Something About Nothing............ #14

🥓? Bacon, ooh I so wish I was at Schumi’s this morning.

I too can’t sleep late. Was up by 6:30, but nice not to be moving fast. Made some eggs and toast, and yep, did bacon too. Will leave some for the kids. Or not. Most places around here, including the grocery stores, are generally open most of the day.

And yay, no cooking dinner for me. Was given choices of what to bring, so will stop at the grocery store before strolling in for a nice meal. And birthday cake and ice cream is the dessert. Yep, we will be celebrating my DM’s birthday. A great way to say hello to the new year.

Well, it will be back to routine tomorrow. But yay, then on leave for over a week. Absolutely a perfect way to end the holiday fun.

With that, good morning homies. May all have many happy times in 2020, and hope this year will find all in good health.

Why hello tea. Such a perfect morning. ::yes::

You’d have been welcome!! There’s always plenty of bacon at our home....

Sounds like a lovely day ahead with family Lynne.....and your mum’s birthday, that is something special. It’s ice cream later for me too.....they like all the fancy and very sweet desserts.......I’ve made some strawberry ice cream and a little coconut too.

No stores open here today......well, some of the smaller branches of grocery stores........no interest in going out today since we don‘t have to. Back to normal tomorrow.

And your trip is just around the corner!! This is one of the best times as the trip approaches.......you all must be so excited! Have a lovely day....

Just passing time here waiting for friends.......shouldn’t be long till they arrive......they’re like us.....never late.

It is such a beautiful day, but very chilly.......we did take a walk down this morning to Tom‘s man cave (large shed) where him and our tree guy have been brewing more home made wine......it’s coming along nicely, but our guy takes most of it away.......he loves it!!

Glad we’re not planning to watch tv today.....had a quick look and there’s nothing on. There very rarely is of course.

It doesn’t feel like a Wednesday.........

The smell of bacon is the best way to start the new year!
Thanks Schumi!

Last night went to Taco Bell
They were out of crunchy shells for the tacos so left
There is a Taco Bell in the town next to us and got our food there
No shortage of supplies there

Hope we see more homies checking in here today
I’m counting noses so we don’t lose any of you

If you are new here and reading along, drop in anytime as we ♥️ adding to our SANs family!

Mmm, bacon! Thanks, @schumigirl.

Glad to see Taco Tuesday was a success!

I hope everyone had a good night out, or slept well. If not, hope you have a relaxing day, or get to have a nap.

I didn’t sleep really ever fall asleep when I got home. I eventually gave up and got up at 7, but I’ll manage. I was surprised how well things turned out last night. Taking the back route worked perfectly and there was plenty of parking for us at Poly which was a surprise. We also walked to GF since my friend never been inside before going to Kona and watch the fireworks.

That’s awesome, Dix. Glad you enjoyed the night out, and beautiful picture.

Oh, and so fitting Mac had a Taco Bell run yesterday, Taco Tuesday.

Bu you know what? Yep, that means today is a Wednesday.
33D8824E-ADC1-4268-9305-E3DD317FB109.jpeg03221790-1AB4-42C8-8510-FF1AF891EA7B.jpeg

Yep, get over this hump of a day, and well the new decade starts and Friday will be here before ya know it.

Hmm, both kids have yet to make a noise. Loud music may be playing soon. No sleeping the day away. Hmmmm.

Happy New Year (again) everyone. I think today is going to be a day of errands. I'm going to start by eliminating the gray in my hair. I also plan to do a little shopping. I got a Kohl's gift card for Christmas and could really use some new socks. I also need to pick up a package I had delivered to a local store. The other think I need to do is back up our desktop computer. We don't really use it much anymore, but when i was using it yeaterday I noticed that it is really slow. I worry that it may crash soon.

Ah, bacon. Love to eat it. Hate to cook it. I wokw up late today, so I think I will go straight to lunch.

Sue - Hope you were able to get back to sleep.

Lynne - Happy birthday to your mom.

Disxuni - Happy to hear you had a nice NYE without any parking or traffic challenges.

Hello Mac, Schumi, and anyone else who stops by.

Happy new year all!! Been having trouble with new, fancy router/modem bleech hate typing on phone but here I am

jr not better yet, got worse & wound up in ER all day Saturday. MultipleI’ve bags of fluids & meds. I’m calling him patient zero

went back to work last 2 days. Not the best idea butsomething they have tolive & learn

shall we say I felt nauseous and ran through to our kitchen and I threw up and somehow managed to hit every wall and window in what was a huge kitchen.........I had to call him at work to come home and clean it up......:blush::blush::blush::blush: I couldn’t even think about it never mind go in the room.......bless him! Yes, he has the cast iron stomach of the two of us.......
Exorcist lol
Today I did my annual Hallmark ornament shopping. I usually go straight to the Hallmark store, but it didn't open until 9:00 and i had to be at work then.
I scored several marvel & Disney 2 set types online at jcp this year right before holidays. Big hit with all Nicer than expected, should’ve grabbed a few for us
Am I crazy in thinking of possibly going to Universal this weekend? Considering I usually like to do EE and stay only until around noon, or early afternoon I think it might be doable?
Nope u r there a good walk if nothing else. U always less people than Disney. My only complaint is crowd flow in HP areas those busy days. Too many design bottlenecks
New Year’s Eve in my area makes my cats jittery
Neighbors shoot off guns and fireworks
Same, held pooch to keep him calm
my parents (mom in heart rehab after spending most of december in hospital-doing sooo much better-came home today). D
Nice to hear, good luck
And today a lab puppy was on HS webpage-name of Nemo-so we got there right at open. Nemo is now cuddling with kids on couch (the no furniture rule lasted about an hour :sad2: )
Woot!!! Enjoy. Was that no furniture or kids or the pup lol jk
We come home from the cruise the day before she starts back to school, so she is packing for school and the trip. She will come home with us, switch bags, and then we will take her to school. Older one does not go back until a week later. He and I were highly thinking of sending little one home by herself, and we stay in Fla, ending up at the dark side for a few more days. But most likely not do that. Oh well. Just means I will be thinking of a short trip to the dark side in the Spring. 🙂
I’d have prob gone with urs sons suggestion :)
What is everyone doing for New Years Eve?
(tv night for me)
Abbreviated party but made too much buffet. Think next year I might just do pork & kraut for luck & order Chinese
Being Scottish everyone assumes we do Hogmanay in a big way!
realky need to google that holiday never heard of it

QUOTE="Disxuni, post: 61373731, member: 573981"]
Want to ride the Gondola’s?” And I said, “Yes.” So, we took off mid-afternoon and was there by night fall. Endless to say, that was an interesting and beautiful experience.
[/QUOTE]
Gondola much nicer than I expected. One complaint is if u have stroller or 2 in there can be a real knee knocker

jmho but Rivera is is a big miss. [looks so out of play next to CB. Don’t get me started on the teeny studios but something for everyone as they say

they are staying far away from each other so far.
Let us know who turns out to be the alpha
Happy Sunday! We have absolutely nothing planned today. I think it will just be a lazy Sunday.
Sounds perfect
think I need to start looking at what books B needs. These next 2 weeks will go by fast.
Yep, I learned to wait to order until classes started seemed like at least 50% of profs changed their minds. Often could just do an online version
s I would love to do a holiday one, but the ones around Christmas have way too many kids and too high prices. I really wanted a 15 December cruise, as price better and lesser kids onboard most likely, but little one was not done finals until the 17th this year, even though older one was done the 12th, so it was too risky. And since the finals this coming this coming year may do the same thing, January it is.
Jan & feb no longer super deals either for what I’ve checked

paid our March/April off this week. No, correctionput on card for miles, will pay next billing cycle lol
Yum, prime rib for dinner.
Nom nom

never attempted one, intimidating. Thot of messing it up and wasting a quick $100 gives me pause for some reason
. Which unless you book months in advance you're not going to get one, so the other option is waiting for people to cancel at the last minute when it's within 24 hours. I'm planning on trying to park at MK parking lot and walking to Poly for the fireworks after I get off from work so cutting it close, but my friend seems to want to try to attempt to get a dining reservation so we can enjoy a meal prior to the fireworks.
have had pretty good luck but never for the top tier ones
In about 10 hours it will be 2020
The older I get, the faster the years go by..

Each year my NY resolution is to lose weight
Since I have failed to achieve that goal the past 20 years, I need to find a new one
Don’t worry, be happy

how’s the eyes? Did u pas

Keisha, I learned something new about Hallmark that I will try to implement next year. The stores near me will discount the ornaments 40% the day after Christmas. They are 50% on line. I can order online and have them shipped to a local store to avoid shipping charges.
Prayers for you son that he will start feeling better soon.

Happy New Year! Didn't make it to Midnight as I hadn't slept well previous night. But got woke up anyway with lots of fireworks going on, kids trooping into kitchen for snacks (both kids had friend over) and then the puppy crying about the noise etc. Up and pan of bacon made, along with tray of french toast. In the oven on warm.
Meal plan changed to nachos/tacos today as we are taking decorations down, and easier to make and keep warm for peeps to eat when they want. Nemo keeps snagging trees off the Christmas village and carrying them around so need to get stuff off low shelves lol!
Keisha hope your son is feeling better soon!

REally really need to get a jump on packing as I work next two days and will leave for St louis after work friday. That cheap 6 am flight on Southwest sounded great months ago when booked, but in reality it's gonna be a long day, and need to drive closer to airport on Friday. We live 3 hours away, and a later flight we could have just drove up the same day. Oh well upside is we land in Orlando 920 am.

Charade it was easy to set up my new ipad mini-just had to sign in with my passwords and all the stuff is there. Got my case and screen protector from amazon already too.

Enough procrastinating!! Have stuff to do! Hope everyone has a wonderful start to the new year!

Ack, hope your son feels better soon, Keisha. Yeah, the flu is no fun at all. Glad he got more help.

Finally got kids up, and yeah hungry. So out for some car gas, and food.

Happy New Year! Didn't make it to Midnight as I hadn't slept well previous night. But got woke up anyway with lots of fireworks going on, kids trooping into kitchen for snacks (both kids had friend over) and then the puppy crying about the noise etc. Up and pan of bacon made, along with tray of french toast. In the oven on warm.
Meal plan changed to nachos/tacos today as we are taking decorations down, and easier to make and keep warm for peeps to eat when they want. Nemo keeps snagging trees off the Christmas village and carrying them around so need to get stuff off low shelves lol!
Keisha hope your son is feeling better soon!

REally really need to get a jump on packing as I work next two days and will leave for St louis after work friday. That cheap 6 am flight on Southwest sounded great months ago when booked, but in reality it's gonna be a long day, and need to drive closer to airport on Friday. We live 3 hours away, and a later flight we could have just drove up the same day. Oh well upside is we land in Orlando 920 am.

Charade it was easy to set up my new ipad mini-just had to sign in with my passwords and all the stuff is there. Got my case and screen protector from amazon already too.

Enough procrastinating!! Have stuff to do! Hope everyone has a wonderful start to the new year!
Yes, I need to get packing soon too. When I get home. Thinking of leaving for home tomorrow. Have lots to do. Take down Christmas decorations, have my daughters family birthday and pack. 5 days to do it in.

I’m flying out of Seattle, it’s a 3 hr drive for me too. I opted for the evening flight! So don’t have to get there the day before

Keisha.....it did look like the Exorcist.....only yellow!! :rotfl: I had been craving full fat milk and bananas :blush:.......I hate bananas now!! Hope boys are better today.......

And honestly, Prime Rib is so easy to cook.....we have it regularly for dinner and I seem to cook it to perfection (If I say so myself) You’re a good cook you’d be fine with it.

Monyk.......if I miss you, have a wonderful trip!!!

What a day. I laughed so much at one point I thought I was going to pass out!! It was just one of those days.......they arrived and we served champagne before the food. Which we all love.......

Food was all buffet style and Tom‘s Chateaubriand centrepiece was a hit!! It disappeared very quickly.......::yes::

Then some other friends dropped in, had no idea they were coming.....txt about 20 mins before they arrived. So we had an afternoon of fun games and huge hilarity! And a little karaoke........:rockband: I loved that none of us can sing a note!

I’m shattered now! Everything all tidied up though and leftover food has been sent with friends.

Back to normality tomorrow.......grocery shopping, not that we need much yet and not much else going on tomorrow.

Decided to leave the trees and stuff till Friday. And that’ll be the festive season over again for another year.

Time to slouch along the sofas again.........

Excuse me finding my phones autocorrect is on steroids today. think I caught all the errors

Waiting for GD to get dropped off. Leftover party grub today for dinner, yea!

Keisha, I learned something new about Hallmark that I will try to implement next year. The stores near me will discount the ornaments 40% the day after Christmas. They are 50% on line. I can order online and have them shipped to a local store to avoid shipping charges.
Prayers for you son that he will start feeling better soon.
Thank you. Ds looked so much better today, still a bit pale and he really could t afford to lose the nearly 20 # as thin Young ones tend to rebound quickly tho

No idea of that shipping trick. Nice. Annoyed that one of thE pricey WDW ornaments I picked up in the park, had wrapped well, broke. Get one each year for my kids. Haunted mansion doom buggy this time.Planning on taking back and asking for replacement despite being over stated return policy & tossing the receipt. Will see if that Disney difference still holds and they make it right!

forgot to answer earlier, my middle DS in that pic was wearing coaching great from HS football team. The Bucs. They have an Odd tradition that literally makes me jump, they shoot off a cannon every time they score!

Been there, it always looks so good on paper. Good luck

And honestly, Prime Rib is so easy to cook.....we have it regularly for dinner and I seem to cook it to perfection (If I say so myself) You’re a good cook you’d be fine with it.
So im told, but have heard a few horror stories lol

probLen is only a few in my circle will eat anything other than well done meat (yuck). They’d all be fighting for end cuts lol as I could bring me self to ruin such a scrumptious cut of beef. Took decade before I convinced the mr to try medium vs well done.

Last edited:
Hi all! Been busy since we got back from Universal. Lots of orders to fill and then had one of those 'perfect storm' situations where I ran out of several things at once, and every one of those things requires the same equipment to process, and each ties up the equipment for 1 or 2 days. Know what I mean? So today and Christmas day both I had to get stuff done. And Monday morning we both woke up at 3 am with food poisoning. We tried to get up and get something done but ended up just staying in bed until Tuesday morning. The cats loved it!

Then Molly was sick again today, who knows why. Hoping this is the end of it.

Did anybody watch NYE on CNN last night? You might have seen this bit from Key West....

81230741_10220516922944261_9211095456954712064_o.jpg

What they were pouring in to the bath tub was a Sparkling Rum invented by our friend Paul J Menta of Key West First Legal Rum Distillery. It is rum distilled in the Champagne method and aged in actual Champagne barrels. The first of its kind. Last night we drank a bit from a bottle of the first distillation that he gave us when we were down there in October.

81115752_10220514714209044_8102670436304683008_o.jpg

Happy New Year to all!

Just doing a quick stop in to wish everyone a Happy New Years Eve!!!! I hope everyone get to celebrate in whatever style suits you best. Bring on the new decade!!!!! I'm ready to close that door and start with the new doors that are opening!

Amen to that Pumpkin.....Happy New Years to you too.

Cheers everyone :drinking1

Cheers :drinking1

Taking the back route worked perfectly and there was plenty of parking for us at Poly which was a surprise. We also walked to GF since my friend never been inside before going to Kona and watch the fireworks.

Sounds like you had a great New Years Eve Disxumi

With that, good morning homies. May all have many happy times in 2020, and hope this year will find all in good health.

Good evening Lynne. May you and your family have great and happy times in 2020 also.

Your trip is coming up soon. Have a great time and safe travels.

jr not better yet, got worse & wound up in ER all day Saturday. MultipleI’ve bags of fluids & meds. I’m calling him patient zero

Keisha hope your son starts to feel better soon.

But got woke up anyway with lots of fireworks going on, kids trooping into kitchen for snacks (both kids had friend over) and then the puppy crying about the noise etc. Up and pan of bacon made, along with tray of french toast. In the oven on warm.

Congratulations on the newest addition to your family Nemo.

We had fireworks at 10 and then again at midnight. Was pretty impressive display, but it does upset the animals. Hope Nemo did ok.

Have a great time on your upcoming trip. You will be in the Florida sun before you know it.

I’m flying out of Seattle, it’s a 3 hr drive for me too. I opted for the evening flight! So don’t have to get there the day before

Sue have a safe trip and enjoy some sunshine.

What a day. I laughed so much at one point I thought I was going to pass out!! It was just one of those days.......they arrived and we served champagne before the food. Which we all love.....

Good friends, games, laughing and champagne.....sounds like you had a wonderful day celebrating the New Years.

Sunday we went to Royal Suites to watch SW movie with our son and family. We had dinner while watching the movie . Son is a big SW fan. The movie and food were good. Afterward they came over and helped put away Christmas decorations.

Heading South in couple days....Will miss them all.

We have family planning on visiting so that will help.

I have been able to babysit my great nephew Jude about once a week. He is 3 months old now and such a blessing. I was showing him how to blow a raspberry the other day when I was watching him and he was laughing. He finally got the hang of it yesterday in my niece (his mommy’s) face...oops....We were laughing so hard and so was he. I will miss by little buddy.

Hope everyone had a great Christmas and New Years.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter