Something unique to do at DL???

kim3339

DIS Veteran
I am going to DL for the 1/2 marathon Labor Day weekend. My family and I are going into DL on Sunday, no hopper ticket, so no DCA. We go to DL all the time, and know the park like the back of our hands. I am looking for tips from Disney Nerds like me who go all the time, for something different and unique to do that we might not have done before. We've done the Walk in Walt's Footsteps Tour, and have done pretty much everything(or so we think) except for Club 33. We'll be at the park most of the day, getting there about 10am after the race. So I am looking for tips for anything and about anything- rides, eating, experiences. Anything will be appreciated. Thanks!!

You could try and ride the Lilly Belle if you haven't already. :goodvibes

You could try and ride the Lilly Belle if you haven't already. :goodvibes

I got to do this for the first time on our trip last month and it was a very cool experience.

I would like to do the Walk in Walt's footsteps tour once the kids are a little older.

i am a frequent traveler to DL so i ask myself this question everytime, and usually i answer myself with doing things that i rarley do, like canoes, or ride the columbia, the storybook train ride, or the boat ride, i find that when i do the things i rarley do i find a new love for them and the park. Or even go see a show you have not seen in awhile, that is how i fell in love with the aladin show, i would always pass that show up thinking it was dumb or not worth the time, but when i finally watched it, it became a must do every time, i know this next trip this weekend i will try to watch the shows in frontierland, that i have not seen in years.

Great thread idea. I am looking for new ideas on this trip as well.
My plan is to ride the canoes, Columbia, Lilly Belle, watch Laughing Stock, Great Moments w/Mr. Lincoln, and maybe not get completely soaked on Splash Mtn.
I will keep my eyes open for new things that others might post. Good luck on your day!!!

The only thing i can suggest is try a new restaurant if there are any you have not yet tried. Or look for hidden mickey's if you have not tried this either. It's hard to find something new so maybe just go on attractions you dont ride as frequent. Have a fun trip!!!party:

I've seen the Lilly Belle, but have never done it before. Do I just ask the conductors if we can ride it or do I have to make reservations in advance? Thanks for the ideas!!

We love the flag retreat ceremony at the town square!

DH and I like to do a bit of Disneyland "archaeology" - we look for attraction artifacts from long-closed rides or exhibits. Max, Buff and Melvin from the Country Bear Jamboree can be found in the Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh ride, and some of the animals in Splash Mountain were rehabbed from America Sings, or the Star Wars x-wing fighter plane (it's big!) that is up near the ceiling above the escalators in the Starcade building.

We also like to see how things have stayed the same. Daveland has a lot of Disneyland pictures from the 1950's to current. It's neat to see how some things are exactly the same since day ONE.

I've seen the Lilly Belle, but have never done it before. Do I just ask the conductors if we can ride it or do I have to make reservations in advance? Thanks for the ideas!!

You can ask the conductors or inquire at City Hall, but I prefer to do the asking at the Main St. Station. I usually check in with them first thing when they open to see if (a) she'll be out that day and (b) when they would have a time available. They'll work with you to find the time to come back based on how much coverage they have and who is on breaks and whatnot!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter