Southern California and Disneyland Adventure

Do we receive any further paperwork before the trip? I heard that ABD used to send out a box with a few travel items beforehand. Does anyone know if they are still doing that? If so, has anyone received theirs?
I am on the April 5th Short Escape which is the first trip going. I haven't received anything yet. I did hear that ABD will call or email us to confirm the trips are going before they send anything.

Do we receive any further paperwork before the trip? I heard that ABD used to send out a box with a few travel items beforehand. Does anyone know if they are still doing that? If so, has anyone received theirs?
Some of the people who have gone this year so far have reported getting a box (including the pins, which they aren't giving out during the trips to reduce direct contact). I *think* the pins may be sent separately.
I am scheduled to go on the April 10th trip. I called ABD yesterday to see if they could confirm if the trip is going. The gal put me on hold to check with a manager. All she could say was that as of now the trip is going but they will let us know if there are any changes. They still would not confirm for certain. I asked if the trip would be confirmed one way or another at some point. She said yes. I asked when that would happen as my trip is 4 weeks away and the trip before mine is 3 weeks away (I have been speaking with someone on that earlier trip and I know it has not been confirmed yet either.) She said that she does not know when but that we will receive an email or phone call confirming the trip one way or another. I let her know that it is very difficult and frustrating to not have confirmation this close to the trip. I asked for an email to let management know and she said that she would let them know and would not give me an email. I was thinking that it was a good sign that it hasn’t been cancelled yet. But the more I think about it, someone in that company knows if this trip is going or not. If it’s going, why would they wait so long to confirm it with us? How does that benefit them? Or will they cancel the trip and are just holding on to our money as long as possible? I don’t know why I am even trying to understand this insanity. I keep telling myself to chill out, it’s out of my control, but it’s still frustrating none the less.
There may be an element they are just not 100% sure of, and of course, they don't want to confirm and then have to cancel because something changes. I don't know that I agree with that philosophy, and I may be totally wrong. I can't imagine how totally frustrating it is at this point!

Sayhello

Some of the people who have gone this year so far have reported getting a box (including the pins, which they aren't giving out during the trips to reduce direct contact). I *think* the pins may be sent separately.
There may be an element they are just not 100% sure of, and of course, they don't want to confirm and then have to cancel because something changes. I don't know that I agree with that philosophy, and I may be totally wrong. I can't imagine how totally frustrating it is at this point!

Sayhello
I am wondering if they aren’t quite ready for April if they are just bringing people back to work in the building now. I also wonder if they prefer to wait until after April 22nd when world of color, the parade, and the fireworks are back to give guests the full experience. I would just think that a decision should be made this close to the adventures. We shall all find out soon I hope!

I am wondering if they aren’t quite ready for April if they are just bringing people back to work in the building now. I also wonder if they prefer to wait until after April 22nd when world of color, the parade, and the fireworks are back to give guests the full experience. I would just think that a decision should be made this close to the adventures. We shall all find out soon I hope!
I agree. A decision would really be a good thing.

Sayhello

I am scheduled to go on the April 10th trip. I called ABD yesterday to see if they could confirm if the trip is going. The gal put me on hold to check with a manager. All she could say was that as of now the trip is going but they will let us know if there are any changes. They still would not confirm for certain. I asked if the trip would be confirmed one way or another at some point. She said yes. I asked when that would happen as my trip is 4 weeks away and the trip before mine is 3 weeks away (I have been speaking with someone on that earlier trip and I know it has not been confirmed yet either.) She said that she does not know when but that we will receive an email or phone call confirming the trip one way or another. I let her know that it is very difficult and frustrating to not have confirmation this close to the trip. I asked for an email to let management know and she said that she would let them know and would not give me an email. I was thinking that it was a good sign that it hasn’t been cancelled yet. But the more I think about it, someone in that company knows if this trip is going or not. If it’s going, why would they wait so long to confirm it with us? How does that benefit them? Or will they cancel the trip and are just holding on to our money as long as possible? I don’t know why I am even trying to understand this insanity. I keep telling myself to chill out, it’s out of my control, but it’s still frustrating none the less.

This is so frustrating, I’m sorry this is happening to everyone. With my May trip, my feeling is that it’s going to be disappointing if its cancelled, but if they’re cancelling then just CANCEL already. This wishy washy back and forth isn’t helping anyone. I know they want to do them but at this point, they should know if a first week of April trip is happening. Ugh.

The lack of communication in general is just poor customer service on their part. It's so frustrating when they expect us to be paid in full so far out, but then they cancel these trips with such short notice. Most of us have flights and backup travel arrangements that are up in the air. We've already cancelled our Pacific Coast cruise on the Wonder that was to follow this trip when we reached the PIF mark on that as we felt this trip would not be a go. We bit the bullet recently on flights as they were getting too expensive to wait on. I honestly think that if they don't have an answer by the 45 day mark, they should just be cancelling these trips, or allowing us the option of cancelling with a refund. Trying to re-arrange travel plans after that point gets too difficult and expensive.

The lack of communication in general is just poor customer service on their part. It's so frustrating when they expect us to be paid in full so far out, but then they cancel these trips with such short notice. Most of us have flights and backup travel arrangements that are up in the air. We've already cancelled our Pacific Coast cruise on the Wonder that was to follow this trip when we reached the PIF mark on that as we felt this trip would not be a go. We bit the bullet recently on flights as they were getting too expensive to wait on. I honestly think that if they don't have an answer by the 45 day mark, they should just be cancelling these trips, or allowing us the option of cancelling with a refund. Trying to re-arrange travel plans after that point gets too difficult and expensive.
You are spot on. It is so disappointing to experience such terrible customer service from Disney. It just seems so unnecessary as well.

I received my box today for the April 5 short escape. Actually two boxes. One box contained the pins, the other box contained the backpack, luggage tags, luggage strap and duffel bag.

Oh!! That feels like such good news - I’ll be keeping everything crossed that that means it’s good to go.

*Just in case,* I went ahead and booked some ADRs in the parks for during the ABD escape just in case it's cancelled, and I figure we can get park hoppers to just make it a DL trip. i don't know, i sure hope the ABD is not cancelled.

I saw in another group that someone who is booked for the April 5th trip received an email today that they have replaced the tours of the archives and Imagineering with a generic movie museum. Someone else said they are still offering the shopping stop at the studios. This is so disappointing. The two tours are the reason we signed up for this trip.

I saw in another group that someone who is booked for the April 5th trip received an email today that they have replaced the tours of the archives and Imagineering with a generic movie museum. Someone else said they are still offering the shopping stop at the studios. This is so disappointing. The two tours are the reason we signed up for this trip.

I admit I would also be bummed... if you call would they be willing to let you cancel for a full refund or at least move it out further (in the hopes they'll be brought back?).

My son is going on the escape the next week specifically to see Imagineering and the behind the scenes stuff. This is the family's first foray into AbD, with several other trips a possibility if we like group travel. Seeing Walt's apartment will be interesting as well, but if they cancel all the parts he was excited about this may a one and done, unfortunately. He doesn't care about group meals, we have done VIP already, and there are other behind the scenes tours that can be done in the parks themselves.

I admit I would also be bummed... if you call would they be willing to let you cancel for a full refund or at least move it out further (in the hopes they'll be brought back?).

Oh no! I just assumed they would cancel the tour if they could not do the Studio tour, Achives and Imagineering! We moved our March short escape to an early June Southern California tour…as we will already be in DL on our own next week, truly the only reason we are planning to do this tour is because of the Studios, Archives and Imagineering! I would love to hear if they are allowing cancellations.

Oh no! I just assumed they would cancel the tour if they could not do the Studio tour, Achives and Imagineering! We moved our March short escape to an early June Southern California tour…as we will already be in DL on our own next week, truly the only reason we are planning to do this tour is because of the Studios, Archives and Imagineering! I would love to hear if they are allowing cancellations.
The trip is less than a month away! It isn't like COVID is a new thing and restrictions are being dropped all the time. Also these trips don't happen in a vacuum, but also involve plane tickets and other plans. Seriously disappointing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter