Some Flamingo Crossing hotels now charge for parking

As far as Homewood Suites goes - I saw some cars with permits on the dash but many did not have them. If you use Hilton's digital key you will notice when approaching any of the hotel entrance doors connected to the parking deck that they are labeled "Parking Entry" whereas the other doors coming in from the pool area are labeled as "Hotel Entrance". My guess is that if you use your digital key on any doors labeled "Parking Entry" you will be charged. This can be easily avoided by walking to the front entrance of the hotel.

Last edited:
I am currently booked for one night there next week at end of week at MVC.
Stayed last night and was a quick overnight so can't report too much ... but VERY IMPRESSED with the area for folks only doing Disney.

We left Magic Kingdom parking lot and arrived to Flamingo Crossing in 9 minutes. We ordered ahead from Firehouse Sub and took to room to eat. Home2Suites - HUGE room. We overlooked pool and was very impressed with it, right next to it was a big outdoor bar (with cover) and some outdoor tables. Also next to that a grill. Suite was well equipped. I enjoy having a living area also - sofabed was not firm. Good for kids. Water pressure a bit low but might have been our shower head only. "Kitchen" had all I would need. Of course next door is Homewood which would have cook top and bedrooms.

Flamingo Crossing area is so nice, so NEW, so clean, plenty of dining options, Target, other shops .... for sure a great area to stay if you prefer a more peaceful stay. Hopefully it continues to build out and get me that Chickfila. We left early so didn't want to deal with their breakfast. We went through Dunkin for coffee then headed north to Turnpike. Stopped right before Turnpike for CFA breakfast and kept rolling.

348383381_1303626727243922_1994697330385441777_n.jpg348382823_684694663499195_7352485828091468655_n.jpg348382826_1303009640340214_196692326807856740_n.jpg352820848_1328204011461748_1147526549125763463_n.jpg

Disney’s housing is right across from Flamingo Crossing so I wouldn’t be surprised to see public transportation there soon.
This is an area that does not warrant public transportation and likely doesn't want it. I live in a county much like Orange County in an area much like the Flamingo Crossing's surrounding area. Yes, Disney is going to build some CM housing, so they will likely offer shuttles to on property for them to go to work. I could see the public transportation system MAYBE offering a single connection service that takes them down 429 to transfer to the 192 buses. I don't see any full service from that area because the ridership will be low. The area is expensive to live in. The apartments that are being allowed to be built there are luxury.

Actually Disney is Master builder of the flamingo crossing area and the landlord. The area is still being developed.
Yes, they have been for many years. They have been very particular in how they have allowed the land to be sold and developed since those folks have to be approved by "Reedy Creek".

You can actually book the hotels through Disney as they call the area Disney World Gateway hotels. The hotels themselves are not owned by Disney and therefore they won’t be providing their transportation.
Yes, that has been since the beginning. Disney Good Neighbor Hotels do provide transportation as that is a requirement. If these Gateway Hotels want to be Good Neighbor they will have to provide it. None of the hotels that you book through Disney that are not owned by Disney are provided with Disney transportation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter