Something About Nothing............ #14

NZ Sav Blanc Kim Crawford or OysterBay are my favs.
Oh those are my favorites too! Sue we definitely need to meet up and chat IRL next month! I've very much enjoyed meeting Schumi and tink and Lynne and could probably have spent hours chatting with them! One of these trips I'm hoping Mac and I overlap!

Need to get off computer: booked DLP for next May-been watching prices and was good so I jumped. half board, 3 day tickets, 2 nights at Sequoia lodge...
Airfare isn't where I want it yet...been fluctuating $50-100. Been on DD to get me an idea of what she wants to do-she wants to talk with her french teacher first.

Amber alert sounded as my neighbor was walking her dog, and both our phones buzzed it at almost the same time. Spooked the dog. Why we got, when issue was out in Keisha’s part of town. I hope they find the missing little girl.

Ended up with pasta and chicken. Decided a light creamy cheesy sauce with some fresh lemon slices. Tasty, and leftover, I am sure will be eaten.

Now truly relaxing. Warm out, but nice inside. No wine for me, though vodka is in the cabinet, so maybe a slushy one. May add some crushed strawberries. I like sorta sweet, generally with my alcoholic drinks. I also like a lighter colored wine more than a red, and do not like Australian wines.

I so need to go bed, so will leave the 💡 on, for the night owls, and over the pond early risers.

I should be asleep right now, but I’m obviously not. Why, you ask? I was in my recliner watching tv and dozed off. The cat decided to jump on my stomach. He jumped on me, dh, and then the sofa like we were trampolines. I have no idea what got into him. He’s never done anything like that before. I’m now wide awake.

:wave2: Doing a quick stop.on while waiting for the DD and sil to come home as they are out visitng friends and I get to snuggle the grand dogs.
It was a very emotional day to close the door for the last time on Mom's house. There were lots of tears and laughs over all the memories we have from being out there for 15 years ( only 5 years with the fancy retirement home on the property) . Our kids grew up out there, learning to ride everything with wheels, fish, hunt, play ball, you get the picture. We went through every drawer, corner and closet space we could find. We took what we wanted - and will be cherished. Time goes on, and hopefully the new owners will make new memories there.

@Monykalyn I'm sorry to hear of a close friend passing so unexpected. Those who are young and pass to unexpectedly like that is always hard.

@Robo56 I hope this hurricane misses you and that it does not reach the level they are predicting. You all will be on my mind.

@schumigirl I'm glad that your only missing row day!!! I know you will make the most of your time there.

Alright...heading to bed. My beverage is gone, it has been one heck of a day, and I'm taking the grand dogs to bed for some snuggles

Thanks all for the sympathy wishes. DH is still a bit in shock. He and another friend (we've been friend with them since college as well) were supposed to get together to play golf in a couple weeks.
House cleaned, errands done, coop cleaned. And I think Princess Tiana is over/broke from her broodiness. We had her inside most of the morning. Then put her back out when I cleaned the coop (with 5 watchful hens who do NOT like their house messed with :sad2:). After 6 years of having hens I know to not spread the straw out-they have oodles of fun scratching and leveling piles on their own. Why do the extra work of spreading it out when I have free labor LOL? Sure enough I just checked and straw is at an even level throughout coop. And the piles of stuff I left outside run are all spread out too.
Boy might earn his internet back tomorrow. He's currently binge watching The Good Place after doing his homework and chores without complaint, and no sibling fighting either.

Yay to Schumi for getting travel changes sorted.
Charade hope you are enjoying the quiet.
Robo enjoy the wine
Lynne hope the toaster works as expected LOL and no flames!
Welcome to Cam!
Mac - trying a martini again, actually decided to drink it this time. Some variation from the cruise's martini tasting (have the recipes), enjoy the warm weather.
Hey Sue! Burgers and corn sound good-neither kid really had ideas on what for dinner so..

Munchie type stuff for dinner, have some leftover greek pasta salad as well.

Poor in-laws(DH's dad and step mom) who are taking their DD and her family to Disney in October have no idea what they are in for. So called DH's stepmom and offered to help. Sent her 3 different plans to look over-they are only doing MK and AK and Universal Studios, plus want off days as the grand kids are little. Couple plans have room for a MNSSHP which I think they'd enjoy. Have a reservation finder set up for a couple character meals as I know niece would enjoy. They are staying offsite in a house though, so no FP until 30 days out. They aren't going until end of October.

Cool today, with a hint of chill, overcast so no sun to warm up. Won't last as we are projected to be back in 90's at end of next week...did turn off A/C and opened window though.

Oh he will be in shock Monyk…...news like that takes a while to sink in. We`ve lost two friends in the last 5 years one just turned 50 and one when we were both 47. I hope he finds peace with it soon. It`s hard.

We have to get cool weather today too! Hope you enjoyed your martini.

Schumi. I do enjoy the NZ Sav Blanc Kim Crawford or OysterBay are my favs.
Quails Gate in BC have some nice whites. Mission Hills black label. I have no idea what they export. I go crazy when I’m in the US! The wines are so much cheaper! I think I went overboard the last time or 2 I was in Florida and a friend that lives there benefited lol. I bought more than I could drink lol so our last night we were having dinner together I passed the unused along! I’m like a kid in a candy store!

Monykalyn you sure put in a full day! Enjoy that martini. I like the flavoured fruity ones.
That’s good of you to help with the WDW planning. My first time I didn’t know anyone to help me but I got the Unofficial Guide with Touring Plans. This was before their web site! They were great and we got so much done

A few years ago an acquaintance went with her daughters and their families. I knew she was going and I offered my help but she declined saying her daughter & husband were planning everything. I asked her how her trip went, she said awful, long lines everywhere and couldn’t find anything to eat except burgers and chips. I guess they didn’t plan very well. It made me so sad because they could have had a great trip. I was biting my tongue so hard I’m sure blood was dripping down lol.
So I hope your family uses your plans!

Welcome to Cam!

Company should be arriving soon. Sun is out so better put the patio table umbrella up and start setting the table. And maybe a glass of wine!

Those are wines I don't like at all Sue......too green for my tastes. They sell well in supermarkets though, so maybe it`s just me......I`m far too fussy maybe...….hope your evening went well......

Amber alert sounded as my neighbor was walking her dog, and both our phones buzzed it at almost the same time. Spooked the dog. Why we got, when issue was out in Keisha’s part of town. I hope they find the missing little girl.

Ended up with pasta and chicken. Decided a light creamy cheesy sauce with some fresh lemon slices. Tasty, and leftover, I am sure will be eaten.

Now truly relaxing. Warm out, but nice inside. No wine for me, though vodka is in the cabinet, so maybe a slushy one. May add some crushed strawberries. I like sorta sweet, generally with my alcoholic drinks. I also like a lighter colored wine more than a red, and do not like Australian wines.

I so need to go bed, so will leave the 💡 on, for the night owls, and over the pond early risers.

Do you mean Rose? That's too sweet for me, my niece however drinks it all the time as she`s not really a wine drinker, but if everyone else is she finds it palatable...….I tell her it`s sugared water.....lol....each to their own......if you`re not really a wine drinker it`s understandable.
Dinner sounds lovely.....I love things with lemon in.....anything!! And yes, Amber alerts.....terrifying, hope they find the child.

I should be asleep right now, but I’m obviously not. Why, you ask? I was in my recliner watching tv and dozed off. The cat decided to jump on my stomach. He jumped on me, dh, and then the sofa like we were trampolines. I have no idea what got into him. He’s never done anything like that before. I’m now wide awake.

Maybe you have a ghost!

:wave2: Doing a quick stop.on while waiting for the DD and sil to come home as they are out visitng friends and I get to snuggle the grand dogs.
It was a very emotional day to close the door for the last time on Mom's house. There were lots of tears and laughs over all the memories we have from being out there for 15 years ( only 5 years with the fancy retirement home on the property) . Our kids grew up out there, learning to ride everything with wheels, fish, hunt, play ball, you get the picture. We went through every drawer, corner and closet space we could find. We took what we wanted - and will be cherished. Time goes on, and hopefully the new owners will make new memories there.

@Monykalyn I'm sorry to hear of a close friend passing so unexpected. Those who are young and pass to unexpectedly like that is always hard.

@Robo56 I hope this hurricane misses you and that it does not reach the level they are predicting. You all will be on my mind.

@schumigirl I'm glad that your only missing row day!!! I know you will make the most of your time there.

Alright...heading to bed. My beverage is gone, it has been one heck of a day, and I'm taking the grand dogs to bed for some snuggles

:hug: That really was a beautiful place Pumpkin......good memories are priceless!!

Sunday...........................

Glad to read MCO will remain open on Monday after all........although some airlines have still cancelled flights...….but, it`s a better sign than before!!!

Have a great Sunday all..........

Last edited:
Open Monday is a good thing, Schumi, but changes in plans was still the right thing to do, That storm may give the Orlando area high winds on Tuesday, and your flight may remain cancelled anyway. Better to be a few days delayed, to ensure weather cleared, and yes, those planes will just fly over or around bad weather. I hope your flight is another, uneventful one, and you will be enjoying that Florida sun before this week ends. Yeah, I am not a big wine drinker, and yes, sec wine is usually my go to. Though if too sweet, one glass is enough.

Another nice, sunny day. Bit hotter than yesterday, so those chances of isolated spots of rain increase as the day ends.

Thinking eggs with bacon and green pepper. I saw a pepper left in the fridge, so it needs to be used up. And I think not much bacon, either. Hence a good time to use up. Since no little one around yet, can add cheese too. Ooh and DH came home with potatoes, so home fries, if I am in the mood to cut up more.

Have a lovel Sunday, homies. Ack, why yes,
528D19F2-929A-472E-83BF-37597C76D335.jpeg

Open Monday is a good thing, Schumi, but changes in plans was still the right thing to do, That storm may give the Orlando area high winds on Tuesday, and your flight may remain cancelled anyway. Better to be a few days delayed, to ensure weather cleared, and yes, those planes will just fly over or around bad weather. I hope your flight is another, uneventful one, and you will be enjoying that Florida sun before this week ends. Yeah, I am not a big wine drinker, and yes, sec wine is usually my go to. Though if too sweet, one glass is enough.

Another nice, sunny day. Bit hotter than yesterday, so those chances of isolated spots of rain increase as the day ends.

Thinking eggs with bacon and green pepper. I saw a pepper left in the fridge, so it needs to be used up. And I think not much bacon, either. Hence a good time to use up. Since no little one around yet, can add cheese too. Ooh and DH came home with potatoes, so home fries, if I am in the mood to cut up more.

Have a lovel Sunday, homies. Ack, why yes,
View attachment 431646

Breakfast sounds so good Lynne!! We never seem to do any kind of potatoes for breakfast over here, unless we go out.......so I do love that kind of food in America.....feels like a real treat!

Yes, we’ve absolutely done the right thing with the flights, I can imagine the airport and hotels will be a little manic on Tuesday somehow.....folks there are saying we’ve done the right thing too. Sounds like you have a nice day ahead.........

It’s cool here today. Enjoyed a nice brunch with friends.......one didn’t come as she was poorly, she sent a txt to tell us. I laughed when her husband appeared........hadn’t expected him either when she wasn’t well, but he wasn’t missing out apparently.......lol......I’m sure she was thrilled!!! We didn’t get outside as it was just a little cold, and few spots of rain. But nice all the same.

Settling down to watch the F1 Grand Prix........sad moment of silence for the young man killed yesterday.

Doubt we’ll need dinner tonight, some stuff left over from brunch, so may nibble on that.

Schumi- sorry about your flight but that is great they were able to get you on a new flight in the same category of seats.

Charade- hiya to my fellow Virginian. Sorry about the Noles loss.

Mac, Robo56, Monykalyn, Sue- thanks for the warm welcome!

Another beautiful day today. Calm before the storm perhaps. Still watching it closely. Anyway, not much going on today. I was going to my mom's house to do her yardwork but DH said he would do it. No objection here. He's a good guy. I suppose I'll do a little housework (emphasis on little).

Beef tenderloin for dinner. Will figure out sides later.

Enjoy your Sunday!

Oh those are my favorites too! Sue we definitely need to meet up and chat IRL next month! I've very much enjoyed meeting Schumi and tink and Lynne and could probably have spent hours chatting with them! One of these trips I'm hoping Mac and I overlap!

Need to get off computer: booked DLP for next May-been watching prices and was good so I jumped. half board, 3 day tickets, 2 nights at Sequoia lodge...
Airfare isn't where I want it yet...been fluctuating $50-100. Been on DD to get me an idea of what she wants to do-she wants to talk with her french teacher first.
Disneyland Paris? Sounds fun!
I think you should come over to HRH for a pool break, I’ll have some Kim or Oyster Bay in The fridge! Our first day we’re going to Hot & Juicy for lunch, then over to the Publix to stock up room supplies.

Nothing more comforting than a good dog snuggle! Always difficult to say goodbye to something that was a big part of your life. But you will always treasure the memories you’ve built.

Schumi- sorry about your flight but that is great they were able to get you on a new flight in the same category of seats.

Mac, Robo56, Monykalyn, Sue- thanks for the warm welcome!

Another beautiful day today. Calm before the storm perhaps. Still watching it closely. Anyway, not much going on today. I was going to my mom's house to do her yardwork but DH said he would do it. No objection here. He's a good guy. I suppose I'll do a little housework (emphasis on little).

Beef tenderloin for dinner. Will figure out sides later.

Enjoy your Sunday!
Sounds like a good dinner. We had burgers cooked on the bbq last night. I do love a good burger! Tonight no idea yet what we’ll have! Just digesting the pancakes and eggs for breakfast.

Glued to hurricane updates. Hopefully it will stay offshore and everyone is safe.

MonyK.......we’ve never stayed in Sequoia Lodge as we always stayed in either The Disneyland Hotel or Newport Bay (both beautiful) but we enjoyed walking over to it on an evening for a meal or drinks......we really liked it and did say we would stay one time, but never did.......you’ll enjoy it though.

We were there when it was on fire in 1996......we were across the lagoon in Newport Bay that trip.......that was scary!

Cam, thanks so much, we’ve been lucky to get rebooked so close....hope you enjoy your meal......love a bit of tenderloin........

Sue, have to admit I’m avoiding all hurricane news right now.......apart from bits and pieces from friends who are there.....we’re looking forward to Hot n Juicy again this month too! Looking forward to it........

Can’t believe I’m sitting watching The Jewel of the Nile.......Michael Douglas was a fine looking man in his day!

Did a bit of cleaning out some wardrobe space today......Always find something for charity shop. My friend who passed away 3 years ago gave me a beautiful pair of red leather gloves about 5 years ago.....and I keep finding only one......they are kept, or were kept in a space for gloves in the wardrobes........cute little area......where the other one went I have no idea......I keep thinking I’ve found the missing one only to realise.....no I haven’t.

Dinner was snacks left over from brunch.......and I gave everyone away a few bits too........I always make far too much food.....but would hate to not have enough!

Glass of wine time......and maybe a movie later.......definitely feeling it a darn site chillier at night now.....

Maybe time to think about putting the central heating on.......:sad2:

Nooooooo! Not time for central heat! It’s still warm here. We never turn off our heating system. New system has a fan that constantly blows, I’ve noticed the difference in keeping the house cooler with constant air circulation. We have temp set for heat to come on if it gets colder than 20c.

Took out a couple of steaks for dinner. Cam got me thinking lol My daughter and I share one, and husband can eat a whole one.

Nooooooo! Not time for central heat! It’s still warm here. We never turn off our heating system. New system has a fan that constantly blows, I’ve noticed the difference in keeping the house cooler with constant air circulation. We have temp set for heat to come on if it gets colder than 20c.

Took out a couple of steaks for dinner. Cam got me thinking lol My daughter and I share one, and husband can eat a whole one.

Ours is never really off either. It’s gas central heating so it’s on a thermostat.....we just have it set very low when it’s warm and it doesn’t come on......ours is set around 20c too. We have a tankless condensing boiler.....best system we’ve ever had. Used to have what was called a combo boiler, again, tankless which is brilliant......wouldn’t go back to having a tank again. Must be 30 years since we did.

Been nibbling all evening........I guess because we didn’t have a proper lunch or dinner.......brunch was very filling. Just nibbled on a cream cheese Danish pastry and some prosciutto.............delicious......

Early to bed again tonight......

I’ve been rumbling through this site for a while tonight while watching a movie........I didn’t realise how many boards I’ve never visited.......no real interest in many of them I guess.

It’s dark around 8.10pm now.......cannot believe how quickly the dark nights come in now......

Kids go back to school in various stages this week depending on the school......between tomorrow and Wednesday.......it’s good to go round shops when the little darlings aren’t around.......

Large family cookout and swim, birthday dinner. Lots of small kids, so nice to see some that we don’t see very often. As usual, enough food to feed an army, and that is a good thing. Means leftovers for meals tomorrow.

Hope all are having a wonderful Sunday.

It is 90 right now where I am right now

Tomorrow temps start climbing again
Think our high day will be Thursday at 96-97

Our ac will be on for two more months

No complaints from me.....

Ours is never really off either. It’s gas central heating so it’s on a thermostat.....we just have it set very low when it’s warm and it doesn’t come on......ours is set around 20c too. We have a tankless condensing boiler.....best system we’ve ever had. Used to have what was called a combo boiler, again, tankless which is brilliant......wouldn’t go back to having a tank again. Must be 30 years since we did.

Been nibbling all evening........I guess because we didn’t have a proper lunch or dinner.......brunch was very filling. Just nibbled on a cream cheese Danish pastry and some prosciutto.............delicious......

Early to bed again tonight......

I’ve been rumbling through this site for a while tonight while watching a movie........I didn’t realise how many boards I’ve never visited.......no real interest in many of them I guess.

It’s dark around 8.10pm now.......cannot believe how quickly the dark nights come in now......

Kids go back to school in various stages this week depending on the school......between tomorrow and Wednesday.......it’s good to go round shops when the little darlings aren’t around.......
We went tankless just this year! It’s a newish thing here and the early days it wasn’t perfect so we waited for them to get better.
Kids here go back this week too! Yay! Lol.
Sometimes I just like to graze and not have a meal!
Large family cookout and swim, birthday dinner. Lots of small kids, so nice to see some that we don’t see very often. As usual, enough food to feed an army, and that is a good thing. Means leftovers for meals tomorrow.

Hope all are having a wonderful Sunday.
Sounds like a fun day!
It is 90 right now where I am right now

Tomorrow temps start climbing again
Think our high day will be Thursday at 96-97

No complaints from me.....
Yikes, that’s hot! And with the humidity it probably feels like low 100’s!

Well, I went out to Costco & Winners looking at suitcases. I usually travel with a spinner Samsonite set, 25” and 19” carry on. I got rid of my 30” around 4yrs ago because when I used it I always went over weight. :sad2:
Now I’m thinking I want one again! Looked at both soft sided and hard sided. Couldn’t decide so left with nothing.
I’ve always had the soft sided. Any opinions on soft vs hard?

Sue, I switched back to the hard shell 27 or maybe it is a 29 " suitcase 3 years ago.
It is one of the lightweight samsonite and has held up well for me.

It has the spinner wheels which is a great feature.
Got it at Ross discount store.

Happy sunday and very happy with 3 day weekend.
Laundry day today. Slept til 930 too, as couldn't fall asleep last night til after midnight. Quick run to store for ice cream for the boy. Have a steak and chicken and baked potatoes for grill tonight. Leftover bacon, sour cream and cheese will dress the potatoes, Some steamed veg, maybe a caprese salad with all the tomatoes and basil right now. mmm hungry, had greek pasta salad earlier and not holding...
Dinner done and so good. Boy had two stuffed taters, with chicken on top and steak as side. Seasoned with Penzey's lemon pepper-love their seasoning blends.
Dh home and attempting repair on the new laptop. Not looking good...ugh.
Lynne sounds like a really great day! Pool and family fun.
I didn’t realise how many boards I’ve never visited.......no real interest in many of them I guess.
I wander into a few of them now and again...
Sue, I switched back to the hard shell 27 or maybe it is a 29 " suitcase 3 years ago.
It is one of the lightweight samsonite and has held up well for me.

It has the spinner wheels which is a great feature.
Got it at Ross discount store.
That sounds like exactly what we got! and from Ross. Even when stuffed it stays under the weight limit.

Got the Disney ticket situation straightened out-was actually able to get a refund for the convention ticket (it did get a day used accidentally). CM said I could activate my AP voucher I have in reserve and then use the 2 day ticket I still have to buy a renewal voucher? Going to double check that. If true, and we do go in January it makes sense to start the AP now, then get the renewal voucher at a discount. My "problem" is when I have an AP I look for excuses to make trips:rolleyes1. My Universal AP I am hoping for 2, 3 trips out of it, trying to convince friend who is huge HP fan to make a trip late winter/early spring with me.

Switched a couple things around for HHN trip - was doing the college tour Thursday-after crack of dawn for Galaxies edge, and just renting car for the day. Decided to move it to Wednesday-arrival day-as we will have plenty of time. So am renting a car for 2 days-had Tony Hinds booked round trip, waiting to hear back if ok to just do the resort to airport part. I think this will be better for us and our legs/feet!

Son thinks he saw a raccoon in field next to our house-glad the coop is predator proof. Even if they get very vocal if locked up and sun is out - they apparently woke the boy up this am -coop is outside his window in side yard...

Dh oldest DD Katelyn and fam ready for Dorian. They are in Jacksonville but not in evac zone. School and work cancelled through Wednesday. She is supposed to fly out Friday to Austria-will see what happens.

Good evening everyone. Didn’t sleep well last night thanks to the cat. I don’t know what has gotten into him. Went to church this morning and then lunch. After lunch I came home, got into my recliner. Turned on the weather channel to watch the hurricane coverage, and woke up about 4 hours later. I was still quite groggy for the next 2 hours. I think I dozed and woke a few times. Finally got up and got dinner. Now I will probably be awake the rest of the night.

Maybe you have a ghost!
We have at least one other Virginian on this thread. She lives in the southwest part of the state.

I visit a few of them from time to time. The Disneyland board was a great source of information when we were planning that trip.

Ours will probably be on for at least another month. I am looking forward to days when I can turn off ac and open the windows.

I’ve always had the soft sided. Any opinions on soft vs hard?
I’ve only had soft side luggage. If I traveled more I would probably invest in a better quality set. The set i have now is a rather obnoxious color and pattern, but it’s very easy to spot on the luggage carousel.

I need to find something to entertain myself until I get sleepy again. I suppose I should make a grocery list since we have no food in the house.

Charade My Samsonite set has lasted quite awhile. Very good quality, a nice mauve-purple. Got it at Costco for a great price, 2pc set. Still looking for a 30” will look for another Samsonite. Or Hayes.
Hope you get some sleep.
Watching Fear the Walking Dead!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter