Sorcerer pass wirh no blue card?

I am a "blue card" holder. While I think Disney should enforce the stated rules, once they were issuing vouchers, the current action of waiting until folks show up to activate to "drop the bomb on them" is wrong. As I said before, I believe it is morally wrong, and possibly even violates financial principals. If they intend not to honor what they have sold, and accepted 100% of payment for, then they should be reaching out to everyone, explaining they made an error, and refunding the money. When it comes to financial practices, I do not know, but suspect they have recorded to income and have an associated a future accrued liability against the sale. They can reserve a "cancellation" account against these holders. In this case, did they use a historical cancellation rate (which I don't think they actually allow), or did they increase the reserve to 100% of the white card holders? They should have. If they didn't, they are, "with knowledge", under reserving against cancellations. Or in other words, reflecting income and holding cash they know are invalid, and knowingly under reserving against cancellations. The alternative is they know they are going to cancel all of these AP's and properly reserving against the cancellations. So, they are not doing a questionable financial practice, but they are doing a questionable (not in my opinion - it is wrong in my opinion) customer service practice. They are A - holding your money interest free until you go to activate, and B - putting you in a bad position by having you "over a barrel" at the park entrance without a ticket.

It is totally on the guest and not Disney. people were trying to cheat the system and some got away with it. Some got a better deal (free upgrade to Incredipass) and some will get the option to renew for more $ to incredipass. And some may be left with a refund and no pass.

I would bet that 99.99% of the people with white cards who bought the Sorcerer voucher KNEW that they were not within their rights as resale owners To buy that pass.

So, now they are a bunch of people who are upset because they are not allowed to activate the pass.

Why? It is their fault. They are always talking about how much they saved buying resale, don’t need the blue card because they won’t ever make up the money difference, etc. But, they get denied and now are upset. You can’t have it both ways.
(well, some did but will you be able to renew next year?)
When I called, I specifically told the CM that I was a white card member, and they still sold me my pass. The same thing happened when I purchased my husbands pass. So no, I did not know I was not eligible. I knew DVC didn’t want me to be eligible, but ticketing thought otherwise.
At this point, I think they should allow anyone with a voucher and white card to activate their pass, but stop selling them.
And before you say I only feel this way because I’m a white card member, I recently added on direct, so I have the blue card, but that doesn’t change how I feel.

When I called, I specifically told the CM that I was a white card member, and they still sold me my pass. The same thing happened when I purchased my husbands pass. So no, I did not know I was not eligible. I knew DVC didn’t want me to be eligible, but ticketing thought otherwise.
At this point, I think they should allow anyone with a voucher and white card to activate their pass, but stop selling them.
And before you say I only feel this way because I’m a white card member, I recently added on direct, so I have the blue card, but that doesn’t change how I feel.
Would you feel the same as a blue card holder who can’t buy a socerer pass knowing white card holders have?

Is it at all possible to buy one with no intention to activate it? IE buy it for someone else or for a different situation? If there's a situation where I could buy it, but not activate it, but a family member, or whatnot could, I can understand selling it to me.

Yes Disney stopped selling passes so those with tickets over dec couldn’t upgrade. But I also believe a large number of annual passes were sold thereby forcing Disney to stop selling over dec. there was more than one force at play to move the needle on halting sales

i maintain Disney may not have needed to stop selling passes had fewer passes been sold at the beginning and a decent number of passes were sold to white cards illegitimately

im very much in favor of the sneetches model when it comes to those with stars and without. White card holders should have fewer benefits and privileges

Yes Disney stopped selling passes so those with tickets over dec couldn’t upgrade. But I also believe a large number of annual passes were sold thereby forcing Disney to stop selling over dec. there was more than one force at play to move the needle on halting sales

i maintain Disney may not have needed to stop selling passes had fewer passes been sold at the beginning and a decent number of passes were sold to white cards illegitimately

im very much in favor of the sneetches model when it comes to those with stars and without. White card holders should have fewer benefits and privileges
The question is: What percentage of white card members would not have purchased any AP at all if not for the Sorcerer’s Pass glitch?

Interesting to know this loophole is finally shut.

I understand people are going to be upset (especially those who didnt know they were not eligible).

They likely are in a compliance bind and unable to activate the passes. They could have possibly offered a upgrade to the higher tier pass but run the risk of others being upset. The best outcome likely would be offering a discount on the upgrade like 50% off the price difference.

I just wonder if there is any ability for Disney to be proactive in this and find anyone with a voucher on their account that is not a blue card member. They should be able to then reach out prior to any trip and inform those individuals that only blue card owners are allowed to redeem the voucher and provide them with the options regarding refund or upgrade.

Im in a unique situation where I can provide feedback if thats 100% true or not in February. My 3 family members renew in June and I renew in December. We all were "forced" to get the DVC discounted sorcerers pass this summer when we "reactivated". My family activated theirs back in June while we were on a WDW trip. I have been sold a blue card sorcerers pass but still have to pick it up. All thing being correct they should deny me then and ask me to pay the difference(about $200 I think). I'll let you guys know.

Is it at all possible to buy one with no intention to activate it? IE buy it for someone else or for a different situation? If there's a situation where I could buy it, but not activate it, but a family member, or whatnot could, I can understand selling it to me.

Yes, I can buy the voucher and attach it to anyone in my Friends and Family list. That is how we got it for my DDs boyfriend who lives with her as she is also an owner,

But, in order to activate it, he had to show proof he was eligible. It’s the same with FL resident tickets, Anyone can get them but to use you have to show proof when you get there.

So it appears that the Disney ticketing system is set up in a way that people can buy any of the special tickets but they leave the verification process to GR at the parks.

As I stated, you don’t buy the pass…you buy a voucher to be converted to a pass at the park using a valid ID and valid card, Even white card holders who were able to activate the pass before the loophole closed were required to show both ID and the DVC white card.

Now it appears that the system may be set up that it will show up if you are eligible and that a card won’t be needed, I think we will know this weekend when the new digital cards show up online for blue card owners and whether or not white card owners still have one and if they do, whether or not it says anything about not being eligible for discounts.

Last edited:

The stoppage of passes was for everyone and I don’t think the sorcerer passes sold is what impacted this because they were blocked out for a lot of the days anyway.

They had to limit so those with the Increitpass had the opportunity to use as those were stopped too.

In the end, it’s simply that DPEP allowed all DVC owners to activate until recently and that division is now enforcing the official terms and conditions that existed all along.

Okay. Not arguing and if you bought resale DVC and did not research it and was not aware of the blue card benefits then I guess it is possible.

I don’t care who buys the passes. No skin off my back. However, I do find it difficult
To believe that resale buyers have not done their research when they purchased and a CM offered to sell them a pass that is available to FL residents and Direct purchase DVC members.

and it is not that DVC does not “want” you to be eligible.

If you got one and activated it- great!

The one exception I’ll take to this, in my wife’s case, is the the characterization that she “tried to cheat.” In her situation, she was on the phone with a CM, offered the chance to buy the Sorcerer’s Pass, and she took it. Trust me: My wife does NOT pay attention to the Member Benefits details or the descriptions of the different AP’s. That’s why she calls and talks to a CM. When she got off the phone and told me what she had bought, I said that she isn’t supposed to be able to buy that pass. At that point, should she call Disney back, sit on hold for hours, and tell them they made a mistake? When I draw the Monopoly “Bank error in your favor,” I take the $50.
While I feel sorry for your wife to have to go through this mess, it looked like you warned her ahead of time since you knew the rules and that she didn’t qualify. So it wasn’t like a total surprise to her that this happened. I probably would have showed up too taking the chance it might go smoothly and save $$$, but also then prepare to pony up for the Incredipass or buy day tickets if it gets flagged. I can tell you it was a pain to get my current DVC Gold pass and they had to verify my membership every step of the way before selling it. It sounded like for Sorcerer there weren’t so many checks along the way but they all did say need to be activated at GS in person to show blue card and ID. Anyway, sucks this happened to your wife and hopefully they train their CMs better so this doesn’t continue to happen to others.

Has anyone had any luck being a white card member who currently has a platinum pass, been able to renew to a sorcerer pass?

Thanks

Has anyone had any luck being a white card member who currently has a platinum pass, been able to renew to a sorcerer pass?

Thanks

No reports of this. Based on current reports, my guess is you won't be able to. Only option would be incredipass unless you are a FL resident.

Any more reports out there of people not being able to activate their Sorcerer Pass with a white card? Its been quiet so maybe no one is left lingering. I was really hoping AP sales would be back before the end of our Jan trip, but no luck. Looks like we are passing on an AP this year and will be cutting the park days to much less on our next one.

Any guesses on what’s going to happen with renewals of Sorcerer Passes for white card members? I’m one of those white card holders who was able to get a Sorcerer Pass back in November…but I’m curious if there’s any chance that I’ll be able to renew it in November 2022.

Any guesses on what’s going to happen with renewals of Sorcerer Passes for white card members? I’m one of those white card holders who was able to get a Sorcerer Pass back in November…but I’m curious if there’s any chance that I’ll be able to renew it in November 2022.

No solid info, but my guess is you will be forced into an Incredipass unless you are a FL resident or opt to not renew.

I've guessing here, because no one knows for certain, but you will probably only be able to renew to the Incredi-pass (highest tier).

Any more reports out there of people not being able to activate their Sorcerer Pass with a white card? Its been quiet so maybe no one is left lingering. I was really hoping AP sales would be back before the end of our Jan trip, but no luck. Looks like we are passing on an AP this year and will be cutting the park days to much less on our next one.
My last update as a white card member is I was able to activate my kids sorcerer passes in mid December with no issue.

we’ll see how it goes for renewal…by that point we may sell our resale for one contract and buy direct to avoid all the hassle and scarlet letter of being white card members 😆

I can tell you that when I renewed in January, the CM told me that the system will not allow you to activate a pass without the correct card.

When I was at GR in February dealing with a different issue, there was someone at the desk being denied…

From what I could hear…yes, I was eves-dropping, they bought tickets With the value and given the refund for the difference. This was at HS.

I got the sense they expected it because they were not upset…lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter