SOC for Lithium Batteries

Evita_W

DIS Veteran
DH has replaced the batteries in his Pride Victory 10.2 with Dakota 54 Ah Lithium Ion Batteries, but noticed the battery meter lights never seem to decrease. His thought is they are measuring voltage and aren't really reflective of the SOC of the batteries.

He has seen things like the Victron smart shunt, but is unsure how or if that could be wired into the system. Wondering if anyone might have some ideas on how to come up with something, even a different metering device is fine, just so long as he can see the SOC from either a physical meter or an app on his phone.

I have Prides iGo scooter. It uses a Lithium battery. The battery indicator appears to be the same as the one on the Victory. It appears to be accurate.

It's possible your range so long the indicator shouldn't be going down after a days drive. It's possible there is some hidden adjustment or switch that needs to be set if you're using a Lithium battery

Yeah, he actually went with a Victron smart shunt, but someone just sent me a message with instructions for him to try to calibrate the built-in gauge, we will see if that works.

Thanks to the smart shunt, he knows he used about 27% of the charge for a 10 hour park day at California's Great America, so the theory about a day's drive is certainly plausible as well.

Wow - that's great battery life! I hope there is a way he can successfully calibrate the built-in gauge; I know it would really bother me to not know accurately what my remaining battery life was.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter