Southwest Airlines ? for travel experts

bunnymkc

<font color=FF99FF>Believes in the Tooth Fairy, th
I need to know when SW is going to open past 9/10 as we are leaving 9/21-9/26 from ISP and they book up so FAST...I look every am & pm but still nothing....anyone have any idea? TIA...Marianne:earsgirl: :wave:

I am watching it everyday as well. If I see that they opened it up I can shoot you an email, and I will post it here as well!

Good Luck, we are looking for the 16th-24th of Sept from Providence.

I would think it should open very soon. I fly out of Islip too!!!! Refuse to fly from anywhere else.

I think SWA and Disney employees get their training at the same "school" -- talk to 3 people and you get 3 answers! I've been checking this daily, also. Some reservationists tell me around Memorial Day. Another one told me last night that last year it was around 5/10 or 11 or 12, so she thinks it will be the same this year. I wish they would go on sale so we could firm up our trip!

I'm new to this board and am also looking to fly out of ISP at the end of Sept. I was considering Jet Blue out of JFK, but decided to spend more money and fly out of ISP. I only live about 10 minutes away from MacArthur Airport. I have never flown out of Islip or used Southwest and was wondering what everyone's opinion was of both?

simba2, there is no need to keep calling Southwest. It's really a waste of both your time and their time. The reservations agents do not know when dates will open up for sale until they do. Just keep checking their website.

Candyht:

I also live about 10 minutes from the airport. I am an Islip resident so I get to use resident parking. We love flying out of Islip. No airport limo to take us to the airport. Just drive the car over, park it and walk in. On the way home, pick up the luggage and we are home within 1/2 hour of the plane landing.

I have used Southwest, but, prefer Delta as I like to have assigned seating. With Southwest, you have to get there early, wait on a line to get a # and then go on another line to go in as the #'s are called. They allow families with children to board ahead. However, I am probably going to use Southwest in March as Delta's flight schedule is not convenient for me.

If you have any more questions, just let me know. I generally fly out of there 2x a year. We avoid going to Kennedy or LaGuardia so much that for our trip to Ca. in September, we are taking a flight out that makes 2 stops on the way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter