Someday, when everything settles down, check the email thing. It's energetic.

Mom-to-3

Mouseketeer
This is not at all urgent.

My Old Navy post on the CB was popular. While I was off-line, I received 3 emails that said

There may be other replies also, but you will not receive any more notifications until you visit the board again.

Maybe the DIS just really wanted me back. ;)

It's doing it again with Preshi's congrats post. Every time someone posts, I get a message.

Go to the forum home page. Here is the link.

DIS Forum Home Page

Near the top of the page click on:

user cp

and then:

Edit Options

Look for:

Use 'Email Notification' by default? Set it to no.

See if that stops it.

Bob

flowerface.GIF
<font face="Comic Sans MS"><font color=navy>Mary,

If you do not want to get the email notifications, then you need to set the default to not receive them.

To do that, you would go up to >cp user, then to edit options. Choose no under "email notification by default." You can always opt to receive emails on selected posts when you start a thread or reply to one.

Is this what you're talking about?

I think that even after you choose no for your email notification option, you will continue to get notification for threads you were subscribed to prior to making the change.

You can then click on this link to remove all of your subscribed threads:

Help! My mailbox is about to explode!

To unsubscribe to individual threads, go to your "user cp" and at the bottom of your subcribed FORUMS list there is a link to "view all subscribed threads". You can then pick and choose which threads you want to remain subscribed to.

Good Morning! I haven't had coffee yet, so I hope I can make this coherent.

I have my default set to no notifications. I choose notifications on a couple threads each day. Nearly all of them work correctly, as did this one. Several of you replied but I got only one notification.

On the Old Navy thread and Preshi's thread, I am getting several emails while I'm away, but not as many as people are posting. Preshi has 4 pages of congrats and I received 5-6 emails.

Oh, I just went to double-check something and now survivor is doing it now. In the time I have spent typing I've received 3 emails about the same survivor thread.

As I first said, this is not really important. Yahoo gives me a big mailbox. I just thought the tech folks would want to know. :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter