Something About Nothing............ #14

I`m yawning my head off tonight......it`s not even 8pm!

Got Love Actually coming up soon......no snow or rain tonight for us, but more rain tomorrow.

Going for a pepsi...hope the caffeine wakes me up a little......

cv114-M.jpg

:blush:

Wish we had snow - not had deep snow for a few years now. The first year I moved to Macclesfield it was a new house and not enough phone lines so I was waiting for that to be sorted. Snow was drifting above the windows and I was home alone. I absolutely loved it!

My brother called in with L’s birthday gift. So lovely to see him for a few minutes. Still hoping to spend Christmas Day afternoon with them.

Dishwasher on and things all ready for morning so feet up and watching the final of Portrait Artist of the Year. I love to draw and paint so always watch the art programmes.

We will get up a little earlier to have some time with L and her gifts so hoping for an early night and a better sleep.

Looking forward to seeing snow pictures tomorrow.

Oh lordy Culantro sounds even worse!!!
LOL, you would definitely hate it!
That coffee can is giving me quite the image now.......
Yeah.... sorry about that. LOL! When you gotta go... you gotta go!
Now saying we may be close enough to the City, may see some sleet and rain after the snow.
Oh yuck! Stay safe!
Just yucky freezing rain.
I hate ice. Stay safe too!

Well, no walks in the snow tonight! The wind is bitter cold and blowing snow right into your face. We shoveled a bit but we definitely have a few inches already. Traffic is coming to a complete stop and most of my family are home. Just waiting for word that my son in law is home. Roads are getting bad.

LOL, you would definitely hate it!

Yeah.... sorry about that. LOL! When you gotta go... you gotta go!

Oh yuck! Stay safe!

I hate ice. Stay safe too!

Well, no walks in the snow tonight! The wind is bitter cold and blowing snow right into your face. We shoveled a bit but we definitely have a few inches already. Traffic is coming to a complete stop and most of my family are home. Just waiting for word that my son in law is home. Roads are getting bad.

Oh yes, when you gotta go........::yes::

Sounds bitter where you are.....the wind is one of the worst things at times. And hope all your family are home soon. I spoke to my cousin in LI and they too are preparing for the storm.....will be glad when it passes for everyone.

Watched Love Actually tonight.......I forget how sentimental it is at times......and watching the wonderful Alan Rickman is always a joy.....that voice of his!!

Doesn’t feel too cold tonight.....

Almost bedtime here for us.....I was so tired earlier, but managed to stay awake during the movie and think I’ll be asleep before my head hits the pillow.

Usually tomorrow would have been the village nursery Christmas party I help out with......missing doing that this year. So many things are different this year though.

Will do some grocery shopping instead........not as much fun.

Ooh, some sleet or freezing rain has been pelting my windows. Just not a nice night.

Dinner was a your choice chicken and fire grilled red peppers. Add some cheese and make a street taco, or cut open a croissant and make your chicken sandwich with some bacon and cheese added to it. I made some street tacos. Think DH had the sandwiches, not sure what older one had, but little one did not like either choice, so hers was on top of rice. Make your own milkshakes or have some ice cream dessert. Mine was chocolate milkshake, of course.

And so, other than a couple more finals older one needs to complete, chilling is the night time activity. And rightly so.

And with this crappy weather, thought, why not have a shorter week, since a short week next week? Woot, oh yes I did. Will be a Friday day of leisure. Un huh.

Yes, Schumi so many holiday events and visits are a no go this year. It is sad. But will be better, soon. I am so hoping your May trip is a go.

Ack, on the USO Passholder Facebook page, they were posting Christmas Eve AP hotel prices. It so makes me want to go, but probably not. Even without the parade and no VB, I would love this time of year, with all the decorations they do have. Sigh.

The wind must be blowing, the sleet/freezing rain is so noisy.

But we had a lovely night at the zoo last weekend. So another light from that fun:
6BEAA167-80B7-43C3-B500-A32A8403341C.jpeg

Bonus little one that had that fun with me.

Hope son in law is home now, McK. We have got a few inches already, and dark out now. And yeah, very windy too.
Thanks, he got home at 6. There was a tractor trailer stuck so he had to re-route.
Ooh, some sleet or freezing rain has been pelting my windows. Just not a nice night.
No freezing rain here. The snow is light and drifting with the wind. We just took the dogs out, carrying the chihuahua bundled in two coats and wrapped in a blanket, and put them down in a path hubby just dug, and I held a blanket by them to block the wind. The snow is taller than they are right now and they can't go far, poor things. A Nor' Easter and little dogs don't mix well.
Watched Love Actually tonight.......I forget how sentimental it is at times......and watching the wonderful Alan Rickman is always a joy.....that voice of his!!
I forgot he was in that movie! :sad: I haven't seen it in a while.

How are all my snow bunnies in the North?

All you homies should move in with me until the cold and snow is gone.

Since Lynne is the early bird, she can handle breakfast for the peeps and I’ll do dinner duty.

Lunch will be done by the other homies.

Lets have Schumi do the desserts as she is queen in the kitchen for sweets.

No assignments for clean up duty as I have a dishwasher.

Morning all. Lounge throws washed and dried and J’s room dusted and hoovered, more washing in and chicken and peppers prepped for wraps later as just us 3 to eat. L & J have to spend couple hours with their father as agreed for birthday.

We were up extra early to open presents and see the cake though none eaten till later. Children had chocolate pancakes for breakfast - just coffee for me. L has taken chocolate Santas in for all her class and she went wearing a birthday crown so hopefully a good start for her birthday.

Off now to collect a drive by grocery order. Also collecting a small turkey to cook on Sunday when we will have our first festive roast dinner.

Hope our PA friends have warmth and power this cold morning x

Good Morning Julie. I hope L does have a lovely day at school, with many wishing her a happy birthday.

We still have snow showers this morning. And I guess with all the snow on the road this morning, a box truck thought it was not on the rails, and the train leaving the station hit it. Quite the mess this early morning. Glad I do not have to commute, as while roads are mostly clear, we are well below freezing, so black ice is a high possibility. And so dark out with the cloud cover, would not have been a fun drive.

And ah yes, today is a thirsty Thursday. So, join me and have that drink. A nice cup of hot tea is mine. Whatever is your choice, I hope you enjoy it.

And so, the dig out will be when daylight arrives. Cars started and hope the plow truck goes by again. We heard it last night, but I am sure it needs another pass. And we have all season tires on our car, so we should be good. I would like to wait to travel until after the temps go just above freezing. We are to stay cool, as high is 33F.

No matter,
BE93E16E-55BC-426A-9DE8-FC78FEC70331.jpeg

Woot, and yeah:
AFA63A97-CB38-4694-902F-A51E5B201C1F.jpeg Double woot! Woot! Woot!

The most terrific Thursday to all the homies. Have a drink and send birthday wishes to birthday girl L, Julie’s granddaughter.

Oh, and smile, Santa is coming next week. :santa:

Welcome back!

good to see you here.
Thanks, just been busy and have bewn to USO in at l least 5 years. I will when the new coaster opens. Just took a break. I text with the blue crew almost daily still. Probably going to head down their way and then the keys next month. Do you all still do the meetups occasionally? Any word on the projected opening of the new coaster? Happy all are well.

Hey, PC! Glad you came back. How’s the family? Will most likely be back next end of September. Still have my HHN ticket ready.

And so, dig out almost done. Hoping when kids wake up, we will clear the rest of the cars.

How are all my snow bunnies in the North?

All you homies should move in with me until the cold and snow is gone.

Since Lynne is the early bird, she can handle breakfast for the peeps and I’ll do dinner duty.

Lunch will be done by the other homies.

Lets have Schumi do the desserts as she is queen in the kitchen for sweets.

No assignments for clean up duty as I have a dishwasher.

I`m making up some lovely desserts this afternoon.....not usually my thing, but some of the stores offerings are lacking, so if you can do better yourself...why not. I`m definitely more a savoury person, but I`m in a housefull of folks with a very sweet tooth......3 against 1....so desserts in abundance this weather.......

Yep, couldn`t manage without a dishwasher either....

Morning all. Lounge throws washed and dried and J’s room dusted and hoovered, more washing in and chicken and peppers prepped for wraps later as just us 3 to eat. L & J have to spend couple hours with their father as agreed for birthday.

We were up extra early to open presents and see the cake though none eaten till later. Children had chocolate pancakes for breakfast - just coffee for me. L has taken chocolate Santas in for all her class and she went wearing a birthday crown so hopefully a good start for her birthday.

Off now to collect a drive by grocery order. Also collecting a small turkey to cook on Sunday when we will have our first festive roast dinner.

Hope our PA friends have warmth and power this cold morning x

Hope your granddaughter has a lovely birthday........

Good Morning Julie. I hope L does have a lovely day at school, with many wishing her a happy birthday.

We still have snow showers this morning. And I guess with all the snow on the road this morning, a box truck thought it was not on the rails, and the train leaving the station hit it. Quite the mess this early morning. Glad I do not have to commute, as while roads are mostly clear, we are well below freezing, so black ice is a high possibility. And so dark out with the cloud cover, would not have been a fun drive.

And ah yes, today is a thirsty Thursday. So, join me and have that drink. A nice cup of hot tea is mine. Whatever is your choice, I hope you enjoy it.

And so, the dig out will be when daylight arrives. Cars started and hope the plow truck goes by again. We heard it last night, but I am sure it needs another pass. And we have all season tires on our car, so we should be good. I would like to wait to travel until after the temps go just above freezing. We are to stay cool, as high is 33F.

No matter,
View attachment 544376

Woot, and yeah:
View attachment 544375 Double woot! Woot! Woot!

The most terrific Thursday to all the homies. Have a drink and send birthday wishes to birthday girl L, Julie’s granddaughter.

Oh, and smile, Santa is coming next week. :santa:

I`m waiting to hear how my family in Long Island have fared with the storm too......glad it wasn`t too bad for you. Shame you have to go out, I think I`d hibernate with that weather!

What a day......went grocery shopping with Tom early, and as it was the most gorgeous day, chilly but the sun is beautiful, I arranged to meet my friend and her dogs for a walk on the beach...socially distanced of course.

Had a lovely walk and the dogs were brilliant, had a good catch up despite being about 3 feet feet apart.

Back to the car park, I had parked away from her, so she was loading the dogs into the back of the car and a man started yelling at us we shouldn`t be in the same car or together........he was a little angry........Felicity turned and told him we weren`t going in the same car not that it was any of his business, and maybe he should be more concerned with getting a safety guard for his dogs in the car so they don`t become missiles should he have to stop quickly.

My friend has the proper dog guards fitted in all her vehicles....he didn`t have the proper safety guards to protect the dogs. He grumbled and wandered off complaining about something or other. Aren`t there just some weird people around......

But, enjoyed the walk and catch up with one of my closest friends.

And it is still the most beautiful day here on the coast.

i-VnxfTCx-M.gif

i-dqsmVmc-S.gif

cv16-S.jpg

cv109-S.jpg

Last edited:
Grocery collection this morning was not 💯. Some poor dates, one wrongly picked item and one damaged. Not our usual store but only one available. Penalty for the luxury of not entering a store I know. Nice piece of Cornish Brie I will have to eat over the weekend - no hardship there! Rest of our Christmas/NY food is from local and farm shops or homemade so no more stressing.

@schumigirl some people just like to be difficult don’t they! Are you on the Norfolk coast? Our tier has not been reduced sadly but at least we can continue to eat out.

Kev has power washed both cars - like me with the house - he needs them both clean for the festivities. Hoping he comes in soon as sun has gone in now and temperatures dropping.

Morning Sans family :wave2:

E88C8382-66EB-4EB5-8574-0BA55830E9EE.jpeg

We didn’t get the sleet that was threatened by the weather man yesterday. Just a little rain. High today here will be 36.

Hope all who are in the path of the Nor’easter are doing well and hunkered down and safe.

Happy belated birthday Charade
96D00176-45B7-402C-96A5-3370F9FAA889.gif

Happy birthday to L

9B3B9F40-DAC5-4711-9134-8E464B0D885E.gif

Watched little Jude yesterday while my niece went for groceries. He is my little buddy. I have so much fun with him. He is the sweetest baby. He loves to give hugs.

I took some soup and puddings by to granddaughter. She is working from home still. She had an allergic reaction to Sulfa and her cheeks swelled and she has blisters in her mouth. So she cannot eat much. So thankful it was caught and did not extend to her airway. I was able to visit with her and her doggies for a little while.

Made the decision to break up Christmas Eve gathering. Will have a few over Christmas Eve and a few on January 2nd. Would have been well below the recommended numbers, but felt it would just not be safe.

I need to clean up photos on my phone. Need to go make some copies for photo albums. The Walmart in the next town still has the machines for copies. So might chance that today and get it over with.

I’am going make some cookies. So I need to get out my recipe book and decide which ones. While I’am at the store I will pick up any ingredients I’am missing.

I’am going to make some masks for the neighbors and deliver them with some cards.

I have appointment tomorrow to meet with the nice lady at the country club where granddaughters wedding reception is going to be to talk about renting a space for her bridal shower. They have a date open about 6 weeks before the wedding.

RFF.......Louie is so cute.

Tink.......so cute to see you post dear lady.....hope all is well with you and your family.

Continued healing wishes for Keisha.

Schumi pics of your baking.

Charade hope your hubby’s head is healing and you have put his cone on to keep him from scratching his head......LOL

Boo, woke up with a nice fat lip. Cold sore medicine on it. But not sore enough to not sip some tea.

Ouch......those cold sores are a pain for sure. Hope yours heals quick.

I came across Love Actually a couple years ago and enjoyed watching it. Yes, do miss Alan Rickman. His voice was something.

I hope she has a wonderful birthday.

Have a wonderful Thursday Sans family.

Good Morning Robo. Hope you are enjoying some coffee, and so nice to be able to have some fun with Jude. Ooh, so sorry to hear of reaction, and nice you are bring some food for her. Busy you are. And yeah, low numbers for both holidays for us. And yes, with the medicine out now, the cold sore is healing. Not as fat a lip now. Just tender.

Dug out, so hoping the sunny part of the day, dries up snowy ice off the walkways and cars.

Morning Sans family :wave2:

View attachment 544415

We didn’t get the sleet that was threatened by the weather man yesterday. Just a little rain. High today here will be 36.

Hope all who are in the path of the Nor’easter are doing well and hunkered down and safe.

Happy belated birthday Charade
View attachment 544414

Happy birthday to L

View attachment 544413

Watched little Jude yesterday while my niece went for groceries. He is my little buddy. I have so much fun with him. He is the sweetest baby. He loves to give hugs.

I took some soup and puddings by to granddaughter. She is working from home still. She had an allergic reaction to Sulfa and her cheeks swelled and she has blisters in her mouth. So she cannot eat much. So thankful it was caught and did not extend to her airway. I was able to visit with her and her doggies for a little while.

Made the decision to break up Christmas Eve gathering. Will have a few over Christmas Eve and a few on January 2nd. Would have been well below the recommended numbers, but felt it would just not be safe.

I need to clean up photos on my phone. Need to go make some copies for photo albums. The Walmart in the next town still has the machines for copies. So might chance that today and get it over with.

I’am going make some cookies. So I need to get out my recipe book and decide which ones. While I’am at the store I will pick up any ingredients I’am missing.

I’am going to make some masks for the neighbors and deliver them with some cards.

I have appointment tomorrow to meet with the nice lady at the country club where granddaughters wedding reception is going to be to talk about renting a space for her bridal shower. They have a date open about 6 weeks before the wedding.

RFF.......Louie is so cute.

Tink.......so cute to see you post dear lady.....hope all is well with you and your family.

Continued healing wishes for Keisha.

Schumi pics of your baking.

Charade hope your hubby’s head is healing and you have put his cone on to keep him from scratching his head......LOL

Ouch......those cold sores are a pain for sure. Hope yours heals quick.

I came across Love Actually a couple years ago and enjoyed watching it. Yes, do miss Alan Rickman. His voice was something.

I hope she has a wonderful birthday.

Have a wonderful Thursday Sans family.

Hope your granddaughter heals quickly Robo....i`ve never heard of that before, but just read someone post about it in a car forum I belong to about to a few days ago........soup and pudding sounds good.

And lovely you got to spend some more time with little Jude.....

I think you did the right thing with Christmas Eve.....so many here are still planning to have get togethers when they aren`t supposed to. I`d love to have our usual get togethers, but not prepared to risk it. You`ll still see them and have some lovely visits I`m sure.

Good luck with the bridal shower......

Have a half leg of lamb in the oven for dinner tonight. Decided to roast it as I can get it pink, with the slow cooker, it stays tender, but not pink. Kyle will eat a little of it, but we love it......one of our favourite dishes. Red wine and redcurrant sauce to go with it....

Nice bottle of red will be chosen to go with it......🍷

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter