Something About Nothing ... #12

Guess I will have to go to Chick to see if that lime drink is here. Says rolled out nationally today. I too like their chicken, fries are okay, and yes, like their regular lemonade as well.

Still sunny, with some fluffy clouds trying to cover the sun. Now saying most of the wet stuff is to be South of us. Um, I'll wait to see what the late night weather person says. Either that, or will look out the window as DH leaves tomorrow morning. Will have an umbrella in the car, just in case.

Good for you, Sue, to see 64 today. We're still hanging in the 40's now. Saying 50's and breezy for the week-end. Hope you get the flights you want for the 2 trips you are doing. Yay, for getting that FP. And hope your hip feels better with the shot. My DM had that in her shoulder, and the shot, ooh, was one of the biggest needles I have seen. It made her feel much better. So giving you mummy dust, that hip is good after the shot. And finally a wahoo, mouse and Harry visits over 2 months. Still sorry to miss ya, but end of September into October is usually my time. See, end of Fiscal Year is the end of September. So, not much doing until new money loaded, and that takes at least a week. Plus, the holiday is usually within the first 2 weeks of October.

And hey, does it make sense to buy the buy one get one free HHN ticket? Thinking only one night, but have yet to see the AP rate for one night. Cheaper to just buy the BOGO before June 5?

I need more tea.

Glad we went to St Augustine today.........we had beautiful sunshine all day and just got back where the valet guy told us it’s been cloudy all day.....funny to see them all in jackets with the low temps!

St Augustine was beautiful.........breezy, but beautiful.........wish I hadn’t worn a dress ........lol........

Back to cloud and dull skies here........and cool!!!!

Hope everyone’s good..........

Well, my day just got more interesting. We were driving home from school and B noticed a crack in my windshield. I don’t know how or when it got there. It’s already too big for repair, so I get a new windshield on Wednesday.

Can’t believe it is 10 degrees warmer for Sue than it is here. At least it’s sunny and dry today.

I lived in FL for 6 years and never made it to St. Augustine. Maybe some day.

Gotta get B to ballet now and then go to supper.

:wave2: everyone....I left the land of the living for awhile again now I am back, hopefully for awhile:thumbsup2

Everyone got really sick the end of last week and both teens and Brian were home sick. I had a couple of busy days. I was the only one who didn't get sick. This weekend I was able to find some time to bring Liv prom dress shopping and see Captain Marvel. We all enjoyed Captain Marvel and so glad we saw it. The only problem I forgot about sharing straws:sad2::sad1: and now Brian has shard his lovely cold with me. I can feel it starting to emerge. I am going to beef up Vitamin C and Zinc and hope it helps.

Liv found a prom dress in two hours and only two stores :cool1::woohoo:. We started out at a dress shop and whoa way to expensive:eek::eek:. We took a ride to a nice consignment shop I know and there were only 3 dresses in her size but the last one she tried on was perfect. Everyone loved it especially her. It needs a few alterations and a cleaning but otherwise good to go. She only spent $40.00 on it.:thumbsup2 We are going to look for shoes this week. She has a few hair styles to show the hair dresser. It is so nice to see her getting a bit excited for it.

Liv's roller coaster project is about 3/4 done and the group is happy with it so far. Thank goodness Brian helped them with some tough areas.

Liv has decided that she is going to start with an on-line program through a college in Florida. This college has two and four year programs but more two year. The good thing is she is guaranteed into UCF attending this school. She should transfer in with at least a semester of classes to cut some time back. The hope is she will be ready by fall 2020 to start UCF. We think it is a good choice for her. She is having some tough times right now and needs a break from a physical school. She will be able to still work at Target. Now we just have to wait for financial aid and scholarships.

I went to the chiropractor again today and it is continuing to help. I still have good and bad days but more good. It was cold this morning but is warming up. I hope it continues:D

I am cat sitting for a friend for two weeks. I go there twice a day it is about 5 minutes from my house. It is a nice little job and I love her cats.

Schumi I am so glad you have had nice weather and having a great time. Sorry for the bit of a cool spell but hope it warms up again.:thumbsup2

Monykalyn I love the pics with your son and the chicks. How precious:goodvibes He looks like he is enjoying himself.

Robo Glad you had a great time and great pics of the launch. Your favorite wine and some friends what a great way to enjoy yourself:goodvibes

Charade Wow you are brave going on a bus for 12 hours with teens. I don't think I could do it. Our band is going in April too and they drive 18 hours straight through. I hope you have a great time and survive the bus ride.:thumbsup2

Sue Oh a soak in a hot tub sounds great:goodvibes We love hot tubs and plan on putting one in our next house. We do have a really nice and clean hot tub place about an hour from us we go to a couple of times a year. I always make sure our resorts/hotels have a hot tub. I hope you enjoyed it!

Mac I hope the kitty vet appointments went well :thumbsup2. I have a one like that and as soon as she gets in the box she pees.:sad2:. I hope you enjoyed walking dead Sunday. I was able to catch up and watched it I am very pleased with the season. Charlie got a rattlesnake burrito at Taco Bell on Sunday. I hope you are feeling better with your foot:goodvibes

Patty I love the pic with your mom and Joe. Wow it was slow when you first got to the park. I am glad you enjoyed it. I would like to see Toy Story not so sure on the teens. I think they will say it is two child like. I hope you have a great trip visiting with your family and get some nice weather before you leave.

Keishashadow Great idea to book the two places. I have heard great things about WBC. I do the same thing then sleep on it for awhile. I hope the car rental price works out good for you.

Lynne glad you got your air fare booked.:thumbsup2 I use Tony Hinds all the time to and love it. He is great and so worth the price. I hope you stay dry for your event at the zoo this weekend. I know I will be hoping for good weather when our local amusement park opens next month. I hope your tea was good.

Tink1957 Sorry about your car. I know how frustrating it could be to have to wait on other people or businesses to get what you need. I hope the car is fixed and less stress means a better night sleep:goodvibes:goodvibes

Buckeev Welcome back hope you had a great time!

Well I am off to get dinner before the family heads to band practice. I hope everyone is having a great day and night!:thumbsup2

:wave2:to anybody I missed today!

Oh yes, I do have my sunglasses.

Nice for sun:sunny:- been a cloudy, cool one here in Orlando!

I’m looking at the Disney website to see what I want to do when I get there.

Great idea to plan ahead! Getting close now!!:goodvibes

This afternoon doctor appt for cortisone injection in hip for my bursitis eek. He does put freezing in first. But yikes!

Ouch! But the cortisone will help! Had one in my shoulder last year for bursitis. Worked magic almost immediately- and has been perfect since!:)

St Augustine was beautiful.......

So glad- yep dreary day here in Orlando! But no rain- so we're still having fun!:thumbsup2

Everyone got really sick the end of last week and both teens and Brian were home sick. I had a couple of busy days. I was the only one who didn't get sick.

So sorry to hear about sick family! Hope you're all on the mend!! I think the teens would love Toy Story Land!! Troy and my niece had a blast!!

Here they are on Slinky Dog- Troy and my niece, Michelle
thumbnail_IMG_5485.jpg

Joe and Michelle on Alien Saucers:

thumbnail_IMG_5486.jpg

Came back to our villa to nap- heading over to EPCOT this evening. Dinner at Teppan Edo!!:thumbsup2

Hope everyone has a great evening!!

781739582_617075.gif

Looong day, feels like it should be tuesday already.

Wound up hotwiring the anaheim Great Wolf for August trip, all in with resort fees under $1K for 5 nights over pricey Labor Day. The cheapest DLH was nearly $4k...momma didn’t raise no fool. 3 miles away but free shuttle & i’m On a first name basis with uber lol

Lynne - rates quite high again out of the gate back home on SWA for us. At this point i’m Walking lol. Thinking i may just wait out SWA. I’m seeing rates for my July dates on spirit out of LBE where parking is free under $200 RT plus another $50 for 2 bags. Temped to cancel SWA as we have quite the late arrival into MCO, most of it booked on points anyway.

SueM - how’d ur shot go today? Mine turned into a marathon spent Hours at podiatrist. 3rd of 4 shots for my tarsal tunnel/PF. She decided to go off schedule and toss in lidocaine too. Took hours for my insurance to figure that out. I went out to shop for groceries and came back. She always numbs it first with spray, then the shots. There are portions of my foot that are totally numb ala novacaine in mouth...quite strange but feels better than usual. Dr is going thru all the accepted therapies before pulling out the big guns as she put it.

Just four days- quick little jaunt!

Sending well wishes on the vet visit! I understand how hard it is to get kitties in carriers and go on car rides:scared:

Yep- not looking good for sunshine the next few days:(

Thanks!!:)

Sounds interesting!

AWWW!!!

Nice long stays!!:thumbsup2

Yes!!! We're here!! Waking up to a little sun- but warm temps!!:cool1:

Heading off to Trail's End soon for brunch- 15 of us total!! Kyle and Erin are driving up, my niece from NYC came in last night, and we're meeting my niece, nephew, and her 6 kids that live here in Orlando!! Nice family get together!!:goodvibes

:wave2: to anyone I missed!!!

Hope everyone has a great Sunday!!

134d530f747f1175e7cea8f614a1b8eb--happy-sunday-quotes-blessed-sunday.jpg

Hi patty’s mom, what a cutie she is! Love Trail’s end, same chicken (best in ‘da world of disney IMO) as hoop de doo and ‘cheap’ again in ‘da world of disney pricing. My kids booked easter brunch there this year.

Yup, too far away for quick stays! We love Trails End! Both the brunch and dinners! Last Aug we stayed at WL so we did 2 meals at Trails End. I also enjoy walking to the horse barn while we’re there. One time a CM saw us looking in the stalls and offered to bring one of the Percherons out.

Love the chick pics! So cute. Keep watching car rates. They go up and down like a yo-yo. I’ve had best luck with Alamo or Budget and booking thru Costco web site.

I keep thinking I should do the TSA pre check. Called Nexus in Canada. Good for both countries.
I noticed HRH CL doesn’t look as good too, reading the offerings, and comparing it to RPH.

Had lovely brunch today with x workmates. We all worked together for an ophthalmology group. It’s been 34 yrs since we worked together but we’ve all remained good friends ever since!

Off to make burgers for dinner. Mr is going to bbq!

Do you remember what was good on the regular TE brunch?

Rewatching last weeks walking dead
New episode in half an hour

Apologies to Sue but I thought it one of the worst episodes, either I lost satellite or it was both edited and directly poorly. If you are going to all Star Wars Order 66 on kids, go for it, kwim? There’s always next week...have thought it’s been stellar up to this point of season.

Happy Monday!! Early start today- went to Early Morning Magic at Hollywood Studios. Went on the new Toy Story rides!!! So fun!

View attachment 388968

View attachment 388971

View attachment 388973

By the time we left Toy Story Land at 9:10 am this was the back of the Slinky Dog line. Ended at One Mans Dream!! Yikes!!
View attachment 388974

Holy heck, Revenge of (spring break) Strikes Back:duck:

I’m bored. So far not much to do today. I’m looking at the Disney website to see what I want to do when I get there.

Nothing really interesting happened over the weekend except we chose our deck color. Now we just need to find a good time for them to come do the staining.

I’m now just waiting for my lunch break. Chick-fil-A has a new frosted lime drink that I want to try.

Busy day at the Studios. Here’s some wait times:

View attachment 389029 View attachment 389030

I don’t think the Star Tours time is legible? It’s 55 minutes.

Off to Mama Melrose for lunch!! Yum- pasta!!

Glad we went to St Augustine today.........we had beautiful sunshine all day and just got back where the valet guy told us it’s been cloudy all day.....funny to see them all in jackets with the low temps!

St Augustine was beautiful.........breezy, but beautiful.........wish I hadn’t worn a dress ........lol........

Back to cloud and dull skies here........and cool!!!!

Hope everyone’s good..........

You’ve got to do one of those ghost tours, so I can live vicariously lol

Well, my day just got more interesting. We were driving home from school and B noticed a crack in my windshield. I don’t know how or when it got there. It’s already too big for repair, so I get a new windshield on Wednesday.

Can’t believe it is 10 degrees warmer for Sue than it is here. At least it’s sunny and dry today.

I lived in FL for 6 years and never made it to St. Augustine. Maybe some day.

Gotta get B to ballet now and then go to supper.

Sooo, what color for the deck?

Oh geez that stinks on windshield, you get hit with a deductible?

:wave2: everyone....I left the land of the living for awhile again now I am back, hopefully for awhile:thumbsup2

Everyone got really sick the end of last week and both teens and Brian were home sick. I had a couple of busy days. I was the only one who didn't get sick. This weekend I was able to find some time to bring Liv prom dress shopping and see Captain Marvel. We all enjoyed Captain Marvel and so glad we saw it. The only problem I forgot about sharing straws:sad2::sad1: and now Brian has shard his lovely cold with me. I can feel it starting to emerge. I am going to beef up Vitamin C and Zinc and hope it helps.

Liv found a prom dress in two hours and only two stores :cool1::woohoo:. We started out at a dress shop and whoa way to expensive:eek::eek:. We took a ride to a nice consignment shop I know and there were only 3 dresses in her size but the last one she tried on was perfect. Everyone loved it especially her. It needs a few alterations and a cleaning but otherwise good to go. She only spent $40.00 on it.:thumbsup2 We are going to look for shoes this week. She has a few hair styles to show the hair dresser. It is so nice to see her getting a bit excited for it.

Liv's roller coaster project is about 3/4 done and the group is happy with it so far. Thank goodness Brian helped them with some tough areas.

Liv has decided that she is going to start with an on-line program through a college in Florida. This college has two and four year programs but more two year. The good thing is she is guaranteed into UCF attending this school. She should transfer in with at least a semester of classes to cut some time back. The hope is she will be ready by fall 2020 to start UCF. We think it is a good choice for her. She is having some tough times right now and needs a break from a physical school. She will be able to still work at Target. Now we just have to wait for financial aid and scholarships.

I went to the chiropractor again today and it is continuing to help. I still have good and bad days but more good. It was cold this morning but is warming up. I hope it continues:D

I am cat sitting for a friend for two weeks. I go there twice a day it is about 5 minutes from my house. It is a nice little job and I love her cats.

Schumi I am so glad you have had nice weather and having a great time. Sorry for the bit of a cool spell but hope it warms up again.:thumbsup2

Monykalyn I love the pics with your son and the chicks. How precious:goodvibes He looks like he is enjoying himself.

Robo Glad you had a great time and great pics of the launch. Your favorite wine and some friends what a great way to enjoy yourself:goodvibes

Charade Wow you are brave going on a bus for 12 hours with teens. I don't think I could do it. Our band is going in April too and they drive 18 hours straight through. I hope you have a great time and survive the bus ride.:thumbsup2

Sue Oh a soak in a hot tub sounds great:goodvibes We love hot tubs and plan on putting one in our next house. We do have a really nice and clean hot tub place about an hour from us we go to a couple of times a year. I always make sure our resorts/hotels have a hot tub. I hope you enjoyed it!

Mac I hope the kitty vet appointments went well :thumbsup2. I have a one like that and as soon as she gets in the box she pees.:sad2:. I hope you enjoyed walking dead Sunday. I was able to catch up and watched it I am very pleased with the season. Charlie got a rattlesnake burrito at Taco Bell on Sunday. I hope you are feeling better with your foot:goodvibes

Patty I love the pic with your mom and Joe. Wow it was slow when you first got to the park. I am glad you enjoyed it. I would like to see Toy Story not so sure on the teens. I think they will say it is two child like. I hope you have a great trip visiting with your family and get some nice weather before you leave.

Keishashadow Great idea to book the two places. I have heard great things about WBC. I do the same thing then sleep on it for awhile. I hope the car rental price works out good for you.

Lynne glad you got your air fare booked.:thumbsup2 I use Tony Hinds all the time to and love it. He is great and so worth the price. I hope you stay dry for your event at the zoo this weekend. I know I will be hoping for good weather when our local amusement park opens next month. I hope your tea was good.

Tink1957 Sorry about your car. I know how frustrating it could be to have to wait on other people or businesses to get what you need. I hope the car is fixed and less stress means a better night sleep:goodvibes:goodvibes

Buckeev Welcome back hope you had a great time!

Well I am off to get dinner before the family heads to band practice. I hope everyone is having a great day and night!:thumbsup2

:wave2:to anybody I missed today!

Could never decide if it was a good thing to have all down sick at the same time or not, but sure is a lot of work.

If i go with WBC will post some pics, somewhere

Nice for sun:sunny:- been a cloudy, cool one here in Orlando!

Great idea to plan ahead! Getting close now!!:goodvibes

Ouch! But the cortisone will help! Had one in my shoulder last year for bursitis. Worked magic almost immediately- and has been perfect since!:)

So glad- yep dreary day here in Orlando! But no rain- so we're still having fun!:thumbsup2

So sorry to hear about sick family! Hope you're all on the mend!! I think the teens would love Toy Story Land!! Troy and my niece had a blast!!

Here they are on Slinky Dog- Troy and my niece, Michelle
View attachment 389075

Joe and Michelle on Alien Saucers:

View attachment 389076

Came back to our villa to nap- heading over to EPCOT this evening. Dinner at Teppan Edo!!:thumbsup2

Hope everyone has a great evening!!

781739582_617075.gif

TE was a miss for us last visit, usually really liked it. Mini review please

I’m not sure if I’m brave or insane. If I don’t take the bus then I would have to drive myself and I certainly don’t want to do that. I suppose I could fly, but that would get really expensive.

Wow, what a great deal on the dress. I ordered B’s dress and it still hasn’t arrived. She’s getting really anxious about it.

Wound up hotwiring the anaheim Great Wolf for August trip, all in with resort fees under $1K for 5 nights over pricey Labor Day. The cheapest DLH was nearly $4k...momma didn’t raise no fool. 3 miles away but free shuttle & i’m On a first name basis with uber lol

Good job on that rate!!:thumbsup2

Hi patty’s mom, what a cutie she is! Love Trail’s end, same chicken (best in ‘da world of disney IMO) as hoop de doo and ‘cheap’ again in ‘da world of disney pricing. My kids booked easter brunch there this year.

Yes- Mom's a gem!!:) 86 and doing pretty good!! We were at the park this morning by 7:30 am and we left EPCOT at 11 pm. We all took a break and had a nap this afternoon, but still was a very long day!

Easter Brunch at Trail's End- wonderful!!

Do you remember what was good on the regular TE brunch?

They had a wonderful selection!! The breakfast potatoes, bread pudding, pulled pork with poached eggs, pasta with spinach, tomatoes and alfredo sauce- all yummy!! Biscuits w/ gravy, fried chicken.... Lemon raspberry trifle-yum!! Our whole gang of 15 were all happy with the food choices!! :)

TE was a miss for us last visit, usually really liked it. Mini review please

We had a great dinner at Teppan Edo!! Had an 8:50 ADR and didn't finish until 10:30- weren't rushed at all!! Joe had filet mignon, I had scallops, my niece Michelle had tofu. Troy and my mom had noodles with veggies. Our chef was very fun!! His knife juggling was spectacular- and only inches away from me! :eek: For dessert Joe and I split the mango mousse cake- oh my so good!! Wished I had my own piece!:rolleyes1

thumbnail_IMG_5546.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_5544.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_5537.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_5538.jpg

I’m not sure if I’m brave or insane.

:laughing: It'll be a fun time!!

We were one of the last people to leave EPCOT tonight. It was so peaceful walking alone with all the music playing! Here's a few pics of park close to complement the park open pics at DHS from this morning:

thumbnail_IMG_5553.jpg thumbnail_IMG_5563.jpg thumbnail_IMG_5568.jpg thumbnail_IMG_5574.jpg thumbnail_IMG_5579.jpg thumbnail_IMG_5585.jpg thumbnail_IMG_5587.jpg

Time for some wine and bed! Had a great day!!

Tomorrow, breakfast at Boma and the afternoon with my niece Heather and her family!

Thanks everyone for the pep talks about the injection! I’m feeling kinda under the weather today. Woke up with sinus pain, vague throat irritation and headache. So I head off to my doctor. Check in and wait to be called. Girl called me and asks, do I have the injection with me. Eek! I totally forgot to pick it up at the pharmacy. Luckily my pharmacy is next door, and I asked him a few days ago to have it ready for me today. With some vaccines we have to go pick it up at pharmacy and bring it to the doctor for injection. Guess the doctor can’t carry every injection there is and keep in stock. So went to pick up and came back to doctor. Brain not firing on all cylinders today! He gives it with lidocaine so it was less painful than I expected. I read up on it, and they say after freezing wears off it may still take a few days to work. My doctor said usually he has to do a second one in a couple of weeks.

Lynne, yes crazy weather. Still bits of snow on the ground but temps are warming up. Hope yours warms up too!
Got air for our April/May done. Used my Alaska companion fare for daughter. One trip down, 2 to go! Lol. At least hotels are all booked for the 3 trips. It is too bad we won’t have a chance to meet up. But some peeps are staying till end of Sept I think? No HHN nights for me, lol.

PattyW, those wait times are crazy! I hope you’re able to get FPs. Just wait till Galaxies Edge opens, yikes. I think I’m crazy for going to DL after it opens. It will be a couple of months but crowds will be nuts all year I think. But only time oldest can go.
Great pics! Love Boma and Teppan Edo. Have a Zebra Dome for me!

Schumi you mean you didn’t have your hem weighted down like The Queen? Lol. I’ve always wanted to go to St. Augustine. How long did it take from Orlando?

Charade, sorry about windshield crack. I got one once from a truck in front of me and tire kicked back a pebble that hit my windshield. It didn’t crack yet, but the ding was right in my field of vision.
Supposed to get even warmer here tomorrow.

Bobbie yes the hot tub felt good, esp now that I’m also feeing like a cold is coming. Hope we’re both feeling better soon.

Keishashadow at Trails End Breakfast I liked the BACON, lol, sausage, eggs benny, grits, breakfast potato, Mickey waffles, I think there was pulled pork, and French toast pudding. One time there was brisket, may have been on the weekend. I think they have their usual staples, but other thinks may be rotated in and out.

I liked the Dead episode. I liked getting the back story on Michone and Daryl. And what happened that made them how they were after time jump. More reclusive and breaking off from the other communities. There was a lot of jumping back and forth from past to present. But I like that kind of stuff!

It’s almost 1:00 am here. Going to try for some sleep.

images

Sick bay alerts! Ohh, so sorry to hear Bobbie, and family was sick. Sending mummy dust you recover quick. Great score on the dress. Resale here is not good with evening wear, or the prices, well, might just find bit more expensive on a great sale. Little one's dress was marked down by half, then I had a 30 percent coupon I could use. Was within the budget I had put. Shoes she had bought from Norstrom Rack, on clearance, during their clear the rack sale. So, marked down, then 25 percent more. I know she can wear them again. Dress is very dark blue, and shoes are black with those fancy crystals. I'm going to see if my SIL thinks a bit of hemming needed. Otherwise, dress fits her perfect. I think we are done shopping?

Sick bay alert! Oh Sue, hoping you feel much better, both in sinuses/head/throat, and your knee. Great you have the first of your airfare done. Nice you could use that companion fare. And yep, crazy weather. 32 degree commute. Oooh, I could see my breath. Well, at least no snow to be seen, as news at 4:30 am today, said only seeing wet South of the City, and I'm NE of it. The sky is a reddish color, so maybe even some sun today. And tonight, what? Mid March, and 20 degrees is the low. Brrrr.

Charade, that desk color sounds nice. Hope it turns out nice, and lasts for years. Ack, about your windshield. I have a nice chunk taken in the very bottom, middle on my old car, when on the highway, I thought someone shot at me. I am guessing it was a rock from the truck in front of me. Thankfully, that was many years ago, and the windshield still does not have to be replaced. I had to replace a side door one, long ago, but to this day, we have services that come to you. Eh, I would not drive myself either. Yep, earphones and some lovely music and/or video will help. Yeah, I hear ya, Spring break airfare from here is high, like even higher than I had during the winter holidays. Still looking at mid June. Pricey.

Keisha, great score for the hotel, and I am sure the kids will like the inside of the hotel too, besides going to the park. 3 miles is not that far. Eek, for that number to stay onsite. Sometimes Hotwire is good. I haven't used them in some time. I mostly like to know what I am getting. I hear ya for SW airfare. Since you almost now have to pay for saving a spot in line, even higher price. I try hard to stick with SW, but the number of direct flights are getting less and less, and not ideal times. But since the direct trip is around 2 and 1/2 hours, why I want to even do one stop, the time would double is so annoying. At least I could use my credit from my last December trip. Though for now, the prices seem to be around what I see for end of September into October, so I was happy to get that done.

Mac, hope the cats did fine at the vets. And remember, it's a Tuesday. Taco Bell run today?

With that the sun is a huge orange ball on the horizon. That means tea is needed, so late homies. Stay well, safe, and warm.
images
Hello -
images

Sue, it takes around 2 hours to get to St Augustine.........plenty of parking around too. We paid $15 in a car park right in the centre beside St George St where you want to be.....beautiful city.

Lynne you have sunshine.......excellent!! Hope it’s not too cold and enjoy that tea!

We have rain this morning........was planning Mount Dora then Mall at Milllenia......might do it the other way around as rain is to go off up there around lunchtime......it’s to rain here in Orlando all day........can’t complain as it’s the first real rain we’ve had.........

It’s to warm back up again Thursday and Friday..........look forward to that.......

Haven’t caught all posts but hope everyone’s good........heading off to Club Lounge for breakfast.....then who knows today..........:wave2:

Oh my! Crazy weather for March. Supposed to get into 70s today and tomorrow! Wish I had my lounger on the patio out. But our summer furniture still packed away until Mr does the pressure washing outside. Still feeling yucky this morning. But hate to be sick on such a beautiful day. Maybe a walk around the block will help clear me up.

Youngest coming over today to pick up my Dyson I’m giving her. And an early dinner so she can get back to her place and do her papers, etc it’s her crunch time. Last semester. Ends early April. I think she’ll want to stay away from me! Don’t want her to get sick, when it’s finals time.

Schumi - not a bad drive. Such a historic town. I haven’t really explored northern Florida. Only from Key West up to Orlando.

Lynne hang in there. 20s over night eek. You’re temps are always colder than us. Brrrr.

Have a fun Taco Tues! I think I’m going to hibernate and take some cold meds. I’m glad nothing much planned this week. So I can be sick in peace. lol. Head hurts too much. Next week is busy.

Last edited:
First time ever had the insomnia side effect from shots. Less than 3 hours and i am literallly bussing. Already made dinner and brownies. Off for senior discount day at ross :). DH asked me kindly not to make any large purchases in my altered state lol

Mr got his precheck # early today, yea. I having a great time grilling him :stir:as to if whether was anything in his life before me he wanted to share that would disqualify. Gotta get those chuckles where you can

The color is called Cape Cod Red. https://www.sherwin-williams.com/ho...rs/paint-colors-by-family/SW3020-cape-cod-red

I have a $250 deductible. I supposed it could be worse.

It could always be worse. I had to pay my standard deductible last time i had issue as it was larger than allowable size to fill the spot too

That’s the shade we go with typically, tends to fade a least a shade in a year but then holds steady for many more.

BTW one of my DS is a technician who mixes the large container bases for the SW stains/paints

Good job on that rate!!:thumbsup2

Yes- Mom's a gem!!:) 86 and doing pretty good!! We were at the park this morning by 7:30 am and we left EPCOT at 11 pm. We all took a break and had a nap this afternoon, but still was a very long day!

Easter Brunch at Trail's End- wonderful!!

They had a wonderful selection!! The breakfast potatoes, bread pudding, pulled pork with poached eggs, pasta with spinach, tomatoes and alfredo sauce- all yummy!! Biscuits w/ gravy, fried chicken.... Lemon raspberry trifle-yum!! Our whole gang of 15 were all happy with the food choices!! :)

We had a great dinner at Teppan Edo!! Had an 8:50 ADR and didn't finish until 10:30- weren't rushed at all!! Joe had filet mignon, I had scallops, my niece Michelle had tofu. Troy and my mom had noodles with veggies. Our chef was very fun!! His knife juggling was spectacular- and only inches away from me! :eek: For dessert Joe and I split the mango mousse cake- oh my so good!! Wished I had my own piece!:rolleyes1

View attachment 389102
View attachment 389103

View attachment 389104

View attachment 389105

:laughing: It'll be a fun time!!

Good to hear TE was back in fine form! I am day dreaming about the TE trifle lol
images

Sick bay alerts! Ohh, so sorry to hear Bobbie, and family was sick. Sending mummy dust you recover quick. Great score on the dress. Resale here is not good with evening wear, or the prices, well, might just find bit more expensive on a great sale. Little one's dress was marked down by half, then I had a 30 percent coupon I could use. Was within the budget I had put. Shoes she had bought from Norstrom Rack, on clearance, during their clear the rack sale. So, marked down, then 25 percent more. I know she can wear them again. Dress is very dark blue, and shoes are black with those fancy crystals. I'm going to see if my SIL thinks a bit of hemming needed. Otherwise, dress fits her perfect. I think we are done shopping?

Sick bay alert! Oh Sue, hoping you feel much better, both in sinuses/head/throat, and your knee. Great you have the first of your airfare done. Nice you could use that companion fare. And yep, crazy weather. 32 degree commute. Oooh, I could see my breath. Well, at least no snow to be seen, as news at 4:30 am today, said only seeing wet South of the City, and I'm NE of it. The sky is a reddish color, so maybe even some sun today. And tonight, what? Mid March, and 20 degrees is the low. Brrrr.

Charade, that desk color sounds nice. Hope it turns out nice, and lasts for years. Ack, about your windshield. I have a nice chunk taken in the very bottom, middle on my old car, when on the highway, I thought someone shot at me. I am guessing it was a rock from the truck in front of me. Thankfully, that was many years ago, and the windshield still does not have to be replaced. I had to replace a side door one, long ago, but to this day, we have services that come to you. Eh, I would not drive myself either. Yep, earphones and some lovely music and/or video will help. Yeah, I hear ya, Spring break airfare from here is high, like even higher than I had during the winter holidays. Still looking at mid June. Pricey.

Keisha, great score for the hotel, and I am sure the kids will like the inside of the hotel too, besides going to the park. 3 miles is not that far. Eek, for that number to stay onsite. Sometimes Hotwire is good. I haven't used them in some time. I mostly like to know what I am getting. I hear ya for SW airfare. Since you almost now have to pay for saving a spot in line, even higher price. I try hard to stick with SW, but the number of direct flights are getting less and less, and not ideal times. But since the direct trip is around 2 and 1/2 hours, why I want to even do one stop, the time would double is so annoying. At least I could use my credit from my last December trip. Though for now, the prices seem to be around what I see for end of September into October, so I was happy to get that done.

Mac, hope the cats did fine at the vets. And remember, it's a Tuesday. Taco Bell run today?

With that the sun is a huge orange ball on the horizon. That means tea is needed, so late homies. Stay well, safe, and warm.
images
Hello -
images

It’s always nice to have SWA credits in your pocket! I didn’t factor in the EBIC into my calculations either. Spirit just makes me nervous when you really have to be somewhere as they typically only offer 1 flight a day from each of the local airports into MCO.

@Schumi I was surprised to learn that Lindsay is gone from the Club lounge. I know she had aspirations to move up but the reply I got was "she is no longer with the company."

@Schumi I was surprised to learn that Lindsay is gone from the Club lounge. I know she had aspirations to move up but the reply I got was "she is no longer with the company."

Yes, she’s not with Loews anymore, she’s doing ok though.

There are a few other changes going on right now in the lounge. Few folks moving to other departments and a few new faces.

Our lovely Samuel is being promoted and Elida is moving to the front desk. Will miss both of them a lot!!!!

Still sorry to miss ya, but end of September into October is usually my time. See, end of Fiscal Year is the end of September. So, not much doing until new money loaded, and that takes at least a week. Plus, the holiday is usually within the first 2 weeks of October.

And hey, does it make sense to buy the buy one get one free HHN ticket? Thinking only one night, but have yet to see the AP rate for one night. Cheaper to just buy the BOGO before June 5?

I need more tea.

I'm trying to decide how to do my hhn tickets this year.
The bogo is something I am trying to figure out for this year if it would work for me.

In past years I buy the pass that covers all of hhn including Fridays and the add on ep.
I only am planning of doing 5 nights of hhn this year and planning on two nights of booking a tour.

Last year they did not release the price costs for tickets until the bogo special was no longer available.

Weather is cold for me today.
I think I have become a wimp to temps lower than 60....

Hi everyone Just a quick :car:. You can add me to the sick bay. I’ve had an upset stomach all day, so no taco Tuesday for me. I’m hoping this is just a 24 hour thing.

I got an email from B’s dance studio tonight. They are offering a performance opportunity to dancers at the intermediate level and up. It’s June 30 at Disney Springs. I’m sure B will want to go, but I don’t think that will happen. I would consider it if we hadn’t already planned a trip to California earlier in June.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter