Something About Nothing............ #14

I don’t have a night light tonight. Can we use the ones realfood posted?

Well.....ok then......but you do have some lovely lights!!

@schumigirl i hadn’t seen the Lightopia problems. What a shame it wasn’t better managed. There were lots of staff with light sabers to guide us around any darker corners. My favourite bit was over the tree walk right in the centre they had a little disco and the security up there were all dancing to encourage us to join in. L loved that part but her best was a snow machine area. So glad we got to experience something normal as so many cancelled.

Peaceful home this morning and no plans except some baking . We are having fish and chip take out tonight as normally a fortnightly Friday treat. Nice I don’t have to cook.

Lovely bright and sunny morning and no sign of anymore snow yet.

Time for another coffee before everyone lands for brunch. Cheese and sausage oatcakes. Not the biscuit type oatcakes these are Staffordshire oatcakes like a pancake and everyone here likes them so a one choice meal.

I would expect Chester Zoo to be better for sure, I felt so sorry for all the folks that turned up for Lightopia.....wonder if it`s different folks running it this year.

Saturday and a beautiful, but perishingly cold morning......we slept a little later than usual this morning it seems.

Waiting on some parcels, some of which we joke are food parcels as mum sends us some things you can only get in Scotland and local to her. Other things we can order online like seafood and beef, but some of her local places have things we love.....so it`s like a food parcel drop.

It`s a no bake morning for me......making some of those cherry marshmallow things, I need to iron first and this afternoon will be watching the qualifying for the GP......may wrap some christmas presents too.

Breakfast was large so no need for lunch today, maybe a snack with big mug of tea......dinner is assorted stir fries.....Kyle and co want teriyaki chicken and Tom and I are having chicken in spicy plum sauce, will cook mine separately with loads of fresh ginger......lush dinner!

Love a Saturday like this.........and waiting for mac to arrive for her bacon.......:wave2:

cv57-M.png

cv43-L.jpg

Happy Saturday​

Good Morning Julie and Schumi.

Glad to hear your weather is clear. I’ve been hearing quite the very loud rain. By the time the rain stops, weather people saying a couple of inches to have fallen. We have had a very wet Fall. Not nice weather, I’d say. And 43 out. That cool, cool rain.

Means, teapot has been on already, and enjoying some tea. Under a blanket, as cooler inside feeling. I’d say, I do enjoy watching a storm go by, but this is just a heavy downpour. And it’s very dark out. So, screen viewing. Yep.

Super Sized Saturday to the homies. I hope this finds you happy and healthy. And better weather than me, today. :umbrella:

Julie, always like to hear food choices. Oatcakes are a new one for me. My pancakes are always from wheat flour not oat. Though I do like making oatmeal and oatmeal cookies.

And woot! Bacon here. Hehe, kids are still asleep, so quiet breakfast for me. I will leave some bacon. The cheesy eggs will be okay for older one. Will slice a tomato for little one. I can see her with a no mayo BLT.

lol....we have the best bacon over here!!

Second batch of cherry marshmallow cookies....although not really a cookie, so I hav eno idea whay they`re called cookies. They are soft and squidgy and oh so tasty. And very sweet thanks to the condensed milk. And my balls are bigger than average apparently.......:laughing:

We had one each and will leave four out for tomorrow sometime, rest will be frozen and enjoyed over the Christmas period.

food4-XL.jpg

Tom was wondering what happened to it all.......I`m happy to blame mac......:laughing:

And a post from past poster pcstang too....we just had bluer visit a few weeks ago too...hope you`re doing ok pc.

It`s been gorgeous here today...but cloud is building again, think more sleety rain forecast for later.......suddenly got much darker here, the sea is black as night right now.

My angel was delivered earlier, and top of that tree now looks complete......🎄

Good morning everyone. We have to go home today. 🙁 Thankfully it looks like we should have good travel weather. I’m still trying to figure out how to sneak over to that shop and get the shirt B liked. They don’t open until 11:30.

Thought you were home last night Charade.....that`s why I asked for one of your lovely lights......

Hope you get the shirt for your daughter and safe travels home today.......

Happy Saturday fam! Schumi your balls look absolutely perfect 😁

no bacon here sadly just a cereal morning. But that is ok off to work on the house - I am caulking nail holes today so pretty much all the fun you can handle.

have a great day all!

Thank you! Don`t think anyone has ever said that to me before......:rotfl:They are so delicious!

Don`t work too hard.......:wave2:

Bigger and small balls, they all 👀 delicious, Schumi. Haha.

Okay, can’t get that Big Balls song out of my head either.

Hope you get shirt before you leave, Charade. Glad to see good weather for safe trip home.

Ooh, neither kid sighted, so that leftover may not remain. 😊

Going to be a nice weather day in the 50’s for us
Next week some days in the 60’s

Evening temps always a different story..

At this point I’m in the house and only outside to go to the mailbox
On warm days, I let the cats go out to the screened in porch and I take a book to read while they stare down bugs

charade, hope you can buy the shirt for your girl before you need to head back home

Is it a long drive today for returning home?

What did all the homies here have for lunch today?

charade, hope you can buy the shirt for your girl before you need to head back home

Is it a long drive today for returning home?

What did all the homies here have for lunch today?

Got it plus one more that she won’t be expecting.

We have a 5 hour drive ahead of us and haven’t left yet.

No lunch for us today. We had a late breakfast. I splurged and had chocolate chip pancakes. Then I walked several blocks to the shirt shop.

That’s good you were able to get two shirts for her.
She will be surprised on Christmas Day.

Wishing you safe travels back home today.

383DE681-99B8-41FF-A1A0-E94916CB46CF.jpeg

Light for tonight.

Hope Charade made it home safely and cat not too mad at them.

Pasta and chicken parm. Delicious. Little one made some coffee, so now enjoying my after dinner drink.

Item returned and found a present for older one. Got notice, that his other gift that was delayed by many weeks, has now been put in the mail. So hoping to see it next week. And found a cute large bag for gifts, so that got bought too. Guess I should get in the closet and get my cards out. Like Mac, have enough to last years.

May all have a serene evening and thankful, it is not Sunday yet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter