Something About Nothing............ #14

Drug my butt out of the house for first time in ages. That deceptive sort of cold where the sun makes a rare appearance & it looks beautiful...until that blast of icy air smacks you upside the head lol
I was out in the yard picking up gum ball stickys and swearing under my breath

But once I came inside, I read you found out about the tree
Um, gumballs...off a tree? Sounds like you live in candy land :)
Buenos noches amigas! It’s 1:20am and guess who’s having problems sleeping! Loving the great weather. It’s nice just relaxing by the pool some days with a book and pool noodle!
You just needed a few more cervazas! I missed what city are are visiting, but it sure sounds nice. Yes, share some pics when u have a chance please

File this under i’m Pretty sure monky’s chickens are smarter than most people

https://time.com/5792470/corona-beer-virus/
I demand satisfaction, or a Corona will suffice :)
My kids both have Pen clothing, Keisha, so while we are Flyer fans, kids’ have jerseys from other hockey teams. They enjoy shopping at a store that sells only Pitt teams’ items and clothes.
Smart kids lol. Sounds like mine, always prefer an alternate team better. Youngest was not amused when Marleau was traded from StL Blues to the Pens
Keisha......glad that rogue stitch is gone! I hate cabbage in any shape or form, but I think I may try some of yours given the chance.......no Mexican style though....not a food I ever eat!
I’m sure you know this, but if cook cabbage just right, long & slow until it burns a lovely carmelized brown color it is as sweet as candy. :).
I guess it is too soon to ask about the next morning bacon party ......
Maybe to talk about it, never to day dream
Good Morning,

Popping in to say hello. It has been a while since I have posted. Busy time at work. Things should slow down in a week or so. Hope everyone is well! I miss reading everyone's posts but hope to get back to posting soon. I have to be at work today but not much going on for me so I thought I would do a little DIS catchup. Going to jump over to the trip report forum and read and dream about trips.

Have a great Saturday!
Carole/Schumi always has a great read via hers
We've decided to take advantage of our new Busch Gardens membership and go to their members only sneak peek event on March 14. I just hope the weather cooperates.
Hmm can’t remember, but IMO their parks, including SW have the best quality food of all the parks. Well, except Knotts berry farm’s chicken lol

https://buschgardens.com/williamsburg/dining/

think it was UPMC, but not positive.
Since they balked, i’m thinking probably so. They have a rep for being very difficult paying out of network
like not lifting a finger too!!! Lol.......think I’m going to hire a cleaner for a few weeks.....Tom doesn’t mind, but I’d rather he not do everything. Never had one before.......
Relax, the house isn’t going anywhere. How messy can it get in a few weeks? If you want to have somebody come in to do nice top clean, why not?

As one who owned a cleaning company for a brief period, before getting sick & tired of filling in for the lackluster employees I inherited; have one word of advice. Make sure whomever is bonded

Janet, I read that last week about Corona beer.....had the same thought. These folks could easily be ones who would rise to the top for a Darwin Award! Seriously........

I‘ll take your word on the cabbage! Have heard that, but I cannot imagine as cabbage is one of the veg that just fills me with dread......of course I can’t eat it anyway lol (good excuse)

Yes, you’re correct a good cleaning service is worth it‘s weight in gold. The woman I’m going to use started her own little company two years ago. Her husband is the guy we use for gardening/odd jobs, and Tom’s partner in crime with the home brew wine.....lol.....so I’d trust her implicitly and I’d insist on her. They are both solid workers. Kyle, that’s the gardener Kyle laughs and said we don’t need a cleaner as our home is always immaculate.....but I’m a bit obsessive with cleaning (or so I’m told) :blush:

Hope it’s not too cold for you next few weeks before hopefully Spring makes it‘s long awaited appearance.

mac.....yes, I think if I had a cleaner regularly I’d have to clean before they arrived.....lol.......yes, I think I need help!!! Did you go for pie??? Curious minds need to know........::yes::

Winds are getting higher here.......gale force winds predicted......not fun.

Yeah, heard on radio, silly people thinking the beer would give them the Corona flu.

Was at the mall, and it was packed, so I guess there is no panic here so far.

Yrah, not a fan of eating cabbage either, though I do eat coleslaw. Cooked, eh not like it much. And have never cooked it.

So went to a burger place for lunch. Let’s just say, the cooks were not fast enough, and overcooked the food. And the waiter was young, as were the other wait staff, and well, they paid more attention to each other than us. Oh well, we are still full.

Hence dinner may not be ordered until around 6:30 or so. Time to relax after battling the crowds in that huge mall. And of course, both kids got stuff, me, nada. Well, the receipts.😊

Tom reminded me last night I used to do a stir fry savoy cabbage with chunky onion and garlic (miss onion so much) and it had maybe some soy sauce or some other Chinese ingredient.....it was nice, but I think when I imagine cabbage, I think of the folks that boil it for two weeks and the whole house smells of cabbage.....of course I don't know anyone who does that anymore......

Tom has gone out to get some groceries, it is so bright and sunny but the high winds are scary. I never heard a thing during the night 😴 but Tom said it was bad.

Bacon sandwiches again for lunch......Tom is cooking a chicken for dinner and maybe some type of potatoes....I won`t ask, so it`s a surprise when he brings it to the table.....my contribution to dinner is an apple pie I made weeks ago from the freezer.....I can say I helped 😉

And a belated :bday: to our @Robo56......sorry I missed it Robo and hope you had a lovely day.......:cake:

Have a great Sunday all........

743974B0-03ED-44B8-9CE4-F7DF56EA9249.jpegE37F7CD1-1724-43C2-A9C1-2DA1551577B5.gif

Hope your morning post means you are feeling better, Schumi. And ya had me at bacon sandwiches. LOL

Yay, a Sunday, and the start of a new week, and new month. Woot!

Dark out, as once again I am up before the ☀️, but a quiet house, with a cup of tea in my hand, and reheated wonton soup, yeah, doing a little one’s breakfast choice, with eating soup. Little one finds not much breakfast food tasty, so picky eater was given soup, chicken with rice which is one of her favorite, many times for breakfast. And yes, she likes wonton soup too, so I will leave her some. Some of the Chinese food dinner we had, is still in the refrigerator. So you can bet, while my older one enjoys breakfast foods, he will most likely reheat the leftovers.

And some flowery fun in town for me, little one and my Dsis. Ladies day out today. Glad the winds will be lighter today, and warmer too, mid 40’s. Nice.

Have a super nice Sunday homies. Wake up, it is the morning!

Bacon sandwiches are cooking as I type........no Lynne, not better, wish I was, just a little more tolerant. Have a nice day with your sister.

There is something about the aroma of bacon cooking that just makes you smile......even Kyle asked for some for lunch today and he doesn’t usually eat it.....

Trying to decide which movie to watch this afternoon........after bacon sandwiches of course.......🥓

I wasn’t planning on making bacon for breakfast but suddenly it’s on my mind :)

Since our temperature is projected to double to 45 degrees & the sun is yet again shining, i’m Going with March has come in like a Lamb. Not exactly encouraging stuff

C41C298F-B976-4498-8CB0-089E8C803CA2.jpeg

but I’m a bit obsessive with cleaning (or so I’m told)
there are certainly worst compulsions out there
don’t drink beer, but I’m tempted to go buy a case of Corona just to make up for all the idiots out there.
lol make sure to grab a lime or lemon. Was in grocery story yesterday just for few things as i’m Trying to empty out that freezer. While waiting to grab a lemon or two, overheard two women who were exclaiming something to the effect that “anybody who buys fruit are out of their minds...sure why to catch that Corona” sigh
Hence dinner may not be ordered until around 6:30 or so. Time to relax after battling the crowds in that huge mall. And of course, both kids got stuff, me, nada. Well, the receipts.😊
haha
Tom reminded me last night I used to do a stir fry savoy cabbage with chunky onion and garlic (miss onion so much) and it had maybe some soy sauce or some other Chinese ingredient.....it was nice, but I think when I imagine cabbage, I think of the folks that boil it for two weeks and the whole house smells of cabbage.....of course I don't know anyone who does that anymore......
That variety is indeed mild. You are spot on re the boiling of cabbage, most things if truth be told IMO. Only thing I really give a good boil to is pasta & rare candy making stuff.

My DH came to me many years ago bemoaning the smell that would emit from cabbage. Didn’t faze me one bit :). I always have put a 1/4 of head into my beef veggie soup that he loves. The one time I didn’t have any, he commented it didn’t taste the same. Oh, the look on his face when I informed him he had been eating cabbage for decades :)
r. So you can bet, while my older one enjoys breakfast foods, he will most likely reheat the leftovers.
Man after my own heart. Especially cold pizza :)
And some flowery fun in town for me, little one and my Dsis. Ladies day out today. Glad the winds will be lighter today, and warmer too, mid 40’s. Nic
Sound fun! Is it the highly regarded phillie flower show?

Morning SANs!
Woke up to 22 degrees, but it's supposed to get up to 40 today! Yay! And warmer temps this week coming up.
Hubby and I were out all day yesterday, lunch and shopping, and we're not doing much today. I actually came home late yesterday and fell asleep! I never nap during the day so I know we were running around a lot.
My HOA development is on former Native American land
It’s only been about 25 years that my area was allowed to be developed
Trail of Tears butts up in my backyard
It follows the original walk to the west and is a main road route
That is really interesting!
Loving the great weather.
So glad you're having a great time! Please bring back some sunshine and warm weather. And have a margarita for me.
Yeah, I used to have season tickets and watched the Fly boys, but rarely do lately now. They haven’t been the best for years.
Pens are not doing the greatest right now. Flyers are actually ahead in the standings...go figure! I always toy with the idea of going to a Flyers/Pens game in the city but I would be too afraid to wear my Pens clothes. Philly fans are nuts! I say that with MANY Philly fans in my family. LOL! Last year hubby and I were in MK at the dessert party and met two families from Hawaii who were super nice. The guys were sports fans and asking us questions about the different games. They don't get a lot of oppourtunites in Hawaii to see games. When we told them were we live, one of them said "I saw what happened after the Super Bowl, Philly fans are nuts!" Yea, can't argue with that reputation.
mrose......glad you’re doing better too! Yes, love my heated seats.....and cooling ones in summer! Have a good weekend.....
Thanks! I still have this cough and stuffiness but doing better. Glad you are on the mend too! We also have the auto-start to warm the car before we go out. Winter is too cold up here.
..they have to be 17 over here to get what we call a provisional licence, then they get professional driving instructors to teach them. Not sure about America but they are a fortune over here.
I taught all my kids to drive. They had changed the law a while ago and the kids now can't get their permit until they are 16, then wait 6 months (while practicing and logging driving hours) before they can't take the road test. When I was younger we could get our permit a few months before turning 16 and then you could take your road test on your 16th birthday. I do like that they changed it the way they did because some kids really shouldn't be driving early.
Yeah, while snow sent to Patty, and the firehouse pouring of snow to all the lake area, of the NE, upper corner of PA, and NY along the lake borders. We only got flurries.
Flurries yesterday too, but we had some white outs while we were driving.
We've decided to take advantage of our new Busch Gardens membership and go to their members only sneak peek event on March 14. I just hope the weather cooperates.
That sounds so fun! I haven't been there in years and I probably wouldn't recognize it. I remember being there as a kid with my grandparents and doing some kind of tour of the brewery. I hated that part because I thought it smelled TERRIBLE in there.
We have a friend who had been seconded to a Finance Department of his firm in Detroit for 3 months......he lasted a week before declaring he’ll never set foot there again. I think it was more than the cold, but haven’t seen him since he got back to hear the whole story.
Michigan is rough, we have family that live there. They also get the lake effect weather and get buried in snow.
Did someone say pie.....
Hey now! It's bad enough you took all the scones.... save some pie for the rest of us!
Smart kids lol. Sounds like mine, always prefer an alternate team better.
That's my house too.
Janet, I read that last week about Corona beer.....had the same thought. These folks could easily be ones who would rise to the top for a Darwin Award! Seriously........
We were talking about this yesterday too. I think this younger generation just looks at headlines or titles of social media posts, never looks at the whole story, then pass the misinformation on. The news isn't helping with the sensationalized stories. There was a story a few days ago on our local news about how the coronavirus is impacting our area. Umm...there are no cases here or anywhere near us! The story was about a former area resident who moved away 30 years ago and has the virus in Japan! So of course people only saw that headline and freaked out.
I usually make pie for Pi day on March 14. I like to make apple pi.
Love that pie tin! That looks so yummy!

How did you get a picture of my front yard?! LOL!
And some flowery fun in town for me, little one and my Dsis. Ladies day out today. Glad the winds will be lighter today, and warmer too, mid 40’s. Nice.
Have fun! I'm jealous!

Mac I return March 9. Must remember on 8th to set watch for daylight savings!

keishashadow love the 3 Caballeros! Thanks!

Bobbie congrats to the new driver! We have a graduated license here. It takes awhile to get the full licence.

Lynn thanks for the holiday well wishes! You’re all so kind! Love the Bassett pic! We used to have one.

Gotta run no, will be back to post more when I get back from the outing!
in the meantime- the beach from yesterday

Attachments

• 7838ACF8-02CC-499D-994F-0CA23C7A6BDE.jpeg
    7838ACF8-02CC-499D-994F-0CA23C7A6BDE.jpeg
    80.2 KB · Views: 2
Ah, beach! Sweet picture, Sue. Thanks for letting us know you are enjoying some more fun for another week. And yeah, not liking to be going ahead in time next weekend.

Flower show was very nice, got some great shots of pretty flowers and scenes depicting the Rivera. Had to post my shot of that purple flower for Schumi. Love the color purple too.

Pasta for dinner, and a cannoli from the Italian bakery in town. Little one ate this chocolate tower cake and my Dsis had a lemon tower cake that we bought at that bakery, after eating a great Hard Rock lunch. We shopped, then quick train ride home, made a fun time in the city. And of course, close mall run, after chilling for a bit, before dinner, as mall closed at 6 tonight. What was bought? Let’s just say, two more receipts for me is all i came home with again. :P

2A011170-6838-406C-B5A1-D9936FCEEC40.jpeg

And two more shots the flower show:
8E68FE44-6B59-4494-8B4D-24985ECAD7B5.jpeg

08FC0F79-2D40-450D-934D-5B5139902FC1.jpeg

May all have a restful sleep, and will leave the light on, for those night owl homies, and for those across the pond, already ahead in time than the many of us other homies. 💤

Keisha........now I’m craving curry!!! It’s funny how some things can be hidden in foods....Tom hates Brussel sprouts.....could never disguise them somehow!! Glad to hear your weather is a bit nicer for the time of year.......

mrose.......I love a nap during the day, only in winter though......although right now I’m dropping off at the drop of a hat. The logging of driving hours sounds a good idea, no such thing over here....you get your lessons, however many you need, Pass a theory test (not when Tom and I were young) then apply for your test. Then you drive......anywhere you like. Most don’t get taught how to drive on motorways which we always thought should be included. Glad to hear you’re doing much better.

Lynne.....lovely pictures......Kyle brought me a beautiful bunch of flowers on Saturday.......there are some lovely roses and lilies in it and the theme is definitely purplish........

Monday again.......very slow start today, but getting there.....beautiful sunny but cold outside apparently. Have an appointment later I have to go to, other than that I’m at home all day. Lots of tv watch in our plans I think.

Tom is making chicken noodle soup for lunch......well, I’ll supervise him ::yes:: but he is more than capable.

Dinner is just the two of us, so maybe pick up a pizza on way home for ease......

Have a great Monday......

Yay! Schumi's back to posting her morning thoughts. Hope you are feeling much better, and the appointment goes well, and yay, Pizza for dinner sounds perfect on a cold day.

Yeah, cold enough start for me too, as the car said icy conditions. Yeah, there was ice on my car. Boo Hoo! But hey, the afternoon will flirt with 60 degrees. And a very dark commute. But the roads were clear, and quick enough.

Yes, my heater is on. I know better. LOL

And, it's a Monday. Full moon tonight, so I am hoping to see it, but there will be clouds, as rain is arriving in the evening. Yeah, April showers have started in February this year. Every time we see 60's or so, rain is the result. Not complaining, as better than white stuff. And hey, short sleeves and shorts are being seen for months now.

478189 and yeah, every homie: 478190

Make it one marvelously wonderful Monday, homies.

Good Morning! :wave2:

Nice to see another Schumi posting early morning
When we see the bacon in the mornings, that is when we will know she is back to her A game and having us over for bacon

I raked up many mounds of those sticky gum balls yesterday and my body feels it today
Had planned to bag all the piles today
But..........it’s a steady rain now and it will continue most of the day
Will be in the upper 50’s but my paper trash bags will shred apart if I work in the yard today

So I guess that shoots today’s job
Tomorrow it will be dry and in the 60s so I’ll get the spiny balls picked up then

i’m hoping all the homies have a great Monday and the start of a fantastic week!

Quick good morning. We are supposed to have sun and temps close to 60 today.
Friday marks the end of the first half of the semester. Hard to believe that B is close to finishing her first year of college. She has an online class that ends Friday and then will start a new one the next week. The current one is one of those annoying required courses. The next class will fulfill a science requirement, but she is looking forward to this one. She will be taking an astronomy class.

lol make sure to grab a lime or lemon. Was in grocery story yesterday just for few things as i’m Trying to empty out that freezer. While waiting to grab a lemon or two, overheard two women who were exclaiming something to the effect that “anybody who buys fruit are out of their minds...sure why to catch that Corona” sigh
Oh good grief. I don't even know how they made that connection. I guess people will believe anything.
On a side note, I keep getting ads for masks on this page.

That sounds so fun! I haven't been there in years and I probably wouldn't recognize it. I remember being there as a kid with my grandparents and doing some kind of tour of the brewery. I hated that part because I thought it smelled TERRIBLE in there.
I don't think they do the brewery tour anymore. It's something I would pass on anyway. They have an Irish dance show that I want to see. Unfortunately it doesn't start until the week after we are going. WIll have to go back later in the spring to catch it.

Love that pie tin! That looks so yummy!
Thanks. I found it on Amazon. I was never a fan of apple pie before, but I found a great recipe and really love it now.

Have to get to work. Good morning to everyone who stops by today.
Lynne - Love the flower pictures.

Morning Mac! Enjoyed watching the WD last night? Gee, may be warmer than you today.

Morning Charade, yeah, I can't believe almost a year of college has gone by already for little one too, though she ends the end of April. And she's already a Sophomore. So, she gets first choice of classes in the Fall. And, even nicer, she's home for Spring Break. Think she's sleeping in today, as have not heard her. Luckily, older one only has one morning class, so she has a car to use soon, if she wants to go out.

Hey, DisneyLife, Morning, hope you are feeling well today, and had a nice week-end.

Morning to McK, too, hope you are not coughing now, and feel better too, and also had a nice week-end..

Phew! Got so behind! Trying to catch up!

(QUOTE="Lynne G, post: 61612750, member: 233554"]
Hoping to see if we can get together this Fall. Really hoping those great AP rates that last September had. Getting excited, as HHN is getting closer.
[/QUOTE]

@Lynne G - Sounds great!!:) I booked my hotel with the SMSM- usually can't get AP rates at HRH. Got my quote screwed up! Sorry!

pattyw, hope your snowstorm is over by next Monday so you can do the run for our donuts here
Weather channel says it’s bad where you are

Ha! Yes- storm here wasn't too bad! We got about 6 inches total from Thursday-Sunday. Yesterday, the temps went above freezing so it's melting.

I can secure the donuts! Anyone for some paczki???

Still not 100% but going in the right directio

Glad you're on the mend!:flower3:

Doing the my waitlists came thru on DVC dance for after thanksgiving trip!

Yay!! So happy you got your reservation!!

Next I am going to get all my tax stuff together to take to the accountant.

That's great- you're ahead of the game!

My mom has a little side business making cabbage rolls and perogies. It definitely keeps her busy!!! She loves doing it, and once she doesn't want to do it anymore, she will quit. Now I want to eat them, and those are missing from my freezer lol. Oh well...we might have to make a trip to see them soon.

yum!! :thumbsup2Haven't had homemade pierogi in years! I have my aunt's recipe, but haven't had the time to get them made. We'll make hundreds at a time! Maybe this fall!

Good morning...almost afternoon!
I'm feeling better today, still a slight coughing and stuffy but definitely on the mend.

Glad you're feeling better!:flower3:

Charlie passed his permit test yesterday:woohoo: so let the anxiety begin with driving!!
The kitty went for his first blood work after his treatment and it looks good.:D He just needs 3 more weekly tests then next treatment.

Pattyw I hope you stayed safe through your snow storm:goodvibes and another Polish/Italiangirl here and loved those golabki.

Yay Charlie! Eeek for you and Brian with the anxiety of a teen driver! I'm sure you taught him to be a safe driver!

So glad about the kitty's blood work results. Praying for a full recovery after treatment!:)

Buenos noches amigas

Hi Sue! Glad you're having fun in Mexico! Loving all the pics on FB!!

Some of our homies have lots of snow now

Thanks for the reminder my friend!! :)

Yeah, while snow sent to Patty, and the firehouse pouring of snow to all the lake area, of the NE, upper corner of PA, and NY along the lake borders. We only got flurries.

You guys lucked out this year. They were talking on the weather channel about how little snow you've received in your part of PA!

Good Morning,

Popping in to say hello. It has been a while since I have posted. Busy time at work. Things should slow down in a week or so. Hope everyone is well! I miss reading everyone's posts but hope to get back to posting soon. I have to be at work today but not much going on for me so I thought I would do a little DIS catchup. Going to jump over to the trip report forum and read and dream about trips.

Have a great Saturday!

Hi Cam!! :)

I usually make pie for Pi day on March 14. I like to make apple pi.
Yum! That looks wonderful!!

Mac I return March 9. Must remember on 8th to set watch for daylight savings!

Enjoy your last few days of vacay!!:)

Hope you feel all better soon @schumigirl ! Sending healing wishes your way!!:flower3:

Happy Monday all!! Dreary but mild today - high 40s! Our snow will start to melt. We fared well here- only about 6 inches total. The southtowns of Buffalo- ski country- got about 2-3 FEET!! But the skiers are rejoicing as we haven't seen a lot of snow this winter!

Troy came home this weekend! He had a few days off so he came to visit! We were just with him in Orlando last weekend but still so nice to have him home! He missed the cats so!! They were so happy to see him! And he also visited with friends!

Wishing everyone a happy, joyful day!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter