Something About Nothing............ #14

:bday: to your son Cam......

Hope he has a lovely day and enjoy his choice of food tonight.......and nothing wrong with ordering a cake.....some can be spectacular!

Hope the sunburn isn`t too painful.....

Hey all
We are finally heading back to UO. Is the UO site still the way everyone books hotels? It's been a few years and I don't remember how I used to do it. Hope all are well!

PC

Hey PC nice to see ya back. Yep book direct with Universal. Can use Keisha’s thread on AP rates link. If no AP rate rooms, still will show you what’s available. Windsurfers is part of the website name, I can’t remember off the top of my head, the actual link. Can do it from Universal’s website too, hotel reservation click. Though I don’t know how to put AP code when doing through Universal’s website, though may get it from link in that website’s AP page. I just use Keisha’s listed AP link.

Pasta it was, and nice relaxing. DH is mowing grass, so made some nice tea. Quiet enough night, I’ll take it. Working on a puzzle I need bright light for, as all dark color looks too similar. Big puzzle, so taking me some time. Neat SW one.

Sun is high in the sky, but rain is supposed to be on the way in an hour or so. But, next week we are promised warmer and drier weather.....finally! May has been a washout.

There are still some folks who want the phone calls despite lockdown being more or less over, but, so many are just on their own. Will keep that going as long as need be. No need for us to do the grocery delivery drops anymore, so will find something else to be involved in soon enough, there`s always something needs volunteers.

Doubt we have much planned today, trying to organise our next zoom call for the book group, but hoping we can all meet up again soon. Only one isn`t vaccinated yet, but she`ll be done soon, and we said once we are all vaccinated (and it`s allowed) we`ll be back to meeting in person.

Balsamic honey mustard chicken tonight for dinner and lovely Jersey potatoes......

Hope Charade is having a lovely time on her trip.........

i-Zn6ZmDf-S.gif

cv117-S.jpg

cv29-S.jpg

Have a fabulous Tuesday 😁

A fabulous day to you too Schumi. Hope your rain does not interfere with whatever you’ve decided to do today.

And yes, most of our restrictions are done, and commuting is slowly returning. While still mask wearing requirements in the stores I have gone to, I don’t mind. And masks still required on public and air transportation. So not all lifted in that regard. But glad all family is vaccinated, so we can more comfortably get together. Will be better when younger kids can get their shots too. My youngest niece has been in person class since after the holidays, and just had a different, same age class in her school going virtually for two weeks, as several kids in that class tested positive yesterday. So chances are still around, and taking care is still hopefully done by all. But good for most businesses, as I have seen more cars on road and more people in stores. With the holiday weekend coming up, so many are happy to be able to get together now. The total percentage of those vaccinated in about 50 percent, and hope that increases as seems now, the vaccine supply is available enough to get same day appointments.

But ah yes, as restrictions end, Mac can now have her Taco Bell dinner without takeout. Yay, dinner out for Mac today.

So homies, have that taco 🌮, choice of fillings. A terrific Taco Tuesday to you all.

Oooooh, tea. Nicely feels cool inside. And no glorious sunny start, overcast start to our day, but no chances of rain and while 57 degrees out now, the high will be a perfect 75 degrees. Will be a nice time of day to take a lunchtime walk. And yes, happily still in shorts. Any degree above 50, and I will not be the only one in shorts.

Good morning. I’m up before everyone else today. Today is an EPCOT day, but it doesn’t open until 11:00. I was hoping to sleep in a bit later. We are having a good time, but have to be cautious of the heat. My feet are already really sore. I realized that it’s not the walking that bothers me, it’s the standing still.

Yesterday I discovered that I have the power of invisibility. I was getting on the bus to HS. There was one other woman in line with me and she was using a power scooter. I was waiting for her to get settled in when another woman came up, stood right next to me, told the attendant she had 5 for this bus, and started to walk to the bus. The attendant told her that she had to wait in line. At that point she seemed to notice me for the first time and said, “Oh, I didn’t see.” Later in the park I had someone walk right into me as if she didn’t see me.

I rode Tower of Terror for the first time in over 20 years. B never would ride it in the past, so I always waited with her while Dh rode.Yesterday we finally convinced her to get on. After the ride we were standing around trying to decide what to do next. The was they had the queue line set up was kind of odd. They had the main walkway roped off. The CMs would stop the queue, drop the ropes, allow traffic to pass, pick up the ropes, and allow the queue to continue. The CM was trying to drop the rope, but a man in the queue held onto it and raised it above his head as if he was going to walk under it. He was shouting something. I think he was trying to get the attention of someone else in line. The CM called out “sir” a couple of times but he either didn’t hear her or ignored her. She approached him and said, “Sir, next time please wait until I have completely dropped the rope before you...” I didn’t hear the rest. He said something I couldn’t hear and then the woman he was with called the CM a “B”. She immediately called security. Dh told the CM we would be witnesses for her if she needed us. She thanked us and was stayed long enough to tell security what we heard. I had heard that Disney takes swearing at a CM very seriously, but this is the first time I had ever witnessed it.

We managed to get into a RotR boarding group at 1:00 yesterday. We were sitting next to a large family group and they were trying to do the same. It was like winning the lottery. Everyone was shouting as they got their boarding group number. I hope aloe can ride again when we go back in a few days.

Dh is finally awake, so I guess it’s time to get the day started.

Here we are on Splash Mountain. It just isn’t the same with masks.

Charade sounds like you are having a good trip
You’ll forget about those aggravations you dealt with in the park and end the trip saying, wow this was a great trip!

Lynne our Taco Bell opened up their dining room months ago
We have eaten inside and have not seen anyone else at the tables

the one we go to is off 75 and all do the drive thru
It is an easy on, easy off and a block from returning to 75

This TB is basically drive thru due to their location

Tonight is chicken night at home
Mainly due to the fact of chicken expiration date.

Schumi if your chicken dinner turns out better than mine, will you trade with me?
I get the feeling you can cook up a storm as you’d meals always sound so delicious!

A shout out to all the homies that haven’t checked in here yet

Hope all have a relaxing day !

Oh, you can make chicken tacos at home Mac. LoL

Around here, those quick service type restaurants, like Taco Bell still have not opened their doors for indoor dining. Coffee shops also still have their seating blocked off. And that’s fine with us, as going through the drive thru is still the norm.

Yay, live Charade reporting. Yeah, I only do the tower once. Way too up and down for me. And woot, to getting boarding number. Glad to also know bus is a faster trip. Enjoy Epcot, as of tired from all waking so far, Epcot seems a lot of waking, like long walk from US place to front of park.

Yay, still not sunny out, but brighter. And now 64. Perfect, seasonable later in the May month day.

Yay, big congratulations to Paris’s DD graduating.
Thank you!!!

Lori......I can feel the emotion you must have felt over the weekend!! Love the pictures.....Huge congratulations to her, what an achievement, I know how proud you both are of her.

And you did well staying out so late and early morning too.....lol......it does sound a lovely weekend for all of you.

Runny eggs are the best!! Yep, poached are 2nd for me too. Although Tom makes an amazing omelette.....

I did see the guy who won the golf, my brother in law is a golf fanatic and had been talking a lot about him.
Thank you so much!!! We took so many pictures, it was terrific!

A fabulous day to you too Schumi. Hope your rain does not interfere with whatever you’ve decided to do today.

And yes, most of our restrictions are done, and commuting is slowly returning. While still mask wearing requirements in the stores I have gone to, I don’t mind. And masks still required on public and air transportation. So not all lifted in that regard. But glad all family is vaccinated, so we can more comfortably get together. Will be better when younger kids can get their shots too. My youngest niece has been in person class since after the holidays, and just had a different, same age class in her school going virtually for two weeks, as several kids in that class tested positive yesterday. So chances are still around, and taking care is still hopefully done by all. But good for most businesses, as I have seen more cars on road and more people in stores. With the holiday weekend coming up, so many are happy to be able to get together now. The total percentage of those vaccinated in about 50 percent, and hope that increases as seems now, the vaccine supply is available enough to get same day appointments.

But ah yes, as restrictions end, Mac can now have her Taco Bell dinner without takeout. Yay, dinner out for Mac today.

So homies, have that taco 🌮, choice of fillings. A terrific Taco Tuesday to you all.

Oooooh, tea. Nicely feels cool inside. And no glorious sunny start, overcast start to our day, but no chances of rain and while 57 degrees out now, the high will be a perfect 75 degrees. Will be a nice time of day to take a lunchtime walk. And yes, happily still in shorts. Any degree above 50, and I will not be the only one in shorts.
A cloudy day here, supposed to rain this afternoon.

Sun is high in the sky, but rain is supposed to be on the way in an hour or so. But, next week we are promised warmer and drier weather.....finally! May has been a washout.

There are still some folks who want the phone calls despite lockdown being more or less over, but, so many are just on their own. Will keep that going as long as need be. No need for us to do the grocery delivery drops anymore, so will find something else to be involved in soon enough, there`s always something needs volunteers.

Doubt we have much planned today, trying to organise our next zoom call for the book group, but hoping we can all meet up again soon. Only one isn`t vaccinated yet, but she`ll be done soon, and we said once we are all vaccinated (and it`s allowed) we`ll be back to meeting in person.

Balsamic honey mustard chicken tonight for dinner and lovely Jersey potatoes......

Hope Charade is having a lovely time on her trip.........

i-Zn6ZmDf-S.gif

cv117-S.jpg

cv29-S.jpg

Have a fabulous Tuesday 😁
You're so kind to keep making the calls. I think many, especially the elderly, have been very lonely throughout all this...

Will take the dogs for their walk this morning. They do love all the smells of the outdoors!

Good morning. I’m up before everyone else today. Today is an EPCOT day, but it doesn’t open until 11:00. I was hoping to sleep in a bit later. We are having a good time, but have to be cautious of the heat. My feet are already really sore. I realized that it’s not the walking that bothers me, it’s the standing still.

Yesterday I discovered that I have the power of invisibility. I was getting on the bus to HS. There was one other woman in line with me and she was using a power scooter. I was waiting for her to get settled in when another woman came up, stood right next to me, told the attendant she had 5 for this bus, and started to walk to the bus. The attendant told her that she had to wait in line. At that point she seemed to notice me for the first time and said, “Oh, I didn’t see.” Later in the park I had someone walk right into me as if she didn’t see me.

I rode Tower of Terror for the first time in over 20 years. B never would ride it in the past, so I always waited with her while Dh rode.Yesterday we finally convinced her to get on. After the ride we were standing around trying to decide what to do next. The was they had the queue line set up was kind of odd. They had the main walkway roped off. The CMs would stop the queue, drop the ropes, allow traffic to pass, pick up the ropes, and allow the queue to continue. The CM was trying to drop the rope, but a man in the queue held onto it and raised it above his head as if he was going to walk under it. He was shouting something. I think he was trying to get the attention of someone else in line. The CM called out “sir” a couple of times but he either didn’t hear her or ignored her. She approached him and said, “Sir, next time please wait until I have completely dropped the rope before you...” I didn’t hear the rest. He said something I couldn’t hear and then the woman he was with called the CM a “B”. She immediately called security. Dh told the CM we would be witnesses for her if she needed us. She thanked us and was stayed long enough to tell security what we heard. I had heard that Disney takes swearing at a CM very seriously, but this is the first time I had ever witnessed it.

We managed to get into a RotR boarding group at 1:00 yesterday. We were sitting next to a large family group and they were trying to do the same. It was like winning the lottery. Everyone was shouting as they got their boarding group number. I hope aloe can ride again when we go back in a few days.

Dh is finally awake, so I guess it’s time to get the day started.

View attachment 577401
Did your DD enjoy ToT?

Have a fabulous Epcot day!

Today will be focused on getting DD fully moved back home. DH is grabbing a large cube truck from work, and a couple of guys. Mostly, it's the large/heavy items that remain.

Once that's done, we can shift our excitement over to our upcoming trip....6 more days!!

For those who have been to Disney Springs somewhat recently....should I make a dinner reservation?
I'm guessing capacity has been increasing lately. I know the girls want to shop and have dinner one evening. It would stink to wait hours, or be shut out completely.

Good Tuesday morning Sans family :sunny:

EC63207C-E132-4A0B-BA38-CAD22F1BD445.jpeg

86A79B1D-7D63-49EB-831A-40ECB5AB81A3.jpeg

Sun is shinning and it’s supposed to be a beautiful day.

We were having our baby shower yesterday.....
however everything changed and our beautiful baby grandson arrived yesterday afternoon. A little early but all healthy and well.

Congratulations on your new baby grandson.

3EA05436-F9A5-4176-BFCF-029BCEC124B6.gif

He had accident at work & broke/crushed foot. Took all this time to get MRI scheduled. Still running strict covid protocols. Just started letting a support person accompany patients

Keisha sorry to hear of your sons accident at work.

Seems like there have been lots of leg and foot issues here on the Sans lately.

To you, your son, Schumi, J’aime Paris daughter and Charades mom and any other Sans family members who are ailing with Injuries I’am sending lots of get well wishes your way.

7AF238C3-51CC-41AF-9624-7E5FA91D0F1D.gif

Got a text from my sister yesterday. Mom is back in the hospital. She has an infection at her surgery incision and is anemic. I’m just waiting for more updates.

Sending get well prayers for her.

All in all, it was a super weekend!! Filled with laughter, memories and happy tears....
DD is wearing the red sash, and her roommate is next behind her. Together even when walking across the stage....

Congratulations to your daughter. Sounds like you all had a wonderful time celebrating.

DS's 15th birthday is today. Wow, how time flies. He is my one and only so I hate to see him grow up. He wants to go to Red Robin for dinner so that is where we will take him. Not my favorite but he is the birthday boy. I picked up his cake a little while ago. He wanted a Neapolitan cake, so I ordered one from a bakery/cafe near my work. Expensive but it saved me from making one and I know they did a far better job than I could. He made it easy for us by only asking for money but I got him a few gifts that he may or may not like :) In addition to just returning from UOR. :rotfl2:

Happy belated birthday to your son.

56267AD0-EE21-4268-BAB8-ABF26A8CF656.gif

Congratulations on getting a boarding group for RotR. It’s not a easy thing to get.

Once that's done, we can shift our excitement over to our upcoming trip....6 more days!!

Your trip is coming up soon. I’am sure you all will have a great time.

8F0F7155-EC44-4227-87E0-36DBCA451030.jpeg

It’s going to be a pretty day today. I’am going to plant some flowers. Need to amend the soil in some areas.

Have a wonderful day everyone.

068C0196-D41F-4780-8C62-F04A6AA395CA.jpeg

Off I go for the day 76663D47-C1CE-4504-98D0-7B0A2952DF69.gif

We are sitting in front of the America section waiting for a show to start. I can smell bbq from the restaurant nearby and it smells so good. I would love to try some, but we have dinner reservations at 6:00.

I would advise getting reservations for a Disney Springs restaurant I just pulled up tonight’s availability.

lg.....yep, had a good day and rain only interrupted one walk. Glad to hear your restrictions are being lifted and soon you`ll be back to normal. I think we passed the 60 million vaccinations the other day, and we only have around 66.5 million in our country. Not bad.

Charade, not a nice sight to see again. What is wrong with people that they need to insult others, and glad the employers don`t accept it against their staff.

Glad you`re having a lovely trip and hope the rest of the trip is uneventful.

mac....there`s a seat for you at our dining table anytime.......although I`ll just share ours as I hate tacos if that`s what you were making....lol....plenty to go round.......it was delicious!

Lori.....yes, I really do enjoy the calls. So many on their own and although some can now see family and get out, there are some that just don`t have anyone. Breaks your heart really. But, you never hear them feel sorry for themselves nor moan about their life.

Oh I`d make a booking for Disney Springs for sure. As soon as you can.

Robo........love the memes! And thank you for the good wishes.......hope you have a lovely day ahead of you.....enjoy that lovely sunshine!

Did manage a couple of walks today, first one we did around a mile, but turned back halfway as the rain came on. Then this afternoon we looked out and saw this ominous sky, but took the chance as the sky the other side of us was bright.

cloud%20%283%29-L.jpg

We managed 3 miles though which we were pleased with for today. And not really any foot pain.

Just made it back in before the rain did come on.

Enjoyed dinner and now thinking about putting tv on to watch Ashes to Ashes from a few years back, season 3, wonderful series but hate the ending, still watch it though even though I bawl my eyes out every time.

And maybe an elderflower spritzer tonight, alcohol free but very nice.

That is an amazing picture!

Good to read your foot is tolerating all the walking you are doing.

Bet by the time your foot heals, you will shrink down a size

Thanks mac, I never think phone pics are as good as a real camera, but that one`s not bad.

It is getting much easier, although my friend has just reminded me I have another 4 or 5 weeks of recovery....so I`ve been duly admonished and will slow it down a little. But, so nice to be out, even in an oversized sandal...... ::yes::

Schumi, glad you could walk those miles without pain. Pretty looking place where you walked.

Why people have to insult others is uncalled for. Hope nicer people seen by Charade.

Robo, great to hear from you. Nice to be planting flowers. Wedding is coming soon. Yay!

:grouphug: sent to keisha and son

:thumbsup2
Sunny side up is my preferred way to eat eggs. followed by poached. I like a runny yolk!
agreed, too often you order sunny-side up and they try to pass off over-easy ones. Nope, not the same lol
Tortellini stuffed with spinach and garlic will be tonights supper around here!
yum, if you tell us you made the tortellini from scratch :worship: He of the crushed foot makes killer ravioli and pirogi. I’m generally far too impatient to mess with fresh pasta.
Kinda went 'full circle', and this is when we got emotional. The girls were reminiscing all the great memories made since meeting. So glad I remembered my waterproof mascara that night!

Aw, so bittersweet. Sounds like it was absolutely lovely, to be followed by an amazing trip :)
DS's 15th birthday is today. Wow, how time flies. He is my one and only so I hate to see him grow up. He wants to go to Red Robin for dinner so that is where we will take him. Not my favorite but he is the birthday boy. I picked up his cake a little while ago. He wanted a Neapolitan cake, so I ordered one from a bakery/cafe near my work.
Literally, you turn around and they’ve grown. Where does the time go? Other than guessing there are the Neapolitan three colors, not sure what that cake is, never heard of it.

I ordered a hockey themed cake for my two BD boys for later this week. One’s team is knocked out of playoffs, other’s are probably not far behind. Maybe I should rethink it :)
yum
We managed to get into a RotR boarding group at 1:00 yesterday.
She shoots & scores
Trying to be positive here...at least the masks kept that swamp water from going into your mouth.
Thanks mac, I never think phone pics are as good as a real camera, but that one`s not bad.
It’s extraordinary
But, so nice to be out, even in an oversized sandal..
If anyone says anything unkind, kick them with your good foot JK. Keep on truckin
Why people have to insult others is uncalled for. Hope nicer people seen by Charade.
Unfortunately, adult ‘magical meltdowns’ at WDW (along with the other major parks) aren’t the exception to the rule.

people far too often get inside their own heads with wildly idealistic expectations. Imagine that heightened to the nth degree when at the happiest place on earth, where all your wishes are supposed to come true. :earsboy:

Have seen far too many people, who probably are otherwise calm & rational, lash out at the nearest target...whether it’s their own family, another guest or a CM.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter