Something About Nothing............ #14

Good morning. I’m up earlier than I need to be thanks to the cat. Yesterday started off as a good day until I got a call from our accountant. We need to change our withholding amounts. Later in the day I spent an hour and a half trying to resolve an insurance problem. Today I am off to my other temporary job.

I am really looking forward to the new park, but it will probably be a few years before I go. I don’t want to deal with the initial crowds.

Glad you are feeling better. Hope you can rest this weekend.

I don’t think the lack of working is bothering her so much, but the lack if money is.

We will miss each other again. Are you just going to Universal or will you be at Disney too?

There was a time where I would not go anywhere without my watch. I haven’t worn one in years.

I don’t get that either. My house has often gone from heat to air in the same day. I refuse to be uncomfortable in my own home.

I just hope the writing is better. I have heard that the new companion is only staying for one season.

Good luck with the new job.

Time to get ready for work. I have a feeling it’s going to be a long day.

Absolutely, I do read some folks on different sites mention once it`s spring, no more heating. We don`t live in a country where that is possible, we can have cold days anytime. Crazy to me, we like to be comfortable too.

Hope you have a good day Charade

It is so breezy today!

We got our bits we needed this morning, got my washing out on the line, although chances are it could have blown away! But, all dried nicely as it is warm too.....well, warm-ish for April.

Bought a load of new bath sheets and hand towels, have them soaking in salted water for several hours as my mother always did, it takes the newness out of them and they dry you better, it works. Will get them in the machine later, they are gorgeous, so fluffy!!

Didn`t get much at the garden centre, they have some lovely garden furniture but the corner we want to fill, we didn`t see anything that would suit, will keep looking.

Time for tea :)

This. Morning just flew by

Early this am, had pooch out for first time, sun was shining, temp around freezing. I hear odd faint sound, couldn’t figure it out until i looked into the sunshine…a very fine sleet. That’s a first

he was trying to prevent a disturbance in the force…Male version of feng sui.

Of which I never did quit grasp but, good for those who do. It’s always been more of “can I fit that couch on that wall” taking priority in my homes

Lol spoken like a true nascar fan

I didn’t know u were in Jax area. Every time we fly over it the mr fondly recalls his days there when in the navy. The beaches look amazing. Often tempted to book a last minute cheap short cruise out of there to add onto MCO trip. No idea of actual drive times tho. As in they say from TPA to MCO an hour, HA! Last time leavingSt Pete @ 7am took us over 5 hours due to traffic and 3 dead stops due to accidents.

Saw a thread here recently people are monitoring when the rates are jumping, associating it with opening day sort of thing.

Well, that stinks. Nothing south of the border and the local germs jump you! Be well

Have to laugh, over Easter this subject came up. My boys all related how the monday after graduation, they went out to whatever (menial) job they had lined up to fill the void to pay their bills while trying to get hired into their life’s work. Then, they all turned and looked at me…who me? :).

Rule here was you want to drive one of my cars, you find a part time job & pay for the difference in insurance and your own gas. Mean mom & all. Didn’t need the money, they needed to learn there is no free ride in life.

It’s officially half past a freckle day for you. That drives me nuts. I don’t wear mine unless leaving the house most days.
I was stationed here too but my mom's family was here for a long time as well.
Universal is 2-3 hours depending on traffic.
Tampa 4-5. We have Sunpass to take express lanes and turnpikes if nav ap says there's traffic.
We're moving away from the beaches within a year, fun to visit but too touristy to live.
Going to check out the thread about hotel rates.

not much going on for me today.
I had planned to check in here early this morning but it did not happen.

Been tied up with phone calls.
Playing tag in trying to connect with Mr Mac.

Weather was a tad nippy for me today.
Should be warmer tomorrow.
Hope all are doing well!

not much going on for me today.
I had planned to check in here early this morning but it did not happen.

Been tied up with phone calls.
Playing tag in trying to connect with Mr Mac.

Weather was a tad nippy for me today.
Should be warmer tomorrow.
Hope all are doing well!

My mum is the one we always miss with calls......she says she doesn`t go out much, but she`s never in!!!! Although that is a very good thing, she needs a social secretary at times to keep up with her diary!

Your weather will be glorious before too long!!!

1712388251806.jpeg

I do love having friends who are a bad influence. There we were planning a quiet and cosy night, but ended up in one of our two local pubs for the evening and it was fun!! There were 12 of us and yes, we did indulge, but what a lovely night as it had been a while since the 12 of us had been together. And unplanned nights are the best! I know at least a couple of them might feel a little off this morning......lol

It was a very late night and we were musing over a cup of tea in bed this morning how we used to go out Thursday till Sunday nights every week when we were younger....much younger!!!

Weather is warm-ish but very windy and it`s going to get worse this afternoon and again tomorrow morning, glad we don`t need to go out anywhere. Bacon, toast and poached eggs coming right up once Tom is out the shower and copious amounts of tea for sure. Might not need lunch and I think we`ll get fish and chips from the chippie tonight for dinner.

Lazy-ish day ahead, going to potter around doing little jobs and try and sort another couple of bags to go to the charity shop, there`s always something to get rid of and I have the lady coming who waxes my legs this morning, so that`ll pass some time as we end up chatting more than waxing! Nice lady, I do like her and she is very good at what she does.

Time food and tea, lots of tea!!

i-2P35zV5-S.jpg

cv23-S.jpg

cv24-S.jpg

Eta 8ish. Voodoo or Cinnabon for brekky. Mythos for dinner.
Got a Bubbly bar for 11eses.
Bubble machine and spares as we are meeting up with another 60 yr old bubble aficionado.
Sun is coming up next to a crescent moon.
Have a great day all.

Woot! Live fun reporting from Junkie. Crescent Moon has some nice pastries. Enjoy some IOA fun this morning. Have a fantastic park day.

Ah, that sun is up, and so was DH, as he went to bed way too early last early evening, and hence, no alarm on, yet was up a full two hours before it would have gone off this morning. Sigh. But a long hot shower and some tea was nice in that pre dawn time. And glorious sunrise we had. Though as DH and I sat on our stoop, with winter jackets on. 39 out now. You’d think we’re still in March with these cool morning temperatures. And high temps too. 52 the high, to be felt late in the late afternoon.

And lazy enough day for me. Do have to do an errand, and maybe lunch out. Then will have a nice evening with DH, as kids have a nighttime event to go to in the city.

Hope all are having a super relaxing Saturday, today.

God loves a trier for sure!!!! :rotfl:

Legs all waxed and shiny, spent longer talking about everything under the sun.

One of the gals from last night popped round and stayed for a cuppa, I ended up with her phone last night for some reason, I think I was taking pictures with it, but we think her husband put in my bag thinking it was hers. She has it back now.

Lazy afternoon.....again....seems a popular way to spend a Saturday :rolleyes:

We went through our wardrobes, spare rooms, study and will do the big tv room this afternoon, but we have four large bags of "stuff" for the charity shop, we`ll take them on Monday but we always find plenty every time we plan a clear out. Even managed to get rid of a few sci fi dvd`s I loathe!! Tom might not have noticed them going the bag.....oops!!!

Bi fold doors wide open in the kitchen right now, but think they`ll be closed soon as the wind picks up later, not cold though, it`s very mild which is nice.

Cuppa tea time I think, haven`t needed lunch after the wonderful breakfast my husband made us this morning!!!

Good morning. It’s a good thing I work for therapists because I am probably going to lose my mind. I spent yesterday working for the new therapist. She doesn’t use any billing software. All of her claims are paper and she uses a template to complete the claims. I have been using my own laptop (all the information is on a flash drive, so no patient information is being stored on my computer) but yesterday we discovered that we can’t get my laptop to communicate with her office computer. I emailed her some of the claims so she could print them from her home, but they are printing with a gray shadow behind all of the information. I finally discovered that this form is not Mac compatible. Argh!!! I have already spent 13 hours working on these claims. I’m going to try using B’s Windows laptop today, but if that doesn’t work I am not sure what I am going to do.

Bought a load of new bath sheets and hand towels, have them soaking in salted water for several hours as my mother always did, it takes the newness out of them and they dry you better, it works. Will get them in the machine later, they are gorgeous, so fluffy!!
Interesting. I have never heard of doing that. How much salt do you use? That also reminds me that I need to wash towels today.

Yes, hehe, Mac, 4.8 earthquake in NJ, that made our whole house shake a few minutes a little while ago.
Wow! Thankfully we are too far away.

Voodoo or Cinnabon for brekky
My vote would have been Cinnabon. I wasn’t too impressed with Voodoo when I got them. Maybe they are better first thing in the morning rather than late at night.

I should get up and do something productive. Dh and B are both working today. I have the house to myself fir several hours.

Good morning. It’s a good thing I work for therapists because I am probably going to lose my mind. I spent yesterday working for the new therapist. She doesn’t use any billing software. All of her claims are paper and she uses a template to complete the claims. I have been using my own laptop (all the information is on a flash drive, so no patient information is being stored on my computer) but yesterday we discovered that we can’t get my laptop to communicate with her office computer. I emailed her some of the claims so she could print them from her home, but they are printing with a gray shadow behind all of the information. I finally discovered that this form is not Mac compatible. Argh!!! I have already spent 13 hours working on these claims. I’m going to try using B’s Windows laptop today, but if that doesn’t work I am not sure what I am going to do.

Interesting. I have never heard of doing that. How much salt do you use? That also reminds me that I need to wash towels today.

Wow! Thankfully we are too far away.

My vote would have been Cinnabon. I wasn’t too impressed with Voodoo when I got them. Maybe they are better first thing in the morning rather than late at night.

I should get up and do something productive. Dh and B are both working today. I have the house to myself fir several hours.

Not sure exactly, I fill a large basin with cold water and just pour a load of salt in and let it soak for several hours, but mum would have left them overnight. I washed all the new ones today after doing that and yes, they do feel as though they`ll dry better than new towels usually do.

I heard Cinnabon in Citywalk is closing this month along with a surfer store there too.

Hope your daughter enjoys her new job and good luck with the computer stuff!

Just came back from a run to WM
Thought it would be packed on this Saturday late afternoon.
9 lanes were open but none had more than one shopper in it.

Only needed basics and $100 of cat food.

Oh goodness yes, Saturday afternoons we avoid grocery stores like the plague!! Glad it was quieter than you expected today.

It`s been a lovely Saturday, weather has been hot!!!! If it hadn`t been so wild we could have got the bbq going, but far too windy. 70F was very nice for a change, however tonight the rain is bouncing down and wind is getting back up again.

Enjoyed our chippie fish and chips tonight, very, very filling and gorgeous, absolutely no room for anything else except some wine after several cups of tea. Been watching Dexter from the beginning again on Netflix, forgot how good it was and haven`t seen it since it finished years ago. Another lovely evening with my husband.

No plans to go out tomorrow as weather does not look good, happy to mooch around the house doing little jobs, some cooking, baking and watch the Japanese Grand Prix, once upon a time we would have got up to watch it, but nah, record it and watch it later.

One more episode of Dexter I think before we call it a night.

And a very good Sunday morning from a very, very windy East Coast of the UK. However, the sun is shining and it looks beautiful outside and not cold!!

Couldn`t get to sleep when we went to bed last night despite yawning my head off, came downstairs eventually so I didn`t disturb Tom who was asleep, and stayed down till around 3am, then I got to sleep finally. So we slept a little later this morning, wind doesn`t seem to be as bad as forecast but it`s still nice laying in bed listening to it.

I`ve had my shower and dressed, but sleeping beauty is still out for the count, once he`s out of the shower I`ll get breakfast stuff ready and set the table, Tom makes a lovely breakfast, I set the table and that`s about all I do......SAN about nothing there for sure!!! And another bacon and poached egg day with a croissant I think, might not need lunch again today with that breakfast!!!

Beef for dinner tonight, we do love a Sunday roast with all the trimmings, again if it wasn`t as windy we`d be able to have a bbq dinner as it is warm!! Rain tomorrow probably.

But, have a splendid Sunday.......

cv11-S.jpg

cv30-S.jpg

😁

Yesterday was a total bust. Not only could I not get the claims to print from B’s computer, I couldn’t even open some of the files. I have a feeling that I might be missing an important piece of software. I gave up and spent most of the afternoon cross stitching.

I heard Cinnabon in Citywalk is closing this month along with a surfer store there too.
That’s disappointing to hear. I hope Cinnabon is still there when I go.

Swag for Epic Universe already in the passholder lounge.
I’ll have to stop in and check it out. Do you remember if they had any pins for sale? My dh is a collector.

Woot! Like your countdown Charade. Not far behind you, I think.

Oh my, there’s a huge line at the local donut shop. Little one is waiting. I’m enjoying music in the car. Going up to my sister, and we like this donut place that’s on the way, as their donuts are delicious, and rather large. Oh my, must be a sharing day. Some guy just walked out with four dozen, a box of 6 and a bag of, I assume, their large and delicious breakfast sandwiches. Sweet snacking for us soon.

So bright out, even if those giant puffy white clouds around.

Here comes little one. Yay!

And a happy Sunday to everyone too:)
We just had our birthday party for my daughter in law, with pizza, salad, and for dessert cheesecake and angel food cake. I made the cheesecake from scratch with help from my husband:), and my son made the angel food cake. It's a blustery, cool day out today with much needed rain in the forecast.

Now to catch up:)

Charade: I can't believe the trouble you are having with the new doctor's billing! That is just plain crazy. I admire you for hanging in there and trying to find a solution. YOU really deserve a vacation:)

Schumigirl: I hate when you can't sleep and get up wide awake that early! I hope it doesn't happen often? I have an easy time going to sleep, but find I wake up at 4 am and get up at 5 am, I try to get back to sleep in my recliner,but it doesn't always work. I usually get up due to painful hips and shoulders (arthritis and fibromyalgia). It's just something I have to live with, but it is a pain in the butt!!! No pun intended, LOL.
It sounds like you are having our cool and very windy weather too. However, we need the rain desperately. One of our friends who lives on the lake said he can walk out 40 feet to where there used to be water. Hopefully we get this rain soon. I don't think I've ever watched Dexter - don't know what it is? Is it a comedy? I am starting on the old Indiana Jones Series tonight.

Mac: You are brave to go to walmart on a Sunday afternoon. I avoid that time, and also never on a friday afternoon or definitely not a Saturday. I'm so glad that I am retired and don't have to do shopping on Saturdays:)

I will start packing this week for our trip to Arizona. We leave this Thursday, so I had better get ready, LOL. I am usually very organized when traveling, but not this time. We are driving to Arizona and actually like the trip. We take turns visiting with Roger's sister every other year, and it's always a nice trip and fun to see her again:)

I will try to post on the way but we will see how that goes:)

Have a nice Sunday

ruth

Yesterday was a total bust. Not only could I not get the claims to print from B’s computer, I couldn’t even open some of the files. I have a feeling that I might be missing an important piece of software. I gave up and spent most of the afternoon cross stitching.

That’s disappointing to hear. I hope Cinnabon is still there when I go.

I’ll have to stop in and check it out. Do you remember if they had any pins for sale? My dh is a collector.
I believe I saw pins but not positive. Dragons was prevalent.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter