Somewhat - Disappointed in Disney

sdchickie

Fan of the Mouse!
*****Edited to add... I spoke with guest services today and they rectified the situation, I am still a little concerned that I had to talk to several people in order to get a resolution to this problem.*****I'm on the way back from Hollywood Studios tonight and I really just need to vent. While at the the park today most of the rides I went on, or was supposed to go on, were either down or just came back up and the lightning lane was so backed up. I felt like all I did was walk back and forth between closed rides all day. 4 of the 6 rides I went on were having issues, then after going to guest services I had time for 1 more ride before closing and so I walked all the way back to Rise of the Resistance, I double checked to make sure it was open, but by the time I got back there it was closed again! So 5 of the 7 rides I tried to ride were closed! I have been to Disney Parks many times in the past and have never experienced a day like today. I stopped in guest services and asked if I could get a do over day added on to my pass or a discount on an additional day and all they could give me is a couple lightening lane passes which clearly have no value in this park today. This experience has really left a bad impression of the way the parks are headed. Does anyone else feel the same way? Or has anyone else had most of their rides closed when they got there lately? Are the rides breaking down all the time or do I just have really bad luck?

Last edited:
We had a total of 3 malfunctioned rides during 6 trips between 05/2022 to 09/2023. They were Remy, Runaway train, and Buzz Lightyear. For some reason we always had a smooth experience with ROTR.

I think what you should do is call Disney Hollywood Studios and ask to speak to the manager and tell the manager your experience because you should've asked for your money back. Because how can popular rides have so many breakdowns all at once is weird and odd? And what Disney Hollywood Studios should do is put up a list of rides that aren't in operation that day so people will know what rides to avoid and people who have Lightning Lanes or Genie+ rides listed that aren't working in their queue will get a Disney gift card as a consolation prize. If you do plan to return to Disney Hollywood Studios you should call the park before you go and ask "Excuse Me What Rides Are Operating Today?" and you'll get a smart answer
Hope you get to talk to Disney Hollywood Studios soon and best of luck SDChickie
Dodger

The rides weren't down the whole day, it was just almost every ride I went on was either down at that time or just coming back from being down. There were only 2 rides the whole day that weren't having issues when I went to them, Alien Saucers (which I really didn't care about riding it was just next to the Slinky Dog Dash) and one of my rides on the Runaway Railway. Every single other ride I went to that day had issues. I only asked for a half day ticket or even a discount if I was to purchase another day so I could leave Disney on a positive note. Guest services was so unaccommodating.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter