Southwest Friends Fly Free

Kes

Mouseketeer
What do you think the chances are that SW will have anther Friends Fly Free promotion to WDW in the next month or two? We're looking to fly between Thanksgiving and Christmas and I'd love to get a better rate. Right now it's $178 r/t but I only paid $106 last Fall before 9/11 (from Providence). I'd just buy now and take the credit but I have no other plans to fly in the next year and I don't want to lose the money.

Thanks.

DON'T I WISH....
Sounds like a descent price to me. We are traveling Dec 13-21 BWI/MCO and have been waiting forever for a reasonable fare. Our group got tired from stressing about it and bought @$190 for fear that week will be heavily traveled. They are good times and non stop, so be it. I called this morn to see if anything better had come up before signing our contract, she said 'do not expect it, that is a busy period and some of the flights are already full'.
However, we will still keep our eyes open and happily take a surprise any time before the 45 day lock in. Good Luck!

Hi to another Marylander! I'm only 50 miles south of you! I keep searching for good airfares - no luck so far!

Carole

Hi!
Yes, it is discouraging to keep looking and hoping for a descent airfare to Fla. when it is only a 2 hr non stop flight. But we were afraid to wait any longer as we need 12 tickets. Our daughter and family from Seattle will be joinging us on the trip and got RT fares on American thru Orbitz for only $175! Go figure!!

I don't want to make a decision for you but if it were me, I'd wait, and especially if there is any chance you can fly out of Bradley and in to Tampa. I have seen fares as low as $37 each way during that time period.
I base my trips to Florida on low fares. We just booked a spur of the moment trip to Miami beach. We got the $40 each way fare from BDL to West Palm Beach and go at the end of this month...Total for 4 RT tix $434.
Good luck!

Kes, Didn't you catch the Orlando featured destination last week. We booked BDL-MCO for $158.50 RT (Based on $70 each way). I too was waiting for the $35 each way we got last year for the anniversary special - flew RT for $75 each total cost.Then in March it cost $102. each. While I wanted to see if it would go even lower, I really needed to book that 4th ticket of the year, so I get my free flight. I'm still hoping I can cancel and rebook at a lower fare. LOL!

do not expect it, that is a busy period and some of the flights are already full

Here's my experience on finding flights in December. I was speechless when I got online to check SW airfares last week only to find there wasn't a single seat available for our dates (12/19 - 1/02) other than full fare...$520 rt pp. Unless I wanted to arrive in Orlando at 1 am with a return flight time of 7 a.m. . At that I still couldn't get the really good discounts, would have run me about $275 pp. :( So I went on a search for tickets. I finally found tickets thru AA. They call it a sale, but it isn't much of one, $300 rt pp. And at that we have to cut the trip one day short as we couldn't find anything within reason on any airline for a return on the 2nd of January! Oh well, I really dislike SW so it may be all for the best. We just used them a couple of weeks ago for summer vacation and I hate not having assigned seats and I want a BIG plane. We were pretty picky about flight times too. As particular as we were I don't think we were going to find any great bargains and at least I don't have to think about it anymore. But still, I was amazed that flights were already booking up. I didn't make reservations for our end of July vacation till 3 wks before we left!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter