Some Lounge Chairs now are bookable

Yeah, I think they are the best view seats at the resort! My husband was often out there by 6:30 and often not the first person there. He wouldn’t have minded except the cushions were wet at there were no towels around.
They are for sure, but after I saw people were at the chairs already around 630...I didn't wanna deal w/ it 🤣 If sitting on the beach isn't your cup of tea, there are very limited areas w/ the view of the lagoon which is very unfortunate. Even some of the cabanas you get no view of the ocean...like what?!

They are for sure, but after I saw people were at the chairs already around 630...I didn't wanna deal w/ it 🤣 If sitting on the beach isn't your cup of tea, there are very limited areas w/ the view of the lagoon which is very unfortunate. Even some of the cabanas you get no view of the ocean...like what?!
I normally wake up at 6:30 to 7:00am PST, so getting up at 6am Hawaii Time and getting downstairs to look at the ocean wasn’t a chore.

I did get a chuckle when a grandpa whose family had aggressively taken over the area the previous day came downstairs at 6:55 one day and saw that the prime seats were taken and got angry…. 😤

But…. I would much prefer some reserved seating… we’ll see what availability is during our August trip….

I normally wake up at 6:30 to 7:00am PST, so getting up at 6am Hawaii Time and getting downstairs to look at the ocean wasn’t a chore.

I did get a chuckle when a grandpa whose family had aggressively taken over the area the previous day came downstairs at 6:55 one day and saw that the prime seats were taken and got angry…. 😤

But…. I would much prefer some reserved seating… we’ll see what availability is during our August trip….
Does anybody have a straight answer on how far out you can book chairs/cabana/etc?

90 days in advance, you just have a room reservation though. We’ve got a Cabana booked for a few days next trip.
Thanks (and @AstroBlasters also)-- the reason I ask is that I tried to book at 90 from our arrival date and the only days available were days 6 (Executive Lanai) and 7 (Cabana). Admittedly, it was Thanksgiving week so possibly people were arriving a few days earlier than us and booked them all out.

Thanks (and @AstroBlasters also)-- the reason I ask is that I tried to book at 90 from our arrival date and the only days available were days 6 (Executive Lanai) and 7 (Cabana). Admittedly, it was Thanksgiving week so possibly people were arriving a few days earlier than us and booked them all out.
You can waitlist, not sure how far out you can waitlist though. Last trip we only had a cabana for one day but waitlisted and got one another day.

hahaha I would have looked at him, smile and give him a shaka!! 🤣 You snooze, you lose!

We were there over Thanksgiving, originally had the Executive Lanai and a Cabana booked on our last two days, respectively. As others mentioned on this thread, we felt that not having to wake up early and rush to the chairs and worry about if we wanted to do something other than be on the chairs for more than 20m (though I don't think there was any enforcement of chair hogging at all, which is likely what caused the shortage), was worth it to us for a few days. We did cancel the cabana and replaced it with an extra Lanai day because none of the cabanas appeared to be in calm areas with ocean views.

I'm a little shocked that it's going to be $110 for 2 chairs (most of which do not have umbrellas, FYI), but would have been thrilled to pay $20-25/chair to secure a relatively calm ocean view chair.

FWIW, we spent most of the first 5 days in the (previously free) chairs in front of Ama Ama and I specifically recall hearing somone say they would switch to paid reservation chairs soon. A few of the chairs (and actually the Executive Lanai) are very close to the high traffic walkway and some have their views obstructed by bushes. Speaking of obstruction, you could rent casabellas on the beach (sme day walk up only) for about $100/day, but I think only one of them had a view that was anything other than 5+ rows of beach chairs. They either need to elevate them so that they are higher than than the other chairs or resituate them with at least some view of the horizon.
The casabellas on the beach are $80/day. I also don't really like the locations for all the beach casabellas, because like you said, most of them have view of beach chairs, no thank you. Any type of beach/pool rentals should have a decent view, otherwise why am I paying? I might as well sit on the beach with my own chair.

So I will be at Aulani next month. Was thinking of trying to reserve a cabana, but saw where the cost had gone up to $550/day (last time I was there, we got a cabana for $400/day. But there were 6 of us then. This trip is just 2 adults).
So then I thought of getting a beach casabella instead. No so much worried about the view from the casabella. It's more for the awning that comes up over the chairs. My SO doesn't want to sit in the sun, so was looking for something that could provide some cover for him. The fact that I can book the casabella the same day is a plus as it gives us more flexibility with our schedule. We will be there during the American Idol taping, so I'm not sure how much beach space there will be or if that affects the # of casabellas that will be available.
Just in case we decide to go the cabana route (if there are any available), where would be a nice, quieter spot to try to get? We don't need to be super close to the kids pool area. Would prefer something away from that area.

If accurate, I will not be happy at all if they have now made the regular chairs (not reservable lanais ) in front of Ama Ama reserve only for $100’sh because of lack of chairs or lack of enforcement of people taking chairs early but not using them.

If accurate, I will not be happy at all if they have now made the regular chairs (not reservable lanais ) in front of Ama Ama reserve only for $100’sh because of lack of chairs or lack of enforcement of people taking chairs early but not using them.
Those chairs are much nicer and I don’t have a problem with them charging for better chairs and better service (they don’t currently have better service)—but they should have enough chairs that everyone can use one for 2-3 hours a day and/or enough staff to clear towels and random trash from unused chairs after 40-45m. I moved chair hog towels myself a couple times and nobody ever came back to claim it.

Also, was unhappy to occasionally encounter 1-2 people holding 5-10 chairs for extended periods of time. Like if Dad goes down early and holds a couple chairs for 20-30m, whatever, but I encountered a guy holding more than 8 chairs in the front row by Ama Ama, so I sat the next row over. Nobody else joined him for the entire 2h I was there. 🙄

WOndering if you're allowed to bring your own chairs? It seems like buying a few from amazon and having them delivered to the hotel would be cheaper. Or maybe Disney should add more chairs so there isn't a need for people to rush for chairs. One can dream...
I don't think they can stop you from setting them on the beach.

Those chairs are much nicer and I don’t have a problem with them charging for better chairs and better service
I agree this is a nicer area but there are other very coveted areas as well around quiet pool, small landings on curved walked way to beach etc. Also, for others their preferred areas may be close to water play area etc. I sure hope Aulani doesn’t get into the pay for preferred seats stuff. Strangely enough, we have been to Aulani 9 times and have had good success finding a couple loungers in front of Ama Ama. Not a chance we will pay an additional $1000 (for a 10 day trip) to reserve these.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter