Soda questions

Dr. Pepper is one of those funny drinks, it doesn't have much loyalty to anyone. They are a Pepsi product in some states and a Coke product in others, just depends on the distribution deal set up for that particular state. In the case of Florida, they are a Pepsi "product" and not available on DCL. Your hubby will have to carry on a supply for the cruise.

On number 3, it is absolutely fine to fill your own cup directly from the fountain It's silly and wasteful to use a "fresh" cup to fill up your own cup.

MUN
No. It's not wasteful. That other cup could splash on the dispensers from someone sick. It would then end up in your beverage causing that person to be ill. When they fill the cup with ice, do you press the cup against the actuator? Hands and mouths go next to that.

It's not wasting a cup, the cup is being used for a purpose.

JW

Dr. Pepper is not on property.

It is actually its own entity it is just bottled and distributed by different companies. Dr. Pepper is actually apart of the Dr. Pepper Snapple Group if we are getting technical. It was hard for them to break out of Texas though so they sold the syrup to Pepsi and Coke in established soda regions instead of opening their own manufacturing facilities.

I understand the need for a certain soda. Dr. Pepper is a way of life for me. I love it so much I've even made sure I can have 1 small can a day while I'm on a diet (yes it is that bad haha). It is not available at Disney or on the DCL but I have found it in port most places so buy a few cans and I do usually carry on a 6 pack of bottles and make a bottle a day last. Sometimes I'll bring 2. I make do though if their isn't Dr. Pepper by just drinking Sprite.

Is it allowable to use your own larher disposable clean cups, say 16 oz ones, that you use only once and then then throw out using a fresh one next time?

OK.....EWWW! As a self proclaimed "germaphobe".... some of you people really scare me......LOL! :scared: Guess I'll be skipping the Free Soda next cruise........:( I knew it probably happened, but it's one of those things I just didn't want confirmed.....and ....Now it is....LOL! Kinda like "pee in the pool"..... UGH!

I might be looking at this picture wrong but they look like the ones I have at work and my cup doesn't touch the machine at all. I put my cup under it and press a button. No contact. Are these different?

I might be looking at this picture wrong but they look like the ones I have at work and my cup doesn't touch the machine at all. I put my cup under it and press a button. No contact. Are these different?

No different but for some reason people put the glass all the way up to the spout and then press the button. It isn't even the type where you push back with the cup it is the push button type.

If you want real ewwwww it is the kids who you see putting their hands and yes even mouths all over the free ice cream dispensers. I was so glad to see a CM policing it after I saw a kid do that.

Is the ginger ale at the bars free or do they give you a can and charge?

If you get it from a bar, there is a charge. Only the soda fountains which are self serve are "free". So, regardless of what kind or flavor of drink you get (even water), if its at a bar, you will be charged.

The grey area seems to be the MDRs. Some people report ordering soda "off label" in the MDR and incurring a charge, others say they did not. I don't know what people's recent experiences are. We stayed to the Coke products in the MDR because we didn't want to be charged and didn't want to ask. Silly, I know.

OK.....EWWW! As a self proclaimed "germaphobe".... some of you people really scare me......LOL! :scared: Guess I'll be skipping the Free Soda next cruise........:( I knew it probably happened, but it's one of those things I just didn't want confirmed.....and ....Now it is....LOL! Kinda like "pee in the pool"..... UGH!

I am right there with you! These are probably the same people that use the same plate to refill at at the buffet!! And we wonder how Norovirus spreads quickly on cruise ships? :scared1:

If you want real ewwwww it is the kids who you see putting their hands and yes even mouths all over the free ice cream dispensers. I was so glad to see a CM policing it after I saw a kid do that.

I may have just actually dry-heaved...YUCK!!!

But I am absolutely not surprised that people have this attitude that if they don't like something, then why follow it. We see all the time in the theatre on the ship where there are entire rows of seats saved despite signs clearly stating, "no saving of seats". Not following this "sign" at the soda fountain is worse since it can actually be potentially harmful and make people sick when people ignore it.

We love the fountains on the deck...I remember when we had to buy a mug from DCL when we boarded in order to get soft drinks, now they are included in the price of the cruise.

As for not using a fresh cup, like a lot of other rules that Disney seems to have to have to remind us of common courtesy:

1. Use a fresh cup provided by DCL at the drink fountains every time. If you have your own cup/mug, then pour it in there
2. If your mug is clean, see rule 1
3. If it seems silly to do that, see rule 1
4. If a CM tells you not to worry, see rule 1
5. If you are very careful and don't touch your used cup/mug to the fountain, see rule 1
6. If no one is looking, see rule 1
7. If it is just as sanitary to use your own clean cup, see rule 1

So...let me just clarify what the general opinion is because I'm not sure I caught it...but essentially I should use a clean DCL cup to refill our cups? Yes? Maybe? I think that's the general idea here but... :thumbsup2

And barf to the ice cream dispenser. Gross. I can't say I'm surprised though. I think we may be sticking to the Mickey bars.

The grey area seems to be the MDRs. Some people report ordering soda "off label" in the MDR and incurring a charge, others say they did not. I don't know what people's recent experiences are. We stayed to the Coke products in the MDR because we didn't want to be charged and didn't want to ask. Silly, I know.

What do you mean by "off label"? I believe they only carry certain soda products. If you think you'll be charged just ask first. My girls had Shirley Temples every night with no charges.

What do you mean by "off label"? I believe they only carry certain soda products. If you think you'll be charged just ask first. My girls had Shirley Temples every night with no charges.

That's what I mean. Soda other than the Coke products on the pool deck served at the MDRs. Like Shirley Temples, Ginger Ale, Root Beer, etc.

I am aware that I am permitted to ask first. I would rather ask here.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter