Something About Nothing ... #12

View attachment 348849 Checking out the new feather babies-View attachment 348850 My favorite-told the kids to line up for a pic and dog comes bounding over for a photo bomb-kids and dog look so young!
View attachment 348851 Squeaky bone toy he got for Christmas several years ago. He slept with it in his bed just like a little kid
View attachment 348852 In his happy place-he loved snow and winter!
We lost him yesterday at 1:52. Peaceful with pet hospice. Been a rough past day and son is not handling well. It will take some time and adjustment to not have him around. Got our puppy Feb 2006, found out I was pregnant with son 6 months later, so he has only known having the dog around. Kids teachers have been incredible with them both. Had to let both older daughters and summer daughter know over phone, they expected it but still hard.

Thank you to all who have expressed sympathy and support.:grouphug: It really does help to know others are there with you.

Happy Anniversary! And thank you for your trip reports-I have been reading the new one past couple days, your upbeat descriptions have been a great and welcome distraction!

Glad to hear she is home and recovering.

New diet trend!

Wow! goes so fast-Happy almost birthday to her!

OOH charter member! how neat!:wave2: Thank you Mac for making this such a welcoming place!
Ok I am going with the positive here and hope your recovery continues to speed along and pain remains controlled/nonissue!!

Had our Wine tasting event/fundraiser last night. Was a good distraction-and went fabulously well. Amazed at this group of women...

Watching Inside Out...think the boy is going to fall asleep on me soon. Needs the sleep. I do too!

MonyK, I’m so sorry you’ve lost your doggy. He was beautiful........and so loved. Love the picture with the kids......that is so cute! Hope you all adjust as quickly as you can........I’m sure it’s tough on all of you.......it’ll be a huge void to fill.

But sending many hugs.........:hug:

I’m glad you’re enjoying the trip report too.......glad it’s a bit of a distraction for you and thank you for the anniversary wishes......:)

Tracie, sounds like all your kids are doing very well!!! That’s so good to hear........I just said to someone on Tuesday who’s so just started school at aged 4 that it’ll fly past and you’ll turn one day and he’s 24!!! It’s so quick.......

I’m in Orlando from 13th of this month and there till Oct 2nd........only have definite plans with a couple of folks from the San thread so far........hope you have a great trip!! Where are you staying this time..........

Thursday again..........

Now officially a week till we fly........so 6 more sleeps till we set off..........

Today is grocery shopping and making sure freezer is well stocked for DS while we’re away........he cooks quite well so I never worry about him eating properly........and the odd pizza won’t do him any harm.......quick and easy.

And plenty of Ben & Jerry’s chocolate fudge brownie ice cream and he’s happy.......

Also looking to pick up some last minute items we always think of........will be busy Monday and Tuesday next week so today and tomorrow will work for doing that.......

Have a great Thursday everyone..........

What a special name for your kitty

An adorable name!

She got that name because when she came to live with us, my son said that is the ugliest cat I have ever seen. It has 99 different colors. So she started out as 99 colors and it got shortened to 99.

She was a wild one. It took 4 years to be able to touch her, but with patience and love she finally came around.

When we took her to the vet as a kitten to be spayed, it took me and my son, a laundry basket, a fishing net, a trash can lid and a pair of welding gloves plus the cat box to catch her.

Anytime I see where someone has lost a loved one from the family, I start thinking back to 99. The pictures of the dog made me cry after I saw he had died.

Skylock, that's sweet. We had a dog, when I was very young, that the vet said was so mixed of breeds, he's a Heinz 57 one. So, though had another name, was always known as the Heinz 57 dog. He was 16 when we found he has passed away in the backyard. Last dog we had to put down was 13, and that was 3 years ago. Miss her still.

With that, weather report: Hazy, hot and humid. With feel like digits in the 100's. Hey, it's thirsty Thursday, drink up, stay hydrated, no heat stroke homies.

upload_2018-9-6_6-44-3.jpeg

and a funny:
images
. Haha.

Wendy, sending more good thoughts.

Mac, hope the Mr. fed the cats, so you can have a relaxing morning.

Bobbie, yep, weather guy last night said chances of rain both Saturday and Sunday. So, hopefully another week-end you can visit, as I think they'll stay open for a few more weeks.

MonyK, sending more hugs. Beautiful dog, and thank you for sharing pictures of him.

Tink, if you have to work today, hope the coffee is flowing and the work day short.

Robo, sending good thoughts your way, and hope you are strengthening every day. Will be so nice to say hello to ya. And sending a hello to your Dsis. Enjoyed meeting her, and loved her purse.

Robbie - hope you are having a blast on your trip. All that eating on the cruise means more walking in the park. LOL

Schumi, what a countdown. So close now. Hope Kyle's charity raised lots of money with the sale of your baked goods.

Keisha, whole state is in a weather advisory. Hot is the word of the day. Hope you get some pool time.

With that, tea is needed. I'd say it's cool inside, but a very muggy 80 at 6am this morning means no blanket needed yet. Blanket is on the back of my chair though, ready for that blast of AC.

Have a terrific Thursday. Stay in the shade, and hydrate, you know,upload_2018-9-6_7-1-38.jpeg ::yes::

:coffee:

Good morning all! I was off my computer yesterday and work- I had a bad migraine!

I'm very behind, but:

Happy very Belated Anniversary to Carole & Tom!:flower3:

Agavegirl- So happy your recovery is ahead of schedule! You will plan another trip to Orlando soon!:)

Tlinus- Gkad to meet you!:)

Bobbie- Better to postpone the trip when the weather is bad- Happy Birthday Liv!

Monyk-:grouphug: So sorry about your dog!

Lynne- I missed looking at the Hump Day pic yesterday- always look forward to it!:thumbsup2

:wave: Mac, Keisha, Charade, Ckmiles,Tink, Tgrgrl, Robo, Skylock and everyone else reading along!

Good morning everyone:grouphug: Monykalyn so sorry to hear about your family member:hug:. He was beautiful and what a sweet heart. The pics are lovely and can see love went both ways. I hope your son finds comfort as soon as he is able too. It is so hard at any age. Thanks for the early BD wishes!:)

It's suppose to be hot and humid here today 92. YaY!!! that means more summer weather for me. It is suppose to cool down this weekend and be dry. Brian is going to try and do some outside projects before the winter.

It's going to be a lazy day today didn't sleep well last night. I think a nap is in order:thumbsup2 I don't think I have the squad today. Liv has some tests tomorrow and wants extra time to study. She tries to when her friends are here but it is hard. I try to tell her that too much studying is not good either. She feels less anxious so I try to let her figure it out. I am also trying to get her to drive more. She has had her license since January. We go out an she is still unsure of herself. She keeps asking me if she should do things. I hope she can get the confidence soon to go on her own. It's a hard balance to find to push her and let her do it on her time. I want her to be a safe, confident driver. It will be nice though in January she can drive anybody so she may enjoy that more. It will be an incentive.

Patty sorry to hear about your migraine. I get them and they stink:sad2:...Glad your feeling better.:D ...Yes I will do the parks in the icky weather if I am on vacation but if I can change it due to being close I will. It is nice to have less people in the park but I don't like being soggy either:sad1: Thanks for the early BD wishes:)

Skylock what a great story about your kitty. It's funny I have noticed after you said that with a lot of mine that is how they got their names. For instance one of my cats was named Hummer (the shelter did that) anyways she was so soft and plushie. The name stuck and her name is Plushie. Hope you stay it's nice to see a family grow!

Lynne Thanks for the BD wishes.:) I would love to have her party right on her birthday but family and friends usually don't like week day nights. The day before isn't to bad. I looked at 4 different weather stations and when they all say the same I know it will so I will wait! NJ is such a nice park I like to walk around it in the nice weather.

Mac 35 is a great age:thumbsup2:goodvibes I could stay at this age forever:D

:wave: to Agavegirl, Tink, Robo, ckmiles, charade, Tlinus Keisha and to any other family members lurking this lovely morning8-)

:hug:Monyk- I am so sorry for your loss- I am sending you peaceful thoughts. Those pics you shared were beautiful- a testament to how much a part of the family he was.

Good morning. I’m going to try to do a quick post before heading off to work.

Macraven - When I was a kid I spent many summers at Six Flags Over Georgia. I haven’t been in a very long time. I hear it’s not as good as I remember.

Agavegirl - Good to hear from you. So sorry you had to cancel your trip, but glad to hear recovery is going well.

Tlinus - Nice to meet you.

MonyK - So sorry about your dog. Hugs to everyone in the family. Love the photo bomb pic.

Skylock - Hi, have we met yet? When I saw the name 99 my thought immediately went to the show Get Smart.

I’m out of time. Good morning to all that I have missed.

She got that name because when she came to live with us, my son said that is the ugliest cat I have ever seen. It has 99 different colors. So she started out as 99 colors and it got shortened to 99.

She was a wild one. It took 4 years to be able to touch her, but with patience and love she finally came around.

When we took her to the vet as a kitten to be spayed, it took me and my son, a laundry basket, a fishing net, a trash can lid and a pair of welding gloves plus the cat box to catch her.

Anytime I see where someone has lost a loved one from the family, I start thinking back to 99. The pictures of the dog made me cry after I saw he had died.

We took in a mom and two kittens last year. I still can't pet Mom and one kitten- Ginger & Colby. I'm hoping in time I can- your experience makes me feel positive that it can happen one day!

A busy morning here with many posting

So nice to see many up early
Well, earlier than me

I did get up to feed cats this morning but back to bed to watch the weather channel

Right now it is raining here but it will stop soon
Prediction for us is 90 today
Hot and steamy as usual

There was an old tv show called
Get Smart
Agent 99 was one of the characters in
It

But I like the background info that 99 has a zillion colors to her which became her name

She had a good long life
I had a kitty named Baby that lived to 18
I keep her urn on my bedroom
dresser

Whatever pets we have, they will always be family and always remembered

I’m behind in comments for all that have posted this morning
So know I read them all and think of all the homies chatting here today

Hope all have a good day

We took in a mom and two kittens last year. I still can't pet Mom and one kitten- Ginger & Colby. I'm hoping in time I can- your experience makes me feel positive that it can happen one day!

Yes, keep at it. 99 was 6 the first time I was able to pick her up. I called my son in to see it and he asked if I had drugged her.

My friends cat's name is Ginger. She is an only cat.

99 came with 4 brothers and sisters, but all were gone by a year. I lived in the country, don't know what happened to them except Ben a huge orange Persian looking cat. He came in one night when I was finishing up an email on the computer and got under the rocking chair (his spot) and as I was going to bed, I reached down to give him a pet, and he was dead. The only thing I could figure was he had been hit by a car and was able to make it inside. They had a cat flap. There wasn't a mark on him. The others, I just never saw again. But then there was 99.

I would also like to point out all of 99's siblings were normal loving playful kittens.

I never saw 99 play until she was about 15. I had a red sonic straw and I was flicking it around and the next thing I knew she was batting it around. Of course the next day I bought her a toy because I had thrown away all the toys I had when the others were around, but she would not play with it. So it was back to the red sonic straw.

Monykalyn, I am so sorry. He was a beautiful animal and I know that he knew how much you loved him. ((Hugs))

New friend hello to agavegirl1, tlinus & skylock!!

My husband is from Pittsburgh & got his masters at Pitt. My SIL got married at the big cathedral on campus. It was beautiful but because it’s so popular, it was basically an assembly line of weddings. I think they had a 45 minute window to decorate, seat guests, have ceremony, take pictures & then undecorate! Just to add to the already stressful wedding day.......LOL

Marshmellow is doing great after her surgery. She came into the house briefly last night. She saw the kittens this morning playing through the slider glass door and she started meowing for them. It broke my ❤️. They were too busy running around to pay her any attention.

Have a great day!! Girls requested tacos or Chick-Fil-A tonight so I am trying to be good right now so I can nom nom nom later.

Hi back.

How I love chick-fil-a. Sadly I only get it on vacation because the nearest one to me is probably 100 miles.

Tgrgrl, thanks for the Pitt info, so many have connections to that city. And yay, that M is back, and kittens are enjoying themselves. We like chick-fil-a. Think their chicken nuggets are the best, and we have lots of them around, including in our local malls. Not sure what for dinner tonight. Maybe pasta, but it's been so hot, not feeling like cooking much.

Hi back.

How I love chick-fil-a. Sadly I only get it on vacation because the nearest one to me is probably 100 miles.

You will die but our town literally has 2 Chick-Fil-A’s within 500 ft of each other...1 is in the mall food court & the other one is a free standing one ( with breakfast & drive through) in the mall parking lot. Both are always insanely busy!!

Tgrgrl, thanks for the Pitt info, so many have connections to that city. And yay, that M is back, and kittens are enjoying themselves. We like chick-fil-a. Think their chicken nuggets are the best, and we have lots of them around, including in our local malls. Not sure what for dinner tonight. Maybe pasta, but it's been so hot, not feeling like cooking much.

Let me know if I ( or my husband) can answer anything about Pitt. My husband went through the engineering program and two of my in-laws went through med school there.

You know how I am always complaining that I have nothing to do at work? Well, today is not one of those days. We are swamped. And I may end up staying late and getting DH to pick B up from school. Back later.

You will die but our town literally has 2 Chick-Fil-A’s within 500 ft of each other...1 is in the mall food court & the other one is a free standing one ( with breakfast & drive through) in the mall parking lot. Both are always insanely busy!!

I have seen places like that. One place in the mall and one free standing store in the mall parking lot.

When we go to Orlando, we usually stay on Sand Lake road, and we have to pass right by one on our way to the condo. I have been know to get some strips to have in the morning for breakfast.

I know they have breakfast, but I do not like sweet rolls, I would rather have the strips.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter