Space Mountain Exit Ramp???

DWoodall

Earning My Ears
I'm having a hard time finding any up to date info on the Space Mountain exit ramp. Is it still being refurbished? My wife and I will be going in about a month and I'm curious.

As of Monday evening, the moving walkway was still closed and guests were sent to an exit that led around the building

One of the CM's (yes I know - take it with a grain of salt) told me last week they were doing away with the moving walkway completely. Anyone know if that is correct?

One of the CM's (yes I know - take it with a grain of salt) told me last week they were doing away with the moving walkway completely. Anyone know if that is correct?
Man, I hope not. That would be a long and steep trudge.

I'm having a hard time finding any up to date info on the Space Mountain exit ramp. Is it still being refurbished? My wife and I will be going in about a month and I'm curious.
We go in 27 days and have been wondering the same thing. The only info I can find is when people tell you they just rode it and the walkway is still closed. I have been looking for an update on a completion date.

The most annoying part right now is that you may get stopped waiting for the train to cross. But I don't know how the exit refurb will coincide with the railroad shutdown. I didn't mind the Space Mountain moving walkway, but I do remember times when it wasn't working. I assume if they're getting rid of that, that they will adjust the slope and such so it doesn't feel as bad.

You exit out a door opposite of where you'd originally get on the ramp. Then you have the long walk (but sort of fun to see the backside of SpM) to the front. Though you do have to cross the train tracks, there are CMs there to guide you/ help you and in 3 rides, we never were stopped to wait for a train, which would have been fun even if we were. There's really not a problem. It just takes longer (1 minute).

Man, I hope not. That would be a long and steep trudge.
I get what you are saying.

If they do away with it, but leave the exit where it is, yes, it will be a long and steep trudge.

Hopefully if they do away with it, they direct the exit either the same way as the temp exit or somehow make it not as steep.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter