Something About Nothing............ #14

Busy?

Never too busy for a walk on such a gorgeous day…..couldn’t resist. It is very cold, but the sun is beautiful.

IMG_2998.jpeg

Back home and getting organised, and vacuuming again for no particular reason, Tom is washing all the floors, wooden and tiles, think he secretly enjoys doing them!

We’ll stop for lunch then get into packing….

Ah yes, the middle of the week before our Thanksgiving day week. Why hello camel:

IMG_2548.jpeg

Ah getting in that holiday spirit I see. Guess he knows it’s my office’s pot luck holiday meal, with turkey, all the fixings, with lasagna and lots of deserts. Family will probably have to wait for a late dinner or I may just snack.

A fast enough commute, but that gas tanker made the single lane part, where I usually fly along, made it slower. And, that commute started with a car front window scraping off the ice. Started car, icy conditions flashed on the screen. Yes, but thankfully, that high is still in command and it’s dry out. So, heat seat on high, and defroster still needed as I parked. Hey at least two degrees above freezing when I got out the door.

And so, with that camel reminder, not only does he remind us, in less than 6 weeks from today, there is that Monday holiday, followed by another holiday Monday. Woot! And to get over this hump of a day feeling this Wednesday, and that Friday so happiness feeling will then be a day away. Woot! Lazy Friday? Oh yes.

Woot! Bus trip notice from work. Sister said she’s game. So, nice, day long, road trip for both of us at the start of next month. Woot! It’s getting to look like Christmas, every where I go now.

A most Wonderful Wednesday to all. And the last woot goes to Schumi. Safe travels on Friday. Have a fantastic time. Think Disney is not far behind. Safe travels to you also.

Ooh more water from that hot water tap on the huge bottle. Tea. Oh. But glad the office feels warmer than it did last week I was here.

Good morning.

My city skyline at break of dawn:
IMG_2549.jpeg

Good Wednesday morning everyone :wave2:

IMG_2705.jpeg

IMG_2571.jpeg

IMG_2703.gif

IMG_2701.gif
IMG_2702.gif

I made the dough ahead of baking them so they go more toffee like, but they turned out exactly as I hoped, soft and gooey in the middle, I think his work colleagues will enjoy them, sending them almost 90 cookies and they`ll last till Friday unless they eat them all of course! Kyle had a good taste test and deemed them the best cookies ever!!! Praise indeed, they are incredibly gooey and chocolatey, lovely, even if I say so myself!!!
Cookies look delicious. I’am sure everyone at Kyles office will enjoy eating them.

Dh and ds were successful in their hunting yesterday. They got one of the smaller game deer that they had tags for. They are out scouting again for the bigger game we have a tag for. They just headed back out to see if they will find them at dusk.
Congratulations to your hubby and son on their successful hunting trip.

One son and his wife are expecting a baby boy soon.
Have a feeling the boy will be an early runner.
This makes me smile…
That is cute. Yep those little boys do tend to be rambunctious. Our grandson was a runner at times.

Today B is 23. Tonight we will go out to eat and then to a movie. We really celebrated last week when we went to then Celtic Thunder concert. I may stop by Kroger on my way home and pick up a small cake.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY to B.

IMG_2709.gif

IMG_2708.gif

IMG_2707.gif

Schumi pretty picture from your walk. I always do major house cleaning too before I leave for a trip. It is always nice to return home to a clean house.

Enjoy the packing and have a wonderful trip. Your will be in your happy place before you know it.

Not much going on in my neck of the woods. Been fairly quiet here.

Son is coming over in a little while and we are going to lunch. We will let him choose were he wants to go. Always nice to get some time with him.

I need to get up to my office and take care of some business on my desk. Maybe wrap a few more Christmas gifts. Trying to be more organized this year. I always start shopping early. I have a lot of people to buy for so that helps a lot.

I watched little J on Monday. We had a fun time at Target and the Mall. Of course we had our Starbucks at Target. He gets a apple juice and I get my coffee. He wanted another Rubik‘s Cube so we got another one. He forgot his other one over at my sisters. So now he has a spare.

Need to get scootin. Our son is on his way.

Have a wonderful Wednesday everyone.

I seen that it's hump day today! I am working the weekend - but at least it's not a very physical job. It can be mentally exhausting though. I'm hoping the bug/flu that has been going around taking out lots of people from working everyday is now petering out. Having to fill last minute sick calls is always sooo much fun :sad2: OH well - it's part of the job.

I have the some venison tenderloins out for supper tonight. Thinking some type of quick marinade then into the the oven. I'm still figuring out the new oven. We typically don't use the smaller game for anything other than jerky, beer/pepperoni sticks and making our own homemade sausage.

Need to get to the gym tonight. I tried last night. By the time I was done with dinner - plus my part of the clean up ( as one ds is out of town for work ) and I took a few minutes to relax it was past 8:00 already :eek: I don't like going to late either. So I did a walking video off of youtube to get some steps in. But tonight - I'm going!

@schumigirl have a FANTASTIC time!!! I can't wait for your little check ins while your down there. I will be living vicariously through them! Have a great trip!

Have a great day everyone!!! Off to shuffle a few papers

Good Wednesday morning everyone :wave2:

View attachment 810687

View attachment 810686

View attachment 810688

View attachment 810689
View attachment 810690

Cookies look delicious. I’am sure everyone at Kyles office will enjoy eating them.

Congratulations to your hubby and son on their successful hunting trip.

That is cute. Yep those little boys do tend to be rambunctious. Our grandson was a runner at times.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to B.

View attachment 810694

View attachment 810695

View attachment 810696

Schumi pretty picture from your walk. I always do major house cleaning too before I leave for a trip. It is always nice to return home to a clean house.

Enjoy the packing and have a wonderful trip. Your will be in your happy place before you know it.

Not much going on in my neck of the woods. Been fairly quiet here.

Son is coming over in a little while and we are going to lunch. We will let him choose were he wants to go. Always nice to get some time with him.

I need to get up to my office and take care of some business on my desk. Maybe wrap a few more Christmas gifts. Trying to be more organized this year. I always start shopping early. I have a lot of people to buy for so that helps a lot.

I watched little J on Monday. We had a fun time at Target and the Mall. Of course we had our Starbucks at Target. He gets a apple juice and I get my coffee. He wanted another Rubik‘s Cube so we got another one. He forgot his other one over at my sisters. So now he has a spare.

Need to get scootin. Our son is on his way.

Have a wonderful Wednesday everyone.

Thank you Robbie.....looking forward to getting back and seeing everyone there again.

Hope you have a lovely visit with your son :)

I seen that it's hump day today! I am working the weekend - but at least it's not a very physical job. It can be mentally exhausting though. I'm hoping the bug/flu that has been going around taking out lots of people from working everyday is now petering out. Having to fill last minute sick calls is always sooo much fun :sad2: OH well - it's part of the job.

I have the some venison tenderloins out for supper tonight. Thinking some type of quick marinade then into the the oven. I'm still figuring out the new oven. We typically don't use the smaller game for anything other than jerky, beer/pepperoni sticks and making our own homemade sausage.

Need to get to the gym tonight. I tried last night. By the time I was done with dinner - plus my part of the clean up ( as one ds is out of town for work ) and I took a few minutes to relax it was past 8:00 already :eek: I don't like going to late either. So I did a walking video off of youtube to get some steps in. But tonight - I'm going!

@schumigirl have a FANTASTIC time!!! I can't wait for your little check ins while your down there. I will be living vicariously through them! Have a great trip!

Have a great day everyone!!! Off to shuffle a few papers

Hope you avoid the lergy......

Thank you, I`m sure I`ll be popping in from time to time......and yes, we`ll do our best to have fun :)

Packing has been done.....I was impressed with how I managed to cut out some clothes! But, should be ok and not see any extra charges tomorrow night when we check our luggage in.

Hoping to sleep tonight, doubt it, and will sleep even less tomorrow night, despite it being a lovely comfy bed, excitement kicks in.

Will catch up with you ladies when I get a chance, and look forward to meeting up with Janet and her mister again, meeting Ruth and her daughter too and saskdw for the first time as well as our usual friends, can`t wait!!

i-VZF4Qrm-Th.gif

Happy trails Schumi !

Thanks so much mac.....appreciate it!! And yep, as predicted up far too early this morning!! Catch up soon :)

Stayed up late thinking I`d sleep better, not so much!!

I did wake up hungry this morning, so made a slice of toast with a very early pot of tea, will manage something before the car service arrives to take us up to the airport which will get us to the Radisson for lunchtime....nice timing!!

Last minute packing before we leave, then looks like we`ll be travelling up in a mix of rain and sunshine.

Catch up with some of you ladies later.......:)

i-hCDmjk3-S.gif

cv136-S.jpg

cv91-S.jpg

Happy Thursday ☺️

Safe travels today, and have a quick and uneventful flight tomorrow, Schumi. Hope some great warm weather for your trip.

Ah, a Thirsty Thursday is here. Was thirsty when I woke up. Quick shower, tea made, and laptop on for some time now.

Getting out of the city wasn’t too bad. Maybe because we were allowed to leave early, due to need for parking lot to be clear of cars earlier than first expected. Fine with me. Less traffic in the afternoon commutes is always appreciated. As so as early leaving times too. But happy it’s not next year yet. As would be commuting today.

And so, we again had clear skies in the overnight, to have seen exactly the same few degrees above freezing, as saw on outside thermometer, when DH went out to get something from his car in that wee hour get up time we both have. But still nice to have that clear sky again all day, with strong enough sunshine to be in the mid 60’s late this afternoon. Love those clear sky, warmer Fall afternoons.

Finally, it’s time to refill that tea mug for the third time. And time to get back to routine. So hope all have a most Terrific Thirsty Thursday. And yay,

IMG_2550.jpeg
Woof, woot! ::yes::

One day closer. :santa:

Have a safe trip, Carole, and we can't wait to meet with you and Tom too! I am impressed that you culled down your wardrobe packing! I haven't started to do that yet, but I hope I can eliminate some things. It seems like I just keep adding items, not deleting, LOL. '
We are getting really excited now and still have to get through Thanksgiving and a birthday before we leave on Sunday!
Robin is trying to talk me into the velosacoaster (sp) but I'm going to opt out of that one!!! We will see!

I will say...I'm glad it's Thursday!

The skies are blue right now and the sun is shinning. The forecast is the chinook winds will come in this afternoon and overnight. I'm prepared for a windy night. The next few days are going to be unseasonably warm- then cool to more normal temperatures.

I did make it to the gym last night! I've got it scheduled in again for tonight! Hoping I am not too tired to go.

Taco rice bowls are on the menu for tonight. Easy and filling for a quick week day meal.

Off to shuffle more papers around.

Have a great day everyone!

Have a safe trip, Carole, and we can't wait to meet with you and Tom too! I am impressed that you culled down your wardrobe packing! I haven't started to do that yet, but I hope I can eliminate some things. It seems like I just keep adding items, not deleting, LOL. '
We are getting really excited now and still have to get through Thanksgiving and a birthday before we leave on Sunday!
Robin is trying to talk me into the velosacoaster (sp) but I'm going to opt out of that one!!! We will see!

You have to go on the Velocicoaster Ruth, you know you want to……lol…..

We found out tonight doing twilight check in we’ve moved up a level with Virgin and could have had a third suitcase……lol…..I almost exploded!!!! So funny though in the grand scale of things…….

I will say...I'm glad it's Thursday!

The skies are blue right now and the sun is shinning. The forecast is the chinook winds will come in this afternoon and overnight. I'm prepared for a windy night. The next few days are going to be unseasonably warm- then cool to more normal temperatures.

I did make it to the gym last night! I've got it scheduled in again for tonight! Hoping I am not too tired to go.

Taco rice bowls are on the menu for tonight. Easy and filling for a quick week day meal.

Off to shuffle more papers around.

Sounds decent weather pumpkin……don’t beat yourself up about missing the gym, you’ll have plenty of nights you’ll make it!

Had such a lovely day so far, arrived in time for lunch which was very nice indeed. Did twilight check in so suitcases have gone, been in the lounge since then, wine, cocktails and some nice snack food has kept us going nicely.

Never seen the executive lounge so quiet though…..there are 6 of us in here tonight, usually it’s very busy, but it’s nice.

It’s lovely just chilling and watching the airport comings and goings out the window of the lounge. We have a runway view from our room so we can go to sleep tonight watching the lights aside us.

Will try for an early night though……..

IMG_3006.jpeg

My dog wrote me an excuse for my absence, then he ate it.

it’s been a busy week between DS slowly making progress re his health, helping the youngest get things ready for hosting his Friendsgiving this Saturday (for 30 people, no less) & the girls night out to see “the girls” of RuPaul Drag Race. What a hoot. Seats were great, some PG pics

One of my favs, Heidi N. Closet (what a drag name lol)
IMG_1672.jpeg

“Cher”
IMG_1673.jpeg

The splits ”Marilyn” did, whoa
IMG_1675.jpeg

And this year’s winner of drag race, Jimbo. Did a take on the Justin timberlake christmas “classic” ummm, let’s call it something in a box.
IMG_1676.jpeg
My sister sent me a picture of her white Christmas Tree she decorated today. It is beautiful.
I do believe there is a strong “decorating” gene that runs in your family!
Oh you have to go Glam and Christmas for that show!!!! That will be amazing and yes, I`d take to dollars just in case, sounds so much fun!
Not to disappoint :). enjoying a pre concert drink at our seats
IMG_8960.jpeg
Janet, not boring at all, those pictures are amazing!! And to know what your dad did must have filled you with so much pride and very emotional when you went on the ship. That generation seem a long time ago now.
Yes, so important to remember the greatest generation
Wagyu ribeye for din.
Yum, i couldn’t resist this wagu cheesesteak last night. Smart idea for the restaurant to use up the bits

IMG_4209.jpeg

Cool place, a RC church turned into a brewery/restaurant. They were featured on that ghost hunter show

https://www.travelchannel.com/shows.../complete-guide-to-binge-fright-club-season-1

IMG_1640.jpeg

20k run early this morning then he was my assistant in the kitchen today, he washed the baking trays after each batch of 6, took most of the afternoon but it was lovely having him with me today, we had a lot of laughs while we were in the kitchen.
20K, holy 🐄
He went to Publix and picked up a few pork steaks.
Turned out to be nice for a change of regular menu.
I can’t remember the last time I made those. Mr won’t eat pork other than ham or bacon.
did my time when my 4 boys were young and was glad when they out grew that stage.
we really like our city’s zoo, it’s up and down cardiac hills, a good hike
We know our team will be going to one, we just don’t know which one yet. We have decided that we will attend if it is one we can drive to within reason.
Now, that sounds like a ton of fun!

IMG_4210.jpeg For your DD!
I know we will feel silly when we arrive at MCO in our jackets and jeans and long sleeve tshirts
Like Lynne, I‘m a quick change artist in the airport bathroom both coming & going. Even the shoes change.
It must have been very emotional to visit the actual ship your Dad was on.
It actually did take me by surprise that way. Was such a lovely experience. Only regret was the USS Arizona memorial was under renovation & we didn’t get to take the boat over to it.
Our grandson lost 30 lbs in one month with not being able to keep any food in and when they were going to schedule him for a colonoscopy they told him it would be in 3 weeks!!!!! He told them he wouldn't be Here in 3 weeks and needed to be seen now. That worked, and it was the truth. He was very sick. Like your son, he is on antibiotics and doing better.
Oh my goodness, that sounds awful. My DS has followup appts with both family dr and the GI office (well, first one as they cancelled on us last week). What was really strange is it’s the same large practice he sees for another sub-speciality that falls under GI practices. The doctors/sites all tend to stick to specific issues
Hello homies
long time since I have posted cause so much going on with my health and with family members that I haven't had the time but I will try to catch up and be on more often.
St L, welcome home! We will leave a light on for you.
Yay! Now to get the rental car down to a much lower price.
I’ve been checking often as it’s close for us. rental car savers has been producing vs auto slash lately. Our original rate, nearly cut in half For a midsize thru hertz, linking my reward account to walk out to garage & pick off reward aisle
one of these days I swear I will make here before the sun sets in the evening.
Hmm, she only comes out at night? Do you eat garlic? Lol JK. Know you are a busy woman.
But tonight - I'm going!
You, go, girl! i need to get back on hamster wheel
Will catch up with you ladies when I get a chance, and look forward to meeting up with Janet and her mister again, meeting Ruth and her daughter too and saskdw for the first time as well as our usual friends, can`t wait!!
Happy trails to you. you are heavily booked again this trip for ‘ellos. cya soon!

Keisha, great pictures and looks like you had a really fun time. Safe travels to you too, and hope a great fun cruise, and park fun. Sorry to miss ya this trip. I was watching that expedition show, and the current new season first show was he helping to recover WWII MIAs remains in the South Pacific. I guess my dad was one of the lucky ones, as in the Army, in those small Japanese islands in response to the attach. One of those drafted, and came home after the end of the war. A day of Infamy, lest we never forget the attack and those lost that day’s date coming up two weeks from now. Never got to Hawaii yet. But did get to Okinawa, Japan, due to that week day routine trip there.

Ah that lazy Friday for me is here. Did wake up with DH just before the alarm went off. Took a short shower, and hair now refreshed after my salon visit last night. So decided I was hungry, and made eggs, with red peppers and, onion added on DH’s side. Then bacon, home fries, and toast. I’m full now. Little one wants to get to that huge mall today, so I’ll probably be hungry as when we get there, and I’m sure little one would want to eat somewhere there, so I will too.

Ten degrees above where we were yesterday. Mostly cloudy, and windy enough will make it feel cooler. But still having that nice 60’s high temp later in the afternoon. At least the rain start to Orlando is much warmer than me right now. Our first rain chances are tomorrow. Then some next week predicted. We had a dry week so far. But Sunday predicted to be that cool, 52 the high, and full day of sun. Yay if true.

So a most Fabulous Friday, I hope all have. Safe flight to Schumi today. Hoping over the sea to warmer weather.

One of my buddies, Mike, started as a history buff and scubadiver and became a shipwreck researcher and has brought some closure to quite a few families researching historical shipwrecks. He's been on other shows as well.
The boat captains on the show are friends as well, we've shared shipwreck coordinates to help him find missing wrecks.
The greatest generation definitely deserves all the respect we can give them.
https://www.history.com/shows/the-bermuda-triangle-into-cursed-waters/cast

Happy Friday. I have been awake since 5:00. I see a nap in my near future.
B had a good birthday on Tuesday. We went to a Mexican restaurant in the mall. They have a birthday package you can purchase. You get a dessert of choice, small pinata, and a sombrero. The staff wear silly masks and sing. It was kind of corny but also fun. After dinner we went to see The Marvels.

Today I need to take Caspian to the vet's office to have his nails trimmed. I managed to get him to take gabapentin, but he doesn't seem to be calming down. I hope he does before I have to put him in the carrier. I have a haircut scheduled for this afternoon. I might go a little shorter than usual.

Kids went out and ate at Sheetz for lunch. Thought food was good. Wish they were closer to us, but not that far away.
We have several Sheets in town and may be getting our first WaWa soon. I think it is going to be near our airport.

I have just started shopping. I have a few things coming from Amazon next week. Do you do Black Friday sales? I avoid them.

I did not ride the velocicoaster but B loved it. Hagrid's motorbike was the most intense coaster I could handle.

I need to start prepping the house for Caspian's vet visit. This means closing all the doors so he can't escape into another room when I try to put him in the carrier.

Safe travels to Schumi today.

Morning all!

Robbie -think I forgot to thank you for the sweet potato rec. I love seeing hand written ones, bit of history there, too. I treasure the old, metal box my mom used to keep hers in, written on note cards for safekeeping. Not so much for reference, just a way of remembrance

I kid you not…after the mr tasted my beef vegetable soup for the first time, he had me write it out for him. Then, promptly put it in his safe. Helped to seal the deal in my mind :)

Carole should be flying the friendly skies by now. Hopefully, missing that heavy rain that’s been soaking Miami area

Cold front coming Thru here today. A strong storm system. Naturally, during hours I need to use turnpike. Ugh.

Nothing scarier than seeing an 18 wheeler starting to slide down a mountain at 80 mph. Think I’ll take the back roads, even if takes twice as long.

On 2nd thot, the idiots with AWD or 4WD who think they are invincible, until they hit black ice on an overpass, trump that driving hazard.

Welcome to the north, It’s that most wonderful time of the year :bitelip:

Storms forecast for Lynne’s way over thanksgiving & that Fri. I’m hoping they blow thru before we fly Saturday.

Good day all, where ever you roam!

Yeah, Keisha, our high for Thanksgiving is cool. Not the first year, with the first time years ago, froze my butt off on back Friday. For some time now, online mostly and will go out to a few places before I turn that laptop on next Friday.

Ooh little one said I’d see how now. Um, have yet. May do that are you ready tell in another 10 minutes or so. I know better than to receive a nasty response. Both my kids are not early risers.

Quick Friday stop in!

I had a dr appointment for a wellness check yesterday. Stopped at a lab this morning for routine bloodwork. Hopefully all comes out well.

DH wasn't home for supper last night - so taco bowls were passed off until tonight. It was fend for yourself night. I had tacos - with the left over ground meat from Monday night and a bowl of cereal :rotfl: Ds found odds and ends too to eat. DH was at a Chamber of Commerce meeting about things going on in our area. He said it was interesting - and changed his views on a few things that pertain to our area.

Tonight is Taco bowls for dinner. And then probably and early night - as I'm working homecare and my day starts at 7:00. I think dh and ds are going out hunting for the big game animal to fill the freezer. They have Saturday dawn and dusk and Sunday morning to make it happen.

The chinook winds have arrived and it's warm again here! They said it was supposed to be and El Nino winter - so warmer than usual - and lots of snow in the latter part. So far - it's a mild winter.

Ah that lazy Friday for me is here.
Enjoy that lazy Friday!!!!!
B had a good birthday on Tuesday. We went to a Mexican restaurant in the mall. They have a birthday package you can purchase. You get a dessert of choice, small pinata, and a sombrero. The staff wear silly masks and sing. It was kind of corny but also fun. After dinner we went to see The Marvels.
IT's great B had a good birthday! I love going to places like that - it makes the day fun!

How was the Marvels? I've been eying it up. I'm needing to something different than just being at home every night.
On 2nd thot, the idiots with AWD or 4WD who think they are invincible, until they hit black ice on an overpass, trump that driving hazard.

Welcome to the north, It’s that most wonderful time of the year :bitelip:
WE have LOTS of those idiots on the roads here too - driving big trucks :rolleyes1 Sigh :sad2:
Both my kids are not early risers.
I am lucky - both ds are early risers. But it also might be because they usually start work at 7:00 am every day.

Well, I should go shuffle some papers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter