be decommissioned

Not at all. They are probably just acting based on feedback. Frozen is super popular and I'm sure people have complained about it not being available on more than one ship. Plus a lot of people may have complained that Wishes and Believe are too similar, which they kinda are, so throw in some more variety. Probably doesn't hurt that Frozen 2 comes out at Thanksgiving.

I am VERY excited.

I love the idea of multiple movie based shows. I hope they role this out on multiple ships. I haven't been yet, so I can't say about the other shows. But I was ignoring Fantasy sailings because I don't love Aladdin. (I've never really been a fan since it came out.) But I'd love to not have to ignore a good option, because of something like that.

To be honest, I've chosen my sailing because I love the idea of Rapunzel's Royal Table. I want the Wonder after that for Tiana`s place. Maybe it`s a weird reason, but I`m planning so I get to choose. ;)

Agreed! I really wanted to see the other shows that seemed to be "ship" exclusive, but with this, it makes things much more convenient. I don't see me taking an Alaskan cruise anytime soon and the European and Western Mexico ones are just not in our traveling ability to go. Hopefully this continues especially with the new ships coming, maybe they'll have new shows for those such as "Moana" or a throwback to "Hercules" or a Mulan show.

I don't mind this - we have seen Frozen on the Wonder and liked it, so I'm sure we'd see it again on the Fantasy. (I do like the DCA Frozen better, but it seemed in 2019 like it had changed to be more like the Wonder version.) However, I think my daughter would have really liked Wishes, so I'm sad it's leaving before she had a chance to see it.

Our next cruise on the Fantasy is Jan. 2020. We saw Frozen twice on our last Wonder cruise and LOVED it. I personally would love to see all of the Fantasy shows replaced. I was actually disappointed that they just made some adjustments to Aladdin, I was hoping it would be replaced with something new, but that probably won't be happening for some time now.

Edited original, I mistakenly thought the press release implied it was just for the rest of 2019 and it didn't.

Our cruise last week had both the PremEAR or the new Aladdin movie and the first time for the new revised Aladdin stage show. I enjoyed the new stage show. They used some of the new movie dialogue in the show and updated some sets and costumes. It was good. I think Wishes is the weakest of the shows on the Fantasy. I did like the scenes with Pinocchio and Stitch from Wishes. I honestly thought Believe would not last this long. When we first saw it the inaugural year I said this won't last long!! Wrong!!

MJ

I'm on the Fantasy's Oct 19-27 cruise, so it looks like this will premiere on the final night!

I've already seen the version of the Wonder, and in fact will also be sailing on the Wonder on November 8, so I think I'll watch the premiere on the Fantasy and then forego it for something else a few weeks later...

I don't understand the question. The "only movie musical" onboard?

That's what I think they're asking. I kind of get it too, since each ship already has a single "movie musical" show, with no ship having more than one and all being unique to that ship... until now.

Will the three night cruises have both shows? Would love it if our 3 night 8/20 double-dip had both!

I'm super excited about this. It makes me more committed to the first cruise we've booked that I've been wavering on. Being able to see some great Disney stage shows is a big draw and I didn't think the Fantasy had good options, but we chose it for the itinerary.

Will the three night cruises have both shows? Would love it if our 3 night 8/20 double-dip had both!
if 2019 no because it doesn't start until october
if 2020 others will have to answer.

oops saw your post saying 2020. Lucky you!

I guess i can just say WOOHOO even more excited for our star wars day at sea in February... the new Aladdin, Frozen and Star Wars! the one small disappointment on the Fantasy was lack of better shows... so glad to hear they are adding Frozen!

I wish this had happened before we had sailed on the Fantasy, I love Frozen. I liked Wishes and hated Believe so I'm a little sad they are getting rid of the former. I do like this addition though, I don't know when I would go on the Wonder. A California cruise is too much of a hassle when cruises leave from my backyard in Florida and Alaskan cruises will probably be on a non-Disney ship that leaves from Seattle, which is easier for us to get to.

I saw Frozen on the Wonder. Why can't each ship have its own special musical?
I agree with this. I like the idea of each ship having its own special show. I like the idea of a special restaurant on each ship too (or Tiana's and Rapunzel's.)

Wishful thinking on my part, but maybe instead of having shows playing on multiple ships, they will rotate them instead. There are lots of logistical issues but that's what pipedreams are for, right?

We're back on the Fantasy at the end of June. Last time was in 2016 and it was the same tired shows as what is being offered now. I can only stand a grown woman acting like a child for so long before the overacting gets on my nerves. Dreams was fun when the kids were young. My kids are older now and this will be our last time for a vacation with just my wife and 4 kids (25, 22, 19 and 17). My oldest is getting married next year and I'm looking forward to transitioning over to just traveling with my wife for a while (until grandchildren are in the picture :) ). I'm OK with no show updates this time because it gives me the opportunity to enjoy other offerings around the ship that we've not experienced since we've always felt a need to go to the show.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter