Some Flamingo Crossing hotels now charge for parking

It's not far away, remote or inaccessible. It's just less built-up than some of the other areas near the parks. It was a bit of a "secret" place to stay where you could avoid traffic and mobs.

Sadly, the secret is out and growth is catching up to the area, so hotels will do what they do best -- pound travelers with fees to hide the true cost of a night's stay.
It actually is.

It's on the west side of Animal Kingdom, far away from Disney Springs/LBV/IDrive/Universal.

Public transportation does not go out there unlike every other area near Disney. So you have to have a car but when you factor in rental car prices or uber prices the hotel becomes more expensive than other areas of Disney.

It really only makes sense for people who live in Florida or close by who are bringing their own car to Flamino Crossing but then they charge that parking fee.

Last edited:
It actually is.

It's on the west side of Animal Kingdom, far away from Disney Springs/LBV/IDrive/Universal.

Public transportation does not go out there unlike every other area near Disney. So you have to have a car or uber (which becomes expensive since it's remote.
For people with cars and are only doing Disney it is not far at all. And the price point for what you get is better than most the hotels the same distance.

It's a low traffic area with all the basic needs only minutes from the parks. All it needs for me is a Chickfila. ::yes::

Any park or Disney Springs are only around 10-14 minute drive. That is closer than most offsite resort areas.

For people with cars and are only doing Disney it is not far at all. And the price point for what you get is better than most the hotels the same distance.

It's a low traffic area with all the basic needs only minutes from the parks. All it needs for me is a Chickfila. ::yes::

Any park or Disney Springs are only around 10-14 minute drive. That is closer than most offsite resort areas.
I think the prices are quite high in comparison to the LBV area.

It does look like there are more food options and a target than when it first opened when it had nothing.
But really to me it only makes sense if you have your own car and are local/Flordia or maybe surrounding states and is ideal for someone coming down from Gainesville, etc/75 South.

There is a Chick Fil A going in just up the road in Hamlin across the street from Walmart and Publix.

This is dumb. Why would anybody stay at such a far away, remote, inaccessible area if they are charging for parking.
It takes literally 13 minutes to get from Flamingo Crossings to Magic Kingdom and it's a pretty easy drive. And these hotels have, within walking distance, Target, Walgreens, Starbucks, multiple restaurants, a few stores, an AdventHealth ER, and a lot more coming. The area is less congested and has less crime than offsite hotels in the other direction. I agree that it is stupid to charge for parking, but this is a really nice area compared to some of the other offsite areas.

There is a Chick Fil A going in just up the road in Hamlin across the street from Walmart and Publix.
Good to know. Perfection would be at Flamingo Crossing. :thumbsup2

It takes literally 13 minutes to get from Flamingo Crossings to Magic Kingdom and it's a pretty easy drive. And these hotels have, within walking distance, Target, Walgreens, Starbucks, multiple restaurants, a few stores, an AdventHealth ER, and a lot more coming. The area is less congested and has less crime than offsite hotels in the other direction. I agree that it is stupid to charge for parking, but this is a really nice area compared to some of the other offsite areas.
I totally agree with the less congested, nicer area than many of the other areas around Disney now. EASY EASY to get to anything WDW. I hate the whole parking thing but now it seems many more are joining the bandwagon. But what it has done is pushed me to nicer options if I'm paying for parking everywhere.

I've been pricing Hiltons for various weeks in June and July and I find Flamingo Crossing is highly competitive. Add that the area is nicer, has shopping/dining options for those late nights and minutes to the WDW parks ... it's moved up on my interest list.

I am currently booked for one night there next week at end of week at MVC.

I stayed at Flamingo Crossings a couple of times, before the parking fees came in. Part of the appeal for me was the absence of both a resort fee and a parking fee. Also used to get an excellent deal via the UT hotel booking site, but that seems to have become a thing of the past as well. I suspect it won't be long before resort fees make their dreaded appearance at these properties.

These locations are considered family / suite extended stay vacations…
They told me when they first opened that shuttle service would be minimal because they knew most families were arriving with a Car.

They told me when they first opened that shuttle service would be minimal because they knew most families were arriving with a Car.
The first two Marriott hotels were actually marketed to sports teams competing at Disney. One reason there are sports cages there. The shared amenities etc were all geared to groups of teams/families. All those brands right now are "suite" style for families no matter where located.

As far as shuttles it's a rare hotel that has any kind of regular shuttles. Disney Springs, Bonnet Creek Hiltons are some of the rare ones that offer a regular shuttle. Most others are worthless. The location of the hotels would make them unpopular among folks without cars because of getting to/from there and having minimal close by.

There is no public transportation option to Flamingo Crossing yet. Eventually they will have one as the hotel and fast food workers needs a method to get to their jobs.

This means that for now you have to have a car at this property.
So the parking fee is not optional. It is a hidden fee that should be incorporated into the regular price.

So the parking fee is not optional. It is a hidden fee that should be incorporated into the regular price
Optional means you can stay in the hotel without paying the fee. Tax is not optional, it isn't usually included in the rate. Resort fees aren't optional. Hotels are only now including the fee in displaying the room cost.

Parking is an optional fee. Hotels don't decide to charge separately charge for parking based on how many guests bring a car. Some people may book multiple rooms but one car. People traveling for business for ecample.

Will you have a car? Include the parking fee when you compare hotels.

Optional means you can stay in the hotel without paying the fee. Tax is not optional, it isn't usually included in the rate. Resort fees aren't optional. Hotels are only now including the fee in displaying the room cost.

Parking is an optional fee. Hotels don't decide to charge separately charge for parking based on how many guests bring a car. Some people may book multiple rooms but one car. People traveling for business for ecample.

There is no option at this hotel since there is no public transportation to flamingo crossing. You have to have a car to get there.

This is the only area in Disney/Orlando that doesn’t have public transport.

Universal
I drive
Sea world area
Lake buena vista
Vineland
Disney springs
Disney
Kissimmee
West irlo Bronson
All have affordable public transportation options

There is no option at this hotel since there is no public transportation to flamingo crossing. You have to have a car to get there.

This is the only area in Disney/Orlando that doesn’t have public transport.

Universal
I drive
Sea world area
Lake buena vista
Vineland
Disney springs
Disney
Kissimmee
West irlo Bronson
All have affordable public transportation options
It's a great option for people who have a vehicle to drive. I might be wrong, but I don't think there are a lot of people who pay thousands of dollars for Disney tickets and then take a public bus to get to the parks. If not on property, they are either in their own/rented vehicle, they're using Lyft type rides, or they are relying on the hotel shuttle. There are always exceptions, but if any sort of public transportation begins stopping at Flamingo it's going to be more for locals and people working there.

There is no option at this hotel since there is no public transportation to flamingo crossing. You have to have a car to get there
I'm confused. Are the transportation companies at MCO allowed to drop off and pick up at those hotels? Ride share? Taxis?

Some the hotels have meeting rooms. Does a guest staying and attending meetings need a car? Does a traveling party, staying in multiple rooms but one rental car need to pay for parking for each room?
The Residence Inn offers complimentary shuttle service.

Parking is optional. Guests who plan to park should add the parking fee to the room rate when comparing hotels Screenshot_20230602_111604_DuckDuckGo.jpg

I hate paying for parking but understand it in very busy areas where land is premium OR popular areas where folks will try to park to avoid parking fees elsewhere.

Now lots of hotels around Orlando are adding parking fees where it doesn't seem necessary - likely just padding the budget rather than continuing to raise room rates. What it has done is push me away from some I liked to others that are a bit nicer. I'd rather get something for the extra costs.

We avoid any hotels with resort fees because we don't take advantage of their reasoning - Embassy Suite LBV has fee because they upgraded pool and recreation. Don't use it. We like Embassy Suites LBV South, no resort fee. Still a lovely pool and a much nicer hotel. Just as fast to get to parks either way.

THIS^

From the moment one is looking at bookings they have all the options in front of them. Whatever they choose to book means they CHOOSE that option and all that comes with it. If you are bringing a car and they have a parking fee, you have opted to pay for that.

While we all hate the parking and resort fees, especially those of us that are high enough on a brand program to get most the "resort fee amenities" free already - it is what it is. The info is all there to make an informed decision. Aside from convention/groups where your hotel is decided for you - if you don't like it, don't stay there. It doesn't mean it isn't a good value for someone else.

It's a great option for people who have a vehicle to drive. I might be wrong, but I don't think there are a lot of people who pay thousands of dollars for Disney tickets and then take a public bus to get to the parks. If not on property, they are either in their own/rented vehicle, they're using Lyft type rides, or they are relying on the hotel shuttle. There are always exceptions, but if any sort of public transportation begins stopping at Flamingo it's going to be more for locals and people working there.
Yeah the idea that folks are taking public transportation to the parks each day would apply to a tiny tiny number of people. The Flamingo Crossing area and that south/north of it are not areas that will likely ever have public transportation, if nothing else the income from it would likely be a loss to the transportation system.

I'm confused. Are the transportation companies at MCO allowed to drop off and pick up at those hotels? Ride share? Taxis?
Sure they are. Even if they tried to block all one has to do is walk across the street and get picked up in the shopping area.

This area may not be optimal for most folks without a car it is def doable. You have the ability to walk to dining, shopping, services in a very safe area. You can ride share to the parks very reasonably. My kid stayed by the Convention Center and ubered to the parks with easy and low cost. FC should be much less.

I'm pretty sure hotels don't pay commissions to travel agencies (including online such as Expedia) on parking and resort fees. Guests staying using a free night (loyalty programs) pay for parking and often resort fees. Online booking sites don't include parking fees and rarely include resort fees by default

Not true. Minorities, South Americans and Brits, Irish use the environmentally friendly public bus all the time when vacationing in Orlando.

Some the hotels have meeting rooms. Does a guest staying and attending meetings need a car? Does a traveling party, staying in multiple rooms but one rental car need to pay for parking for each room?
The Residence Inn offers complimentary shuttle service.

Parking is optional. Guests who plan to park should add the parking fee to the room rate when comparing hotels View attachment 764746
The Lynx system goes to all those places. $2 ride
$4.50 for a day pass
$16 for a week pass.
Lynx runs roughly every twenty minutes-Hal hour from 5 am to midnight. So gives more flexibility to those wanting to stay till park close or park open.

The majority of hotel complementary shuttles have maybe 3 morning shuttles to Disney and then only 3 evening shuttles back to their hotels. And they make multiple stop at each hotel the shuttle contracts with.

Mears is about $16.50-25 one way. But that only gets you to the hotel.

I'm pretty sure hotels don't pay commissions to travel agencies (including online such as Expedia) on parking and resort fees. Guests staying using a free night (loyalty programs) pay for parking and often resort fees. Online booking sites don't include parking fees and rarely include resort fees by default
Parking fees are a hidden cost that won’t show up in any price search even on the hotels website.

Resort fees will show up for the final price but usually can’t be added for when you want to search by lowest price.

I envision the day when all hotels are free but require mandatory $200 resort fees, $200 parking fees and $100 door entry fees.

This is all just another way the internet has ruined everything. If you want your hotel to show up higher in the results on Expedia, just cut the price and crank up the fees.

Perhaps Disney should offer $1 hotel stays with free dining and add a $1,000 per person "Mickey's Magic" fee. Could be a potential post for next April 1.

Another ironic thing about public transportation in Florida and much of the U.S. is that while many people beg for "free shuttles" and love the vast public transportation system at Disney World, they haven't ridden on a bus at home since elementary school.

In any event, Flamingo Crossings used to be a sleepy little pocket you could zoom in an out of and avoid all the junk fees. Sadly, those days are coming to an end. It still isn't too built-up, but will eventually.

In Florida, any area with nice roads and open space is destined for future development.

I hate paying for parking but understand it in very busy areas where land is premium OR popular areas where folks will try to park to avoid parking fees elsewhere.

Now lots of hotels around Orlando are adding parking fees where it doesn't seem necessary - likely just padding the budget rather than continuing to raise room rates. What it has done is push me away from some I liked to others that are a bit nicer. I'd rather get something for the extra costs.

We avoid any hotels with resort fees because we don't take advantage of their reasoning - Embassy Suite LBV has fee because they upgraded pool and recreation. Don't use it. We like Embassy Suites LBV South, no resort fee. Still a lovely pool and a much nicer hotel. Just as fast to get to parks either way.

THIS^

From the moment one is looking at bookings they have all the options in front of them. Whatever they choose to book means they CHOOSE that option and all that comes with it. If you are bringing a car and they have a parking fee, you have opted to pay for that.

While we all hate the parking and resort fees, especially those of us that are high enough on a brand program to get most the "resort fee amenities" free already - it is what it is. The info is all there to make an informed decision. Aside from convention/groups where your hotel is decided for you - if you don't like it, don't stay there. It doesn't mean it isn't a good value for someone else.

Yeah the idea that folks are taking public transportation to the parks each day would apply to a tiny tiny number of people. The Flamingo Crossing area and that south/north of it are not areas that will likely ever have public transportation, if nothing else the income from it would likely be a loss to the transportation system.

Sure they are. Even if they tried to block all one has to do is walk across the street and get picked up in the shopping area.

This area may not be optimal for most folks without a car it is def doable. You have the ability to walk to dining, shopping, services in a very safe area. You can ride share to the parks very reasonably. My kid stayed by the Convention Center and ubered to the parks with easy and low cost. FC should be much less.

Disney’s housing is right across from Flamingo Crossing so I wouldn’t be surprised to see public transportation there soon.

Actually Disney is Master builder of the flamingo crossing area and the landlord. The area is still being developed.

You can actually book the hotels through Disney as they call the area Disney World Gateway hotels. The hotels themselves are not owned by Disney and therefore they won’t be providing their transportation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter