Something About Nothing............ #14

IMG_4703.jpeg
a relaxing day planned. Still far too cold to hit the track to walk. Our mall is a ghost town, macys & an auction house. Movie theater limping along and a chinese buffet. When I do walk there, always expect a zombie to pop out behind a column as often, only see a few people around.

a family of clothes horses :) here. We like to look stylish, a confidence lift for many. harkens back to my parents preaching the value of making a good, first impression We do donate to charity what has lost favor, yet still stylish/utilitarian, everyone wins and looks spiffy.

Need to bundle up and go forth to grab Sam’s order, grab some veggies for chicken stir fry & try to find a dozen of eggs that isn’t verging on $4+ , for regular grocery store sort. When did that price jump hit?

Mac happy trip planning, get something on paper & modify. Took a Quick Look at the room rates a couple different times over the year for one of my kids, yikes!

Yeah, Keisha, I thought those hotel prices were higher than I have seen for awhile. Even with an AP rate, or lately not even seeing that, those save more are still high to me. Guess all are back enough, they get those prices. Even my car rental this time is much higher than I expected. Hope my fall one falls back to that great price I got last year. Hope find some good hotel rates before one of your son’s wanting to travel. I guess that rinse and repeat, and hope for the best rate found.

Ah that Monday feeling. Woke up to feel like I had to itch my elbow. Hmm, as I scratched, blood on my hand. Ack, a cut there. So antibiotic cream on it and a bandaid. Have no idea how I did it. Though the house tends to run dry in the wintertime, even though we have a humidifier on our heater. Stinks to be older. Lol

And so, Monday it is, and soon will hear the first of the trash trucks. 31 degrees seen as we tossed the last of the trash into the cans. And while an overcast sky seen, weather lady said we should see a clear sky by mid morning, giving us that glorious sunshine for us today. And yay, that cold front is gone, and 57 the high, to feel like that late in the afternoon.

Hehe, with the time jump coming up in two weeks, little one said, at least it won’t get as dark as early dinner time. I guess so, but will take me a couple of days, to adjust to day light saving time. Sigh. I should live in Arizona instead, as that state does not follow the time change.

Yes. Week day start. Glad not commuting for sure. Woke up right before alarm went off. As such, the two early risers are already up and screen viewing for over an hour. So quiet I hear, as not too many coworkers and friends are early risers like us.

Finally, tea for me, and hoping for a most Marvelous Monday for all.

View attachment 836732
a relaxing day planned. Still far too cold to hit the track to walk. Our mall is a ghost town, macys & an auction house. Movie theater limping along and a chinese buffet. When I do walk there, always expect a zombie to pop out behind a column as often, only see a few people around.

a family of clothes horses :) here. We like to look stylish, a confidence lift for many. harkens back to my parents preaching the value of making a good, first impression We do donate to charity what has lost favor, yet still stylish/utilitarian, everyone wins and looks spiffy.

Need to bundle up and go forth to grab Sam’s order, grab some veggies for chicken stir fry & try to find a dozen of eggs that isn’t verging on $4+ , for regular grocery store sort. When did that price jump hit?

Mac happy trip planning, get something on paper & modify. Took a Quick Look at the room rates a couple different times over the year for one of my kids, yikes!

I agree Janet, I love having nice clothes, it`s nice to feel dressed up and I do love my dresses!

Charity stores are excellent for getting rid of things that are still decent but no longer of use to us, it`s good to know they can be used again.

We pay roughly $7 for 30 eggs from the farm. The farm we used to get them from never charged us as we always gave them our fruit and drop in meals for them, bless them they`re getting on a little and they got rid of their chickens last year. But it`s a bargain at that price for such wonderful eggs.

Busy weekend, busy morning.....

Love sleeping that bit later when there`s no need to get up when it`s cold and raining, that extra snuggle time is just perfect, very cosy!!!!!

Got some stuff from a butcher we`ve never used before about 30 minutes from us, heard he was good and the little place was immaculately clean and produce looked wonderful. Bought some sausages, smoked bacon, rolled shoulder of lamb, diced steak for braising and one of their individual pork and chorizo pies. Will dice the lamb and make the curry for the weekend tomorrow and freeze it, bacon for lunch and sausages for dinner.

This afternoon I need the car, so will drop Tom off at his Monday volunteering place, go to my appointment then head back to pick him up later before dinner. Passes a few afternoons or mornings a week for him or us if we do it together. No school reading this week for me either. We`ve done things like this for years and always enjoy it.

And thank you to three lovely ladies on here......mac, Janet and Ruth........ ::yes::

Monday again........loved this puppies face!!!!

Lunch with huge pot of tea coming up!!!

cv54-S.jpg

cv5-S.png

Have a darn good Monday 😁

:wave2: finally making an appearance. It's been a hot minute since I've been here.

Work has kept me busy! Ended up picking up last weekend as the other full-time gal was sick. So it was a weekend of OT. The bank account will like that - but I'm dragging my behind now. Worked my weekend this past weekend - and next weekend is out to pick up again. So much work...I'm scared I won't be able to enjoy our holiday as I'll be burnt out from work :rolleyes2

Like @saskdw we woke up to colder temps and lots of snow. Luckily ds got up extra early and shoveled a path to my car and swept her off for me! Today the temps are set to sink for a day or two then slowly get better. I still have to silently say to myself " at least there are not alligators, snakes or hurricanes" I dislike winter - but I hate when it's windy, blowing snow and ugly cold temps.

DH is in Vancouver for work - so he is missing out on all this " lovely weather". Hence why ds got up to take care of his momma as he knows how much I dislike this kind of weather. I HATE trudging through snow - then your pants get wet....and cold feet blah blah blah lol :furious:

Well, I should find some papers to shuffle. I have some reading to catch up on.

Have a great day everyone!!!!

Well, got a mile in on track and what i assume was baker’s cyst started to bark, well more of a pinch. heating pad will be up to bat later to sooth it. Had thot ice, told absolutely not for some reason? Will add on in quarter mile increments each day and see how that goes.

Did hit it lucky at Sam’s today, 2 big racks of baby ribs on sale…use by the 29th sort of thing. Have a dry rub on them & going to try in the insta pot later. Hard to believe 30 min will do the trick, we will see. Going to finish off under oven broiler with BBQ sauce I’ll make. first have to figure out where that control is on oven lol

macaroni salad done too. The mr won’t touch either, go figure, he’ll be getting the planned leftover chicken stir fry.

Even my car rental this time is much higher than I expected.
I’m sitting on $320 for 9 days mid sized suv with hertz. It‘s been dropping $5 at a wallop the last few weeks. Works for me. Hope it will get a bit lower. The mr’s corp code with Avis no longer works. He’s going to have to touch base with the Guys still working to see if they changed it.
Hehe, with the time jump coming up in two weeks
Wow, that seems really early. Hard to believe it’s almost March, year is flying
We pay roughly $7 for 30 eggs from the farm
That’s a real deal! I don’t mind paying $2 something for a dozen. It’s just when they are pushing $5 for grocery story variety, I think it’s gouging.

Of course, historically, with Easter the end of March; they will likely be featured loss leader at the grocery stores starting mid month
Got some stuff from a butcher we`ve never used before about 30 minutes from us, heard he was good and the little place was immaculately clean and produce looked wonderful. Bought some sausages, smoked bacon, rolled shoulder of lamb, diced steak for braising and one of their individual pork and chorizo pies.
Yum. My dentist’s dad was a local butcher Back in the day. he gets sides of beef and cuts his own. We were laughing about how they just used to toss down sawdust on the floors and call it a day and nobody died. Well, they died, just didn’t blame it on the butcher.
Just in case anyone was considering a move to Saskatchewan!
Nothankyouverymuch!

my oldest DS is again coaching the USA team in the International Federation of American Football World Junior Championship in Edmonton, Alberta end of June.

Jokingly, I told him there might still be snow on the ground then. JK, i hope!
It's been a hot minute since I've been here
I thot you might be on your way to sandy beaches
Vancouver
as the hockey announcers here pronounce it: Van cooooooooooooooooo ver. It’s a fun word to say.

Nothankyouverymuch!

my oldest DS is again coaching the USA team in the International Federation of American Football World Junior Championship in Edmonton, Alberta end of June.

Snow is possible in June! 🤣

Most likely he will have Temps in the 70's in June. Edmonton is about 4 hours north west of where I am.

The crazy part about the weather here is the extremes both ways. There are very few places that get 90F and -45F in the same calendar year. And very few that get -30F and 36F in a 48 hour timeframe!

Woke up to a full on blizzard this morning! ❄️❄️❄️

It's dropping down to -32 overnight and forecast is showing a high of 36F for Thursday! 🤣

🎢

Just in case anyone was considering a move to Saskatchewan!

I`m with Janet.......thanks, but no thanks :rotfl: Far too cold for this heat loving lizard!!!

:wave2: finally making an appearance. It's been a hot minute since I've been here.

Work has kept me busy! Ended up picking up last weekend as the other full-time gal was sick. So it was a weekend of OT. The bank account will like that - but I'm dragging my behind now. Worked my weekend this past weekend - and next weekend is out to pick up again. So much work...I'm scared I won't be able to enjoy our holiday as I'll be burnt out from work :rolleyes2

Like @saskdw we woke up to colder temps and lots of snow. Luckily ds got up extra early and shoveled a path to my car and swept her off for me! Today the temps are set to sink for a day or two then slowly get better. I still have to silently say to myself " at least there are not alligators, snakes or hurricanes" I dislike winter - but I hate when it's windy, blowing snow and ugly cold temps.

DH is in Vancouver for work - so he is missing out on all this " lovely weather". Hence why ds got up to take care of his momma as he knows how much I dislike this kind of weather. I HATE trudging through snow - then your pants get wet....and cold feet blah blah blah lol :furious:

Well, I should find some papers to shuffle. I have some reading to catch up on.

Can`t be long till your trip now?

Well, got a mile in on track and what i assume was baker’s cyst started to bark, well more of a pinch. heating pad will be up to bat later to sooth it. Had thot ice, told absolutely not for some reason? Will add on in quarter mile increments each day and see how that goes.

Did hit it lucky at Sam’s today, 2 big racks of baby ribs on sale…use by the 29th sort of thing. Have a dry rub on them & going to try in the insta pot later. Hard to believe 30 min will do the trick, we will see. Going to finish off under oven broiler with BBQ sauce I’ll make. first have to figure out where that control is on oven lol

macaroni salad done too. The mr won’t touch either, go figure, he’ll be getting the planned leftover chicken stir fry.

I’m sitting on $320 for 9 days mid sized suv with hertz. It‘s been dropping $5 at a wallop the last few weeks. Works for me. Hope it will get a bit lower. The mr’s corp code with Avis no longer works. He’s going to have to touch base with the Guys still working to see if they changed it.

Wow, that seems really early. Hard to believe it’s almost March, year is flying

That’s a real deal! I don’t mind paying $2 something for a dozen. It’s just when they are pushing $5 for grocery story variety, I think it’s gouging.

Of course, historically, with Easter the end of March; they will likely be featured loss leader at the grocery stores starting mid month

Yum. My dentist’s dad was a local butcher Back in the day. he gets sides of beef and cuts his own. We were laughing about how they just used to toss down sawdust on the floors and call it a day and nobody died. Well, they died, just didn’t blame it on the butcher.

Nothankyouverymuch!

I thot you might be on your way to sandy beaches

as the hockey announcers here pronounce it: Van cooooooooooooooooo ver. It’s a fun word to say.

No ice??? hmmm. But, long as it heals, all good and adding a little every walk will do wonders for you.

I`m with your mister on macaroni salad! but ribs.....yum!!

We have several smaller butchers that do their own butchering instore. We do go to one large wholesale firm who sell to trade too, you can see the carcasses through a glassed area, but most butchers you won`t see carcasses. Doesn`t bother me, but it is a dying art for local butchers. I think sawdust has disappeared here too.

The one we went to today, it was the son of the guy who had the shop who runs it now, the father just retired in December aged 78 and had been in butchery for 65 years!! We`ll definitely go back to that one.

Snow is possible in June! 🤣

Most likely he will have Temps in the 70's in June. Edmonton is about 4 hours north west of where I am.

The crazy part about the weather here is the extremes both ways. There are very few places that get 90F and -45F in the same calendar year. And very few that get -30F and 36F in a 48 hour timeframe!

We had snow in June once a good few years ago now, very unusual though for us, but where you are, anything is possible!! You definitely win the award for the coldest place on the San!!!

Bacon and sausages were beautiful, proper dry cured smoked bacon and beautiful meaty sausages that were full of flavour. Very full after dinner tonight.

Thought our dishwasher was going to have to be replaced tonight.......oops, my fault, ever pressed the wrong button!!

Very cold here too, bitter east wind so having a day at home tomorrow, clearing out the study, some closets and drawers and have my curry simmer away. I diced up the lamb this afternoon and it`s marinading overnight, will cook it in the slow cooker tomorrow then freeze it for Saturday, should be perfect.

Might do some baking tomorrow too, but will be nice to have a cosy day in pottering around together.

Think it`ll be an early night tonight......:)

Our passes are FOTL after 4pm and if the ride is a must do and has a long line before that we do single rider or wait.
We'll do Airbnb or RP depending on whether we can get an AP room.
Hope you guys stay safe during the weather. We're due a weekish of rain starting Friday.
Our house gets 60+ inches a year due to all the water around us. Intracoastal, St Johns river, wetlands and the ocean all within a couple miles.

Thought our dishwasher was going to have to be replaced tonight.......oops, my fault, ever pressed the wrong button!!
How long do they generally last for you? Here, water is so hard, many (me included) have stopped replacing them and embrace dishpan hands. ;)

I was nervous the instapot would absolutely fail me. Nope. did have to use a rack to help pull them out and keep meat above the steaming liquid. I used vinegar and chicken broth 1:2 ratio.

then you put the two racks in on their sides, meat side out, in a circular fashion. Cook on high for half an hour, let sit for 10, then release. So far, so good. I opened it up and it looked like an octopus. Sort of expanded, for lack of a better term, while it cooked. Didn’t expect that.

managed to fish them out with the rack’s handles. Straightened out much better than I expected. Then broiled for 4 min, topped with my homemade sauce. Fall off the bone :) next time think i may put rub on the day prior vs 4 hours. Not too shabby if I do say so. Dinner for days lol
IMG_3204.jpeg

Our passes are FOTL after 4pm and if the ride is a must do and has a long line before that we do single rider or wait.
We'll do Airbnb or RP depending on whether we can get an AP room.
Hope you guys stay safe during the weather. We're due a weekish of rain starting Friday.
Our house gets 60+ inches a year due to all the water around us. Intracoastal, St Johns river, wetlands and the ocean all within a couple miles.

St John`s river is mahoosive!! The first time we drove to St Augustine I thought we had taken a wrong turn around Sanford area, it looked like the ocean it was so large!!

Hope that rain avoids you.

How long do they generally last for you? Here, water is so hard, many (me included) have stopped replacing them and embrace dishpan hands. ;)

I was nervous the instapot would absolutely fail me. Nope. did have to use a rack to help pull them out and keep meat above the steaming liquid. I used vinegar and chicken broth 1:2 ratio.

then you put the two racks in on their sides, meat side out, in a circular fashion. Cook on high for half an hour, let sit for 10, then release. So far, so good. I opened it up and it looked like an octopus. Sort of expanded, for lack of a better term, while it cooked. Didn’t expect that.

managed to fish them out with the rack’s handles. Straightened out much better than I expected. Then broiled for 4 min, topped with my homemade sauce. Fall off the bone :) next time think i may put rub on the day prior vs 4 hours. Not too shabby if I do say so. Dinner for days lol
View attachment 837068

We had our last dishwasher about 6 years, but more to do with things not being made to last now more than anything else. This one I forget, maybe 4 years?? The one we bought when I moved in with Tom before we got married lasted us for what seems like forever. It moved countries and made every move we made for about 15 years including being in storage several times for months on end when we didn`t live here. So, yes I think it`s more they`re not made to last anymore.

Some things we do still wash by hand, well Tom does the clear up as I cook and things like Le Creuset pans don`t go in, well I don`t put them in anyway and larger baking trays are all washed by hand. I must check if Tom has dish pan hands......lol.....we make a good double act in the kitchen!!

Those ribs look gorgeous!!! And I`m with you on the home made sauce, you know what`s in it and much healthier than store bought ones and much tastier too! You did well straightening them out though, I`d have envisaged then staying curled up.

It`s funny, your broiling is our grilling.....we don`t grill outside...we bbq.....lol.....I have been educated in the past that bbq is a food not a cooking method, I get it, but it`s just what we tend to say. If I`m using the grill in our electric oven I do remember to say I broiled something if I`m talking to an American.

I should revisit those instapots. I had one a few years back but gave it to one of my friends as I didn`t use it, she loves it too!!

You guys are making me hungry.

::yes::

Woke up ready for a cuppa this morning, might have had too much salt yesterday with bacon and sausages! They were nice though. I did drink some extra water last night, but nothing wrong with waking to a cuppa. But, we are embracing this sleeping a little later, at least till the weather gets warmer, no need for us to be up in the middle of the night as Tom calls it......yep, I agree.

Absolutely nothing going on today for us. I do have some emails to reply to, but plan to sort out the study, Tom plans to shred stuff he has stored for a set period of time then gets rid of them, I`ll sort out closets and drawers of clothes, bake a little and pop the lamb and other ingredients in the slow cooker, but that`s for the weekend, it`ll be portioned into two double dishes and one will for the weekend.

Dinner tonight I`m making brie and cranberry stuffed chicken breast and wrapped in bacon, roasts off nicely, cauliflower, carrots and baby corn with that. The chicken breasts are huge I noticed so maybe one between two of us will be enough with everything else on the plate, mash will be in there too.

Toast with marmalade for me this morning Tom wants cereal.....not for me, don`t like them in general. Lunch will be spicy chicken open sandwich with some lovely tomatoes, not local this time of year but they are very nice.

And Tuesday again.....and a quiet one for us, it`s nice to have a moochy day now and again, just mooching around doing little jobs here and there with lots of stops for a cuppa and a cake! Going to be another not very nice day, so it`s the best place to be I think.

cv52-S.jpg

cv123-S.jpg

Happy Tuesday :sunny:

Ah that second day of week day routine, and here I am in the office. Fast enough commute, and quiet in my office. Tea from that bottled water and enjoying some toasted raisin bread, as had to finish it. May get into those mini donuts a little later. Mid morning have to walk to the other side of my complex, as meeting there. About a mile walk, so will give myself about 15 minutes. Strolling, no need to rush. That leisurely walk, as will be nice to be outside, as warmer, 52 out my phone says it will be at the time I’ll be walking. 37 out now, but 63 the high, even with the clouds coming to give us rain.

But a yay, with rain around, the temps tend to rise. Will be a beautiful sun filled sunrise today, but by lunchtime the clouds arrive and I hope the rain holds off like the weather guy said, as while first said late afternoon a few days ago, now saying sure it will be coming in the early evening. And a rainy evening we will have, as saying won’t end until the early morning tomorrow. Hoping I don’t see it as I commute again, though more rain tomorrow, but we get into the mid 60’s tomorrow’s high again. Two 60 degrees days? Thanks for the warm, though not the rain, at the ending of February. Woot!

And so, the day we say, have a taco 🌮 or two 🌮 🌮. Hand held meals that can be filled with whatever you want. Taco Bell says yay, Taco Tuesday today. Hehe, last one of February it is. And remember Caesar’s warning, beware the Ides of March.

Woot! Week day routine ends the first day of March. And that day, kids go for a three day weekend of mountain fun.

Warmer weather coming next month. I hope so. I feel like it’s our transition month from the winter cold to those beautiful sun filled Spring days. Though yes, we have seen snow on Easter, when it’s been early like this year. But happy Spring arrives mid month, March 19. A Tuesday, so how fitting we will say, tacos on the menu to celebrate the arrival of Spring. Woot! Means 3 weeks from now. And they may be a little green, not because of Spring arrival, but two days before that, and that Sunday, raise a pint to say hurray, it’s St. Pat’s Day.

Hope a most Terrific Taco Tuesday to you all today.

Settling down with my first cuppa. Really
didn't want to be a member of the breakfast club today, my pooch had other ideas

Little does he know will be ‘rewarded’ with a haircut and bath today & tomorrow in no particular order

Carole’s dinner sounds like it should be on fancee restaurant menu!

Lynne warm here too, front has hastened, we will be dodging rain during our walks the next two days

989C5E33-BEFF-4A52-81AB-48F63F750593.jpeg

Settling down with my first cuppa. Really
didn't want to be a member of the breakfast club today, my pooch had other ideas

Little does he know will be ‘rewarded’ with a haircut and bath today & tomorrow in no particular order

Carole’s dinner sounds like it should be on fancee restaurant menu!

Lynne warm here too, front has hastened, we will be dodging rain during our walks the next two days

View attachment 837225

lol....I did have that dish in a restaurant about a million years ago, was classed as a 70`s special then. But it`s on most of our good pub restaurant menu`s now although they tend not to do the bacon wrap. It`s gorgeous!! Our favourite pub restaurant in Scotland also serves it with a creamy white wine sauce, which goes amazingly well with it! I`ve said it befor and I`ll say it again, I`ll never be slim!

Godd luck with the pooch today, does he enjoy the pampering?? I do like a good pamper myself with a few hours in the salon!

We won`t be walking today, bliddy baltic out there, barely 30F and there is a cold wind that`s to be avoided! Tom went out for something to the village, came back in claiming winter has arrived!! And it`s me that feels the cold, so no walking just yet for these lizards!

Getting through our jobs today, did more than we planned, curry is simmering away nicely, will switch it off in an hour or so before letting it cool.

Making mini pavlovas for tonight and a ginger cake for the farm, so the smell in my kitchen is very mixed today. But, nice though.

Gardener is here to start planning what he`s doing this year will leave that to Tom and him and window cleaner has just left too, windows are gleaming inside and out now although I can see some streaks on the inside of one of the panes in the bi fold doors, that was me, can`t blame anyone else! Will get it later.

Lunch over, time for a cuppa and get that baking out!

Run away doggie, though my dogs liked baths, Keisha. And I always had a dog all I had to do was brush every so often. Though shedding was always finding some fur even after I vacuumed good. Hehe, need to train that dog to not move until you get up.

Two meetings this morning. But sun is shining oh so brightly.

Quick stop in :wave2:

10 days and counting!!! actually 9 as we have tickets for Blake Shelton for Friday night before we fly out the next day!

Skies are brilliant blue here...but it's cold cold cold. It will slowly warm up this week to more normal temperatures. I hate that Mother Nature always comes and gives us a quick blast of cold weather - just to remind us that winter is meant to be cold :cold:

Quiet night last night. Youngest ds moved all the snow that fell within the last 36 hrs. AS payment I would make or buy whatever his heart desired for dinner last night. He picked monte cristo sandwiches and soup! That was an easy request.

Dh is on his way home, older ds is still working out of town. Not sure what is on the menu for tonight. I'm thinking a quick taco bowl - with chicken, rice, corn black beans pepper and onions.

Well heading out for lunch.

Yay two hand countdown for Pumpkin. How fun, concert then relaxing vacation time. Glad to see you have blue skies. Overcast here now.

Sunglasses needed for my lunchtime stroll. Probably won’t need them on the drive home. Sigh. Saying now, bands of heavy rain tomorrow.

And bringing treats home, from my office. Someone brought in 3 dozen, still warm, sugar covered, in 3 kinds of flavors, donuts. Then someone left which looked like a very high, two layer cake, but it was a bottom layer of red velvet cake, then topped with cheesecake, then on top, a pecan pie. Called a piecaken. All covered with buttercream, then tons of bright colored sprinkles (jimmies I say). Desserts for them today. Lucky family. Hehe.

Almost done. Almost time to fight that ugly city traffic. I’m so ready.

Making mini pavlovas
tricky little devils, never really mastered them, or macaroons…something about their “feet” not being right. IDK, tasted Fine to me.
Run away doggie, though my dogs liked baths
Well, just the hairs & nails cut today. Love him to pieces, didn’t realize how much grooming goes into that hair vs fur. There are days I spend more on his than mine, not kidding
10 days and counting!!! actually 9 as we have tickets for Blake Shelton for Friday night before we fly out the next day!
Woot! I’m thinking he likely puts on a heck of a show.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter