Souvenier ???

kaylajr

Ultimate WPASADI Co-Winner
I askd this on the family board but thought someone here may have the answer too

when we go to WDW in oct i will have threee kids with me a 8 a 10 and an 11 year old

they are working to earn spending money around the house and yard

i wanna put the money on mastercard gift cards so i can carry them but they can use them to buy what they want

do these work in disney?

any drawbacks anyone can think of?

TIA

I've never used these but if you can use them most places, I assume you could use them at Disney as well.

Another idea you might want to consider is giving them Disney Dollars. You can get them at the Disney Store and they can only be spent at Disney. My DD always loved this because of the characters on the money.

Sounds like a good plan.

Maybe you might want to try buying "Disney Dollars" and give them to the kids for their use. Its a real fun thing to do !!:sunny:

We have used the Disney Dollars and it worked out fine. I like them better than the cards because the kids can easily tell how much money they have left to spend.:)

The gift cards that I purchased for my nephews for Christmas came with a price tag. The $50 card actually cost me closer to $55.

The drawbacks are that you need to keep track of the balance. They do not work exactly like a credit card but more like a debit card with a MasterCard or VISA logo.

If your purchase price exceeds the balance on the card, you need to pay the diffference in cash first and then have the CM ring the remainder up on the card.

My nephews had a problem with remembering that and they're 15 & 17. I can't imagine a younger child being able to handle it.

If you can get Disney Dollars, I think it would be a better choice. You get $1DD for $1USD and don't have to pay any extra for the exchange. And it's easier for kids to keep track of the money they have left.

Also, with the DD, you can get change back in normal dollars, so they would have regular money if you were going to Universal or another park as well as Disney. Also, you can control how much of the money you are carrying at a time. You can leave part of your DD in the safe so if you lose that you are only out a small amount of money and would still have more. You lose a gift card and you are basically out of luck of the whole sum.

I would go with the Disney Dollars also. If you can't get them nearby, then wait until you get to your resort. They should be able to get them for you or tell you where you can get them. Some of the carts still aren't set up for credit card use, so that could be a problem. And not knowing exactly what you have left to spend could be a real problem.

Okay maybe Disney dollars are a better way to go but where do i get them other than at wdw and do they come in bills larger than $1.00

Thanks everyone

i thought the "credit card " idea would work but looks
like DD are the way to go

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter