Southwest "Summer Sale" to replace the "3 Day Sale"?

Disneyliscious

DIS Veteran
I've been holding out until early June when Southwest traditionally holds their 3 day sale but upon checking my email tonight (which I hadn't been able to do over the weekend) it seems they had a surprise "summer sale" which ended on the 18th. The fares seem indicative of the pricing structure that has been used on the prior June 3 day sales.

Any thoughts on this? I can't see them running the same sale again in 2 to 3 weeks. Really bummed I missed this.

I don't find SW sales to be sales at all. I see similar fares during the 'SALE' that I saw in the weeks prior. What I do see is that individual routes and dates fluctuate up and down widely during a sale or not. Each week, typically on Tuesday mornings SW adjusts their fares. I tend to check frequently until I see it drop then I book. Usually the lowest fare has been around 2-3 months out but varies considerably so have to check often.

I don't find SW sales to be sales at all. I see similar fares during the 'SALE' that I saw in the weeks prior. What I do see is that individual routes and dates fluctuate up and down widely during a sale or not. Each week, typically on Tuesday mornings SW adjusts their fares. I tend to check frequently until I see it drop then I book. Usually the lowest fare has been around 2-3 months out but varies considerably so have to check often.
Exactly. Their sales are like the ones at department stores.
The prices are the same all the time, as far as I see. They never change. Unless you are looking at a flight that leaves in a day or two, then they jump up real high. Otherwise, they are consistent
I have never seen a "sale price" on any fare I've every looked at.

Exactly. Their sales are like the ones at department stores.
The prices are the same all the time, as far as I see. They never change. Unless you are looking at a flight that leaves in a day or two, then they jump up real high. Otherwise, they are consistent
I have never seen a "sale price" on any fare I've every looked at.
Well never change isn't my experience. But I would say market and destination may play a role.

We booked our late August into Labor Day weekend Jamaica flight at 238 there and 276 back PP during a 'sale'. That flight went to 241 there and 281 back once that sale ended. Then went up to 276 there and 301 back then went back down to 241 there and 281 back and now today it is 250 there and 288 back.

Anytime and Business Select are by far much much more consistent.

Now I will agree that the sale pricing may not be the most stellar but we can get $49, $79, etc pricing it's just to destinations we wouldn't go to lol.

The previous 2 June 3 day sales have had fares from Nashville to Orlando for $57-$59. That is definitely a sale compared to the $200-$33- it has been for months (one way prices). I did not get to check the prices on their most recent sale. Whether its a sale or just a fluctuation for those 3 days, prices dropped quite a bit for those sales. They do it twice a year and have done so for the past 3 years but not sure we'll be seeing one next month now.

Last edited:
Well never change isn't my experience. But I would say market and destination may play a role.

We booked our late August into Labor Day weekend Jamaica flight at 238 there and 276 back PP during a 'sale'. That flight went to 241 there and 281 back once that sale ended. Then went up to 276 there and 301 back then went back down to 241 there and 281 back and now today it is 250 there and 288 back.

Anytime and Business Select are by far much much more consistent.

Now I will agree that the sale pricing may not be the most stellar but we can get $49, $79, etc pricing it's just to destinations we wouldn't go to lol.
Must be it. We get $39 and $49 fares from Atlanta to Orlando on a daily basis. So sales aren't going to drop them down below that anyway. When they open winter routes up I may be watching for sales for our trip west. We never fly anywhere else.

Must be it. We get $39 and $49 fares from Atlanta to Orlando on a daily basis. So sales aren't going to drop them down below that anyway. When they open winter routes up I may be watching for sales for our trip west. We never fly anywhere else.
Yeah those prices aren't what I can get here.

Typically the $49 ones I see from my airport is to STL, Nashville, Milwaukee, etc and that's every now and then during a sale (those are the places that we wouldn't really be interested flying into--STL is within driving distance for us too).

Right now for example the cheapest flight I can get all the way through November to STL is $111 per way.

I can totally understand why ATL would have significantly lower flights than my airport.

Yeah those prices aren't what I can get here.

Typically the $49 ones I see from my airport is to STL, Nashville, Milwaukee, etc and that's every now and then during a sale (those are the places that we wouldn't really be interested flying into--STL is within driving distance for us too).

Right now for example the cheapest flight I can get all the way through November to STL is $111 per way.

I can totally understand why ATL would have significantly lower flights than my airport.

$111 each way is a great price from STL. We've seen the lowest rates for certain dates closer to $250 - $300 each way.

$111 each way is a great price from STL. We've seen the lowest rates for certain dates closer to $250 - $300 each way.
The price I gave was from KC to STL.

There's just no way I'm spending $200+ per person to fly to STL from KC. But generally when a sale happens STL is on the list of destinations that is $49, $79, etc from KC.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter