• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Something About Nothing............ #14

To quote Mr Rogers, it’s a wonderful day in the neighborhood!
I had been blocked out on the boards but now I am clear and back in service.

Will be playing catch up for a few hours now.

I have clicked Dorthy’s shoes and glad they still fit me.

Good to see you back mac!!!

You were missed........😁

I have no clue who Mr Rogers is though?????

Weird memory......I always wanted a pair of those ruby red shoes as a child, who didn`t! Fast forward or rewind I suppose to the 1980`s and one of the first pairs of stilletos I bought was a vibrant red pair and I loved them!! Everything was so colourful in the 80`s clothes wise, I miss those days!! Going out almost every night dressed to impress.......now two nights out in a row and I need a week to recover 🥴

Hard to take a pass on free. I’m sure she will make the right decision for her

Like that countdown kitty! We are 14 days out from the race trip. Five from the eclipse trip. Holding my breath on the weather for that one.

I finished all the tax returns on my desk this afternoon after a scary drive to bank with road partially washed out from the storms. Odd to see gravel almost 6 inches thick over the road full of serpentine twists. Naturally, more than a few idjits making as tho off roading thru it all, kicking up said gravel. Thot for sure my care would be pitted, luckily not

Oy, not again. You gotta be sick of that by now

The eclipse is one we have really no chance of seeing this time around. They say we may see a partial in certain areas, not us, as it`ll occur between 7.52-8.51pm for us, but last night it was dark by then and it`ll be the same in a few days, but NASA is streaming it, so we`ll see it that way. But, very exciting!!

Good job on the tax returns!!! And yes that race is getting ever closer!!

Well…no comment
All that matters is I am back and can read threads and post!
I no longer am standing in the corner
lol
🤗

:wave2:

Early night last night for us, woke up sometime during the night to hear the rain battering against the windows, told Tom it was raining for some reason....lol.......we got straight back to sleep though. It is still bouncing down this morning, it`s supposed to go off and maybe come back on later. Shame the kids are all off for Easter right now.

No plans today, going to do some cleaning, laundry and then head out for lunch with another 3 couples, hope the rain is off by then. So no need for dinner, but might snack later. And plan to make a lasagne and take to the farm for them, they weren`t so well a few weeks back but I still like to make them a dish once a week.

Definitely a lot of tea drinking today here I think.

Going to have pancakes with bacon and syrup this morning, feel like sweet and savoury this morning.

Have a good Wednesday 😁

cv2192-S.jpg

cv55-S.jpg

Oh my, I think we got that 2 to 3 inches of rain in the overnight, as heard at least 2 thunderstorms roll by. But by the time I opened the door, still raining, but not nearly as hard. as last thunderstorm that rolled by that was about 15 minutes before our alarm went off.

But quite the amount of water on the road this early morning. And oh so dark too. 43 degrees out right now. So a cool feeling rain, for sure. As still a bit windy. And joy, saying a thunderstorm to be late in the afternoon, so as hoping my commute ends before it arrives. Crossing fingers and toes.

And who did I see, using my bright flashlight:
IMG_3371.jpeg

Ah, camel’s got the right idea this very rainy hump of a day feeling day. The day where we get over that hump day, Friday is only a day away. Woot! Long weekend coming up due to car servicing. Yay!

And so, tea from that bottled water, and quiet office so far.

Hope all have a Most Wonderful Wednesday today.

Morning all.

Informal info on HHN out, website crashed this am. Single day tix & EP should be available later today.

I need to get that thread going. Will start later today
What race?
IMG_0217.jpeg
There will be costumes! Mr & I just doing 5k. Did & GD doing them all. They just booked F&W one too beginning of Nov
I have no clue who Mr Rogers is though?????
He was local pioneer is children’s tv programming. revered here by most. Even Eddie Murphy had a

https://www.misterrogers.org/

Even Eddie Murphy had a loving parodies as Mr Robinson on SNL. Worth a google for a giggle or two
Oh my, I think we got that 2 to 3 inches of rain in the overnight,
we ‘win’ that contest nobody wants to come in first

6+ inches of rain since yesterday. All rivers & streams have crested and our main road out of neighborhood partially washed out from water off the mountainside

Tornado warnings ( I think are now done) saw Orlando had them also

Have I mentioned snow is on its way?

Enough already!

Morning all.

Informal info on HHN out, website crashed this am. Single day tix & EP should be available later today.

I need to get that thread going. Will start later today

View attachment 847837
There will be costumes! Mr & I just doing 5k. Did & GD doing them all. They just booked F&W one too beginning of Nov

He was local pioneer is children’s tv programming. revered here by most. Even Eddie Murphy had a

https://www.misterrogers.org/

Even Eddie Murphy had a loving parodies as Mr Robinson on SNL. Worth a google for a giggle or two

we ‘win’ that contest nobody wants to come in first

6+ inches of rain since yesterday. All rivers & streams have crested and our main road out of neighborhood partially washed out from water off the mountainside

Tornado warnings ( I think are now done) saw Orlando had them also

Have I mentioned snow is on its way?

Enough already!

Ah, never heard of that at all. Heard of SNL of course, I do like a bit of Eddie Murphy!!

No more snow Janet.....it`s April now, someone tell your weather system!! Although I think you`ve sent some of that rain over here, it`s barely stopped since around 2am this morning, right now we have thick rain with a light mist, our lawns look drowned.

Well, so much for not going out this morning. The tv in the sitting room gave up the ghost this morning, I had no clue as I rarely have tv on, but Tom came through to the kitchen and yep, disaster apparently. We have a lot of tv`s in this house, all large ones, my response was, well move one of the tv`s out of one of the spare rooms till we get round to getting a new one.....nope, we can`t do that apparently.

So, off we toddled down to pick one up he wanted.......yes, they do deliver same day, but it might be after 6pm tonight, so it was quicker to go get it. Boys and their toys. I told him there was no rush as we only really watch that one at night if we do at all, but no, we can`t NOT have a tv in that room......lol......he makes me laugh. So we have a new tv tonight to get used to. It`s more complicated than a NASA launch pad looking at the remote and screen!!!

We did go out for lunch with some friends, but we only had sandwiches in the pub, so I`m making some appetisers for later, I have some stuff to make up duck spring rolls and some spicy shrimp on skewers, that`ll work and I think after we eat we may be in the sitting room playing with our new toy!!! Men. Yes, the other 3 ladies all thought the same while the men all said it was needed! One asked the cost, I have no clue and don`t care to know :rolleyes1

I ramble.

Another cup of tea for us I think......

Good evening. Today started out as a very cold, rainy, dreary day. Thankfully the weather improved by the time I left work. Yesterday was like the Monday after a long vacation. Lots of phone calls, emails, and text messages.

It`s a shame she doesn`t see the benefits of a Masters Degree. It would make her so much more appealing to employers, but if she doesn`t want to, it`s a difficult one.
We’re hoping she will change her mind now that she sees how difficult it is to get a job in her field.

Oh, that kind of race. My mind went straight to auto racing.

I think tonight will be a quiet night of stitching. I am close to finishing the Spiderman picture I am making for B.

Feel grateful our rain event was minimal here in Jax. I had to load my work truck in a light rain but it never really turned into widespread Tstorms.
Looks like the bipolar spring weather is here for a while yet.
PJs and pups tonight for sure.

Tempted to make some way out rez every time I watch the Epic Universe updates.
We've had passes for years on and off and had them when HP first soft opened. And then waited close to a year to ride anything in it. Sure it's going to be an absolute cluster at Epic for a while if we don't get any passholder perks.

:wave2: It's been a hot minute since I've stopped in :blush:

Things are good here. Finished up working at the full-time job last week - just before Easter. This week, I'm still working at the Homecare desk. I have one last shift tomorrow and one for next weekend as well ( which will be my last regularly scheduled ones with them. I've been training already for the new position learning a new system they are using (that is actually going live for Homecare in the fall) So another steep learning curve. I start in the Cancer Unit on Monday morning. I am getting excited and nervous about the learning curve, but so far, my new manager seems to be on the ball for getting all my training up and completed.

Easter was great. We went to the city to spend it with the kiddos and gd. We won't get to see them again now until closer until the end of May now. Dh has lots of work trips happening in the next 2 months. So I'll get to enjoy the weekends off - putzing and cleaning some corners of the house.

Our weather is still on the chillier side. It just doesn't want to warm up much. Whatever snow we had is gone....but there is still that cold chill in the air.

I took a sick day today. I have avoided all the sick co-workers, getting on a plane for 6+ hours and numerous times around the gd when she wasn't feeling the best...and on Monday when I had my first training session, the other girl in the class was coughing and hacking :sad2: I could feel it starting last night and medicated myself, but had a horrible sleep. Woke up feeling not great, went into work, but with my co-worker training the new gal - they really didn't need me today -so I used some sick time. I slept most of the day. I'm just sitting with a hot tea. I hope it doesn't linger too long.
Well, I should get going...just thought I would stop in. Hopefully I'll be stopping in more often again, as I get into my new position.

Have a great evening everyone!!!!!

Good evening. Today started out as a very cold, rainy, dreary day. Thankfully the weather improved by the time I left work. Yesterday was like the Monday after a long vacation. Lots of phone calls, emails, and text messages.

We’re hoping she will change her mind now that she sees how difficult it is to get a job in her field.

I think tonight will be a quiet night of stitching. I am close to finishing the Spiderman picture I am making for B.

I hope she does, it`s an excellent opportunity for her. She must be very frustrated to not be working in her field after graduating.

:wave2: It's been a hot minute since I've stopped in :blush:

Things are good here. Finished up working at the full-time job last week - just before Easter. This week, I'm still working at the Homecare desk. I have one last shift tomorrow and one for next weekend as well ( which will be my last regularly scheduled ones with them. I've been training already for the new position learning a new system they are using (that is actually going live for Homecare in the fall) So another steep learning curve. I start in the Cancer Unit on Monday morning. I am getting excited and nervous about the learning curve, but so far, my new manager seems to be on the ball for getting all my training up and completed.

Easter was great. We went to the city to spend it with the kiddos and gd. We won't get to see them again now until closer until the end of May now. Dh has lots of work trips happening in the next 2 months. So I'll get to enjoy the weekends off - putzing and cleaning some corners of the house.

Our weather is still on the chillier side. It just doesn't want to warm up much. Whatever snow we had is gone....but there is still that cold chill in the air.

I took a sick day today. I have avoided all the sick co-workers, getting on a plane for 6+ hours and numerous times around the gd when she wasn't feeling the best...and on Monday when I had my first training session, the other girl in the class was coughing and hacking :sad2: I could feel it starting last night and medicated myself, but had a horrible sleep. Woke up feeling not great, went into work, but with my co-worker training the new gal - they really didn't need me today -so I used some sick time. I slept most of the day. I'm just sitting with a hot tea. I hope it doesn't linger too long.
Well, I should get going...just thought I would stop in. Hopefully I'll be stopping in more often again, as I get into my new position.

Have a great evening everyone!!!!!

Glad you had a nice Easter weekend Pumpkin and you get to enjoy weekends off soon.

Hope you feel much better too, it sucks feeling so poorly. Good to see you post though :)

I think the rain is easing, as the morning goes on it should be off altogether with small chances of showers the rest of the day, finally!

Going to do some shopping this morning, need to pop into two farm stores and then into a local farm for eggs, we tend to buy one of their trays of 30 eggs, all freshly laid, you can`t get fresher eggs anywhere.

Tom is out this afternoon, I forget how long we have been volunteering for, we`ve always done something wherever we`ve lived, it`s nice to give something back. So, I might go visit one of my friends for the afternoon as I`m not needed, they have plenty of folks, so I may hibernate and read a book, I`m quite missing my book group getting together now.

No idea for food today, croissants and fruit for breakfast, large pot of tea then might do grilled sandwiches for lunch, might do chicken in some form for dinner, will decide later.

Hope you have a lovely Thursday :sunny:

cv101-S.jpg

cv76-S.jpg

Oh Pumpkin, I hope you feel much better today. Not fun when you had a bad night of not well sleeping. Keep that tea flowing, and sending get well mummy dust out your way. And yay, for family time for Easter. Hope new job goes perfectly. Always nice to have a weekend of just me, being in total laziness mode.

Ah, that was a wicked weather time last night. Tornado warning, high wind warning, and thunderstorm watch all issued late afternoon yesterday, to have expired at midnight last night. Well, had to make a grocery run around dinner time yesterday, and ooh that thunder was so loud as was in store. Both our phones then buzzed lightning in area, stay inside. Can’t stay inside, have to get home. So we almost ran to the car, as while it was drizzling when we went to the store, was raining pretty hard when we came out. On way home, saw a crack of lightning strike in the neighborhood right next to the local highway we were on. Booming thunder a few seconds later. Hope it didn’t hit anything to cause issue. Then as turned into our street, heard a crack of lightning, then a few seconds later, booming thunder, then a few seconds after that, local fire whistle sounded, the station less than two blocks from our home. Hope no fire from wherever that struck, that couldn’t be not that far from our house. Glad it wasn’t any on my street.

This morning’s weather and traffic said, roads still wet, flooding, and downed trees blocking roads. But at least no rain until later this evening. Commute was quick as usual, but oh so dark, wet, windy, and muggy, as still water feeling in the air. Thankful, as saw no trees down, nor that much traffic on my route.

Ah, thirsty is nature this week, as quite the amount of rain we got. And yes, Keisha not a total amount I want to win either. But at least we should be drying out soon, as rain chances after this evening, is the last rain we should see, before the ending of next week, where predicted more rain to fall. April showers indeed.

What was that noise? Windy out still. Saying 18 mph winds this morning. Yeah, noisy weather outside I still have. That and city traffic.

Ack, forgot to put on my watch. So used to it, feel like I’ll still try to look at it. Oh well. Time seen on laptop and my phone.

And so, ever a day to enjoy a beverage, as today, a Thirsty Thursday. Hope all have a Terrific Thirsty Thursday today, and drink up, does a body good. And raise a glass, to the fact tomorrow is Fabulous Friday.

And yay, as lazy Friday for me this week. Though because car needs its annual inspection. And ooh little one said maybe we will go to that mall where you can see the nyc skyline, tomorrow. Fine with me, as will drop the car off early, as car shop opens early in the morning, whereas, mall doesn’t open until closer to lunchtime. Though will take us around two hours drive to get to that mall.

Plans. Like them for tomorrow, and like the countdown for Keisha. And our next countdown is coming up for earlier next month. Woot! Planning for fun times. ::yes::

This. Morning just flew by
Early this am, had pooch out for first time, sun was shining, temp around freezing. I hear odd faint sound, couldn’t figure it out until i looked into the sunshine…a very fine sleet. That’s a first
I told him there was no rush as we only really watch that one at night if we do at all, but no, we can`t NOT have a tv in that room......lol......he makes me laugh
he was trying to prevent a disturbance in the force…Male version of feng sui.

Of which I never did quit grasp but, good for those who do. It’s always been more of “can I fit that couch on that wall” taking priority in my homes
Lol spoken like a true nascar fan
Feel grateful our rain event was minimal here in Jax.
I didn’t know u were in Jax area. Every time we fly over it the mr fondly recalls his days there when in the navy. The beaches look amazing. Often tempted to book a last minute cheap short cruise out of there to add onto MCO trip. No idea of actual drive times tho. As in they say from TPA to MCO an hour, HA! Last time leavingSt Pete @ 7am took us over 5 hours due to traffic and 3 dead stops due to accidents.
Tempted to make some way out rez every time I watch the Epic Universe updates
Saw a thread here recently people are monitoring when the rates are jumping, associating it with opening day sort of thing.
slept most of the day. I'm just sitting with a hot tea. I hope it doesn't linger too long.
Well, that stinks. Nothing south of the border and the local germs jump you! Be well
I hope she does, it`s an excellent opportunity for her. She must be very frustrated to not be working in her field after graduating.
Have to laugh, over Easter this subject came up. My boys all related how the monday after graduation, they went out to whatever (menial) job they had lined up to fill the void to pay their bills while trying to get hired into their life’s work. Then, they all turned and looked at me…who me? :).

Rule here was you want to drive one of my cars, you find a part time job & pay for the difference in insurance and your own gas. Mean mom & all. Didn’t need the money, they needed to learn there is no free ride in life.
Ack, forgot to put on my watch. So used to it, feel like I’ll still try to look at it
It’s officially half past a freckle day for you. That drives me nuts. I don’t wear mine unless leaving the house most days.

Sleet? Ick, Keisha. Hope more sunshine without the sleet this almost noon time. Have those fancy glasses to watch the eclipse on Monday?

At least remembered my soup to nuke for lunch today. And joy, our time reporting website seems to be down. Hmm, end of pay period, why not be unavailable? Hope it comes back up before I leave today. Sigh. At least still have connectivity. And weather seems okay for a lunchtime walk. 50 degrees and overcast, with a 17 mph wind, making it feel like 46 degrees. Good thing I tied up my hair today. Bad hair day alert this windy day. Time for sneakers to be put on.

Follow on everyone. Will be legally blonde this late afternoon. Yay. Salon pampering time before I get home.

This. Morning just flew by

Early this am, had pooch out for first time, sun was shining, temp around freezing. I hear odd faint sound, couldn’t figure it out until i looked into the sunshine…a very fine sleet. That’s a first

he was trying to prevent a disturbance in the force…Male version of feng sui.

Of which I never did quit grasp but, good for those who do. It’s always been more of “can I fit that couch on that wall” taking priority in my homes

Lol spoken like a true nascar fan

I didn’t know u were in Jax area. Every time we fly over it the mr fondly recalls his days there when in the navy. The beaches look amazing. Often tempted to book a last minute cheap short cruise out of there to add onto MCO trip. No idea of actual drive times tho. As in they say from TPA to MCO an hour, HA! Last time leavingSt Pete @ 7am took us over 5 hours due to traffic and 3 dead stops due to accidents.

Saw a thread here recently people are monitoring when the rates are jumping, associating it with opening day sort of thing.

Well, that stinks. Nothing south of the border and the local germs jump you! Be well

Have to laugh, over Easter this subject came up. My boys all related how the monday after graduation, they went out to whatever (menial) job they had lined up to fill the void to pay their bills while trying to get hired into their life’s work. Then, they all turned and looked at me…who me? :).

Rule here was you want to drive one of my cars, you find a part time job & pay for the difference in insurance and your own gas. Mean mom & all. Didn’t need the money, they needed to learn there is no free ride in life.

It’s officially half past a freckle day for you. That drives me nuts. I don’t wear mine unless leaving the house most days.

lol....definitely a man thing, I can happily live without tv, but music...nah! Although I do enjoy tv now and again. Nothing better than a new thriller to watch. Yes, no feng carp for me either.

We were so lucky with Kyle, he graduated with a First in a Chemical Engineering Masters Degree with honours (top you can get here) a year early, he was offered several jobs immediately, took one with a 6 week gap from Graduation till it started....we thought he deserved it after four solid years of hard graft. He enjoyed several years there before being headhunted to where he is now, he finished at the old place on the Friday and started new job on the Monday. No long gaps to explain to any future employer. But, yes, not about the money, self worth is far more important and taking on that responsibility, and yes, getting your future started. No, you`re not mean at all, just being a repsonsible and nurturing parent, and they all turned out well!!!

It is cold today!!! Breeze heading straight from Russia over the North Sea and aiming straight for my village!! Got shopping done, hibernated in the car while we waited for the eggs to be packed, can`t get fresher than that, then home for early lunch as Tom was out volunteering this afternoon again.

Headed over to visit one of my friends, thankfully she likes her home really warm too, so it was very cosy. I hate to visit anyone who won`t put their heating on because "it`s April" now.....bah humbug!!!! If it`s cold, the heating is on. Anyway, had a nice day chatting and putting the world in it`s place, and everyone in it too!!!

Made Hot Honey spicy sausages from our lovely new butcher for tonight`s dinner, they are the nicest sausages, sweet and spicy just the way we like them.

Quiet night ahead for us, might watch some tv, lots of new things to watch on Netflix and all the other 987 channels we have but still struggle to find something worth watching at times.

Pot of tea time for us, might have a choccie biscuit to go with it.

Charade Dr who fires up on Disney + 5/10
@ 7 pm:banana: it’s been too long

Have those fancy glasses to watch the eclipse on Monday?
I bought a half dozen box of the ones from Amazon last year. Yes, I’m a planner. The Mr calls me quartermaster lol. They look/fit like regular sunglasses. Remind me of looking thru welding glasses.

Not a fan of those 3D cardboard ones as to fit. Had imagined they might blow off our noggins in that bracing wind from the lake lol

Will be legally blonde this late afternoon. Yay.
Always nice to get refreshed. Same look?
Breeze heading straight from Russia over the North Sea and aiming straight for my village!!
From Russia with love?:duck:

Kyle surely slayed school, good for him!

I did drag myself to work today. I definitely feel better than yesterday. Now hopefully this cough doesn't turn into something worse.

My last shift working the desk at Homecare. It was a sad but good day. I got flowers and a gift card from the other admins and managers today. Our desk sends out a morning report to all our healthcare aids everyday with updates that we need them to be aware of. I always put little memes in mine. Today I did one with it being my last day at the desk as I'm moving to a different unit. I got many emails, texts on our scheduler phone and many stopping by the desk to wish me luck in my new position and saying they will miss me. I had great rapport with many of them, and will miss working with many of them.

Old man winter just doesn't seem to want to go away. It's currently snowing again :sad: It is melting as it hits the ground and won't accumulate much ,,,but ugh. NOT what I want to see or drive on tomorrow morning.

We have been talking and checking out price of flights. The main carrier we fly on is having a great sale...and the boys want to go to Florida to see Disney and Universal!!!! I'm soooo flipping excited. We are looking a mid October. I know Universal will be busy with HHN ( which the boys and dh want to do) but the crowd calendars for the days we are looking at are lower during the week. I will probably be asking tons of questions about HHN if we actually book the flights.

Still wishing the snow would stop. I need to get going. I need to prep a bit for the training I'm doing tomorrow so I have some clue as to what is going on. Gotta love Epic/Connect Care.

I hope everyone has a great night counting sheep.

@ 7 pm:banana: it’s been too long

I bought a half dozen box of the ones from Amazon last year. Yes, I’m a planner. The Mr calls me quartermaster lol. They look/fit like regular sunglasses. Remind me of looking thru welding glasses.

Not a fan of those 3D cardboard ones as to fit. Had imagined they might blow off our noggins in that bracing wind from the lake lol

Always nice to get refreshed. Same look?

From Russia with love?:duck:

Kyle surely slayed school, good for him!

Glad you`ve got the good ones and not those awful cardboard ones, they are dreadful looking and yes, a blast of wind and they`re off!

Russia with not so much love indeed....lol.....not as cold today apparently, we might get 62F today, but.......blowing a hoolie!!! High winds on Sunday forecast but Saturday we are so excited.....might get almost 70F, but windy.....lol....not fair!!

Dr Who is back on?????

I did drag myself to work today. I definitely feel better than yesterday. Now hopefully this cough doesn't turn into something worse.

My last shift working the desk at Homecare. It was a sad but good day. I got flowers and a gift card from the other admins and managers today. Our desk sends out a morning report to all our healthcare aids everyday with updates that we need them to be aware of. I always put little memes in mine. Today I did one with it being my last day at the desk as I'm moving to a different unit. I got many emails, texts on our scheduler phone and many stopping by the desk to wish me luck in my new position and saying they will miss me. I had great rapport with many of them, and will miss working with many of them.

Old man winter just doesn't seem to want to go away. It's currently snowing again :sad: It is melting as it hits the ground and won't accumulate much ,,,but ugh. NOT what I want to see or drive on tomorrow morning.

We have been talking and checking out price of flights. The main carrier we fly on is having a great sale...and the boys want to go to Florida to see Disney and Universal!!!! I'm soooo flipping excited. We are looking a mid October. I know Universal will be busy with HHN ( which the boys and dh want to do) but the crowd calendars for the days we are looking at are lower during the week. I will probably be asking tons of questions about HHN if we actually book the flights.

Still wishing the snow would stop. I need to get going. I need to prep a bit for the training I'm doing tomorrow so I have some clue as to what is going on. Gotta love Epic/Connect Care.

I hope everyone has a great night counting sheep.

Keisha`s HHN thread is the best place to go for info, she has it all on there as well as views and opinions too.

It`s sad to leave a place you get on so well with many folks. Some of my best friends came from the workplace. Whoever said you can`t make friends if you`re the boss spoke nonsense and even though it`s been almost 30 years since I left our Scottish workplace, we`re still good friends today. They`ll miss you too I`m sure.

Yes, hope that snow stops soon!!

A blast of wind woke me up around 5am this morning, never did get back to sleep, so got up and make a cuppa, put the washing machine on and wrote both my cousins in America a couple of emails and watched it get lighter as I sat writing. Slowly changing in the mornings now, thank goodness.

Not much going on today, Tom wants to go to a local garden centre, not my favourite place unless we go to one with a lovely coffee shop and sells fancy stuff too. One I do like sells kitchen equipment, dishes and gadgets, luxury food items and many other select products and yes, lovely coffee shop!!

Tom fancies those really thick pork chops on the bone for dinner tonight, so will pop in and get some today, don`t have any of those in the freezer, I prefer boneless, but will absolutely enjoy them and will make a spicy honey mustard sauce too.

But, bacon and poached egg first this morning and another large pot of tea!!

Happy Champagne Friday.....I would love a machine like this in our home, refill as needed!!!!

1712296586437.gif

cv22-S.jpg

cv21-S.jpg

Good morning. I’m up earlier than I need to be thanks to the cat. Yesterday started off as a good day until I got a call from our accountant. We need to change our withholding amounts. Later in the day I spent an hour and a half trying to resolve an insurance problem. Today I am off to my other temporary job.

Tempted to make some way out rez every time I watch the Epic Universe updates.
I am really looking forward to the new park, but it will probably be a few years before I go. I don’t want to deal with the initial crowds.

I took a sick day today.

Glad you are feeling better. Hope you can rest this weekend.

She must be very frustrated to not be working in her field after graduating.
I don’t think the lack of working is bothering her so much, but the lack if money is.

Plans. Like them for tomorrow, and like the countdown for Keisha. And our next countdown is coming up for earlier next month. Woot! Planning for fun times
We will miss each other again. Are you just going to Universal or will you be at Disney too?

Ack, forgot to put on my watch. So used to it, feel like I’ll still try to look at it. Oh well. Time seen on laptop and my phone.
There was a time where I would not go anywhere without my watch. I haven’t worn one in years.

I hate to visit anyone who won`t put their heating on because "it`s April" now.....bah humbug!!!! If it`s cold, the heating is on.
I don’t get that either. My house has often gone from heat to air in the same day. I refuse to be uncomfortable in my own home.

I just hope the writing is better. I have heard that the new companion is only staying for one season.

My last shift working the desk at Homecare.
Good luck with the new job.

Time to get ready for work. I have a feeling it’s going to be a long day.

Pumpkin, glad you are feeling better, and hope that cough doesn’t stay around long. Ick, to snow this time of year. Lucky, that while we have seen snow in early April, it’s not been that cold lately. Though too cool in my book though. Sweet, all that said goodbye, and wishing you well in your new job. Yay, plotting and scheming a Fall trip. Do it. Great time to visit, as still warm in October, and as long as not going over our Columbus Day weekend, should be low crowds time.

Charade, hehe, cat waking you up. We trained our dogs to not get moving until we were. Yeah, tax time for us, not only income tax, but our local property tax is this month too. I do hold double my withholding from my pay, to cover other not deducted tax income. So far, it’s been okay what we withhold. Not too hard to ask to take out more, I would think.

Ah, car dropped off, and back home. Kids want to do some errands. I would think based on the amount of cars, and people waiting I saw, my car probably won’t be ready until after lunchtime. But they do usually fit it in before closer to their dinner time closing. So, kids should be around to take me to pick it up, rather than DH.

Ah, Most Fabulous Friday wishes to all. Wonderful weekend to be had too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter