Someone defend Tough to be a Bug to me

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no defense of ITtBaB, but as long as I'm here . . . WDW could do the world a service if they'd devise a way to exit that detraction without having to inconvenience a few dozen people sitting between you and the exit. I shut my eyes, held my breath, and told myself about 300 million times that it had to be over soon. Eventually, it did end.

Yes, I felt like I was trapped in hades. It was even worse than the Richard Foreman play I couldn't leave because the stage was located between the audience and the exit. I had to tell myself it would be over soon only 287 million times at that "event."

It is supposed to be educational, but does scare kids. Bugs and spiders scare people. It is the reason why they remove the giant spider in the Haunted Mansion.

I just don’t like getting stung. I always lean forward. 😆 The rest is fine.

I don't like the stink bug smell, either (one of my complaints about Imagination, too, with the skunk smell). We haven't done ITTBAB in ages.

I just think it's a fun attraction.

Also my recommendation for the stinging part is to just not take off your backpack. The first time I saw it, I was alone and it wasn't until I dragged my family to it that I knew there was a stinging part. Backpacks, man.

I find the multisensorial experience really creative and remember the first time being so impressed that the Imagineers come up with stuff like this.

That having been said, I remember one time holding my son during the show, who was 1 at the time, and only a few minutes in he sort of began to tremble and I could feel his diaper get warm (=panic pee). I had to step over everyone in the row and make my way out because he was freaked out. When I apologized to the cast member at the door for the disruption, she said, “No worries at all. Happens ALL the time.”

Still, I really look forward to this one. Oh, and by the way my son enjoyed it when we tried again when he was 4. He was much more “terrified” after having to slow dance with Belle when he played the Beast in Enchanted Tales with Belle - LOL.

I know this is an old thread but it's a must do for us too. It brings back old memories of taking the kids for the first time. My kids love taking newbies to see it too. They get a kick out of their reaction.

Who is it scary to? My one year old watches it
So when I was 4 Honey I shrunk the audience scared the ever living daylights out of me. My dad has video and pictures of me playing with the leaping fountains because he volunteered to take me out. I don’t think it’s the 3D but it is the 4D aspect. Also that hopper animatronic is human size which I can see being an issue. When I was there in September it was the spider sequence that I heard quite a few terrified tiny screams from. Everything else was greeted with laughs and other normal reactions for a 4D.

The first (and only) time we attended Tough to be a bug, I got jabbed in the back by one of the effects that popped out of the seatback. If I remember right it was during a bee scene, and supposed to simulate being stung? Felt more like I got jabbed with a broom handle. It hurt enough that, I haven't been back to see the show again. I think the show was relatively new. Maybe they hadn't gotten the "bugs" worked out yet? Like maybe the air pressure was too high? No one in my family got jabbed, just me. Is that effect still present?

The first (and only) time we attended Tough to be a bug, I got jabbed in the back by one of the effects that popped out of the seatback. If I remember right it was during a bee scene, and supposed to simulate being stung? Felt more like I got jabbed with a broom handle. It hurt enough that, I haven't been back to see the show again. I think the show was relatively new. Maybe they hadn't gotten the "bugs" worked out yet? Like maybe the air pressure was too high? No one in my family got jabbed, just me. Is that effect still present?
No that part is still there. I don’t lean back in the chairs that way that part doesn’t affect me

It’s a must-do for us. And since it’s been 5 years, I’m hoping DH had forgotten the “bugs and maggots exit first” part and jumps out of his seat yelling like last time and his first time!!! Ah, good times….🤣🤣🤣

It’s a must-do for us. And since it’s been 5 years, I’m hoping DH had forgotten the “bugs and maggots exit first” part and jumps out of his seat yelling like last time and his first time!!! Ah, good times….🤣🤣🤣

That was my husband the first time we went 6 years ago. My kids found it to be hysterical. He was a good sport about it.

It is supposed to be educational, but does scare kids. Bugs and spiders scare people. It is the reason why they remove the giant spider in the Haunted Mansion.
The giant spider was supposed to be a reference to an old Hanna-Barbera cartoon... Birdman, where the character on my avatar comes from (actually, it is the Space Ghost Coast to Coast version, but it's the same animation...) in the intro he is caught in a spider web, advanced on by giant spiders... I hate the Mansion (long story), but I appreciate that you guys like it...

I love A Bug's Life (have wanted a Flik doll for years now, but have never gotten the time to actually buy it...) so I really wanna do this ride... however, the parts I'm wary about are the sting... and the beetles and maggots... the latter is also the reason I'm a little wary about those vibrating handle games you find in arcades...

You probably wouldn't have liked alien encounters then...
And remember Honey I Shrunk the Kids? I was in many a show of that one that had kids screaming & crying when the snake struck at the audience.
We actually do like Bug, and liked Honey I Shrunk the Kids. Hated Alien Encounter, just thought it was stupid

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter