Sorry, the room you selected is no longer available for the dates you requested.

I have been trying to drop a night on my trip, but it said that the dates are unavailable. I am going to try and call today!

I have been trying to drop a night on my trip, but it said that the dates are unavailable. I am going to try and call today!

I've seen at least two people mention this now and it is the most interesting to me. It indicates that there is some more significant problem behind the scenes than just not showing availability to the users properly. I mean, you already have it booked -- and you are trying to remove a day -- so, clearly, the availability is there. But it seems to be confused about it.

So, there is clearly a bigger problem than just not updating the inventory that we see properly.

ended up being on hold for 29 minutes, my room was available and had no issues booking. I asked about the issue and was told they are having some system issues they are already aware of but she had no details or info on when it will be fixed or why it’s only some.

Unfortunately the timing is what makes it so bad, with all the points many have banked the demand is through the roof, so the system not working and super long wait times makes it double frustrating!

So, that is another case where it actually WAS available. It's interesting that it isn't just a matter of "it shows available online, but it really isn't" all of the time. For some, it shows availability and it really is -- you just have to call to book it. For others, it shows availability but it really isn't -- you call and they say that at least one of the days is simply not available. And, for others, they can't even remove a day from an existing reservation because it doesn't know to use their own reservation for the days to keep.

Pretty messed up. Hopefully not database corruption or something. But it is more than just a "display" issue where we see the wrong thing.

It seems like they should get this part fixed ASAP or else bump up the downtime they planned in 3 weeks. Having this go on and on for that long is pretty unacceptable.

The issue is not only regarding showing availability for rooms that are really not available.

When I go to modify my room, it shows available until my final selection. This is for 11+ months at my home resort. When I call MS they do not show any issues with the modification, the issue is only on the DVC website

I can't even modify to shorten my reservation without getting the error! Doesn't make any sense that a room wouldn't be available when I'm requesting LESS than I already have booked.

I can't even modify to shorten my reservation without getting the error! Doesn't make any sense that a room wouldn't be available when I'm requesting LESS than I already have booked.

same for me

I think you guys jinxed me! I was happily making modifications to my reservations with no issues until I read this thread. Now, I’ve seen this error multiple times!

Still not working for me either. I had a 3 night trip for September I wanted to shorten to 2 nights. Wouldn’t let me. I stupidly thought I will just cancel it and rebook the 2 nights to get around the issue (risky I know but not 100% sold on staying at this resort anyway) and of course it’s showing but won’t let me book it.
Thankfully I was able to get the 1 night at the 7 month window for January booked. That’s about the only thing I’ve been able to do with the website for the last 5 days. I’ve tried multiple times per day, different dates, different memberships and I keep getting the error. This is getting old.

I too have been unable to drop a day on a current reservation- getting the "room unavailable message".

If this is what they are fixing in Mid-July- then WHY is it taking them so long to get around to fixing it???? I have been a DVC member for 16 years - and don't ever remember a 3-day shutdown of the system (PLUS 2 days at MS) (although to be fair, it might have happened and I didn't notice because it didn't affect me).

Maybe they are switching to a new (hopefully better) IT company to run this system- we all know it's been crap for years.

I do Know I WILL be taking screen shots of all my reservations before the system goes down, because I just don't trust Disney IT anymore.

I don't think this is what they had planned to fix in July. The July downtime was announced BEFORE this glitch existed (or, at least, before it was popular like now). I think it is completely unrelated to the planned downtime in July.

I don't think this is what they had planned to fix in July. The July downtime was announced BEFORE this glitch existed (or, at least, before it was popular like now). I think it is completely unrelated to the planned downtime in July.

Yes. This just started in the past week. The only thing I can think of is something was being tested behind the scenes and it mess things up.

It leads me to think that part of the update will be to stop rooms from being booked before a waitlist search is done.

Crazy, but today the dining site has been down all morning. Tomorrow is my 60 day window. I only want a couple and nothing hard to get thank goodness.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter