Something About Nothing............ #14

i-NhfZv2W-Th.gif

Belated :bday: to Robbie`s son......we missed it!!!

Hope he had a completely splendid day, I`m sure he did....🎊🎁🎈🎉🎂

Fabulous Friday here. Yay.

Heard rain an hour after I got up. One weather app said drizzling, weather radar app showed a dark green and yellow centered blob went over us. Um, sounded and looked more like a good dump of rain, not a drizzle. But like most storms, quick fly by, followed by a full blue sky and so bright sunshine.

Ooh little one went out and got some iced coffee for me. Yay!

Shorts are on, and ready for a shortest routine week day routine day. Email reminder of my 420 minute class next Friday. Ugh. All day in other words. But whatever. At lest afternoon meeting today, has been cancelled.

Beautiful weather weekend loaded and almost ready. Looking forward to a nice lunchtime walk. Should be still humid, but at least says will be 76 degrees at noon today. Should be perfect walking weather. And rocking those shades. Yay!

But as mid morning here, off I go back to screen viewing.

Yay for Charade to have finished her sewing project.

And a very happy belated birthday to Robo’s son. I hope his August birthday was wonderful.

Most fabulous Friday to all.

Good Friday morning everyone :wave:

IMG_1540.gif

IMG_1764.jpeg

IMG_1763.jpeg

IMG_1762.jpeg

IMG_1765.gif

Enjoy your time visiting relatives tomorrow, always a nice thing to do.
Thank you Carole. It is always nice to see family and catch up.

Village Fete`s are common over here, they have fun things for the kids to do and there is a lovely sense of community as everyone gets involved and helps where they can. I`m not sure what the American equivalent is.......but it was lovely.
We have small Farmers Markets that pop up on the weekends in a lot of the small towns including ours every weekend durning the summer. Then in the Fall they have a large Fall Festival that is a week long celebration of food, music and carnival rides. It is very popular around here. The proceeds go to support charitable organizations and school sports needs in the area.

I haven’t been involved in that for over 15 years. Do recall thinking I heard it wrong when just the veil for DiL was $800. Pretty sure my entire outfit was well under $200 and it was from a designer. Of course, that was back in the dark ages.
You didn’t hear wrong. The veils can be close to the value spent on half the dress. i will admit they are beautiful creations with intricate lace designs and beading and crystals.

That's awesome!!! I'm hopeful that as we ( my sisters and I ) get older that we can start to do things like that together. My youngest sister still has younger kids (13 & 9) so a few more years for her - and her girls won't need her as much anymore and she will gain her freedom again.
You will have a wonderful time when you can travel with your sisters. It is so nice as we get older to find that special time to spend together.

still, we had the upper half of a double hung blown in & off the track in one of the front windows. made a horrible noise and was just hanging there awkwardly while water poured into the house. Seemed like the rain was blowing sideways & straight into the house
Sorry to hear of your storm damage. Hope you were able to get your window fixed.

This happened nearby yesterday AM. Would you believe as of the evening the gas company hadn’t made an appearance? The 2nd link shows a video camera that caught the actual explosion.
We had an explosion like that I think it was last year sometime. It wiped out the house the explosion occurred in and damaged 10 other homes and killed 4 people. Terrible tragedy. Gas company was not talking for days after that happened. That area had old gas lines and the Gas company had been making updates on and off in the area for sometime. An alarm company not far away from the explosion caught it on video.

Our church had a big Afternoon Tea last Thursday. Lots of wonderful home baked goodies.
Last week I also had my appt with oncologist at Cancer Centre. I need radiation. The good part is things have improved since my last go around, and they’re now doing targeted radiation mostly instead of entire area.
Every day the past 2 weeks ive had something going on.
Sounds like you have a busy time. Sorry to hear you will have to have radiation. Sending prayers all goes well.

Will continue with sorting thru what I’m packing tomorrow after morning doctor appt. May nip into drug store after appt to pick up some Polysporin eye drops just incase. Daughter sometimes gets eye infection while we’re away. Maybe pool? And I found out in the US it’s an Rx to get it. Here it’s not, so always good to have on hand.
It is interesting to me how the different Countries sell some meds with or without prescriptions.

My daughter & I leave Wednesday evenin
Happy trails. Say hi to the Minions for me.

Robo: I was in shock at the price of wedding dresses, too. She doesn't want to wear a veil, so that's a little less to spend, LOL. It was a fun time viewing all those beautiful dresses. Back in the dark ages, when I got married, I think Mom and Dad spent $225 for my dress, and that was a moderate price then.
I know, I was thinking the same thing, but then it occurred to me that she hopefully will only be getting married once so why night get exactly what she wanted and not let the cost limit her options. The upscale Bridal shops are very sophisticated and I will admit some of the dresses they sell are wonderfully exquisite.

In the end son and daughter in law wanted her to have a dress and veil she loved and were willing to spend whatever price to see her happy.

The bridal industry has come along way in design and options to choose from since I was married many moons ago.
spirit moved me to grab supplies to make a halloween wreath yesterday. I’ve only made one, again decades ago. Should be interesting process as I’m winging it, to come up with some ideas on how to design it.
Would love to see a pic of your wreath when you’re done. You know how much I love Halloween decorations.

I`ve never tried those Boba tea things.....sounds absolutely gross!!

There is a drink at the Hopping Pot in Diagon Alley that‘s called “Fishy Green Ale“. It is a weirdly interesting flavor that tastes like mint and cinnamon with blueberry Boba balls in the bottom. They give you a larger than normal in circumference straw so you can sip up the boba when you’re ready. I get the drink sometimes and have to admit I kinda like it. Would not be a flavor I would want all the time, good on the occassion.

Tom was laughing when I used the Groucho meme! I do get the humour with them I think, unlike Tom who loves the movies, they`re just too much for me....and you know I`ve tried with them!! Tom laughs like a drain through them though.......
Groucho is a classic. I remember watching the old reruns of his game show “You Bet Your Life” He was a real character.

Christmas cards are in the stores.....wrapping paper, gift boxes and the usual tins of chocolates that are associated with Christmas are all out there now!! Crazy early.....even for me as someone who adores Christmas!!
We have Halloween really amping up here at the stores. I Have not seen Christmas things appearing yet here.

Absolutely beautiful day here......won`t bore you with a full weather report but but is is lovely!!
Beautiful picture.

Bil and future sil were evacuated again from their town. This time - evacuation was to our city. Very scary there. The road is now closed unless you are leaving - and even then - the ONE main road going in and out of the province is periodically closed as the fires are soooooooo unpredictable right now - it is mainly closed. The town they evacuated from - they flew in military planes to evacuate anyone who didn't listen to the evacuation orders. Fire crews have pulled out as it’s too hazardous at this point - to save human lives. The fires are moving 50+ kms in less than 24 hrs. Crazy times right now.
Sorry to hear about your families evacuation from their town. I hope all goes well and their homes are spared.

Cancelling our Nashville trip. Numerous reasons. Dh's work is actually NOT one of them. The group has gotten too large and is now a heavier drinking group. Since dh is sober - he doesn't mind being around with people who are drinking - but when your immediate people you would be around would be heavily drinking all the time - and in all honesty when one BIL is around those who are bigger drinkers - he is not a great guy to be around. So we are backing out. :rolleyes2 We are back to the drawing board. We have a few ideas - and we are both needing some get away time. So hopefully we will plan for something soon.
Sorry to hear you canceled you planned trip. Hopefully you and your hubby can plan a nice get away with just the two of you.

Back home from the CT scan, seems my gums are suitable for implant......now I wait to see when it starts...
Good to hear you will be able to go ahead with the dental implant.

the most infamous, is in Centraila, has been raging for 50 years. Closer to Lynne’s side of the state. struck me so odd that people do still make pilgrimages there, perhaps as it’s said to be a ghost town now
I had never heard of the continued fires in coal mines in Pennsylvania.

I'm the proud owner of Taylor Swift Tickets!!!!!! :cool1:
Congratulations on getting your tickets.

Hello everyone. Not much to report here. My day started off on a sad note. I found out that the daughter of one of the teachers from B’s elementary school lost her 10 year battle with cancer on Tuesday. She was only 19. I didn’t really know the family, but I still found myself tearing up as I read the announcement.
Sorry to hear such sad news. It is always harder to hear news of the passing of someone so young.

Beautiful needle work on your pictures.

Belated :bday: to Robbie`s son......we missed it!!!

Hope he had a completely splendid day, I`m sure he did....🎊🎁🎈🎉🎂

Thank you Carole for remembering My son‘s birthday. We had a nice celebration.

I have been busy for the past few days. I was preparing for our company. Brother in law and his wife came in for a few days.

Son’s birthday was on Monday and he turned 46. We waited to celebrate until the next day when family would be here.

We had a nice party for him and he picked what he wanted me to make for his birthday. We had Salad, Meatballs, Lasagna, Garlic Bread and I made him a Black Forest cake. We had a wonderuful time. He is such a sweet son. I‘am so thankful for him. I can‘t believe my baby is 46. It seems only yesterday he was born.
IMG_1768.gif

IMG_1767.gif

Hubby‘s brother and wife left yesterday morning. I had some foo foo time at the salon yesterday afternoon. I had by hair colored and trimmed a tad and a pedicure. I was ready for a set down and a little pampering.

Going to head out for a quick walk in the neighborhood then a few things to do in the yard.

We are going out for an early lunch at a restaurant that has a wonderful fresh salad bar and steaks. So I won‘t have to figure out dinner for tonight.

Countdown to lift off for vacation
IMG_1769.gif

Have a wonderful Friday everyone doing whatever makes you happy.

Last edited:
And a very happy belated birthday to Robo’s son. I hope his August birthday was wonderful.
Thank you Lynne. He had a nice time at his party.

I think you have some August birthdays coming up too don’t you?

Thank you Lynne. He had a nice time at his party.

I think you have some August birthdays coming up too don’t you?

Yep one next week and one the week after. One of the months we have quite a few extended and immediate family birthdays. Based on our two being when like no one around due to vacation times for many, we always have had extended family celebrations on Labor Day weekend.

And as a treat, bought Disney Halloween tickets for DD’s actual birthday day. Yep, lazy week coming up starting next weekend. Just renewed her USO pass, so we have to get more time using it. Will be back there at the end of September too.

Ooh time for that lunchtime walk. Yay!

It's Friday :cheer2: I made it!!!!

Picked up some timmy's donuts for a pick me up today for everyone in the office. We have a small staff...so a dozen of donuts and some timbits will fill them up on their morning coffee breaks. I was needing a pick me up - so I figured they would need one too.

It has cooled down here. Dark and cloudy. The forecast is for rain today - it hasn't started yet...but the air definitely has a chill in it today. I feel like this day will be the catalyst that will start our fall/cooler weather :sad:

I got out for my walk last night. I could DEFINITELY tell I haven't been out walking the past month lol. Now to keep on trucking along and get out and just do it! I talked to bil's fiance and offered to take her to the gym with me - since my membership allows me to bring a friend. I know she works out regularly - so hopefully next week (as I'm thinking they may be here at least another week) we will go to the gym.

Not much going on today, might do some baking for the weekend if it does rain this afternoon, will hand some up to the farm too as I always bake far too much.
I'm thinking the same thing for this weekend. I'll probably try to get some baking in if we don't do much else over the weekend. A little pittering and pattering around the house, clean some corners out, and some baking.
Shorts are on, and ready for a shortest routine week day routine day. Email reminder of my 420 minute class next Friday. Ugh. All day in other words. But whatever. At lest afternoon meeting today, has been cancelled.
Friday afternoon meetings should be banned!!!! I remember when I was a department manager at the bigger grocery store here, and our store manager would ALWAYS schedule manager meetings for Friday afternoons. It would drive me bonkers!!! It was just his way to micromanage and make sure that no managers left early on Fridays :rolleyes2 Even though we were already working over 8 hrs during the week anyways and technically should be leaving early.

I don't miss that place!!!!! lol
I had some foo foo time at the salon yesterday afternoon. I had by hair colored and trimmed a tad and a pedicure. I was ready for a set down and a little pampering.
OOOOOO I hope your enjoyed it and were happy with the results! We all need those days of pampering.

Well, I should track down some papers to shuffle around. My tea cup is empty.

Have a great day everyone!

Just a quick note before I sign off for a week or so:)
The smoke here over northern Minnesota is really strong. We have another alert til tomorrow night. It dulls the sun and smells smokey at times. It doesn't bother my breathing, but you do notice it.

My brother and his lady friend are coming to visit on this Sunday for at least a week, so I will be pretty busy. We'll eat lots of good food, visit, and have a good time with family.

So, have a good week everyone:)

ruth

Very nice picture, Charade. Lot of work you did on it.

So sunny, humid and warm was my walk. Stopped at Whole Foods, and they had a two pack of birthday cupcakes. Since we had a late big breakfast, little one and I only wanted something sweet with our iced coffee we picked up from the very crowded Starbucks. To say I’m full, and was very sweet cupcake, is yep, I’m very full feeling.

Oooh less than an hour to say goodbye to the screen until Monday morning. Yay!

Always good to pamper with hair and nails, Robo. Nice to have family come for son’s birthday. I’m feeling old, the second in August extended family birthday was my oldest niece, and she turned 42 last week. Even worse, her brother turned 45 at the beginning of July.

Ooh I guess I go back to tea. Sucked down that iced coffee fast.

Friday! :dancer:

Here is my latest project. It has been washed and pressed. Just needs to dry before being framed.

View attachment 786197

That is very nice, attention to detail is immaculate.

Good Friday morning everyone :wave:

View attachment 786185

View attachment 786182

View attachment 786183

View attachment 786184

View attachment 786181

Thank you Carole. It is always nice to see family and catch up.

We have small Farmers Markets that pop up on the weekends in a lot of the small towns including ours every weekend durning the summer. Then in the Fall they have a large Fall Festival that is a week long celebration of food, music and carnival rides. It is very popular around here. The proceeds go to support charitable organizations and school sports needs in the area.

You didn’t hear wrong. The veils can be close to the value spent on half the dress. i will admit they are beautiful creations with intricate lace designs and beading and crystals.

You will have a wonderful time when you can travel with your sisters. It is so nice as we get older to find that special time to spend together.

Sorry to hear of your storm damage. Hope you were able to get your window fixed.

We had an explosion like that I think it was last year sometime. It wiped out the house the explosion occurred in and damaged 10 other homes and killed 4 people. Terrible tragedy. Gas company was not talking for days after that happened. That area had old gas lines and the Gas company had been making updates on and off in the area for sometime. An alarm company not far away from the explosion caught it on video.

Sounds like you have a busy time. Sorry to hear you will have to have radiation. Sending prayers all goes well.

It is interesting to me how the different Countries sell some meds with or without prescriptions.

Happy trails. Say hi to the Minions for me.

I know I was thinking the same thing, but then it occurred to me that she hopefully will only be getting married once so why night get exactly what she wanted and not let the cost limit her options. The upscale Bridal shops are very sophisticated and I will admit some of the dresses they sell are wonderfully exquisite.

In the end son and daughter in law wanted her to have a dress and veil she loved and were willing to spend whatever price to see her happy.

The bridal industry has come along way in design and options to choose from since I was married many moons ago.

Would love to see a pic of your wreath when you’re done. You know how much I love Halloween decorations.

There is a drink at the Hopping Pot in Diagon Alley that‘s called “Fishy Green Ale“. It is a weirdly interesting flavor that tastes like mint and cinnamon with blueberry Boba balls in the bottom. They give you a larger than normal in circumference straw so you can sip up the boba when you’re ready. I get the drink sometimes and have to admit I kinda like it. Would not be a flavor I would want all the time, good on the occassion.

Groucho is a classic. I remember watching the old reruns of his game show “You Bet Your Life” He was a real character.

We have Halloween really amping up here at the stores. I Have not seen Christmas things appearing yet here.

Beautiful picture.

Sorry to hear about your families evacuation from their town. I hope all goes well and their homes are spared.

Sorry to hear you canceled you planned trip. Hopefully you and your hubby can plan a nice get away with just the two of you.

Good to hear you will be able to go ahead with the dental implant.

I had never heard of the continued fires in coal mines in Pennsylvania.

Congratulations on getting your tickets.

Sorry to hear such sad news. It is always harder to hear news of the passing of someone so young.

Thank you Carole for remembering My son‘s birthday. We had a nice celebration.

I have been busy for the past few days. I was preparing for our company. Brother in law and his wife came in for a few days.

Son’s birthday was on Monday and he turned 46. We waited to celebrate until the next day when family would be here.

We had a nice party for him and he picked what he wanted me to make for his birthday. We had Salad, Meatballs, Lasagna, Garlic Bread and I made him a Black Forest cake. We had a wonderful time. He is such a sweet son. I‘am thankful for my him. I can‘t believe my baby is 46. It seems only yesterday he was born.
View attachment 786178

View attachment 786179

Hubby‘s brother and wife left yesterday morning. I had some foo foo time at the salon yesterday afternoon. I had by hair colored and trimmed a tad and a pedicure. I was ready for a set down and a little pampering.

Going to head out for a quick walk in the neighborhood then a few things to do in the yard.

We are going out for an early lunch at a restaurant that has a wonderful fresh salad bar and steaks. So I won‘t have to figure out dinner for tonight.

Countdown to lift off for vacation
View attachment 786186

Have a wonderful Friday everyone doing whatever makes you happy.

Yes, the Green Fishy Ale is not for me and anything with mint is not for me either.....one and done for sure.

By the end of next week our stores will have lots of christmas items as well as some Halloween items, that`s not a huge holiday over here, some try but it`s nowhere near as big as it is in America.

Glad you had such a lovely time with your son to celebrate his birthday, food sounds lovely. Yes, our children will always be our babies......and yes, love a nice pampering in the salon!!

Have a lovely weekend....

It's Friday :cheer2: I made it!!!!

Picked up some timmy's donuts for a pick me up today for everyone in the office. We have a small staff...so a dozen of donuts and some timbits will fill them up on their morning coffee breaks. I was needing a pick me up - so I figured they would need one too.

It has cooled down here. Dark and cloudy. The forecast is for rain today - it hasn't started yet...but the air definitely has a chill in it today. I feel like this day will be the catalyst that will start our fall/cooler weather :sad:

I got out for my walk last night. I could DEFINITELY tell I haven't been out walking the past month lol. Now to keep on trucking along and get out and just do it! I talked to bil's fiance and offered to take her to the gym with me - since my membership allows me to bring a friend. I know she works out regularly - so hopefully next week (as I'm thinking they may be here at least another week) we will go to the gym.

I'm thinking the same thing for this weekend. I'll probably try to get some baking in if we don't do much else over the weekend. A little pittering and pattering around the house, clean some corners out, and some baking.

Friday afternoon meetings should be banned!!!! I remember when I was a department manager at the bigger grocery store here, and our store manager would ALWAYS schedule manager meetings for Friday afternoons. It would drive me bonkers!!! It was just his way to micromanage and make sure that no managers left early on Fridays :rolleyes2 Even though we were already working over 8 hrs during the week anyways and technically should be leaving early.

I don't miss that place!!!!! lol

OOOOOO I hope your enjoyed it and were happy with the results! We all need those days of pampering.

Well, I should track down some papers to shuffle around. My tea cup is empty.

Have a great day everyone!

I love pottering about the house doing little bits and bobs and yes, cooling down here too...today has been miserable weather!

Have a lovely weekend too Pumpkin.....

Just a quick note before I sign off for a week or so:)
The smoke here over northern Minnesota is really strong. We have another alert til tomorrow night. It dulls the sun and smells smokey at times. It doesn't bother my breathing, but you do notice it.

My brother and his lady friend are coming to visit on this Sunday for at least a week, so I will be pretty busy. We'll eat lots of good food, visit, and have a good time with family.

So, have a good week everyone:)

ruth

I know I already wished you a lovely week, but again....have a lovely week with your brother and his lady friend 🙂

I wish I could have seen my brother today with it being his birthday and a special one, haven`t even spoken to him yet, but if I don`t manage to speak to him tonight I will tomorrow. Your planned week sounds so lovely!!

Well, complete change of plans today, I did think we would have a quiet day but friends called this morning and asked if we wanted to go get some lunch and then a movie as they won`t see Tom next week on his birthday, so we did, lovely lunch of champagne and seafood then Mission Impossible, it was really good and only around 7 people including us in the cinema.

cv74-S.jpg

They came back here and we had a drink, made Dark and Stormy`s for us, opened a special Zacapa rum we have had for a while....any occasion will do and only the best for friends.

Tonight will be a lazy one for sure after a lovely day, and look forward to trying this new bacon in the morning for breakfast on toast with avocado.

Will make us another Dark and Stormy tonight and I think we`ll pop a movie on, maybe a scary one.

It is getting darker at night, 7.30 and we have the lamps on around the house, I do like them on though, makes it very cosy.

1692385291780.png

Dreaming, and pricing with other trips for us to do instead of Nashville. Slower day here again today. Even the phone is quiet.

If is probably a night spent out with the visiting family tonight. There were whispers of dinner out - then who knows what. There is a big folk fest going on here this weekend - so it is even busier with evacuees and then people coming into town for the music festival. We don't have tickets - but it is so loud - but a person can hear it if you sit at the few restaurants and balconies in the area.

No sitting on a patio tonight. Rain is coming down now - and I don't think it's going to let up until late tonight.

Here is my latest project. It has been washed and pressed. Just needs to dry before being framed.
I don't know where this went in my previous post...but OMGosh....that is beautiful!!!!
Enjoy your time together! It's my favorite way to spend time.
Will make us another Dark and Stormy tonight and I think we`ll pop a movie on, maybe a scary one.
OOOOOO I am needing a movie night again soon. Enjoy your movie night!

Well...off to keep looking busy!

I always like catching up on how all the homies are doing!
Sorry I am so late in doing shout outs to all of you.

Still plugging away on documents on brother.
It’s like a full time job but I don’t mind staying busy.
He helped me over the years and now it’s my time to do the same for him.

I have taken care of my September trip plans for the most part.
Have a few odds and ends to deal with but it will be completed soon.
Trying to decide on car service for the trip.
Have used Art (Standard Co) before but not sure if he is still in that group.

Any suggestions that you have used ?

Tomorrow is the day I tackle my closets.
(church needs donations for their clothes closet.)
The committee is in need of clothing and they are quite bare on many sizes.

I love central air, don’t know how peeps in the south survived all the years in the heat.
Our prediction is 99 later this week.

Been looking at weather predictions for September for UO.
Looks like hot and hotter.
As long as no rain, I am good with it.

Good evening. We had a busy day today. B and I had brunch and then went shoe shopping. I was very impressed with the level of individual attention you get at this store. She tried on 5 or 6 pair of shoes and then decided on the pair she liked best. She has a long shift tomorrow, so hopefully will have less foot pain.
I was wearing a Muppets Dr. Teeth and the Electric Mayhem shirt. One of the store employees asked me if I had seen them in concert. :rotfl2:

Next I decided to check out a cross stitch supply shop that was almost an hour away. I had never been to this town before. I drove through some very rural areas including some farm land.

Dh had plans for the evening, so B and I went out for Chinese food and later for ice cream. B was a little disappointed that we didn’t get the cute waiter that we had the last time we went to the Chinese restaurant.

Happy belated birthday to him.

And as a treat, bought Disney Halloween tickets for DD’s actual birthday day.
That will be fun. I have never been to Disney at Halloween.

It has cooled down here. Dark and cloudy. The forecast is for rain today - it hasn't started yet...but the air definitely has a chill in it today. I feel like this day will be the catalyst that will start our fall/cooler weather
I’m envious. I really want some cooler weather.

Dreaming, and pricing with other trips for us to do instead of Nashville. Slower day here again today. Even the phone is quiet.
Hope you are able to find a fun getaway.

I’m scared to look at the weather. I know it will still be hot. I’m just hoping not too hot

Charade, that is absolutely beautiful. Thanks for sharing that

Very nice picture, Charade. Lot of work you did on it.

That is very nice, attention to detail is immaculate.

I don't know where this went in my previous post...but OMGosh....that is beautiful!!!!
Thank you so much everyone. I am so happy that it is finally done. Once framed it will probably go on the wall in dh’s office next to the eagle picture.

If is probably a night spent out with the visiting family tonight. There were whispers of dinner out - then who knows what. There is a big folk fest going on here this weekend - so it is even busier with evacuees and then people coming into town for the music festival. We don't have tickets - but it is so loud - but a person can hear it if you sit at the few restaurants and balconies in the area.

No sitting on a patio tonight. Rain is coming down now - and I don't think it's going to let up until late tonight.

Enjoy your time together! It's my favorite way to spend time.

OOOOOO I am needing a movie night again soon. Enjoy your movie night!

Well...off to keep looking busy!

Hope you enjoyed a dinner out with family, always a nice thing to do. Festival sounds like a lot of fun and good you can hear it without having to actually go and deal with those crowds.

I always like catching up on how all the homies are doing!
Sorry I am so late in doing shout outs to all of you.

Still plugging away on documents on brother.
It’s like a full time job but I don’t mind staying busy.
He helped me over the years and now it’s my time to do the same for him.

I have taken care of my September trip plans for the most part.
Have a few odds and ends to deal with but it will be completed soon.
Trying to decide on car service for the trip.
Have used Art (Standard Co) before but not sure if he is still in that group.

Any suggestions that you have used ?

Tomorrow is the day I tackle my closets.
(church needs donations for their clothes closet.)
The committee is in need of clothing and they are quite bare on many sizes.

I love central air, don’t know how peeps in the south survived all the years in the heat.
Our prediction is 99 later this week.

Looks like hot and hotter.
As long as no rain, I am good with it.

You and mr mac have done amazingly well with dealing with your brothers estate, it has been time consuming for you, but you`ll get there.

I`m sure the church will be grateful for your contributions. Charities all seem to be so desperate for items to help others.

Good luck with the car service, we only ever have a rental car so can`t help there, but I`m sure someone will know of a reliable one. And yes, good weather for you!!! Last September when we were there for 5 weeks we barely got a drop of rain except for when the hurricane hit, and even that was over and done with very quickly, so hopefully you`ll be lucky again too.

Good evening. We had a busy day today. B and I had brunch and then went shoe shopping. I was very impressed with the level of individual attention you get at this store. She tried on 5 or 6 pair of shoes and then decided on the pair she liked best. She has a long shift tomorrow, so hopefully will have less foot pain.
I was wearing a Muppets Dr. Teeth and the Electric Mayhem shirt. One of the store employees asked me if I had seen them in concert. :rotfl2:

Next I decided to check out a cross stitch supply shop that was almost an hour away. I had never been to this town before. I drove through some very rural areas including some farm land.

Dh had plans for the evening, so B and I went out for Chinese food and later for ice cream. B was a little disappointed that we didn’t get the cute waiter that we had the last time we went to the Chinese restaurant.

Happy belated birthday to him.

That will be fun. I have never been to Disney at Halloween.

I’m envious. I really want some cooler weather.

Hope you are able to find a fun getaway.

I’m scared to look at the weather. I know it will still be hot. I’m just hoping not too hot

Thank you so much everyone. I am so happy that it is finally done. Once framed it will probably go on the wall in dh’s office next to the eagle picture.

I do hope your daughter`s shoes work out for her, having sore feet is miserable, especially if she`s on them all day. Hope she`s enjoying the job now she`s a few days into it.

We did have a scary movie night last night, and still slept like a log!! Although rain battering down woke me up around 2am, looked out and it was sweeping in and blowing a hoolie, but got back to sleep.

Woke up to lovely sunshine however it is to be very windy all day, so washing will have to be firmly attached to the line today or it`ll end up out at sea! Sun is shining and warm enough for us this time of year.

Looking forward to bacon and avocado on a toasted roll, might do a poached egg if Tom can be bothered doing them, he cooks poached eggs better than me. Lunch is a little selection of charcuterie and some bread with a spicy balsamic dip....lush!! Dinner is spicy chicken stir fry, mine with loads of fresh ginger, both will have pineapple, thinly sliced red pepper and green salad onions, might add some mushroom slices too, all with a few stir fried noodles.

And I think we`ll watch another couple of movies as no one has any plans for tonight, we`re all chatting about how we need to get some nights out organised.....I`m sure we will. A few of us want to start up the once a month Sunday Brunch where we all take our turn organising, they`re always nice to do.

But Saturday again......a lovely little day of Tom and I pottering around, going to bake some bread this morning for lunch, just a small garlic and rosemary focaccia I think and this afternoon maybe a funny movie, keep the scary ones for after dark. And a little afternoon tipple too I think.......why not!

Time for more tea first of course before breakfast......🫖

1692427989780.jpeg

cv29-S.jpg

cv74-S.jpg

Have a splendid Saturday and weekend 🥓🥓

A very happy birthday to Mac today! Hope you have a great birthday and those cats behave for you. Yay for September trip ready, and I know you are doing a very good job with all of your brother’s estate.

Ooh clear sky, and still in August. 59 degrees out right now. Yep, natural AC mostly this summer in the overnights. Not complaining. Sunrise was about 10 minutes ago, and it’s very bright out already. Cold front arrived and high today will be 79 degrees. Less humid, but that wind will be making it feel cooler than it is. Hmm, maybe pants today? Have to see when I go out with the shorts I have on now. If it feels too cool, I’ll turn around and change. Perfect weather for us today. Sunshine galore.

Saturday and happy the weekend is here. Little one said she is changing her sleep patterns to be up earlier. I think she said she’d like to have breakfast out. I’ve already made breakfast for DH and I. He wanted toast with tomatoes, I had oatmeal, with some strawberries and blueberries in it. Even if little one gets up earlier than her usual lunchtime waking hours, I’m sure I can enjoy a second breakfast later in the morning. Yep, even without the alarm, both DH and get up early. He was going to mow the grass today, but thinking he’d rather do it tomorrow morning, as I think my one brother said he’d come over and help if he did it tomorrow instead of today. Good he has help, as will be warmer tomorrow. Then it’s that most relaxing day for all of us. Mostly older one works on a Saturday, but not this one. If he’s in the mood to go out later today, he’s good to take along, as carrying heavier packages I’d leave for him to carry.

And that’s what our perfectly lazy Saturday is. And hope all have a most relaxing and happy Saturday, and it’s day today, to wish a happy birthday to Mac.

My morning is off to a wonderful start. Around 8:40 I heard the doorbell. I was asleep and not expecting anyone, so I ignored it. Then the neighbor’s dogs started barking. They were louder and crazier than usual, so I got up and looked outside. The woman from our pest control company was here doing an outdoor treatment. (Dh forgot to tell me that she was coming.) About a half hour or so later I heard voices outside but didn’t think anything of it. A few minutes later the doorbell rang again. Before I had enough time to get out of my chair and get to the door someone started pounding on the door. It was my next door neighbor. She was livid because the pest control lady was spraying chemicals in my yard while her dogs were outside. She kept blabbering something about needing to call her vet because the dogs shouldn’t be out for an hour…Keep in mind that I was still half asleep at this time. I apologized and told her that I was not aware that pest control was coming today. Neighbor insisted that I needed to inform her whenever we have outdoor treatment but left before giving me her phone number. The pest control lady wanted to talk to me. I could tell she was shaken be the encounter with the neighbor. Neighbor told pest control that she needed to be notified whenever they were treating our yard. Pest control told her they were under no obligation to do so. Pest control also wondered why if neighbor was so concerned about her dogs she waited over half an hour to check to see why they were barking and going crazy. (These dogs bark at everything. They still bark at us and we have lived here for 7 years.) I’m afraid we may have gone from indifferent neighbor to slightly hostile one.

Hope everyone else’s day is off to a better start than mine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter