Southern California and Disneyland Adventure

Can’t speak to Lowe’s, but in the Grand Cal regular hotel rooms, the refrigerators do not have freezers.
Thanks for the info. I’ll have to bring the instant ones. We’ll be there in a couple of weeks, so I’m trying to get this all planned out now.

Do you know pls if post trip nights at DGC have a discount?
Yes they do, or at least they did when we booked them. We booked 4 post nights at the GC and we had a regular reservation on hold while we were waiting to hear back from ABD for the additional nights as they typically only allow you to book two and the difference was about $150 per night. We have 2 pre nights at the Loews as well, this is for the November 2024 Adults only.

We leave this Friday for our trip. We have two pre-nights, and then begin our trip on Sunday. So excited!

With the airport pick up, will the driver call about where to meet them?

We leave this Friday for our trip. We have two pre-nights, and then begin our trip on Sunday. So excited!

Make sure ABD has your mobile phone number. For us, we received text updates from our driver, starting when we turned on our phones when we landed. We also had text updates for our drive back to the airport after the trip.

Have fun! What did you for your pre-days around LA?

On the last full day of the trip, I understand we meet early and then break for lunch and the afternoon on our own. At what time are the morning activities over? Unfortunately, my son has interviews that day related to an internship he’s doing in the spring. He has interviews starting around 11:00-11:15. I assume he‘d have to leave the group early to make it back to GCH where he can do the Zoom interviews. Just wondering how much he might miss. Thx.

On the last full day of the trip, I understand we meet early and then break for lunch and the afternoon on our own. At what time are the morning activities over? Unfortunately, my son has interviews that day related to an internship he’s doing in the spring. He has interviews starting around 11:00-11:15. I assume he‘d have to leave the group early to make it back to GCH where he can do the Zoom interviews. Just wondering how much he might miss. Thx.
I think we meet at 8:30, breakfast starts at 9, and it's a buffet, so you can take as much or as little time as you'd like.

I think we meet at 8:30, breakfast starts at 9, and it's a buffet, so you can take as much or as little time as you'd like.
Is that one the last day when the trip ends at breakfast, or the day before? It’s the day before that‘s the issue.

Is that one the last day when the trip ends at breakfast, or the day before? It’s the day before that‘s the issue.
Oh I see. The last full day, you finish between 10 and 11, depending on what experiences are available that trip. He shouldn't miss too much if he leaves at 10:30.

We’re thinking of going to Universal Studios the morning of Day 1. We know we couldn’t stay there all day as we would need to back for dinner, but for those that have done the trip what time would we need to be back for? Or would you recommend not doing Universal Studios at all.

We’re thinking of going to Universal Studios the morning of Day 1. We know we couldn’t stay there all day as we would need to back for dinner, but for those that have done the trip what time would we need to be back for? Or would you recommend not doing Universal Studios at all.
One trip it was 6:30, the other was 5:30. You can definitely do Universal that morning. If you really want to ride the new Mario Kart ride, I also recommend getting early entry to Nintendo World.

One trip it was 6:30, the other was 5:30. You can definitely do Universal that morning. If you really want to ride the new Mario Kart ride, I also recommend getting early entry to Nintendo World.
Great, thank you!
First time in LA so we really wanted to try and squeeze a visit in. Especially as we won’t have time at the end of the trip.

Hey all, can anyone report on using Magic Bands while on this trip? I know that they have installed some touch points at Disneyland, but not sure what level. Would they be able to put our tickets on our Magic Bands? We have a lot of MB+ and MB2s lying around the house we'd love to bring along if there's actually any value.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter