• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Softbank Mobile Free Wifi Passport

tinibee

Mouseketeer
I saw an article about Softbank Mobile offering free wifi in Japan starting July 1, 2015 - March 2016. You call their free number and register and they give you the password that you can use for up to 5 devices. I've never used Softbank Wifi but it might be an option to try if you don't want to pay for a pocket wifi device.

http://www.softbank.jp/en/corp/group/sbm/news/press/2015/20150528_01/

On a side note - everyone in Japan last night, did you make it through the earthquake okay? It was a bit scary! :scared:

Interesting! I'll have to look into it more, as this is a very timely feature for my upcoming early July trip!! Thanks for posting!

Thanks for sharing, this sounds brilliant, as I was considering getting a pocket wifi device. Do you need to be in Japan before you call the number? I had a read of the article but it wasn't totally clear on that point.
I'll look forward to reading a review of this once someone gives it a try.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter