Southwest-under seat storage

Prince Eric1

<font color=red>DISboard Ghostbuster<br><font colo
We are flying southwest and rarely fly. This is our first time on southwest and we were wondering if you are allowed a small bag, backpack actually, to be stored under the seat. I packed a backpack with items for the kids to keep them occupied and want to make sure I can get to it without it being stored overhead. Also, what kind of security measures will the airports generally go through with carryon of this nature. The back pack will have snack, electronic games, a portable cd player, etc. Will they unpack the whole bag?

As long as the backpack will fit under the seat, you'll be ok. Otherwise it goes into the overhead.

As to the airport security, it just depends. In July, I went through security with my carry on with NO problems. In August, when flying home from Chicago, the same carry on was pulled and they went through it (Midway). This past weekend, I had NO problems with the same stuff in the same carryon either going or coming out of DTW and MCO.

pin
remember the magic
DVC/BCVs 2002

Thanks, we've only flown twice before and not since 09/11. We didn't know what had changed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter