Something About Nothing............ #14

Had big T storm last night! Moved in so fast. But didn’t last long. We’re not talking about Florida type T storms!

Charade I looked at bigger Walmart today, found a black Scooby tee same print but no bats. One more Walmart to look at! I really like that light purple colour!

Pumpkin loved the clip! So funny! At CBR!

Robo glad the headache went away!
Love Confisco! Great photo of Dark Arts show!

Schumi! Oh you didn’t! Hilarious about the card!

Real sounds like a great day in Devon, for Louie too! Great photo! I do see Louie!

Lynne oh I hope you’re far from the crying kid! Lucky you only a 2 hr flight!
I have my poncho packed! Paddle wasn’t exactly relaxing. Lol. We had 2 boats out, of 6. And we went at it, race pace! I’m in an outrigger club.

Robo I usually get our dogs a special treat for their birthdays and Christmas lol! We had a lab once who absolutely expected a present under the tree for her. So I started buying her something and wrapping it. She wouldn’t leave me alone after we started opening presents until she got hers! She would take it downstairs and unwrap it then run upstairs to the living room with it to show everyone!

Monykalyn sounds like you’re having a good time! Room & nap is best use of a rainy day!
How are the crowds during the day?

Charade we stopped getting each other big presents awhile ago. Because we get other things. This year it’s my new hybrid suv, when ever it arrives with all the shortages. Other years it was a trip, or new 65” tv etc.

Keisha that’s exactly why I can’t watch scary movies I’m way too jumpy! Then I wake up with nightmares!
Wow a shooting at a baby shower? Crazy!

Charade well it could’ve been worse! At least B didn’t take it all the way off down to the scalp! Lol. And so typical of dad not noticing!

Lynne that’s a pleasant view. Are you at SF? I’m looking forward to my first stay there, even if it’s only 2 nights!

Watching Pirates of the Caribbean for Talk Like a Pirate Daypirate: Tried to convince DS to watch an older Disney pirate movie, like Treasure Island or Blackbeard's Ghost, but no dice. The first Pirates movie is good though.

Got some outside Halloween decorations up. Need to do more tomorrow or Tuesday. We don't have many inside. Well, not many that don't stay up all year anyway:rotfl2:

Hoping to take donate some clothes and stuff tomorrow. Feels good to get rid of stuff.

Tried to convince DS to go bike riding after dinner, but he complained that he ate too much too quickly. He doesn't really like going for bike rides, but he doesn't get any exercise otherwise. I'll make him do it later in the week and next week when DH is gone to race his car at Indy.

@Lynne G Hope you have a great time.

View from room:

View attachment 606027

Hope it is quiet. Meeting up with MonyK later, as we both want to wait out the rain that is to come. Had quite the downpour around 3:30 this afternoon.

Hope all have a nice Sunday night.
Nice view. Hope the rain let up for you.

Charade I looked at bigger Walmart today, found a black Scooby tee same print but no bats. One more Walmart to look at! I really like that light purple colour!
I hope you find it. Mine looks blue to me. I checked my Kohl's, but unfortunately they are sold out. I'd bring you one if they had it.

I was looking through old pictures and found a good night light for Mac. This belonged to Milton Hershey. It cost $5000 back in 1901.

I hope you find it. Mine looks blue to me. I checked my Kohl's, but unfortunately they are sold out. I'd bring you one if they had it.

I was looking through old pictures and found a good night light for Mac. This belonged to Milton Hershey. It cost $5000 back in 1901.

View attachment 606068

aww thanks! I did get the black one, has same print but no bats.

And just like that...the weekend is over :sad: back to work tomorrow.

If I close and eyes, click my heels and wish can I get an extra day or two (paid of course) before I have to go back to work. Oh well...every good thing always comes to an end.

Puttered around the house again. Sold a few more things on FB marketplace, made banana muffins, and banana bread, also whipped up a bunch of quick easy lower calorie bagels to grab and take the mornings for work. I can toast them at work and eat at my desk with my morning tea.

Well, I'm going to relax with the remote for a bit then head to bed. Mornings always seem to come fast.

Had big T storm last night! Moved in so fast. But didn’t last long. We’re not talking about Florida type T storms!

Schumi! Oh you didn’t! Hilarious about the card!

Charade we stopped getting each other big presents awhile ago. Because we get other things. This year it’s my new hybrid suv, when ever it arrives with all the shortages. Other years it was a trip, or new 65” tv etc.

I love a good storm!

Yes, I did indeed. Got fed up with her preaching over the years.....even though I don`t see her often, she stays with her sister when she visits from France in an annexe, but it`s still too often. She`s cheap and not someone I`d ever be friends with.

We love still giving each other presents at Christmas/birthdays.....but doesn`t stop us still getting larger things whenever we like........I guess the child in us still loves to see those beatifully wrapped presents on Christmas morning.

Watching Pirates of the Caribbean for Talk Like a Pirate Daypirate: Tried to convince DS to watch an older Disney pirate movie, like Treasure Island or Blackbeard's Ghost, but no dice. The first Pirates movie is good though.

Got some outside Halloween decorations up. Need to do more tomorrow or Tuesday. We don't have many inside. Well, not many that don't stay up all year anyway:rotfl2:

Hoping to take donate some clothes and stuff tomorrow. Feels good to get rid of stuff.

Tried to convince DS to go bike riding after dinner, but he complained that he ate too much too quickly. He doesn't really like going for bike rides, but he doesn't get any exercise otherwise. I'll make him do it later in the week and next week when DH is gone to race his car at Indy.

@Lynne G Hope you have a great time.

Hope you enjoyed the bike ride....

Love the PoTC movies.....won`t watch anything now without Mr Depp in it....he is Capt Jack Sparrow. I told Tom he`s getting a bottle of the aftershave he advertises because that company didn`t sack him......I`ll show my support for him.

View attachment 606068

I love that night light!

Certainly need one now as it`s almost completely dark before 6 when I get up.

And just like that...the weekend is over :sad: back to work tomorrow.

If I close and eyes, click my heels and wish can I get an extra day or two (paid of course) before I have to go back to work. Oh well...every good thing always comes to an end.

Puttered around the house again. Sold a few more things on FB marketplace, made banana muffins, and banana bread, also whipped up a bunch of quick easy lower calorie bagels to grab and take the mornings for work. I can toast them at work and eat at my desk with my morning tea.

Well, I'm going to relax with the remote for a bit then head to bed. Mornings always seem to come fast.

I wish I liked banana`s.......everyone loves banana bread except me......

Hope you have a great week ahead......

Sun is coming up a little now, but my goodness it`s much cooler this morning, I think it`ll be hoodies for our walk in an hour or so. It`s 48F and not going to get much warmer before lunchtime. We`ve been lucky so far that we haven`t worn a hoodie often these last months, but we are into the last part of September now, so I shouldn`t be surprised.

Poached eggs for breakfast, still trying to work through the load we got last week from the farmer and he left some more at the gate yesterday. We`ll be egged out. MIght make a quiche for dinner tonight and have some salad with it, that`ll work.

But, it`s Monday again........hope everyone in Orlando is having a blast!! My American cousin and her husband are back this week too and thanks to mac, they`re firmly in place with a private RIP tour......mac, they are so thrilled to be doing it and send you so many thanks for the time you took to organise it for them and guide them through it all.....they won`t forget that!!!!

i-g5448Z8-Th.gif

i-grvSmCk-S.gif

cv138-S.jpg

Have a lovely Monday whatever you`re doing........:flower1:

Well here it is, 3:30am woke up now can’t get back to sleep ugh.

Shumi we still give eachother presents under the tree, just not big ones on years we’re we are already getting big things ie the other year we got a 65” tv in Dec and decided that was our Christmas gift. And our stockings are always full.
It’s getting to be hoodie weather here too. I hate these shorter days, especially when it gets dark so early. I’m definitely a summer person.

Getting ready for trip. I had booked my travel Covid test at one local clinic, but got an email from them the other day saying they were having to close for 2 weeks and referred me to another clinic. Scary. Guess they must have had an outbreak. Appt. made at other clinic. Can’t do the airport test this time, my flight is at 6am, and clinic doesn’t open until 5am, which won’t give me enough time to check in with baggage, go through security and customs and get to gate.
I remember a time when getting to the airport an hour before flight was enough! Now lucky if 2 hrs is enough, 3 if international.

Hair appt has been booked weeks ago. But have to book mani/pedi yet.

Think I may try to get back to sleep!

Well here it is, 3:30am woke up now can’t get back to sleep ugh.

Shumi we still give eachother presents under the tree, just not big ones on years we’re we are already getting big things ie the other year we got a 65” tv in Dec and decided that was our Christmas gift. And our stockings are always full.
It’s getting to be hoodie weather here too. I hate these shorter days, especially when it gets dark so early. I’m definitely a summer person.

I would hope so Sue!!! Presents are always lovely…….we do both most years, but we’re always being told we do things over the top and extravagant……we always say why not 😜

I love autumn, don’t mind hoodie weather at all.

Hope you get back to sleep though……

Surprisingly gorgeous day here, didn’t expect it to be so nice, so the walk although we thought it was going to be cool, was beautiful. Hoodie was off after the 2nd mile. Finished after 8 miles.

Lovely way to spend a morning.

Lunch is turkey slices with salad and sitting outside in the sunshine to enjoy it.

Decided to make leek and bacon quiche for dinner tonight, will make the pastry this afternoon and hopefully it’ll work out, pastry is a hit and a miss for me.

Time for tea……..

Bacon? I surely heard that too.

Had a great night with MonyK. We got to the park around 9, no line to get in. Three houses, all the scare zones, and a show, and just after midnight, we had enough and took the boats back. Those lines to get into the houses were impressive in their size. Was many steps with the crowds, that never lessened by the time we left. And sadly, have to say, the Nightmare show was a one a and done for me. Not because of the sexiness of the show, even with one moving part the crowd was like what the, ooh damn! It was too long and too repetitive. Though will say, there was a couple parts that were pretty neat, that means if I’m with others, and they want to see, I’d sit through it again. And two funnies: the lady in front of me in the one house, screamed louder and more often than the actors. :laughing: And that high pitched loud scream came from that guy in front of me, I had to giggle a bit as was almost funny his reaction to the scare actor in another house. :laughing:

Ooh so nice of who ever had the room before me. Kindly left the clock alarm to go off a few minutes ago. I was like what’s that sound? Turned it off.

Sue I’m staying in the express giving hotel next store, but will be at SF next week. I very much like SF, the rooms are nice, and the hotel is pretty.

Ack, house keeping in the hallway. I knew better last night. Hung that come back later sign on my door. But people have been in the hallway for at least two hours. Why they have the need talk so much as they go, you can hear them clearly. I don’t sleep as late as I might do later in my stay, but with express and usually week day mornings are not to busy, I have no desire to move fast. Made my tea, as did a lunch stop, then Target run before arriving in that downpour. I try not to drink that local water as much as I can.

And so, a Marvelous Monday is here. Enjoy it homies. We are getting to the end of September. Yay to Fall.

Getting ready to cull thru my clothes I pulled for trip. Was hoping it might be a bit cooler to be able to take long pants for the houses…silly rabbit
She would take it downstairs and unwrap it then run upstairs to the living room with it to show everyone!
O’hana…all family gets a gift lol. None of my other dogs (or cats) would rip open their little gifts. My new one seems to enjoy that process more than said item. He is a spoiled little guy tho :).
Wow a shooting at a baby shower? Crazy!
you’d think that sort of behavior would beyond the world of possibility. However, that was father-to-be‘s response when he was instructed to help transport his child’s gifts back to the baby mama’s house. anything that I say past this point will be held against me :sad2:.

Tried to convince DS to go bike riding after dinner,
i’m starting to be a bit nervous about not having any sort of walking regimen after the broken foot this summer. bonus points, our treadmill decided to stop working. May the Schwartz be with me. Least I won’t be forced to commando or try to keep up a fast walking pace this trip.
made banana muffins, and banana bread
i have multiple zip bags of ‘nanners that went to the other side in my freezer. Too hot to bake most of the summer for my liking. Now, i need to figure out exactly what to do with them. Saw a recipe for oatmeal, banana, peanut butter & raisin cookies but, seemed like just bit too much going on there.

The mr doesn’t eat any sort of sweet bread or muffins (nor pancakes, smoothies, pudding, cream pie…). Probably will just go with muffins & then freeze them individually so I don’t go hog wild on them

We love still giving each other presents at Christmas/birthdays.....but doesn`t stop us still getting larger things whenever we like........I guess the child in us still loves to see those beatifully wrapped presents on Christmas morning.
the mr & I are at the point where we find ourselves starting to give stuff away that is just sitting Gathering dust. other than random watches/jewelry & a few things that catch our attention, tend to just take a bonus travel trip or two & call it a day.

we do tend to hold back on buying non essential big ticket stuff until after Black Friday sales :).

it’s the mostly the same stuff every year for my adult sons. The two who aren’t married get several new household items, shockingly they do appreciate them. A book or magazine subscription & big gift bag of bath & grooming stuff with a couple of nice candles. it’s a rite of passage here to get their own chain saw lol.

My family expects to have their unmentionables & socks replenished. Yes, they do get very excited for new gold toe socks.:)

told Tom he`s getting a bottle of the aftershave he advertises because that company didn`t sack him......I`ll show my support for him.
lol
but got an email from them the other day saying they were having to close for 2 weeks and referred me to another clinic. Scary. Guess they must have had an outbreak.
wow, how telling is that?
And sadly, have to say, the Nightmare show was a one a and done for me
how nice you were able to see Monyk despite the lousy weather. Surprising to read Sunday night ‘rain’ crowd was still heavy, ugh. Probably, majority of out of town guests who didn’t have a choice.

Pitiful they just won’t invest and $$$ into producing new shows up to the quality of the legendary shows of the past
Ack, house keeping in the hallway. I knew better last night.
Have they resumed daily housekeeping?

I think so, Keisha. Heard them in the hallway, though with HR I got cleaning only one day. I was glad to enjoy the HHN without rain, as MonyK and I were smart and entered after it rained. Though was so muggy, yeah I’d bring maybe one pair of lightweight pants, but shorts and a light feeling shirt was the clothing choice last night. Tonight, my phone says rain all night starting in the later afternoon. Eh, I’m glad I went last night, and not needing that hot feeling poncho. But I have some ponchos ready, as Saturday night predicted to be a half chance of raining so far.

Enjoying a sweet in the Today Cafe, and much busier than I thought in years past.

Super slow Monday. I am bored. I have already run out of the usual work and now I am trying to find things to do.
Got the results of my scan back. I have a small, non obstructive stone in my left kidney. I haven’t had anymore pain since the original doctor visit, so I am going to wait and hope it passes on its own.

Good news - the countertop people are coming on Thursday to measure my kitchen.

I wish I liked banana`s.......everyone loves banana bread except me......
I don’t care for bananas either. My husband eats one every morning.

And our stockings are always full.
We haven’t done stockings in years, but we are getting a mantle installed on Friday. I can’t wait to hang stockings.

Had a great night with MonyK.
Glad you had a good night despite all the rain.

Getting ready to cull thru my clothes I pulled for trip. Was hoping it might be a bit cooler to be able to take long pants for the houses…silly rabbit
I’m hoping for temps in the low-mid 80’s.

First thing I do when I get my room is to make sure alarm clock is turned off
Good idea. I’m going to try to remember to do that.

Almost lunchtime. A client just brought us some paw paw fruit. I’ve never eaten one before.

:wave2: Quick Monday morning stop in before shuffling papers.

It was chilly this morning. No frost on the windshield, but I did need to wait for the condensation to go away before I could drive off. Guess I will need to hit the command start in the mornings now :confused3 . Already....the cold weather is slowly making it's way here.

Ooh so nice of who ever had the room before me. Kindly left the clock alarm to go off a few minutes ago. I was like what’s that sound? Turned it off.
I had that happen once...now I always check the alarm clocks. I hope you were able to get back to sleep.
The mr doesn’t eat any sort of sweet bread or muffins (nor pancakes, smoothies, pudding, cream pie…). Probably will just go with muffins & then freeze them individually so I don’t go hog wild on them
My banana muffins are not sweet....I make them with banana, dates, oatmeal, eggs, and baking soda. Pretty simple and easy. They are not too sweet and don't taste too " bananay" I'm not a huge fan of bananas...and HATE them in smoothies or drinks :rolleyes2 Call me weird.
Good news - the countertop people are coming on Thursday to measure my kitchen.
Yay on the counter tops coming so fast!!!! It's coming together pretty quick - probably not as quick as you would like

Well...I should shuffle some papers. I need to leave work early to go vote today...then head to the fun job tonight. New mandates come into effect here....so I will see how they are handling them...my days might be numbered there.

Take care everyone...stay safe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter