Soft openings for Tiana's Bayou Adventure

Nothing has been announced officially by Disney yet and I doubt anyone would have anything to share until Disney announces it.

Speculation is that Tiana's Bayou Adventure could open on Memorial Day Weekend 2024 in WDW similar to how Cosmic Rewind opened that weekend.

If that is the case, then Previews could begin as early as late April / early May. However, it is all just speculation at this point until Disney officially announces something. Right now all Disney has said is that the ride will open in Summer 2024 at WDW which could mean as late as September.

Odds are you may get an answer by the Annual Meeting of Shareholders on April 3 about when it officially will open. Josh D’Amaro was recently spotted filming in the area and it seems likely that will be part of the sizzle reel they do at the beginning of the presentation.

They could share something before then, but that seems to be (at least to me) when something might emerge.

A post on the Theme Park forum indicates they haven’t posted opportunities for CMs to transfer to that ride, so it sounds like they’re not close enough to opening to be assembling and then training staff, which would have to happen before previews, right?

Odds are you may get an answer by the Annual Meeting of Shareholders on April 3 about when it officially will open. Josh D’Amaro was recently spotted filming in the area and it seems likely that will be part of the sizzle reel they do at the beginning of the presentation.

They could share something before then, but that seems to be (at least to me) when something might emerge.
Other option for why Josh was filming in the area:

https://d23.com/d23-event/d23-down-in-new-orleans-celebrating-15-years-of-the-princess-and-the-frog/

Almost 15 years ago, audiences were first introduced to the Walt Disney Animation Studios’ classic The Princess and the Frog-all set in the magical city of New Orleans. To celebrate this marvelous modern classic, D23: The Official Disney Fan Club invites you to dig a little deeper and join us as we step into the story of The Princess and the Frog with D23 Down in New Orleans!

We’re leaping into the swampland magic of the Big Easy, with a jazzy party you’ll never forget, and a big-screen presentation of the film that started it all, all set against the backdrop of the storied city and cultures which inspired it. This Crescent City confab is a can’t-miss moment for any fan looking to take a delectable taste of what Tiana’s wondrous hometown has cooking!

Just Announced – New Details!

• Tiana’s Bayou Adventure at Disney Parks: Adding to the flavors of this festive celebration, how’s this for a dash of spice? Guests of this event will get a peek at what’s cooking with Tiana’s Bayou Adventure-coming to Walt Disney World and Disneyland Resort later this year. At a specially curated presentation, you’ll discover new ingredients at play from Walt Disney Imagineering, detailing the impeccable research, collaboration, and creative development that is bringing elements of the real-life magic from New Orleans to this exciting attraction. It’s going to be a can’t-miss deep dive into what fans can anticipate from this new adventure with Tiana, Naveen, and a whole bayou of friends, both new and familiar!
  • “Disney Down in New Orleans” with the Walt Disney Archives: Join Rebecca Cline, director of the Walt Disney Archives, as she ventures through The Walt Disney Company’s storied history with the dazzling city of New Orleans. The crescent city first made its magical mark on Walt Disney himself, and later on countless Disney Parks, attractions, songs, and films. This special presentation celebrates decades of these shared stories, which brought us everything from Haunted Mansions to swashbuckling pirates and jazzy gators.
  • A Special Appearance from Keith David (Voice of Dr. Facilier): You’re in our world now, not your world-and we’ve got some friends on the other side… like the talented voice behind the fabulous Dr. Facilier: Keith David! D23 is thrilled to make your wildest dreams come true, with the chance to hear from David as he reflects on bringing the villainous shadow man to life! We hope you’ll be satisfied, but if you ain’t, don’t blame us… you can blame our friends on the other side!

A post on the Theme Park forum indicates they haven’t posted opportunities for CMs to transfer to that ride, so it sounds like they’re not close enough to opening to be assembling and then training staff, which would have to happen before previews, right?
Yes.

Other option for why Josh was filming in the area:
They just released another “out and about” video to cast members with Josh mentioning upcoming projects and thanking cast members but no new details. Of course he might have filmed something else at the same time which hasn’t been released yet.

Anyone have any information on when Disney will be having soft openings for Tiana's Bayou Adventure this summer ?
We're going in early- to mid-June. Part of me REALLY wants this ride to be up and running because I'm really excited for it. Another part of me is worried that it could open just about when we arrive, making it very difficult to ride and also making MK pretty crowded. So, I'm rooting for either a May opening date, or a late June opening date. Open it before we get there or after, ha!

Just remember whatever "extra" crowds are brought by TBA, the re-opening of TBA will alleviate wait times at other attractions because Splash soaked up a lot of people. Pun intended.
A virtual queue kinda negates that and I’m expecting there to be one

We're going in early- to mid-June. Part of me REALLY wants this ride to be up and running because I'm really excited for it. Another part of me is worried that it could open just about when we arrive, making it very difficult to ride and also making MK pretty crowded. So, I'm rooting for either a May opening date, or a late June opening date. Open it before we get there or after, ha!
Magic Kingdom will be extremely crowded regardless.

The animatronics for TBA look absolutely amazing. Hope the rest of the ride meets the same high standard. It needs to be a gem. Splash Mountain's shoes will be hard to fill. Do it justice Disney.

Magic Kingdom will be extremely crowded regardless.
The last few years we have gone in late May/early June and it has not been crowded at all. Seems all of the people complaining about summer heat and crowds over the last few years have made it so that its not busy. This also explains the promotions going on at this time.

To your point, if Tiana's opens memorial day weekend, it will be busy, for sure.

Newbie on the new ride just wondering.
Did they say with modification there will be more people riding per hour.
That is one modification ride any ride there could use?

Newbie on the new ride just wondering.
Did they say with modification there will be more people riding per hour.
That is one modification ride any ride there could use?

As far as we know, there are no changes to the ride system, boats, nor seating, so I don't think they there would be any changes to bandwidth at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter