Sorcerer pass wirh no blue card?

To give everyone an update, I tried activating my passes today, and it seems the loophole is now closed. The annual pass system is linked to the DVC system after an update sometime in the last day or two, according to the cast member.

I was at Disney Springs and neither the ticket center or guest services was able to activate my pass, getting an “ineligible DVC number” error. So they were unable to activate my Sorceror’s pass purchased with a white card. Fortunately, the very helpful guest services representative upgraded me to the incredi-pass at no extra cost since they were unable to activate my card. :)
Wow!! Congratulations on your pixie dust!! While this is not likely to stick for everyone, I can see it being the answer guest services comes up with until these white card vouchers are all activated. Most guest services employees are not going to want to be the one to tell a family of 4 they need to pay $1600 more. While most white card DVC owners are aware that it was luck that they got the sorcerers pass, I would bet there are a few out there that have no idea they weren’t supposed to get that pass. We run into other DVC owners often on vacations and I’m surprised at how much so many owners don’t know.

Wow!! Congratulations on your pixie dust!! While this is not likely to stick for everyone, I can see it being the answer guest services comes up with until these white card vouchers are all activated. Most guest services employees are not going to want to be the one to tell a family of 4 they need to pay $1600 more. While most white card DVC owners are aware that it was luck that they got the sorcerers pass, I would bet there are a few out there that have no idea they weren’t supposed to get that pass. We run into other DVC owners often on vacations and I’m surprised at how much so many owners don’t know.

I think it’s more likely that most will be offered a refund once this is confirmed that the system won’t allow it.

We have about a week left and Sorcerer goes into block out dates so I bet there are not a ton who would be attempting the activation now anyway.

I hope we get more real time reports soon!

I think it’s more likely that most will be offered a refund once this is confirmed that the system won’t allow it.

We have about a week left and Sorcerer goes into block out dates so I bet there are not a ton who would be attempting the activation now anyway.

I hope we get more real time reports soon!
I hope that at minimum they’ll be offered the choice between a refund and paying for the Incredipass. I actually hope more that they’ll be given the Incredipass at no additional charge, as ms0101 was, because it was Disney Ticketing who sold them the Sorcerer certificates in the first place. Let Ticketing and DVC fight it out internally. It sounds like sales of Sorcerer passes to white card holders won’t continue going forward.

To give everyone an update, I tried activating my passes today, and it seems the loophole is now closed. The annual pass system is linked to the DVC system after an update sometime in the last day or two, according to the cast member.

I was at Disney Springs and neither the ticket center or guest services was able to activate my pass, getting an “ineligible DVC number” error. So they were unable to activate my Sorceror’s pass purchased with a white card. Fortunately, the very helpful guest services representative upgraded me to the incredi-pass at no extra cost since they were unable to activate my card. :)

Congratulations. It’s unfortunate that the new system blocks current vouchers holders. What a pain. I wonder if this is one of the reasons new APs were temporarily shut down.

I hope that at minimum they’ll be offered the choice between a refund and paying for the Incredipass. I actually hope more that they’ll be given the Incredipass at no additional charge, as ms0101 was, because it was Disney Ticketing who sold them the Sorcerer certificates in the first place. Let Ticketing and DVC fight it out internally. It sounds like sales of Sorcerer passes to white card holders won’t continue going forward.

I agree, and also blame MS. They, of all people, should’ve known better then to facilitate the sale of DVC passes. I hope they all get upgraded.

I wonder if this is one of the reasons new APs were temporarily shut down.
I doubt it---it seems like the most likely reason on both coasts was simply exhausted capacity during the Thanksgiving->New Years period. This is probably in the noise, comparatively.

I really hope they do not give all those people what amounts to a discounted pass. I think that will make a lot of other people upset.

I bet the majority who did buy them knew they were not supposed to be allowed but read stories it was being done so why not try. I probably would have too..but if it didn’t work I certainly would not expect them ti do anything for me.

I know of people who have tried with the FL pass and tickets and they were always denied because they were not eligible.

Congratulations. It’s unfortunate that the new system blocks current vouchers holders. What a pain. I wonder if this is one of the reasons new APs were temporarily shut down.

I agree, and also blame MS. They, of all people, should’ve known better then to facilitate the sale of DVC passes. I hope they all get upgraded.

Actually, the majority of tHe people who called MS were denied. It was ticketing and CM in person who more routinely did it.

Actually, the majority of tHe people who called MS were denied. It was ticketing and CM in person who more routinely did it.

^^^^This. I feel like the the white card owners who bought in person or called ticketing and ticketing didnt confer with DVC MS were the ones that were able to get a sorcerer pass.

I feel like a refund or upgrade to incredipass will be what they can offer, but I won't be surprised if a few more get an incredipass out of it.

There are several folks that had Gold passes and reservations during Thanksgiving, which works fine. And when Disney switched the Gold to Sorcerer, they had to buy tickets. None of them talked about being upgraded to Incredipass or being comp'ed ticket for Thanksgiving. It is just the inconsistency that bothers me most.

Reactions: cm8
I really hope they do not give all those people what amounts to a discounted pass. I think that will make a lot of other people upset.

Yeah, I can see where "Hey, first we let you buy a Sorcerer Pass that you weren't entitled to, and now we're going to give you a free upgrade to an even better Incredi-Pass to-boot, so you're even better off than the folks who ARE entitled to the Sorcerer" could go sideways with more than a few people.

It just smells like someone getting steamed at the IRS for auditing them, because their employer allowed them to submit a W4 claiming 12 dependents without following them home and counting their kids, and "Hey. I'm not a CPA".

There are several folks that had Gold passes and reservations during Thanksgiving, which works fine. And when Disney switched the Gold to Sorcerer, they had to buy tickets. None of them talked about being upgraded to Incredipass or being comp'ed ticket for Thanksgiving. It is just the inconsistency that bothers me most.
There were also reports from people whose Gold AP vouchers were activated as Sorcerer APs and were given hopper tickets for the blocked out Thanksgiving days, after they showed GR that they had resort reservations and park reservations for those dates booked before the new APs were announced. So they were made whole.

Reactions: cm8
There were also reports from people whose Gold AP vouchers were activated as Sorcerer APs and were given hopper tickets for the blocked out Thanksgiving days, after they showed GR that they had resort reservations and park reservations for those dates booked before the new APs were announced. So they were made whole.

I think that is different though because when people purchased the Gold pass voucher, Disney had already released block out dates. So, giving people relief in that case did make sense.

Certainly different than this as the rules have always stated to activate the pass you must have a valid membership card. So the terms and conditions under which people bought the voucher are still the same.

I think that is different though because when people purchased the Gold pass voucher, Disney had already released block out dates. So, giving people relief in that case did make sense.

Certainly different than this as the rules have always stated to activate the pass you must have a valid membership card. So the terms and conditions under which people bought the voucher are still the same.
I was replying to the post that said people who bought Gold and were given Sorcerer had to buy tickets for Thanksgiving and that none were comped tickets for Thanksgiving, which is not true. Some were indeed comped tickets to cover Thanksgiving.

I was replying to the post that said people who bought Gold and were given Sorcerer had to buy tickets for Thanksgiving and that none were comped tickets for Thanksgiving, which is not true. Some were indeed comped tickets to cover Thanksgiving.
While some may have gotten comp'ed Thanksgiving week, others weren't. (per posts) Which even further supports my frustration with inconsistencies. Define the rules, enforce the rules. Disney seems to do both of those poorly.

I called several times after the Gold Pass to Sorcerers Pass thing was announced. I got several different answers from, "You have a Gold Pass, you're good to go" to "You need to buy extra days" depending upon which CM I talked to.. I finally got through to AP Guest Recovery, who saw when I purchased my pass earlier in 2021 through Guest Recovery, and where I had made my park reservation days immediately after that. They added a comp two day park hopper to my account to cover the missing days during Thanksgiving, and had me check my MDE account while they were on the phone to be sure it was there. Of course, I was on the phone like 8 hours overall through all those calls until I got the right person. There were some untrained CMs on the phone lines then, to be sure. One even said I could NOT have purchased a Gold Voucher in 2021, because they weren't selling them. I told her I did buy it that year, through Guest Recovery. She had no idea what Guest Recovery is. A few didn't even know the difference between a pass and a voucher, and that it had to be activated in person. Yikes!

I'm sure the key to the comp was persistence, calling far in advance of the trip as soon as the change was announced, and not trying to deal with it in person at Guest Services. Also I was the only one in my party with the issue, everyone else was not DVC. Some had Military tickets and some just regular 5 day tickets.

Traveling during Thanksgiving was certainly not my first choice, but that is when everyone else in the party wanted to go...they know better now, and said they won't do a a holiday again, and would pull the kiddos out of school for a week, if necessary.

Last edited:

Oh.. got it..what I get for reading too fast!! Thanks for setting me straight!!! Lol

While some may have gotten comp'ed Thanksgiving week, others weren't. (per posts) Which even further supports my frustration with inconsistencies. Define the rules, enforce the rules. Disney seems to do both of those poorly.

Thar is what has been very frustrating with all of this. It should never be CM dependent to decide as it has been since sales started again and before being paused

I do hope that this new validation will be what is needed for the rules to be enforced correctly.

If DPEP wants to sell a Sorcerer to everyone, then tell DVC that and they can change the rules on the website.

If it is approved by DPEP to be a membership perk, then make sure all the CMs in ticketing who work for them have that information to enforce the agreement with DVC.

I think it all boiled to the fact that they were very short handed, made the changes very abruptly, had a lot of new, undertrained people on the phone lines, classic Disney lack of communication of policies to staff, and that they were just generally overwhelmed by the COVID situation and how to manage it in the parks, while getting them re-opened.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter