Sorry made a mistake - MGM to Epcot

Elke

Mouseketeer
Sorry about that, I needed to go from MGM to Epcot World Showcase. The answer I received previously stated if in World Showcase take boat. Would that mean that if I am in MGM I can take a boat directly to World Showcase. That would be perfect.

Sorry for the mistake but really need to know.

Thanks again.

Elke

Yes,

You can take the boat. You will have a couple of stops along the way at the Yacht & Beach Club, Boardwalk, and Swan/Dolphin before reaching your final destination.. The total trip will be about 20 - 30 minutes tops

You can also walk from MGM to EPCOT WS (you enter through the International Gateway).

Depending on if there is a boat waiting, it may be faster to walk although it is a pretty long walk. If you walk, you can go via the Boardwalk where the ESPN Zone is. It is very nice to get a cool drink during your walk!

Last month I timed several boat and bus trips. The boat from MGM to the International Gateway at EPCOT took 24 minutes. This was from dock to dock. This did not count waiting for the boat or loading and unloading. This included the stops on the trip.

The walk takes about the same amount of time. Sometimes, if you catch it just right you can catch the boat when you get to the Boardwalk or alternately you could ride the boat from MGM to the Swan/Dolphin and walk the rest of the way. That's a nice trip. Walk halfway and ride halfway.
:)

I've measured several paths at WDW using my GPS receiver and posted the results here on the DIS.

The walk from MGM to Epcot's International Gateway is just a hair over a mile long. I actually measured the distances as part of DVC resort walks, but just add the walks from MGM to Boardwalk and the walk from Boardwalk to Epcot and you're just a little over a mile.

Here's a link if you want to get to any of the pathways posts:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=160187

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter