Something About Nothing ... #12

Robo is chipper this morning. I hope your doctor says you are much better. Sending some mummy dust you get good news, and have a much relaxing R&R. No jinxing. Get back on that bike.

Well, grumpy little one. Woke her around 8:30 and she is still complaining. Watching World Cup game. Then we may go the zoo, cute giraffe born June 10th, now out to see with his momma. Almost 6 feet tall, now at 2 weeks old.

Then shopping, more little one style. And out to lunch. Burgers are her go to meal.

Enjoy this cloudy and cooler Friday. Sending good thoughts that all homies have a fun Friday, and an awesome weekend.

Good morning. Hopefully today will be a better day. I slept until almost 10:00 today. I guess I really needed it.

This morning I’m going eyeglass shopping. I have a new prescription and I think it’s time for new frames. The ones I have are brown tortoiseshell. I’m thinkig of getting something brighter this time.

First to all of us touched by losses from suicide:grouphug: We are all here to share the good times and the trying times!

Happy TGIF!! Getting packed up! Our flight leaves at 5:15 today! Yay!!

Will check in tomorrow from HRH!! planning to go to EPCOT too- get to see the kid at work!!

Hope everyone has a good day!

upload_2018-6-22_11-11-58.jpeg

Well maybe I was half right about pattyw
She could be sipping rum now before she hits Orlando early evening

Have a safe flight pattyw!

Well maybe I was half right about pattyw
She could be sipping rum now before she hits Orlando early evening

Have a safe flight pattyw!

No rum yet Mac- have to do last minute packing and clean -up. The cats don't listen when I say " I just cleaned can you keep it that way for a while?"!

I have some Southwest drink coupons so definitely will make use of those this evening!!

Oh I almost forgot- Charade- I love Caspian's selfie!!

love the memes this am Robo-hope the dr gives you good news.
woohoo to Pattyw and orlando (again lol). Think I am going to have DD book us a Pop preferred room for August. Want POFQ but it is either that or September trip-I choose another trip! and I enjoy Pop.

Charade-I finally broke down and got new glasses a couple years ago-my prescription had changed so much that I just couldn't use old ones anymore-I only wear them at evening before bed and am before I stick contacts in, but nice having option now if I don't want to put contacts in til later.

Cloudy this am so the hens weren't quite scolding me as loud this am. Should video that one morning-its so funny!

Looking forward to weekend at home-bailed on float trip. Next weekend we are going to Lake - friends from Iowa will be there and we haven't seen them in years. Then weekend after will be getting ready to go to Chicago.

Car started to overheat a couple days ago-DH took it in this am (due for oil change) and couldn't find a leak or anything-was low on fluid in radiator (again). Said to just keep eye on it and keep fluids topped off.

Love the kitty selfie! Had to delete about 30 goofy selfies from my son when he apparently go ahold of my phone...

TGIF!!

Patty - Have a great trip!

Robo - Good luck at the dr!

Not much going on with me today. Did some errands since eldest needed some things for his big scout summer trip in about a week. I don't remember where exactly they are going other than they will be driving up to start their adventure in North Carolina and will end up in Washington DC at some point. He got his clearance for the white house tour. Hopefully he'll keep his jokes about bribing the chef to himself while he's there. I think there's also some zip lining going on at some point and some other dangerous stuff I signed a waiver for. Maybe it's good I don't remember all they are doing. Otherwise, a quiet day at home doing school work and relaxing. Hubby gets to see the new Jurassic Park movie at Universal during work today. So he'll have a more relaxing day than me. Not much planned this weekend so likely errands and cleaning tomorrow. Have mine train fast passes for Sunday night so hoping to spend a few hours at MK.

Good evening everyone.

Cute selfie from your cat, Charade.

Oh I almost forgot- Charade- I love Caspian's selfie!!

Caspian had the best picture
Smart kitty to get that pic !

Love the kitty selfie!

Thank you. I had the camera turned toward him to see if he would react to his image. He hit the phone with his paw and that was he result.

Charade-I finally broke down and got new glasses a couple years ago-my prescription had changed so much that I just couldn't use old ones anymore-I only wear them at evening before bed and am before I stick contacts in, but nice having option now if I don't want to put contacts in til later.

I used to wea contacts, but then my eyes started getting dry and causing problems. I finally just gave them up and went back to glasses full time.

Not much going on with me today. Did some errands since eldest needed some things for his big scout summer trip in about a week. I don't remember where exactly they are going other than they will be driving up to start their adventure in North Carolina and will end up in Washington DC at some point. He got his clearance for the white house tour. Hopefully he'll keep his jokes about bribing the chef to himself while he's there. I think there's also some zip lining going on at some point and some other dangerous stuff I signed a waiver for. Maybe it's good I don't remember all they are doing.

Sounds like a tip B would love. I prefer not to know about the high adventure activities.

We had a full day today. We drove out to Roanoke (an hour away) and I ordered my glasses. Next was a late lunch at Red Robin. While we were waiting for a table I overheard a woman complaining because there was a lack of vegetarian options. After lunch we wandered around the mall for a while. I bought a book. Next we decided to go see The Incredibles. Great movie. We ended the day at Duck Donuts.
nex06h.jpg

Well I am about to ask DD to drive us to Dunkin donuts to get some for tomorrow (I have been indulging in spiked arnold palmers on my deck:D). Really wanting donuts now-bonus that Pineapple Whip is right there in parking lot as well...(far far superior to the dole whip in the parks).
I think there's also some zip lining going on at some point and some other dangerous stuff I signed a waiver for
:rotfl:right? to read some of these waivers one would think an ambulance is on standby! Sounds like a fun trip though.

I used to wea contacts, but then my eyes started getting dry and causing problems. I finally just gave them up and went back to glasses full time.
Have you tried contacts recently? Short version-I have issues with my eyes getting enough oxygen and the newer contacts are made of a material that breathe so much better-I am in monthly change contacts for first time! I used to have to toss 2 week use contacts around 10 day mark to keep my eyes healthy.

Watching "Who's line is it anyway?" on deck, fan going to keep bugs away but it is amazingly pleasant out and the fan blowing is-dare I say it?-almost chilly.
Cuddle chicken joined me for quite awhile, and diva chicken took over her own chair. Dog sound asleep in middle of yard. Spider spinning a web in corner around my plantar of geraniums (little guy-not doing a good job at all of catching the mosquitoes or flies). Used to have a huge albino spider by the coop - havent seen him in awhile-wonder if chickens ate him? Would explain why there is more flies around. Hate spiders if you want-they do a good job of keeping undesirable bug population down...especially if you have chickens!

Does @pattyw have her rum yet?

Have you tried contacts recently? Short version-I have issues with my eyes getting enough oxygen and the newer contacts are made of a material that breathe so much better-I am in monthly change contacts for first time! I used to have to toss 2 week use contacts around 10 day mark to keep my eyes healthy.
I haven’t worn contacts in several years. Maybe I should try them again. B wears the daily disposables. Very convenient, but pricey.

Watching "Who's line is it anyway?"
I love that show. DH and I used to be on a bowling team called Whose Lane is it Anyway.

:umbrella: It is a rainy Saturday here. Quiet. DH left for work, older one is still house sitting, so it me up, yelled at little one to get up 1/2 hour ago, need to holler again. She went to her friend’s after work. We went to bed before she came home.

I need tea, and a bullhorn.::yes::

Enjoy your Saturday, the first of this summer. So may your coffee and tea be hot, and the wine flowing.

Good Morning Robo, I hope you got good news from your doctor yesterday. Sending more good thoughts and prayers.

Patty is waking up from sleeping in a far away bed. Have an awesome time, and beautiful weather.

Last few days here spent getting rid of what the series of awful storms have left behind. DS basement was full of muddy water. That is quite the process to get that cleaned & sanitized yuck. Waiting for the realtor he used to provide him with the information for the one year of ‘free’ homeowners coverage for his new home. Central AC looks DOA, maybe a surge? He’s slowly melting poor kid. Welcome to the joys of home ownership sonny :)

A woman died being swept away, as were several cars throughout the area. Was weird, first time I can ever remember that it wasn’t rising river or stream waters involved in majority of incidents. Like my son, those who live on the mountain slopes had flooding from just basic rain runoff from overtaxed sanitary sewers. Water running down the hillsides thru the open spaces like waterfalls/rapids. Crazy

On a positive note, we have a week till we hit the road for MCO! I’m still switching WDW parks/FP+/ADRs Helter Skelter :)

Carole is roaming the moors, beware the werewolf

Thanks for all the well wishes everyone :grouphug: and especially for my nurse friend Robbie :hug:It's not too bad and I got a tetanus shot last year when the cat chewed up my hand so it's all good. I avoid doctors when possible...nothing a nice shot of Jack won't cure :D
I'll use a ladder next time or better yet get my 6'3" son to do it since he can reach the ceiling without assistance.

I'd like to see a picture of your sloth shirt Charade, I'll bet it's cute.
A nice shot of Jack? Sure, why not...
B69E8F8B-D4E0-4232-B78E-984E9BADA742.jpeg

Tink- Hope you're better today and that the "support" that Robo and I gave you helped!!::yes::

Charade- Love the sloth shirt!!

Happy Tuesday all!

Here's one for you, Charade! Isn't he cute??

images

Hehe be careful what you google with sloths, some of the memes are seriously filthy-funny.

:grouphug: for you charade

Many of us have been down that road also so we know how devasting it can be for those loved ones left behind.
I went off the boards last week for a few days when I was notified when my cousin used a gun to end her life.
Time will help ease your grief.

Continued hugs, believe the departed wouldn’t want those left behind to suffer in their wake.

My hero.....Homer and his donut fetish.

Father of the year

For charade, my Kneester Mac, Lynne, Monyk, Tink and all our other homies here who’s lives have been touched and saddened by the suicide of family members or friends, my arms reach out to you all in prayers and hugs :grouphug: it is a grief beyond understanding as our family well knows also.

It is a life changing event with unanswered questions for those left behind.

Your Sans family are here for you :grouphug:

Unfortunately, not something most can easily accept or wrap their heads around. I pray for all those who have been touched by this

Thank for your prayers Kneester.

Hoping to get away for some R&R.....with all that has happened trying not to jinx the possibilities.

See Doc this morning.

Will send you a email later.

Hope things were encouraging! The rain needs to end

Pattyw should be in Orlando now

I bet she will be sipping some rum today
:drinking1

Surely the place for it :)
First to all of us touched by losses from suicide:grouphug: We are all here to share the good times and the trying times!

Happy TGIF!! Getting packed up! Our flight leaves at 5:15 today! Yay!!

Will check in tomorrow from HRH!! planning to go to EPCOT too- get to see the kid at work!!

Hope everyone has a good day!

View attachment 331787

Stop at the frozen margarita booth, you’ll only need one to get the job done :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter