Southern California and Disneyland Adventure

We are going on this tour in September 2024. We’ve heard tours in the fall are sometimes given tickets to Oogie Boogie Bash during their tour.

My question is for those going this fall 2023 is there any word on if you will be getting tickets? We know people who assumed they weren’t getting tickets, so purchased their own and then a month prior were told they were given tickets so they had double tickets that were non-refundable.

Anyone going this year have a plan? Have you heard about tickets yet? Are you planning on purchasing? Waiting it out to see if they’re included but run the risk of selling out?

Any kind of update will help us for next year!

We are going on this tour in September 2024. We’ve heard tours in the fall are sometimes given tickets to Oogie Boogie Bash during their tour.

My question is for those going this fall 2023 is there any word on if you will be getting tickets? We know people who assumed they weren’t getting tickets, so purchased their own and then a month prior were told they were given tickets so they had double tickets that were non-refundable.

Anyone going this year have a plan? Have you heard about tickets yet? Are you planning on purchasing? Waiting it out to see if they’re included but run the risk of selling out?

We are going this September, and received an email about a week ago that tickets would be included.

Going this October but until now I did not received any information regarding Oogie Boogie Bash included or not...

Oh interesting. Are you planning to go? Did you purchase tickets on your own then?
Quite unsure regarding OBB. Not the biggest Halloween-fan, I've only attended MNSSHP 4 years ago because of the rare characters, especially 7Dwarfs, but until now there is no such incentive for me. Also I have only one additional full day at Disney and I don't want to book anything which could not work with the schedule of the ABD-tour, which is my priority.

We are going this September, and received an email about a week ago that tickets would be included.
They are doing better on notice now. I did this trip week of September 15, 2019 and I went back thru my emails. I wasn’t told OBB would be included until August 28th

We will be at Oggie Boogie that night :) It was hunger games getting tickets.
I can only imagine! When I received the email I was SO excited and felt an immediate sense of relief that I didn't have to try to get tickets. We want to find costumes since it seems like a fun idea to dress up. The Halloween parties are one of the few I haven't done at either park, so I'm really looking forward to it.

My Mom and I are on the Oct 22-27, 2023 trip and I received an email indicating our final day would change slightly due to them providing Oogie Boogie Bash tickets (we're eating dinner earlier than we normally would)
So I guess, because I didn't get an email, there is no OBB-tickets for us on my October trip two weeks earlier :(

Last edited:
So I guess, because I didn't get an email, there is no OBB-tickets for us on my October trip two weeks earlier :(
Maybe your email got caught in your spam folder? It seems weird that they would offer it to a September trip (as a previous posted stated) and to us two week later and not your trip. As Sayhello said- I'd definitely call them or your TA and ask. Hopefully you get some good news

I can only imagine! When I received the email I was SO excited and felt an immediate sense of relief that I didn't have to try to get tickets. We want to find costumes since it seems like a fun idea to dress up. The Halloween parties are one of the few I haven't done at either park, so I'm really looking forward to it.
OBB is so much fun. Don't miss the Villain's Lair walk-thorugh - the special effects are really cool. The character candy lines are also very good - the characters are usually very interactive.

We are doing this ABD in a couple of weeks and are so excited! Any last minute tips or advice? ☺️
We are doing it too and I have a question: how humid is it in California? I have seen that, at the hottest time of day, the humidity is around 30%. Is it like that always? Is it usually dry? Or humid like Orlando?

We are doing it too and I have a question: how humid is it in California? I have seen that, at the hottest time of day, the humidity is around 30%. Is it like that always? Is it usually dry? Or humid like Orlando?
Humidity here like is found in Orlando is very rare. We tend to have a dry climate.

Humidity here like is found in Orlando is very rare. We tend to have a dry climate.
Thanks for the answer! Another concern, mosquitoes. I live in Valencia (Spain) and we have a major problem with mosquitoes. Should we bring mosquito repellent with us?

Thanks!

Thanks for the answer! Another concern, mosquitoes. I live in Valencia (Spain) and we have a major problem with mosquitoes. Should we bring mosquito repellent with us?

Thanks!
We don’t have much of a mosquito problem here,,.I can’t even remember the last time I saw one :) There might be some this year because of the rains we finally had this past winter; the news is reporting they are more likely to be a problem in Northern California. I think you should be OK in Southern California.

P.S of course, now that I say this, I find a news post that some mosquitos have been seen in areas of Los Angeles. That was in March, shortly after our rains. I’ve not heard or seen anything recently. Can’t remember when you are taking this trip, but if it’s in the summer or fall you should still be OK.

Agree with PP, it rarely gets humid in Anaheim. It is a desert climate. You will experience a "dry heat" which can be bad, but generally not as bad as Orlando. You should definitely drink lots of water throughout the day on the hot days.

As far as mosquitoes, while I am sure they are out there, it really shouldn't be a problem. When I lived in Southern California for 7 years, I am pretty sure I never got one, or at least less than one a year.

We don’t have much of a mosquito problem here,,.I can’t even remember the last time I saw one :) There might be some this year because of the rains we finally had this past winter; the news is reporting they are more likely to be a problem in Northern California. I think you should be OK in Southern California.

P.S of course, now that I say this, I find a news post that some mosquitos have been seen in areas of Los Angeles. That was in March, shortly after our rains. I’ve not heard or seen anything recently. Can’t remember when you are taking this trip, but if it’s in the summer or fall you should still be OK.
The fact that mosquitos made the news should say it all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter