Some questions RE: December trip

mariolatry

DIS Veteran
I am planning a 5 day solo trip in the first or second week of December and am concerned a little bit about the cost. I normally prefer to stay on-site at Port Orleans but since it's such a low-volume time, is it worth my while to stay at Pop Century or one of that ilk? I've heard they can be a little hectic. The other possibility I was considering was one of the offsite by "on Disney property" hotels like the Grosvenor, etc. I won't have a rental car and I'm concerned about transportation times. Any experience with these issues?

Also, can anyone recommend the best Behind the Scenes tour? I can only afford one.

Thanks!!

Hi!

I love traveling during December, the crowds are light & the decorations are gorgeous. I love Port Orleans too & if you can afford it stay were you're comfortable. I haven't stayed at the off-site hotels.

I loved the Back Stage Safari at the AK. I haven't gone on any of the other ones to compare it to. I would love to try the seasonal tour they offer for Christmas decroations (I don't remember the name of it).

Have a wonderful time planning & travelling.

Geri

Hi -

December is such a great time to go - you get less crowds, plus you get to see the place all decorated for the holidays!

I did a behind the scenes tour on my last solo trip (Sept 2003). I did the Backstage Magic tour that I really enjoyed. You get to see so much and learn so much. A must do for any Disney fanatic!

It was a long day event that includes lunch at Mama Melrose.

PM me if you have any questions!

<b>Welcome to the DIS and Adult/Solo Board, mariolatry</b>. I'm sure you'll get some great advice for your trip here. You might also post on the Resorts, Themeparks, Restaurant boards for more info. Early December is a great time at WDW. I haven't stayed at the off-site resorts, so I can't offer any advice there. If you're on a budget, you may want to try the Value Resorts. You enjoy all the on-property benefits at a smaller price. If you are planning a lot of park time, you won't be in your room much. I did the Behind the Magic tour also. It is costly but was fantastic. I recommend it for WDW veterans.

The cost of the All Stars is less than Port Orleans. I have done solo trips several times the week after Thanksgiving over the years. Are you aware of Mickey's Very Merry Christmas party (MVMCP) during the time you are going? This is a seperate ticket and I also like doing the Candlelight Processional Dinner Package(CP). I have taken the Keys to the Kingdom tour, the Holiday tour, I can remeber the proper name of it right now, and the Steam Train tour and enjoyed them all. The park crowds are much lower and you can do more. The parks do close earlier also. Depending on your budget depends on what you may want to do. Myself, if I had to choose between a behind the scenes tour and MVMCP and CP, I would do MVMCP and CP.

I really like the first two weeks in December for trip to the world. I just love PO-FQ as a resort to stay at. I think it works well for a solo trip being a small resort.

I stayed at All Stars - Music in December 2003 - it was nice. Had a room on the third floor - on a side away from the pool. There were a lot of upper elementary/ middle school youth there for a pop warner football and cheerleading competition. I did not find them to be an issue - they were very happy to be there and having a good time. The only time they were a little loud was in the pool but then we all can do that sometimes;) If it was between staying at PO-FQ and not doing everything I wanted to do and staying at All Stars-Music and doing everything I wanted to do I would pick ASM.

I would tend to stay on site without a rental car - in fact I just don't rent a car at WDW - I love the transportation system because I don't have to drive and can totally relax on vacation!

Have a great trip!

I am planning on taking my 1st solo trip to WDW in Dec too. I am looking at going Dec 5 -10. Got a quote for a pretty decent rate at Pop Century. Right now just trying to decide if it's worth it going Solo.

When does the info on MVMCP or CP come out ?? That does sound interesting...

good rates off-site ex DaysInn Sandlake Rd. I've stayed there
3times not bad and cheap lol. best advice call Days Inn 800 no.
4 or 5 times take the best price. Rather stay at a Disney Resort
sooo much easier especially traveling alone. Besides i think you
must stay a Dis resort to get tix for Mickey's Merry Christmas
definately a must. MY fav time to travel to DW beginning of Dec
low crowds and all decorated for the holidays.Ican remember
doing Space Mountain 6 times in a row no wait....... life is good lol
beech

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter