Something About Nothing............ #14

Woot for Bobbie!!

Congrats on it all going fast and smooth.
You can sleep once you move to Florida.

You will be surprised on how fast you can get everything packed up.

Hopefully you can time it so the house you plan on will be clear and empty for when you move.
If not, extended stay motels/hotels would be a temporary place for you.

Nice thing is, your winter will be green and not white this year.
Say goodbye to snow!

congratulations on this good news!

::yes::

Hi everyone:yay: I am going to do a quick drive by update then hope to catch up....Brian got the committment letter on Friday for the job so we called our realator and had everything put into motion to put our house on the market. We signed the paper work Sunday and he said it would be listed in 24 to 48 hours, so we figured we had a day or 2 to get prepared, well... it came on right away and by Sunday dinner time I had multiple showing times for Monday:scared1:. We were frantic trying to finish up everything within 12 hours. We had no sleep on Sunday night then Monday we had to have a bad storm, so we spent most of the day in our cars for the showings. Yesterday we got an offer and we accepted so we had to sign everything but there were still showings yesterday so we had to go through with them. In the meantime I am looking at houses to buy so I litterally was on a call with one realator Brian was on the other phone in the same room with the other. SO.. we found a house and put a bid now we are waiting to see if they are accepting our offer. It is the perfect house for what we need and want.

The teens Covid test came back negative. Thank you for the good luck vibes!!!

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome back I can't wait till things settle down and I have time to come on more.

I hope everyone is doing well and have a great day!!

Congratulations bobbie.....on the letter and the house sale.....hope it all goes easily for you now....and good news on the teens!!

Keep us updated.......and continued good wishes!!!

I made the cut! Pun intended on schedule in the am

This car, Altima, has the cheapest tires. Nice for a change

Me & mine. Would get it for the pooch if I could

Speed of light! Didn’t even have to bury Saint Joseph on his head in the back yard:cloud9:to make it so

Yea!

Yay......good to hear you got green for go tomorrow......all good wishes for that!

Never heard of the St Joseph thing??????

St Joseph baby aspirin was what my mom gave us as kids when we had a fever.

Wait, that’s not the St Joe she is talking about

St Joesph was a saint in the Catholic Church.

St Joseph baby aspirin was what my mom gave us as kids when we had a fever.

Wait, that’s not the St Joe she is talking about

St Joesph was a saint in the Catholic Church.

Why bury him head upside down in the garden? Is it a good luck thing to sell a home quickly?

edit.......lol....yes, a quick Google came up with the answer.......it was indeed supposed to sell a home quickly........aren`t old traditions funny. I love reading about things like that......

Hello. Another quick post. I am chilling in the motel room while B and dh go to the skybridge. Today we did some shopping. Gatlinburg has way too many tacky souvenir shops, but there are a few good ones mixed in. B found a shirt that she really liked. when she and dh went to the skybridge I went back to the shop to buy it for her for Christmas, but they were already closed. I will try to get back again before we leave.

Charade hope you feel better soon. Change of diet perhaps with being away?
I have been eating way too much on this trip. t was probably a combination of everything I ate last night.

Hope you got the reflux under control......
Thanks. Fortunately I remembered to bring along some medicine.

Pretty imaginative elf on shelf at GD house this am
Cute, and very appropriate for 2020.

Has anyone started to receive Christmas cards yet?
I think we have received one so far. We haven't sent any in years.

Brian got the committment letter on Friday for the job so we called our realator and had everything put into motion to put our house on the market. We signed the paper work Sunday and he said it would be listed in 24 to 48 hours, so we figured we had a day or 2 to get prepared, well... it came on right away and by Sunday dinner time I had multiple showing times for Monday:scared1:. We were frantic trying to finish up everything within 12 hours. We had no sleep on Sunday night then Monday we had to have a bad storm, so we spent most of the day in our cars for the showings. Yesterday we got an offer and we accepted so we had to sign everything but there were still showings yesterday so we had to go through with them. In the meantime I am looking at houses to buy so I litterally was on a call with one realator Brian was on the other phone in the same room with the other. SO.. we found a house and put a bid now we are waiting to see if they are accepting our offer. It is the perfect house for what we need and want.
Congratulations. That was fast. I guess it is meant to be. Good luck house hunting in Florida.

The teens Covid test came back negative. Thank you for the good luck vibes!!!
Great news!

I'm going to try to rest a bit before going to dinner tonight. We have decided to go to Dolly Parton's Stampede.

Great your niece got some spending money around the holidays, and much success to her with her last year of college, Agavegirl.

Sounds like a fun time, and hope you enjoy your meal tonight, Charade. Hope you get the shirt tomorrow.

Well, and evening it is. Errands done, and decided pancakes for dinner. That and spanakopita. Scrambled eggs and bacon in there too. We had little one’s chicken stir fry for lunch, so decided breakfast foods for dinner. Nothing left for both meals.

Cool feeling night, so tea cup being sipped.

Feeling groovy, hence tonight’s light:
46840822-6DCC-471F-829F-2CC68483556C.jpeg

Yeah, luckily, Mac, I make a good red sauce and cook pasta just right, most of the time. Little one is a pasta Dan, so we have pasta at least once a week.

Hey, just realized, last 2 Fridays I was off. Gotta keep that going, so will take this Friday off too. Yay!

Get ready to drink up, a Thirsty Thursday is coming up.

Ooh, DH is watching his screen with his eyes closed. Maybe I can sneak and switch channel, as he watches odd stuff sometimes.

Woot... Lynne has another 4 day work week again.

I think my sauce tonight was too sour as the tomatoes I used were not ripe enough.
No way to doctor it up so tossed that leftover sauce in the trash can.

You all come over for dinner on Thursday!
Roasted chicken for all.

Thanks for all the compliments on my niece's ad campaign. She is not a model. She is a Senior in college majoring in business. This is apparently a part time job for spending money or something. Hence, the reason it was a surprise.

Nice thing for her to do for some fun, she could very easily be a model......all best wishes to her in her career.

Woot... Lynne has another 4 day work week again.

I think my sauce tonight was too sour as the tomatoes I used were not ripe enough.
No way to doctor it up so tossed that leftover sauce in the trash can.

You all come over for dinner on Thursday!
Roasted chicken for all.

Love roast chicken! It`s one of those meals that just warms you through in the winter......

Good night everyone. I have another picture to share.

View attachment 541714

Beautiful lights Charade......

Another week that seems to be just flying past.......I swear Christmas will be here tomorrow at this rate! I do love December and the build up to the big day itself......decorations, lights, and Christmas DVD`s every night......

Although this year we are missing out many things. Our charity gala event that was becoming a yearly event, nights out with friends, Carol services and our annual Boxing Day bash we`ll all miss this year. And of course no family visits for us. But, we are lucky and we plan to have a lovely time anyway.

Today is some grocery shopping.....mainly for fresh produce as we need very little and we`ll pick up some bits and bobs along the way. Our village paharmacy has some beautiful gifts in a separate part of the store, it`s always lovely to wander in and see what they have, they make it very festive. And they stock Yankee Candles.....so, there`s always something to buy.

Looks dull and grey outside, it`s around 36F right now.......time for bundling up outside.

i-qTfQzsG-M.gif

cv26-S.jpg

cv24-S.png

Happy Thirsty Thursday

Wow Bobbie what a busy time but great news for you! Once signed by both parties is that in the US? No backing out by either side? Our system in the UK is archaic and so slow and either side can pull out right until the exchange date.

Cam lovely photo again. We normally visit a village in the Peak District that do beautiful Christmas lights but they are in Tier 3 until the 16th at least so cannot visit yet.

My doctor has said I need to have the flu vaccine (I only had it once and was unwell so didn’t repeat it) due to my low immune system so rather than go to the doctor Kev has booked us both at a pharmacy on Monday.

We had a good grocery delivery and all stocked up again. I didn’t get my Christmas cards finished - just the family ones.

Will make cottage pie for tonight and may bake if we don’t go out.

Off to unload the washer now and tidy round before another coffee.

Happy Thursday all.

A happy Good Morning to Schumi and Julie.

Sounds like a grocery day for both of you.

F6B9C2E5-90F7-4248-81F5-C1C3C23EE329.jpeg

Yeah, so many holiday events have either not going to happen, or so modified, eh, not interested. But a few. And so nice to see all the lights and enjoy some food items that return only at this time of year.

And ah yes,

9DB89FD4-B1EE-49B0-B5A1-EAD38219A600.jpeg

Hehe, wouldn’t that be a great water dispenser to have? Drink before 5 pm? Think at least 3 homies have.

See, I am sure Schumi had her tea, and Julie probably had coffee, thus, I’ll join in. Tea for me this morning.

Therefore, homies, join us and throwing back a drink or too, as be thirsty. It’s a Thursday. Uh huh.

A totally terrific Thirsty Thursday to all the homies. And join Mac today, chicken, yum. No offense to MonyK’s feathered girls.

Which reminds me, hey MonyK, where are you? Goes to Kfish too.

Yeah, I know, more tea. 😊

Wow Bobbie what a busy time but great news for you! Once signed by both parties is that in the US? No backing out by either side? Our system in the UK is archaic and so slow and either side can pull out right until the exchange date.

England could do to adopt the Scottish system, it`s much better. And gazumping is almost unheard of happening. While not illegal, it`s rare. Once you agree, the house is taken off the market.

We`ve been fortunate in England we have always avoided a chain and managed private sales every time.

A happy Good Morning to Schumi and Julie.

Sounds like a grocery day for both of you.

View attachment 541739

Yeah, so many holiday events have either not going to happen, or so modified, eh, not interested. But a few. And so nice to see all the lights and enjoy some food items that return only at this time of year.

And ah yes,

View attachment 541738

Hehe, wouldn’t that be a great water dispenser to have? Drink before 5 pm? Think at least 3 homies have.

See, I am sure Schumi had her tea, and Julie probably had coffee, thus, I’ll join in. Tea for me this morning.

Therefore, homies, join us and throwing back a drink or too, as be thirsty. It’s a Thursday. Uh huh.

A totally terrific Thirsty Thursday to all the homies. And join Mac today, chicken, yum. No offense to MonyK’s feathered girls.

Which reminds me, hey MonyK, where are you? Goes to Kfish too.

Yeah, I know, more tea. 😊

Nope, tea before 5 is just fine......

Enjoying a diet pepsi with lunch today.

The farm store we went to this morning was so busy. But, we got what we needed and put in our order for our veg for Christmas....they deliver on Christmas Eve which saves buying it elsewhere. So, now our two turkey`s are ordered and may pick up a third just to cook and freeze too, veg is sorted and we have our grocery order in place for the 23rd. Sorted!

Never do store bought desserts so they`ll be made fresh and I`ll bake and cook things for freezing ahead of time, like mini sausage rolls, but most is fresh. Although there is a store that do a very nice dessert Tom likes.

Lunch is brioche buns and dinner is stuffed chicken breast wrapped in parma ham with all the usual sides.....might make a sauce.

It is cold now outside. So, no plans to go out rest of today, but will pop out in the morning for a quick drop into our butcher for bacon. And looking forward to wathcing the GP this weekend as the driver we don`t like isn`t racing......we can enjoy it now!

Hope everyone`s Thursday is going to be a good one......

And shout out to our lovely Keisha......hope it goes well today :hug:

Schumi I think I'd like to hire you as my personal chef. Or at least my meal planner! Everything you make sounds so good!

Agave your niece is gorgeous and how fun that she is getting to do that ad campaign!

Keisha good luck today! Hope all goes well for you. (Sprinkles mummy dust pixiedust:)

Charade what a fun picture of Gaitlinburg! I love Christmas lights like that!

Bobbie congrats on your whirlwind move and hubs job change!

And with that, Lynne I'm also ready for Thirsty Thursday! I will be joining with my caramel latte this morning. Although I find myself wishing it was an Irish coffee! Its "warmer" today - 30 degrees, but our lake is now completely frozen over from the last couple of days. Busy couple of weeks ahead for me - our health system is gearing up for the Covid vaccine so means lots of programming for me. But I am super excited that it will hopefully be approved soon and will be one of the people in line with Schumi's express pass for it as soon as I can!

Also might try making some cookies tonight...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter