Southwest Flights

I was checking SW this afternoon and the flight I want down to MCO dropped in price from $219 to $172, but only for 1 person. So, I bit the bullet and booked it for me at $172, and then booked DH's ticket at the $219. Well, actually I paid in points so it was a difference of about 4,000 points. I'll keep watching the flight to see if it decreases any further and hopefully SW will credit me back the points if it does drop. I would normally have waited it out, but it was the only flight I really couldn't be flexible on since it's the last nonstop of the night and any other flights would have required me to take more time off work. I was hoping if I booked each ticket separately I'd get them both for $172, but no dice.

So, now we have our flights down to Disney booked, but no return flights yet. I told DH I guess we'll just have to stay down there. :rotfl2:

In June S.W. Typically has a big birthday sale so you may see better prices then . We have gotten as low as $89 from Albany, NY to MCO during the birthday sale. We are going mid sept and prices now are ridiculous so I am holding out

Do you know when in june this is typically offered? I need flights for 7 (from either Detroit or buffalo) so really hoping to find a great deal!

We’re trying to book an August trip from New York to Orlando and the prices are crazy. I keep checking multiple times a day and they go from high to higher.

Yep been checking August rates for a few months and not dropping - wanna get away fares had not moved from “sold out”

I’ve been keeping an eye on Southwest prices from BWI to MCO since they opened up for our dates (9/1-9/8) and yesterday they were around $420 RT, and that’s what they’ve been for weeks. This morning they finally dropped and I was able to get 3 RT for just under $700. Hopefully everyone else has the same luck with prices dropping!

Yep, I was able to change my flights to a cheaper price, and booked my departure flights for about $200 less than they were yesterday :)

We have flight beginning of May. I booked the date it opened. Out of Phila flying on a Saturday and Sunday, it was $300. I've checked a million time since then and it's only gone up. Right now it's at $486.

Reading all the posts of prices dropping, I jumped over to check. Nope, still $486.

Was finally able to book our August return yesterday. Went from no wanna getaway, to $209. Considering the only price showing was $484 for MONTHS I was happy to book it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter